Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEASONS - FACTS FROM GURUS

Comments

• Options
    jennthyajennthya Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks Pill! :mrgreen:

• Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited August 2012
    Two new traits dealing with how temperature effects the sims (Loves the Heat & Loves the Cold):
    You can also give your Sims new traits like Loves the Heat or Loves the Cold to make them more impervious to various temperature extremes.

(that 'new traits like...' bit makes me think there will be more related traits, maybe that's just me)
  • Options
    ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited August 2012
    During the summer you can have water balloon fights btw :)
    Oh and there's a snow cone machine, a pie (or dessert?) stand, a hot dog stand,and some kind of drink stand? Not sure :p
    During winter you can make snow angels too!
    Gosh I just keep editing :p
  • Options
    SimplyAlySimplyAly Posts: 100 Member
    edited August 2012
    (One of?) The new place to Woohoo are the igloos. ;)

New romantic interactions: "Your Sims can ask for a kiss beneath the mistletoe, send love letters, use the love tester machine and even create online dating profiles!" - SimGuruRyan

(Lots of Q&A if you go to Community > Blog > August 2012, if you haven't already!)

Also found in the Seasons blog: "While there aren't any full new careers, there is a new part-time job that only Aliens can get by becoming a "Test Subject" at the Science Facility." - SimGuruRyan

Hope I could be of help, your "All you need to know's..." are very useful, thank you! dance.gif

Edit:: Found here(http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/the-sims-3-seasons-first-details-and-announcement), Sims 3 Holidays consist of Snow Flake Day(x-mas), Spooky Day(Halloween), and Leisure Day.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    bloop_zpsajfjhh0y.jpg
    Are you a slave to Bangtan too? Check out my Bangtan Boys (BTS) sims - and other k-pop sims - in my Gallery or download them at my blog.
    Origin: SimplyAly
  • Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2012
    Facts are up! Citations & credit will be going up shortly after I finish my dividers. :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think there is a new photo booth at 59 seconds where the fall festival scene is. It is an old fashioned camera on the tent on your left side. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    I think there is a new photo booth at 59 seconds where the fall festival scene is. It is an old fashioned camera on the tent on your left side. :)

I'll check it out. Thanks Chimp! :)
  • Options
    KSkyeeSims12KSkyeeSims12 Posts: 930
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget snowflake day Pill ^^ if this hasn't been said if it has then :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget snowflake day Pill ^^ if this hasn't been said if it has then :oops:

Strange. I could have sworn I did but it's not there. o_o Thanks for reminding me!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:

Strange. I could have sworn I did but it's not there. o_o Thanks for reminding me!
    Your welcome :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for setting this up, hope the Gurus will come here and answer too. Will be lurking.

Woo! Diving boards and Aliens! I am excited.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    Thanks for setting this up, hope the Gurus will come here and answer too. Will be lurking.

Woo! Diving boards and Aliens! I am excited.

SimGuruGraham was just joking earlier about how he had to part ways with I&F to come here. So my guess is he will make an appearance at least a few times.

I was honored enough to be praised by him with my SN thread so I know he knows about it!

That was awesome :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sims can snuggle up with their crush and get crowned the king or queen of the spring dance, visit the face-painting booth at the summer festival, bob for apples beside a pumpkin patch at the fall festival or head to the snowball fight arena for an epic wintertime battle. The Sims 3 Seasons also introduces new food, fashions and décor items such as French fries, a tanning booth, mistletoe, umbrellas, snow boots and wetsuits, further enhancing the experience and fun of each season.
    Seasons release announcement

-king or queen of the spring dance
    -face-painting booth (summer festival)
    -French fries
    -tanning booth

I think I only listed things you hadn't added yet :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    Sims can snuggle up with their crush and get crowned the king or queen of the spring dance, visit the face-painting booth at the summer festival, bob for apples beside a pumpkin patch at the fall festival or head to the snowball fight arena for an epic wintertime battle. The Sims 3 Seasons also introduces new food, fashions and décor items such as French fries, a tanning booth, mistletoe, umbrellas, snow boots and wetsuits, further enhancing the experience and fun of each season.

-French fries
    -tanning booth

You rule! I gotta make my gramps a quick snack then I'll get it up right away :)
  • Options
    jazhandzjazhandz Posts: 26
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:

2. ALIENS!!!!!!!!

11. The length of a season -- even the mere existence of a season -- is fully customizable by the player. -- SimGuruRyan to IGN

19. You can befriend an alien and use their UFO to abduct a neighbor, invade a community lot, or travel to the stars.

8. Snow storms confirmed!

[/quote]

x4DBU.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:
    asterravos wrote:

-French fries
    -tanning booth

You rule! I gotta make my gramps a quick snack then I'll get it up right away :)

I live to serve :D

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog
    Q: What new weather effects can we expect?
    A: With the new transformative weather effects in the game, you can expect to see lots of new changes in your Sims' worlds. From a snow-covered winter wonderland, to spring rain showers and bright summer sunshine, to changing leaf colors in the fall, The Sims 3 Seasons brings a variety of all-new creative possibilities. Brace yourselves for hail, fog, thunder, lightning and more!

specific weather types
    -spring rain showers (different than regular rain or just fancy wording?)
    -hail
    -fog
    -thunder & lightning
    ... and more! :wink:
  • Options
    piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2012
    what is blueprint mode?
  • Options
    EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited August 2012
    what is blueprint mode?

It allows you to do a special mode in build/buy where you can lay out an entire room the way you want then supposedly save it to plop down easier in other lots you are creating.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    what is blueprint mode?

I just added a description. Go ahead and check again.
  • Options
    piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh god. People talk about the pudding faces? PUDDING BUILDINGS. They'll all look the same!
  • Options
    Wowful4uWowful4u Posts: 124 New Member
    edited August 2012
    hmmm I noticed a couple of things, one im not so sure

1.customizable umbrellas(obvious). Theyre probably buy mode items and are optional to use.
    2. new photobooth, in the fall part on the left there was a photobooth of some sort tat looks like a tent, maybe they can go in there and dress up and take goofy pictures.
    3. girl coughing, in the fall part as well i noticed a girl on the right coughing and i have never seen my sims cough, so this could be a sign of getting sick :P
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited August 2012
    You can make pumpkin pie.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mandylcd wrote:
    You can make pumpkin pie.

That is lumped in with new food. If I have enough demand to list different ones, I will definitely do that. :)

New facts up, dividers have been put in, and so has Citations, Guru Twitters & my own twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Man I remember my sims getting sick in Sims 2 and they had to stay home and couldn't go to work
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    haha it's bad enough that my sims can't work because they're always pregnant. Well the guy can.

... But not anymore since they're all gonna be poppin 'em out too.