The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Mountain Lake~ Uploaded =]

Comments

• Options
    BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited July 2012
    Looks really nice!

I love the feel of the place :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,592 Member
    edited July 2012
    YAY! Thanks. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2012
    Really lovely world. Played 2 different families, Nivio and his wife ginger, and then the Person siblings. Had them go to quite a few places and had no problems. It plays very nicely. Great work. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Rukaya. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mountain Lake is doing a little James Brown.... I feel good... na-a, na-a, na-a, na - oh so good... cause I got you... it sings to all the welcomed new arrival upon it shores and mountain tops...

I have a very happy and content ML I conclude. hehehe

" Oh so goood, na-a.na-a, na-a, na......" as it dances into the sunset a very happy little world even with crazies aboard....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Yay! :D

I've corrected the list of things so I'm going to play it some more today to make sure then upload it. *knock on wood*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Great will wait for the upload. Have rl stuff to take care of anyway. :D
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello :)

I downloaded Mountain Lake earlier today and had an ol' snoop - it's a beautiful world :mrgreen: Countless opportunities to take scenery pics. I was surprised it worked without Showtime, so if anyone is wondering, it will if you don't have that EP. (I thought if you didn't have the EP the world would stop loading)

I don't have time to test it or anything, so I'm really not much help here :lol: Oh - and thanks for including my sim. Can't remember if you asked me or whatever to have him in Mountain Lake, but it really doesn't matter, I would have said yes anyway :D I was shocked to find him in the asylum with "hates the outdoors trait" :lol: Just joking, but it does reminds me that I have to "update" him ... :shock:

Anyway, good luck with Mountain Lake, and it'll be a sure Rec from me when it's uploaded :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Conorsim wrote:

I downloaded Mountain Lake earlier today and had an ol' snoop - it's a beautiful world :mrgreen: Countless opportunities to take scenery pics. I was surprised it worked without Showtime, so if anyone is wondering, it will if you don't have that EP. (I thought if you didn't have the EP the world would stop loading)

I don't have time to test it or anything, so I'm really not much help here :lol: Oh - and thanks for including my sim. Can't remember if you asked me or whatever to have him in Mountain Lake, but it really doesn't matter, I would have said yes anyway :D I was shocked to find him in the asylum with "hates the outdoors trait" :lol: Just joking, but it does reminds me that I have to "update" him ... :shock:

Anyway, good luck with Mountain Lake, and it'll be a sure Rec from me when it's uploaded :thumbup: :mrgreen:

OMGoodness- I didn't ask you, did I. I thought I had from back in Longview if I could use our Sims in the worlds. . . I just figured it would carry over. :(

So sorry and I'll ask to use them next time. I'll re-ask everyone before I do it again.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

OMGoodness- I didn't ask you, did I. I thought I had from back in Longview if I could use our Sims in the worlds. . . I just figured it would carry over. :(

So sorry and I'll ask to use them next time. I'll re-ask everyone before I do it again.

No no no! Don't be sorry, it's not a big deal at all. My sim is on the exchange, and in the first post post on the World Explorers thread - anyone can use him for whatever they like. I'm sure I did agree to the sim being in Longview, though I don't really remember ... But ah! It doesn't matter LOL! Do whatever you want with my sim, I'm sure he doesn't mind :mrgreen:

I suppose it was just that I wasn't active here when you were adding the sims or whatever and it never crossed your mind to ask me, but I really don't mind. I'm more flattered to have him in Mountain Lake than anything else :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Conorsim wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

No no no! Don't be sorry, it's not a big deal at all. My sim is on the exchange, and in the first post post on the World Explorers thread - anyone can use him for whatever they like. I'm sure I did agree to the sim being in Longview, though I don't really remember ... But ah! It doesn't matter LOL! Do whatever you want with my sim, I'm sure he doesn't mind :mrgreen:

I suppose it was just that I wasn't active here when you were adding the sims or whatever and it never crossed your mind to ask me, but I really don't mind. I'm more flattered to have him in Mountain Lake than anything else :P

Thanks- If I ever use him again I'll be sure to ask or at least let you know. :)

All our Sims are Insane and Hates the Outdoors. It's part of the Asylum challenge. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That is so funny...my sim is a wingnut. LOL. :D I already have the patient gown so am good to go. The parson siblings have upped there skill levels so will probably save them to my library before I uninstall the old test ML before I dl your new updated one when it comes out. Looking forward to checking out my crazy sim, and her fellow patients. Never played the asylum challenge before. Is the challenge to up their skill levels and try to improve their living conditions?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Rukaya - the assylum challenge was actually where you could only control one sim in the assylum - the only sim that is less crazy than the rest who can actually come and go - while the rest must fend for themselves - there is not enough beds or any luxuries and everything must be very limited according to the rules. You can't tell the crazies when to eat, to sleep, or even feed themselves. You can do nothing but observe them. That's why the pictures are so funny.

It was actually harder in the Sims 2 to keep them alive, as they do a better job of dealing in sims 3 - but you need the rules if you plan to play the challenge. Like Rflong letting them go places was not really allowed in the challenge rules - that is why they are traited to hate the outdoors so they will stay inside. But you can't call them a maid or a repair service or tell any to skill or fix broken things. They have to do it all on there own while you just control the one sim. Sometimes it is hard to not tell them to do things, but it is the rules - and they are limited to things they can have in the assylum. Just do a search for Assylum Challenge rules and you can find it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you Reggie. Before I look for he rules...how can you tell who is the less crazy one?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Rukaya wrote:
    Thank you Reggie. Before I look for he rules...how can you tell who is the less crazy one?

Yeah, like WR said- I wasn't supposed to send them to the Movies. I am gonna let them leave with my Sim in a group with the Go here- all option. :)

The one who isn't as crazy is the only one you control. That's why they're not so crazy. You have your One Sim and you can't ever change who you control. :)

You don't have to play them, it's only if you want. Twallan's SP mod will move them all out- or most of them- any way. :)

http://simmerslounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ts3&action=display&thread=190&page=1
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you, I have the rules now. I think it will be fun to try this. Rflong you can always use any of my sims when ever you wish. I think it is fun. :D Don't know if I will be able to play tomorrow or the weekend for that matter. I am always so busy. I will keep checking for when you have uploaded your new version of ML. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well Rukaya and me won't have that problem Rflong. hehehe We play vanilla.

I do enjoy playing the challenge and used to go check on the sims a couple times during a play session after initially getting them all set and the controllable set up - then I'd go play a different household in the town and just record the progress of the sims in the assylum. Of course they do tend to roam a bit in Sims 3 even with EA SP - sometimes out working when I go back to check and have to make them quit the job. I think that is because I play my game with full free will and everything on high for everyone as I hate just watching sims stand around doing nothing. So that is one "bend" in the rules I don't care for as I need my whole neighborhood on high free will and unfortunately it is not controllable without mods per household. So they are still liable to be seen about town. I do always go back to the assylum if I see them out and do intervene in that case to make them quit a job if they got one (they sometimes pitch fits about it, or if they are out having a good time, they get all out of sorts about me making them come home.

So I play the challenge - sort of, but not exclusively - or I'd be the bored one and probably joining their craziness. hehehe

So I don't play the challenge as intended but in a more enjoyable way and mostly just observe them. I do try and make sure the controllable fixes things and stuff like that.

I found out if I just play that household I end up losing before the game even starts because I unconsciously seem to start telling idle fuss budgets to do something, and out the window goes the rules. So this way, I don't break the rules - they might - but not me. hehehe
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    That's a good idea, WR. :lol:

I've run into a problem- or found one- which will take a few days to redo. Sigh... It must have happened on one of the Save crashes.

I've played it for over a Sim week (different versions) and not one butterfly. I don't understand it myself. SSV has them/changed out Save folder/no mods- so, I'm going to redo the map to a new one. The hardest part- besides all the addresses will be the roads.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh Rflong that is too sad. :( Ah well things happen. I am going to try to find the time to play the game sometime this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing my insane sim. I think I will try to follow Reggie's example though and try to keep a hands off game play. There are still other families I want to check on.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Double post.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    That's weird - I did not even notice. I could have sworn I saw some in one of the parks - but I haven't really gone looking for the spawners this time. I have mainly focused on pets spawning, looking for routing problems or tears or other oddities. Now I am curious... but it is too late tonight to go back in - I had mainly been working on getting my sim some income so he could build his house - when he was singing for tips I thought I saw some maybe it was whisps or something. I know I have found some seed but I hadn't even been looking for them when I spotted those. I found snakes, birds, and beetles and a chipmonk in the campground. I saw a few horses but no deer or raccoons yet. I wonder if it is just the spawners have been slowed down as I have seen a few others complaining of not finding spawners on a few other threads. In the first version I did check a few lots for spawners in buydebug and they seemed a normal amount - so I guess I just never checked since the first one you posted. I always assumed they would still be in place when ever you updated automatically.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    That's a good idea, WR. :lol:

I've run into a problem- or found one- which will take a few days to redo. Sigh... It must have happened on one of the Save crashes.

I've played it for over a Sim week (different versions) and not one butterfly. I don't understand it myself. SSV has them/changed out Save folder/no mods- so, I'm going to redo the map to a new one. The hardest part- besides all the addresses will be the roads.

Rflong I think this must be an EA created issue. DD and I were testing alexspoom's Suburban Springs beta 2 and neither of us found any gem spawners. I'm not sure there were any bugs, either. There were some seeds and fish but not much else. He added more spawners in the beta 3 but now I am thinking this has got to be some kind of bug. :(
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2012
    I know for a fact I collected a monarch butterfly at the family campgrounds,but I too did wonder about the lack of butterflies.You don't ever over do it in your worlds, but after a sim week of play I only found the one.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    That's weird - I did not even notice. I could have sworn I saw some in one of the parks - but I haven't really gone looking for the spawners this time. I have mainly focused on pets spawning, looking for routing problems or tears or other oddities. Now I am curious... but it is too late tonight to go back in - I had mainly been working on getting my sim some income so he could build his house - when he was singing for tips I thought I saw some maybe it was whisps or something. I know I have found some seed but I hadn't even been looking for them when I spotted those. I found snakes, birds, and beetles and a chipmonk in the campground. I saw a few horses but no deer or raccoons yet. I wonder if it is just the spawners have been slowed down as I have seen a few others complaining of not finding spawners on a few other threads. In the first version I did check a few lots for spawners in buydebug and they seemed a normal amount - so I guess I just never checked since the first one you posted. I always assumed they would still be in place when ever you updated automatically.

I understand. I didn't notice until I wanted my newest Sim to make some quick money... she was looking for gems and butterflies (which I know where they all should be) and yet no butterflies. Even on the lots, which I placed.
    I got bugs and gems and little birds/animals but not one butterfly.

Rflong I think this must be an EA created issue. DD and I were testing alexspoom's Suburban Springs beta 2 and neither of us found any gem spawners. I'm not sure there were any bugs, either. There were some seeds and fish but not much else. He added more spawners in the beta 3 but now I am thinking this has got to be some kind of bug. :(

Ah...
    Did he fix it? Do you remember what he did? :)
    Greenb70 wrote:
    I know for a fact I collected a monarch butterfly at the family campgrounds,but I too did wonder about the lack of butterflies.You don't ever over do it in your worlds, but after a sim week of play I only found the one.

You did find one? But it took a week- that is strange.
    LOL~I did go back into the world to check if I had them placed. They're there and on the lots... so, I'm stumped.

~If I ever make a large world that doesn't have something go wrong the first time, I'll just have to stop because it'll me a miracle. :lol:

I've reinstalled my Base Game. Reinstalled CAW... transfered my map and paint layers so it was quicker. Then transfer my layers- except for the spawners. I'm checking on butterflies before adding any lots.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

This is Floppies- she's playing with the raccoon.

Flopsie is off to the park...

Day 2- we have butterflies in the park (I added them to the lot after placing)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Still haven't seen any butterflies on the world map- I have seen a lot of the little animals and birds where the butterflies are supposed to be... but why not any butterflies in a weeks time? Pets are more important? And yet, will I have to put more spawners on the lots for the butterflies to show or will there just be more pets?

Annoying as heck. :roll:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top