Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Mountain Lake~ Uploaded =]

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Hi, :mrgreen:

Mountain Lake

(Ùploaded)
large.jpg
(click picture for download)

A hidden lake high in the Mountains. Sweet water, cool breezes, and an Asylum on a hill.... How will it affect the little town now that the Insane Sims are free? Will havoc rule the day? A Populated world I built to play the Asylum Challenge ~and it grew from there. All necessary Career lots including, 4 clubs, SHT venues, and Pet Store. There are 76 lots including Legacy priced lots, 22 prebuilt house, a few starters, one apartment- several empty lots.
~WA/AMB/LN/GEN/PETS/SHT~ Free Store items: Riverview and Eco/Renault Set used/Free Holiday Items too
(plus you need the gown for the Asylum Sims- It's Free- http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21751 ... =]
Toyota Prius Download- http://store.thesims3.com/prius?productId

Large world but limited land- there's a huge lake! ;)
11 Families included.
65.6MB

~! I accidentally used the School instead of the Hospital. You can replace it- I do apologize but I don't want to redo the world unless there are other problems.~

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Overhead view....
screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

Some more pictures. :lol:

The Nectary...

Ariel view of the Campgrounds....

Karaoke bar...

The Pound...

Fisherman's bar...

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    I really like the new place. The terrain is beautiful with the lakes and all, but at the same time it has kind of a "Quailhogs" feel for the dreary...I love that in a world. :D I had to lol at the "Pound." :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2012
    May i use this beautiful world for my new legacy for Generation two?
    And here it is :0]
    http://thesmithgenerations.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks, bshag4lv. I'll take that as a great compliment. :D

Sure, Boggleman. That would be cool. LP is a wonderful world and your story is going well. :thumbup:
  • Options
    bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:

Thanks, bshag4lv. I'll take that as a great compliment. :D

Sure, Boggleman. That would be cool. LP is a wonderful world and your story is going well. :thumbup:
    Thankyou! :D
    I just started it would you mind if you comment on it here :
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/565322.page
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2012
    It looks awesome, Rf! I am downloading it now.
  • Options
    HotBlackBabeHotBlackBabe Posts: 250
    edited July 2012
    Looks absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi

Thanks, DarkMirage & HotBlackBabe! :mrgreen:

And let me know how it goes. 8)
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2012
    I love this world...downloading now...Thanks for your hard work.

When you are done testing will it still be available from other then EA. I can't download anything from there, the last several days, without it becoming corrupted. Custard shows a disaster on my own uploads. They are fine when I send them up...corrupt when I download them.

Going to install it now...Thanks again...it is really pretty.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2012
    I enjoy playing several of your worlds just for fun so I figured I'd give Mountain Lake a go today.I rarely if ever get my sim a job,they are usually either self employed or they live off of what they can collect and sell.I was happy to see the little garden at Memorial House so I sent my sim Danica to poach.
    Screenshot-27.jpg"width=650"
    She received that dreaded why has it gotten dark all of a sudden pop up message.A couple of locals Nuvio and Ginger Marino decided to come out for a look see.
    Screenshot-28.jpg"width=650"
    Sims really do have a lousy sense of direction.The meteor was coming from the opposite direction.
    Screenshot-29.jpg"width=650"
    Screenshot-30.jpg"width=650"
    Screenshot-31.jpg"width=650"
    Screenshot-32.jpg"width=650"
    Danica continued harvesting through the whole thing(don't judge me,she has a cat at home and we need cat things).Nuvio was smart enough to at least run to the porch while poor Ginger was turned into a blonde after the blast.
    Screenshot-33.jpg"width=650"
    Screenshot-34.jpg"width=650"
    The big meteor ended up being worth over $4,000 simoleons so I figure that is a good days haul for an unemployed sim to make in a little more than 6 sim hours into a new sim world. :lol:
    Sorry for the picture spam but I found the situation too funny not to share.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi :)

Thanks, citytube. I've also noticed since the last site maintenance that the Save As isn't working but the Add to Game works. Which is hard to find CC now. :(
    I'll be sure to reupload the final version to either MediaFire or 4Share. :mrgreen:

Awesome, Greenb70! :lol:
    Wonderful pictures- Thanks. :mrgreen:
    Glad there was a good haul and none of the little Sims got too hurt. :lol:
    *Check the cemetery for life fruit too* ;)
  • Options
    IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh-my-freaking-Deity, this looks absolutely amazin'!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Iwanalogin! :mrgreen:

*knock on wood* it runs well. :shock:
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've been playing this world for a couple of hours, no issues so far. I started out with the cabin that has the two brothers living in it. Here's a pic of one of them.

Screenshot-2-4.jpg"width=450"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I found some treasure.It wasn't much but every little bit helps keep my sim from having to get a job.I've also picked up a few gems and rocks and some little creatures as well.
    Love what you did at the science facility.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi :D

Yay~ Thanks, DM- and He looks much better with that skin. :mrgreen:

Great, Greenb70! I had to put in a small treasure. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It has only been a sim week,but I have yet to really encounter any issues.I am still exploring though.
    Danica and her cat Davender are the ones really doing all the exploring
    Screenshot-37.jpg"width=650"
    I usually have a sim check out most of the world on foot so that means a trip to the gym
    Screenshot-38.jpg"width=650"
    After a workout a little treat is usually in order
    Screenshot-36.jpg"width=650"
    I'm not sure the Pitstop bartender is such a trust worthy guy,he looks a bit shady.
    A little shopping can sometimes go a long way as well
    Screenshot-40.jpg"width=650"
    p.s. thanks for the tip
    Screenshot-35.jpg"width=650"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2012
    Is this the world you were talking about? It looks excellent.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2012
    Beautiful Rflong7, it kinda reminds me of Banff National Park waaaay up here in Alberta :D.

The meteor strike is awesome, I can't belive she got photos!!!
  • Options
    EdgeWithYouEdgeWithYou Posts: 353
    edited July 2012
    This looks beautiful! :D
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited July 2012
    I like this world all your worlds are great greething moefy
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2012
    Played all evening with a new sim and basically had him living out of a tent so no bills and all he did was meet the simmies, played his guitar and sang a bit here and there. Worked himself up to getting paid pretty good for tips and like GreenB's sim making do living off what he can find. No excitement in my game so far anyway - surprisingly seeing my sim has also been doing a good deal of star gazing with the local ladies every chance he gets. They think he's after their hearts when in truth he is after their friendship to get his charisma up. hehehe - Ha - bet you thought I was going to say something else. hehehe

But absolutely no problems for me all evening. Think it's time to find my guy a piece of land and get him working on his career. But all the rabbit holes were great - I haven't seen any routing problems or tears - and the game is playing really smooth and nice. Granted my sims only has a bicycle, but it's really smooth riding with no freezes at all. Really loving this place.

Catch you later.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Well my sim took some of her meteor earnings and went to Egypt.The exit point was just as the taxi reached the bridge just beyond what I refer to as the mid town area on the docks.The re-entrance was just outside the cemetery.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2012
    Haven't had much time to play the past few days but I did get this downloaded and played for a couple of hours last night. LOL, I can sure tell the difference between this and the larger worlds I'm testing because it loads and saves so much faster.

I haven't encountered any routing issues or problems either. I did notice there is no karaoke machine in the karaoke bar, though. My first thought was that you were really tired of my karaoke pics, LOL.

I started in the Renters house and do have a quick question. Quintin and Raina both have the same last name but they aren't related. I was considering a romantic relationship for them but if you had intended them to be brother and sister and just didn't set the family tree, I'll go another way.

Speaking of them, here they are golfing. This has got to be the best view from the tees that I've ever seen and ever could be. Great placement choice for the park.
    MLakeParkGolf.jpg

One further comment. As pointed out in my thread on that TravelDB.package file, once again there is no bloat in that package for a pre-populated world. Love the sims you've done, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Thanks! Glad it's going well *knock on wood* and that you all like the look of it so far. :mrgreen:

@Greenb70 -Thanks for sharing the pictures....

@Quailhogs -Yep, they're in the Asylum on the hill. :lol:

@DD- Those Sims were made at the same time- guess I forgot to change the last names. They aren't meant to be related... both blonde to mix up the dark haired Sims. :blush:
    I did forget to rename the Karaoke place. -lol
    Just kept if for the Showtime place. (I like your singing pictures!) :D

• Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rflong said "Thanks, citytube. I've also noticed since the last site maintenance that the Save As isn't working but the Add to Game works. Which is hard to find CC now.
    I'll be sure to reupload the final version to either MediaFire or 4Share"

Thanks so much for uploading the final version somewhere else, as well. I love this world! It is so pretty, between you, quailhog, and Remmo...I think that is his name, I am finally playing instead of just building. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top