Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEASONS - FACTS FROM GURUS

Comments

• Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited August 2012
    This is the best EP and should have came out before Supernatural :D
    I will have to agree with you. I don't even care for Supernatural now that seasons is coming out.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2012
    snurfles wrote:
    AdiCohen wrote:
    As always, Thanks for the great effort you're doing. :)

AdiCohen I just wanted to say I LOVE your Avi! That's such a sweet picture!

Wow Thank You! That's so nice of you :mrgreen:

@Pill: Graham confirmed the ability to choose which weather effects will be in each season. Live chat.
  • EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you so much for this.

Here's some information I gathered from the live broadcast that I didn't immediately see on the first few posts:
      You can see actual drops of rain off the umbrellas,
      Weather will transition slowly, not immediately.
      You can moonlight at the various booths.
      Only set amount of easter eggs, so make your Sim hunt for them early!
      Parasols.
      4 new party types, one of which is gift-centric.
    Sorry if these have been mentioned before already.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2012
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    There is a heater. I saw small one in the trailer that was shown yesterday. The male Sim woke up and went outside to do snowboarding, you can see a small light blue heater on the floor.

At 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Cq4X3wzTQ&feature=youtu.be

I noticed that too. Are you sure it's not a winter gnome? It looks like it has arms and legs? Could possibly be a heater though :)

Yeah, it does has "legs" but there is no head, hat, etc that would represent a gnome unless it is something different from other gnomes. It makes sense to have heater in bedroom near door because it is snowing outside, so it is keeping Sim warm.
  • XxNiqhtAc3xXXxNiqhtAc3xX Posts: 394 New Member
    edited August 2012
    You can add dance floor to build/buy mode because I'm pretty sure that came with another EP but it was at the Festival.

Also picking and smelling flowers

-M-
  • krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hmm.. will there be tornados?
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if it has been mentioned before but i wonder if we're going to get the weather channel back. It helped sometimes and the weatherman would say funny stories too :D
  • PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2012
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    29 and 43 are same. :)

And, you forgot to add a new photo booth that is on the tent in Spring and Fall festival scenes.

Was the photobooth confirmed?
    edited August 2012
    @Pill,

I don't think Love Day is Easter. I believe it's meant to be Valentines Day. The way Graham talked makes it sounds that way.

Seasons & Game Update Adds Filter in CAS!

Don't know if you have this one, but found this on SimVIP.com. When in CAS mode, we will now have tabs for better organization and quicker searching for what we want to dress our Sims in. Sort through just longs leeves, or just shorts, and can also search by expansion pack. So that if you want to view only the outfits added from Seasons or something, you can.

Really? But didn't they say a holiday per season? And Snowflake day is in winter :/ Idk I'll have to ask.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    Children and teens still attend school during the summer.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:
    @Pill,

I don't think Love Day is Easter. I believe it's meant to be Valentines Day. The way Graham talked makes it sounds that way.

Seasons & Game Update Adds Filter in CAS!

Don't know if you have this one, but found this on SimVIP.com. When in CAS mode, we will now have tabs for better organization and quicker searching for what we want to dress our Sims in. Sort through just longs leeves, or just shorts, and can also search by expansion pack. So that if you want to view only the outfits added from Seasons or something, you can.

Really? But didn't they say a holiday per season? And Snowflake day is in winter :/ Idk I'll have to ask.

Love Day is in the spring, there is no Easter type holiday really, it's just an egg hunt the entire duration of the spring festival.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited August 2012
    krista8626 wrote:
    Hmm.. will there be tornados?

"No tornados but you might see thunder and lightning when storms are really bad." -SimGuruMike
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2012
    OMG. ok.. this seasons is definitely infinitely better than ts2.. hands DOWN. ALIENS. freakin aliens. and freezing to death? lmaoo!! id hate that :( holidays!!! TOLD YOU GUYS!! TOLD YOU IT WAS POSSIBLE!!
    THANK YOU PILL. your info threads are the best. keep them coming. :)
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2012
    Evezan wrote:
    what is blueprint mode?

It allows you to do a special mode in build/buy where you can lay out an entire room the way you want then supposedly save it to plop down easier in other lots you are creating.
    -angels singing-
    :O i asked for this!!! THEY LISTENED TO MEEEEEE!!

proly not, but i appreciate that what i wanted is included :D
  • KSkyeeSims12KSkyeeSims12 Posts: 930
    edited August 2012
    To confirm about children going to school in the summer:
    @KSkyeeSims12 Kids still attend school year round (I know all too well the drudgery of summer school), but they will get a reprieve if a snow storm rolls through town and gets school cancelled for a snow day!

I know its been said but just to get to the direct conversation :) here ya go pill ^^
    edited August 2012
    Yup! Thanks.

5 new facts added to gen info
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hey, Pill!

SimGuruGraham has told me that there is a brand-new debug marker called the Seasonal Lot Marker! It's AWESOME! It enables you to allow any lot, residential or community, to change Buy Mode appearance in each individual Season!

EVEN MORE, he also describes how the brand-new Festival lots will work in the current premade EA worlds - both store and EP worlds - and also how the lots can come into your game if you start a previous save game that takes place in an EA world!

This is what SimGuruGraham told me this earlier on Twitter:
    .@bunbunnyny We're building unique festivals for every official world that's released so far from various expansions or The Sims 3 Store. If you start a new game in a world, the festival lot for that world will already be in place - typically it'll replace the main park in the world. If you're loading a previously created save game after installing Seasons, you'll be asked if you'd like to add the festival to your world, and it will show you exactly which lot it intends to replace. You'll also have the option to manually place it somewhere else if you prefer. For all of the worlds, both the festival lot, and the lot it's replacing will be in the community lot bin in Edit Town so that you can swap them out at any later point if you choose as well, or you can add one of them to a custom world (where they won't auto place). For people who enjoy building custom worlds, they're certainly able to create their own festival lots that will switch throughout the various seasons as users play in their worlds. All of the functionality of the lot changing its appearance throughout the world is controlled by a Seasonal Lot Marker object that's available in buydebug. This marker will allow you to change what objects appear on a lot in any season; but it does not allow you to update things on lots that are controlled by build mode tools, such as walls or terrain height. You'll even be able to use the Seasonal Lot Marker to update other community or residential lots to change throughout the year if you'd like! RT @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham I'm sorry, I think I asked this earlier, but are you allowed to describe the tech of how festivals are automatically set up?
    edited August 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Hey, Pill!

SimGuruGraham has told me that there is a brand-new debug marker called the Seasonal Lot Marker! It's AWESOME! It enables you to allow any lot, residential or community, to change Buy Mode appearance in each individual Season!

EVEN MORE, he also describes how the brand-new Festival lots will work in the current premade EA worlds - both store and EP worlds - and also how the lots can come into your game if you start a previous save game that takes place in an EA world!

This is what SimGuruGraham told me this earlier on Twitter:
    .@bunbunnyny We're building unique festivals for every official world that's released so far from various expansions or The Sims 3 Store. If you start a new game in a world, the festival lot for that world will already be in place - typically it'll replace the main park in the world. If you're loading a previously created save game after installing Seasons, you'll be asked if you'd like to add the festival to your world, and it will show you exactly which lot it intends to replace. You'll also have the option to manually place it somewhere else if you prefer. For all of the worlds, both the festival lot, and the lot it's replacing will be in the community lot bin in Edit Town so that you can swap them out at any later point if you choose as well, or you can add one of them to a custom world (where they won't auto place). For people who enjoy building custom worlds, they're certainly able to create their own festival lots that will switch throughout the various seasons as users play in their worlds. All of the functionality of the lot changing its appearance throughout the world is controlled by a Seasonal Lot Marker object that's available in buydebug. This marker will allow you to change what objects appear on a lot in any season; but it does not allow you to update things on lots that are controlled by build mode tools, such as walls or terrain height. You'll even be able to use the Seasonal Lot Marker to update other community or residential lots to change throughout the year if you'd like! RT @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham I'm sorry, I think I asked this earlier, but are you allowed to describe the tech of how festivals are automatically set up?

I actually already posted it! Fact #43 hahaha thanks bro
    edited August 2012
    Oh, sorry I didn't see it! Oh, well! :P No harm in saying something twice!
    edited August 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Oh, sorry I didn't see it! Oh, well! :P No harm in saying something twice!

Haha yeah. I agree.

Added some stuff to winter weeeeeeeee
    edited August 2012
    But I still think that the other information about how the lots will be replacing other lots in EA worlds and in store worlds, and in custom worlds might still be worth noting separately!

But, in that section where you have already posted it, I think it would be better to keep the entire Tweet together, so it will make more sense!
    edited August 2012
    How do you keep doing that?!?! :shock: :x :?:

Your status says that you're offline, but then I refresh the page after 10 seconds when I last opened the page, and you've already made another post yet you're still offline?! :x

U haz ninja powahs! :lol:
    edited August 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    How do you keep doing that?!?! :shock: :x :?:

Your status says that you're offline, but then I refresh the page after 10 seconds when I last opened the page, and you've already made another post yet you're still offline?! :x

U haz ninja powahs! :lol:

haha I have nooo idea. I haven't been off of the forums in ages. So idk why it would say that in the first place!
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't know where to put it haha

I might just take a screenshot of it. But still, no idea where to put it.
    edited August 2012
    Lol
    I think you cut off part of the Tweet. It stops in mid sentence:

"... You will even be able to update"

Also, the next line after that was from Graham, right?

And I don't think you have this, but the new community lot type is a Festival lot!