1. Release Date is THIS NOVEMBER!
3. Can now swim in the ocean -- For the first time ever, your Sims can head out into the ocean for a swim in The Sims 3 Seasons! Whether it’s taking a dip off of the sunny beaches of Sunset Valley, or going for a paddle around the murky waters surrounding Bridgeport, your Sims are no longer confined to swimming only in pools. Explore previously unreachable areas in the world, or take along a floatie lounger for some relaxation! Your Sims can even brave the icy waters during winter in search of the Polar Bear Club moodlet!
4. Several new foods and beverages (hot chocolate, cotton candy, soda)
5. You could stop snow from ever falling in Starlight Shores, or prevent it from ever raining in sunny Sunset Valley if you'd like. Season and weather settings are unique to each save game that you create.
6. There will be a festival for each season.
7. Pie eating contests
9. Ability to carve AND plant pumpkins
10. Soccer between more than two sims
11. The length of a season -- even the mere existence of a season -- is fully customizable by the player. -- SimGuruRyan to IGN
12. "Your Sims can ask for a kiss beneath the mistletoe, send love letters, use the love tester machine and even create online dating profiles!" - SimGuruRyan in his blog
13. "While there aren't any full new careers, there is a new part-time job that only Aliens can get by becoming a "Test Subject" at the Science Facility." - SimGuruRyan in his blog
14. At least two new traits: Loves the Heat & Loves the Cold
15. Some activities will only be available during certain seasons. Vaughan clarifies, stating, "For instance, having a snowball fight in the middle of summer just doesn't make sense. However, the snow ball fight interaction is replaced by a water balloon fight during the times of year where there's no snow on the ground. There's always plenty of new features and content available despite the current weather." SimGuruRyan to IGN
16. Swimming in the ocean/river/lake can be done year round
17. Holidays such as Snowflake Day (Christmas), Spooky Day (Halloween), and Leisure Day will make an appearance.
18. Dance at the spring dance
19. You can befriend an alien and use their UFO to abduct a neighbor, invade a community lot, or travel to the stars.
20. Walk or Skate on ice
21. Trick or Treating
22. Brace yourselves for hail, fog, thunder, lightning and more!
23. The weather can also directly affect the health of your Sims, giving them a tan if they stay out in the sun, getting them struck by lightning during a storm or even making them catch a cold or possibly freeze to death.
24. Freezing to death is a new death
25. 4 different party times, one being a gift giving party.
26. New deaths in Seasons (ie Freezing to death)
27. Different Foods for each season
28. All pets can interact with Seasons
29. There is wind and nature responds to it.
30. Love Testing Machine improves romantic relationships
31. Sims get paid for the kissing booth
32. Sims can contract allergies AND get sick!
33. Seasons affects gardening. Example: If it rains, you don't have to water your garden.
34. There is wind and nature responds to it.
35. Seasons are a week long by default but we can control the duration and also delete any seasons you may not want.
36. Seasons is individual to each saved game. It is not global.
37. Multiple new woohoo locations
38. Advanced players will have full control over the appearance of the festival lots, or can build their own lots that change throughout the year. For most players, they'll just see the festivals set up in their town automatically. -- SimGuruGraham
39. A specific greenhouse object isn't coming with Seasons, BUT... in Supernatural there are new indoor planters that allow you to grow your harvestables indoors, so now you can build your own greenhouse to protect your plants from the winter!
40. Slow Dancing makes a return
41. Sims can rollerskate
42. Varying degrees of rain (light rain, regular, thunder/lightning storm)
43. To create a festival lot, you'd set the lot type to Festival Grounds from Edit Town mode, and the Seasonal Lot Marker would automatically be placed on the lot.What is a Seasonal Lot Marker?
- We're building unique festivals for every official world that's released so far from various expansions or The Sims 3 Store. If you start a new game in a world, the festival lot for that world will already be in place - typically it'll replace the main park in the world. If you're loading a previously created save game after installing Seasons, you'll be asked if you'd like to add the festival to your world, and it will show you exactly which lot it intends to replace. You'll also have the option to manually place it somewhere else if you prefer. For all of the worlds, both the festival lot, and the lot it's replacing will be in the community lot bin in Edit Town so that you can swap them out at any later point if you choose as well, or you can add one of them to a custom world (where they won't auto place). For people who enjoy building custom worlds, they're certainly able to create their own festival lots that will switch throughout the various seasons as users play in their worlds. All of the functionality of the lot changing its appearance throughout the world is controlled by a Seasonal Lot Marker object that's available in buydebug. This marker will allow you to change what objects appear on a lot in any season; but it does not allow you to update things on lots that are controlled by build mode tools, such as walls or terrain height. You'll even be able to use the Seasonal Lot Marker to update other community or residential lots to change throughout the year if you’d like!
44. Kids still attend school year round (I know all too well the drudgery of summer school), but they will get a reprieve if a snow storm rolls through town and gets school cancelled for a snow day!
45. Min Specs are not changed! No need to get more RAM or a better graphics card.
46. Any and all worlds have Seasons. User created, TS3 Store, and EP worlds.
47. Rain can help put out fires
48. Umbrellas can be upgraded to glow.
49. Kissing booth is meant to be a fun & light hearted activity. It does not cause jealousy. -- SimGuruMike
50. The Starlight Shores festival does set up around the amphitheater at Verde Park in the center of town, so having a Simfest while enjoying all the new festival activities will definitely happen
51. Pets cannot swim in the ocean.
52. "Indoor rooms will naturally adjust to comfortable temperatures for Sims to protect them from the heat or cold outside." - SimGuruGraham on whether there will be ACs or Heaters.
53. Pumpkins are the only new plant in Seasons.
54. Days are longer in the summer, and shorter in the winter.
55. Trees gradually change throughout the seasons - SimGuruTrev
56. Lightning causes other destructive things to happen besides lighting things on fire. (He might just mean striking other sims, which we already know)
57. Amount of rain depends on the season
58. Can see temperature in game in fahrenheit or celsius
59. Contrary to popular belief, Surfing is NOT a part of Seasons!
60. Umbrellas are automatically used when it rains.
61. Teens can also slow dance
62. Appropriate clothes from old packs will be recategorized for seasons
63. Simbots should be careful when stepping out in bad weather
64. Wildflowers show up using spawners, just like rocks and gems
65. Icecream truck @ 3AM is GONE!
66. Puddle Jumping!
67. You can't disable individual holidays; each Season you play in will always have a holiday associated with it. That being said, there's nothing that forces you to participate in the holiday - just like real life, you can ignore the outside world if you wish.
68. Seasons, weather, festivals, and holidays are all four completely separate things. Festival lots change throughout the year according to which season it currently is. Holidays occur one day during each season and have nothing to do with Festivals, other than the Festival being a good place to celebrate them.
69. All Holidays take place on the last Friday of every season. If there is no Friday, then the last day of the season.
70. Heat wave makes a return!
71. Deciduous trees will lose their leaves in fall and regrow them in the spring.
72. Swim as far out as you like until you hit the edge of the world
73. No new rabbitholes, but there is the new Festival Grounds lot type.
74. Just one type of sickness
75. Roads will become wet during/after rain.
76. The new death and ghost color be incorperated into CAS when seasons comes out if you own Supernatural
77. Weather Channel returns
78. Rain puts out outdoor fires.
79. Cannonball and swan dive from the diving board
80. Control weather with climatron (sunny, foggy, snow, rain, etc)
81. If it's chilly in the morning, even in spring, there is frost on the ground!
82. Seasons affect Sims' moods
83. Tanning booth is SPRAY TAN
84. Waves do not affect sims in the ocean in any way
85. There are plenty of islands you can get to in other worlds by swimming. However, the Light House is not one of them.
86. Tanning booth can either malfunction or kids can pull pranks with it!
87. You can slow dance along to music anywhere. It is not restricted to the dance floor.
88. New Music in map view
90. Kissing Booth & concession stand are only available in community lots
91. Other festival objects can be purchased from catalog and placed anywhere
92. Eating contests or haunted house can only be acquired for your home by winning enough festival tickets to buy them
93. Lots of these items can be found in buydebug for those of us who like to cheat
94. After swimming for a while, a sim might get tired and swim slower.
95. Clothes WILL affect your Sim's temperature. If your sims are wearing jeans and a sweatshirt in the summer, they will overheat.
96. Learn tricks while skating
97. Sims can try to make other sims nearby wet, by jumping from the diving board.
98. Skate park will transform into an ice park during the winter
99. Ocean can be cold to get into, so Sims may be reluctant to walk into it
100. With the athletic skill your Sim can swim further out to sea
101. Besides rollerskating there is also iceskating
102. You can have ranked matches with the new football (soccer) item
103. Supernaturals have their own interactions with the rollerskate rink, it does not invole rollerskates! Werewolves will do their "hunting" run, ghosts hover, and fairies will fly around the rink.
104. Likes cold has less chance of freezing, likes hot had less chance of overheating
105. You can have summer festival items in winter, but the food you buy at the festivals are unique for each season