The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Mountain Lake~ Uploaded =]

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,592 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yay! *fingers crossed it's right this time* :mrgreen:

Mountain Lake

(Ùploaded)
    large.jpg
    (click picture for download)

A hidden lake high in the Mountains. Sweet water, cool breezes, and an Asylum on a hill.... How will it affect the little town now that the Insane Sims are free? Will havoc rule the day? A Populated world I built to play the Asylum Challenge ~and it grew from there. All necessary Career lots including, 4 clubs, SHT venues, and Pet Store. There are 76 lots including Legacy priced lots, 22 prebuilt house, a few starters, one apartment- several empty lots.
    ~WA/AMB/LN/GEN/PETS/SHT~ Free Store items: Riverview and Eco/Renault Set used/Free Holiday Items too
    (plus you need the gown for the Asylum Sims- It's Free- http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21751 ... =]
    Toyota Prius Download- http://store.thesims3.com/prius?productId

Large world but limited land- there's a huge lake! ;)
    11 Families included.
    65.6MB

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

• Options
    PyischanPyischan Posts: 411
    edited August 2012
    Awesome!! :)
  • Options
    Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2012
    As usual, this looks great...downloading now!

Thanks! :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks! Hoping it works well, too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh my - The final. Yay. Got it.

Hey did you see the the post from Ruthless - she's at the "hands on" for Supernatural at EA today and sending pics of some of the build stull. Here's a link in case you didn't see it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/568196.page

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Oh my - The final. Yay. Got it.

Hey did you see the the post from Ruthless - she's at the "hands on" for Supernatural at EA today and sending pics of some of the build stull. Here's a link in case you didn't see it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/568196.page

Thanks!

She is, huh? Well, good for her. :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I like the windows and doors.

Quoted from SimGuru Megan - "Megan Myers, EA: In The Sims 3 Supernatural, we’ve added the new sliding bookcase door, cornices, and windows that will snap together that can be used to create large windows or multi-floor windows. We also have a number of new building objects in styles that will fit with the supernatural theme."

Love this.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    WaffenThinMintWaffenThinMint Posts: 312 New Member
    edited August 2012
    ***snaffles Mountain Lake & runs off cackling!*** :mrgreen:
  • Options
    makinmagic58makinmagic58 Posts: 342 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always look for to Rflong's worlds. I can't download them--I don't have the required EP's--but I always look at the pics and drool. ;) Congrats on another great build Rflong! *high-fives*
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yahoo I dl'd it gave it a recc and a favorite vote. :D
    Reggie, thanks for the site info. Nice looking stuff. Still torn about preodering. Amazon has a good price and also offers the Prima guide for SN. I am just not happy about the zombies, and also wondering what it is going to do with the vampires, didn't really like how they looked in the preview. Guess I will have to wait for the replay of the broadcast today, since I don't do facebook or twitter. :?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks~ :mrgreen:

I did mess up ~ I accidentally used the School instead of the Hospital. You can replace it- I do apologize but I don't want to redo the world unless there are other problems.~
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oops..made a note. Will do that and then make a save. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Done, but I felt a kind of loss, the building on the lot that said hospital and research center was really lovely to look at. I loved the tree design on the larger building.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Thanks~ :mrgreen:

I did mess up ~ I accidentally used the School instead of the Hospital. You can replace it- I do apologize but I don't want to redo the world unless there are other problems.~
    Another great world! :-)

Rflong, now that seasons is out, were you planning on updating Winter Wonderland?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks!

No, I'll probably take Winter Wonderland down. I don't think it will be needed any more. :D
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:

Thanks!

No, I'll probably take Winter Wonderland down. I don't think it will be needed any more. :D

Are you sure? No one really knows enough about Seasons yet, the option to make it permanently winter might be available. The minute you take it down people will be screaming for it to be put back up. A great world stays great regardless of any changes introcuded with expansions :mrgreen: At least I think so!
  • Options
    RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited August 2012
    I seem to remember in the sims 2 version of seasons you could actually pick which seasons you wanted to cycle through? Not that that means anything for the sims 3 version :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh, I understand. It'll depend on how the trees function in Seasons. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just saw the Seasons and Supernatural chat and yes you can have all Seasons or just the ones you want. You can set it to each Save of any world. I super look forward to playing this world in the all Winter setting as each Season has a festival to go with it, and a Holiday - the winter one has gift parties and I just see this world as perfect for it. So i am keeping my copy for sure. But yeah, I get what you are saying about the trees and such and I have no clue how the game snow will affect your trees and such. I do know plants outside look frozen and sort of like the ones in this world look. I'd say wait and see. I will definitely test it out for you with my copy if you like -(the good Lord willing as Seasons does come out after my tests and health scrutinizing thing - but I will try and promise to test it for you) but I see this world as perfect for an all snow/Winter world. Ice Station will work great too.

Especially during blizzard conditions - should look cool for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012

So.... it's going okay? Things playing well together? :shock:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yep - I have been working on 3 of your worlds at the same time practically and playing the Sims of ML.. I made one world - the one without buildings an all circus and Showtime world. I turned the empty version of Legacy Island into a place for my fairies. i first thought all that cement might be annoying, but discovered it recolors well and what shows looks like side walks. I also had made a version of the big empty one for Fairies and Witches, but seems it allowed me too much room and all those downloaded wonderful Fairy type and witchy type houses and buildings, made it a bit laggy. After I put that one aside I figured go a bit smaller and went with Island Build. While doing so I think I discovered the culprits bugging Glenvale County and at least one of them is the very fantastic Fairy Village made by Elle. She has like every RH under the Village and the village on top also has a ton of shops including all the Ambition ones, and WA ones. I think it was just too much for one lot to handle or there is some conflicts going on with all those lots as I removed it in the Legacy and my bogging down instantly stopped. So I made something along the same line but didn't add any of the WA or Ambitions shops on the lot and used the Lunar lake portals in the cellar just for the needed RH's above it all I just had a huge gym with rock climbing wall, and the martial arts stuff in it and now no lag. I placed new renditions of fairy style shops for the Ambitions and WA ones on your small lots individually in a little group and still no lag. So one can have all those things on one world grouped separate but together, just not on the same lot. It was interesting to say the least - and I hope to see if I can fix the Glendale version. As lovely as that lot is - I fear it has a serious conflict and I must say the first single lot i have ever seen that bogs down an entire world. I tell folks not to put the ambitions lots with any other lots - they need their own little lot- oh well - it would have been nice had they worked together though. You ever get a chance check out that Fairy Tale Village lot by Elle - it's amazing to see anyway.

I've also gotten ML ready for the SN invasion just about. I have been playing different sims and getting up various useful skills I hope in between these other three worlds. ML works flawlessly for me anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I also redownloaded Haunted Valley and want to play in that a bit with just the characters in there and I don't plan to add anything at all to it - as that is the first world I plan on playing once I try out Moonlight Falls. I want to skill up a few of those Sims in the Magic we have and a few things to magnify their traits - so they will hopefully be easy to make some "super witches" right out of the gate to go up against some of EA's. Of course I will polish them up with the benefits we will get from SN. But I see that world so perfect for SN - the only thing I plan to do to it will be to add some of the ratty looking rundown looking stuff to the run down house in HV. Going to add some of the fairy houses as they appear they can be put anywhere and make a few evil streaked ones and see how they fare with the witches.

I have lots of plans and I'm trying to do everything I can now to prepare. Of course as my luck goes I'll probably install SN when it comes out and it makes all my hard work Null and void. Hope not. Now if i could just find more hours in the day - as unfortunately life keeps getting in my way - with silly little things like pulmonary theraphy, laundry, and cleaning and such... and all these needy creatures... hehehe including the hubby... shesh.

Quoting the simmies - I am having so much fun it should be criminal. My plumbob is bright green.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Very lovely world =). Then again all of your worlds are beautiful!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi! :mrgreen:

Wow, WR- You've been busy and have fun. Sounds like really cool places.
    I'm looking forward to the next two expansions, too. It's been a long while since that's happened. :lol:
    *(Hope you're doing well- Hugz to your and your family) :)

Thanks so much, thetideschanging! :mrgreen:

• Options
    HushDogHushDog Posts: 2 New Member
    this is probably a really over-asked and already answered question-- on the exchange it says there's only base game required plus a few items (which i downloaded just fine) but in game i'm missing the bridge from the mainland to the island :/ should i have another EP?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top