Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    This thread is amazing.

Created July 2012
    Bumped April 2013
    Bumped October-December 2014
    Bumped March 2015
    Bumped again August 2015

Love it!

Sims 2 ftw!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    LOVE Sims 2! A game that kept my aspiration meter pretty decent instead of going into deep, deep failure :D
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    SimsLover2247SimsLover2247 Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2015
    I love both of them in different ways, but if I had to make a decision it has to be Sims 3. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with 2 and I still get feelings of nostalgia when playing it but now the game can get a little bit annoying. No CASt, no open world, no life stage editing, no story progression, etc.. In 2 it's load screen after load screen and I don't even have my sims go out because it "freezes" time. You can't decide on some accessories and one pet peeve is that there's no way to brush their teeth or set makeup for different outfits.

So yeah 3 is the one for me. I'm playing 2 right now though because my current laptop isn't strong enough for 3 and the EPs. I miss it so much
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    @SimsLover2247 Actually in the Apartment Life EP they added the option that your sims can brush their teeth or wash their face with the medicine cabinet. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    For the longest time, I would have said Sims 2 was the best for me. I'm a neighborhood-wide, multigenerational, rotational player so the Sims 2 has been the easiest to fit that playing style. But recently I've been trying out Sims 3 again, and I have to say that I really like it a lot. It has quite a few nice features and it's fun to play. The worlds are gorgeous, I like the fairies & witches a lot, Seasons is a blast, and so on. I feel like I've barely scraped the surface of what I can do with Sims 3.

So now I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They're both awesome games, whichever one is "best" just depends on your playing mood.
  • Options
    SimsLover2247SimsLover2247 Posts: 89 Member
    @NerdySims99 Oh I didn't know that! Thanks! I always thought it was a hack or something.
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    I like the sims 3 better there is so much more you can than in sims 1 and sims 3.
  • Options
    ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    I prefer The Sims 3.
  • Options
    lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I think that the Sims 2 sticks most with the Sims-ish kind of style. TS3 kind of just feels like a customizing update. While yes, when I played, I loved all of the sliders and mods you could add in CAS, but the game itself was deadly laggy and buggy all around and even for me, mods didn't necessarily help out. Plus, I was on a Mac that had absolutely no room for more expansion packs.. and I had only installed Supernatural and Into the Future and it was taking up about 30gigs of my laptop! TS2 on my new laptop takes about around 13 gigs, which is the UC with a boatload of custom content and mods that I download daily.
  • Options
    ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    I preferred The Sims 3.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The sims 3, the sims 2 hasn't aged well. As much as I love the sims 2, the sims 3 has better graphics and more gameplay. I guess that's because the sims 3 got more EP's and playable content. I also feel the sims 3 is not outdated yet, with the ipads (or llamapads :D), smartphones, laptops, etc. So playing it doesn't make me feel like I'm back to the 00's like the sims 2 does. :#
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion

Of course.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Julia5520Julia5520 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have never played TS2 but i like watching gameplay videos of it. I like the gameplay of the sims 2, but the graphics of the sims 3 better.
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    I like the sims 3 better there is so much more you can than in sims 1 and sims 3.

• Options
    tazreentasnimtazreentasnim Posts: 34 Member
    Hmm....that's really hard but I'd go with Sims 3. The only thing that annoyed me in Sims 3 was the lag but other than that, open worlds, CASt and other essential features made it my favourite but I also loved TS2 :)
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    Yes the sims 2 is a lot more better then the sims 3. When I played it (which was yesterday) it was missing the a feeling I had where playing the sims 2. Also they added to much stuff to the stuff they had from the beginning. I feel like EA was just begging for money from that game. Like U can't spell Steal without EA!
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    yes.in my opinon 2 is better. At this point I don't care what 2 does not have. I'm glad what it does have something that was or is missing from 3 and 4 "Gameplay" again just my opinion!!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I much prefer the sims 2. There is a lot of good things about 3 and the world looks pretty but I really dislike how the sims look in 3 and I hate the fact I can't play rotational in the sims 3. When I try and when I come back to my house holds, things have changed, my sims have had babies I didn't want them too, got jobs I didn't want them too and I hate that.

To me the sims 2 sims have more character, more personality and I have full control, I don't feel that in the sims 3.
  • Options
    Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    In my opinion, the sims 2 is better
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    In some things, yes-but in others, no.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I will forever love TS2!

Thats why I made this thread
    I guess you could call it TS5, but I'm not sure they'll understand that I want EVERYTHING from TS2 to be included - plus more. o:) And that includes the EPs (I want OFB!!!)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    They're both the best games though each is best in it's own way.I have to play each family through each day in TS2 because time passes for the family's lot while I can still play rotationally in TS3 with the tons of Mods I use though I play a family for each day in the town and time passes globally for the game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Some things 3 did better and some things 2 did better. Sims 2 is my favorite, but I like Sims 3 as well. If I could just drop Sims 2 sims, and the attention to detail into Sims 3 world with story progression I would be all set!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think it matters what you're looking for in this game. The babies and the toddlers are so much better in Sims2 and so are the Sims themselves, as for how they behave and interact. Also, I think the humor far exceeds that of Sims3. They Sims walks are smoother in Sims2.

While I was highly addicted to Sims2 and bought every EP and SP offered, and just a few Store items, I loved it dearly. I made the transition to Sims3 and had to remind myself that base games should never be compared to a full game. I wasn't as enchanted with Sims3, although I did play it daily. And I bought all but one EP and only two SPs. I was having problems running this game, and worried that too many SPs would cause further problems. However, I knew that new interactions (and in Sims3, new traits) would come with EPs, and I was ever-hopeful the interactions I missed would be returned. I was wrong. They never did make it back into the game. Heavy sigh. Now, I did love some of the new twists EA put into some of the older interactions from Sims2. Take reading to the child, as a for instance. The person doing the reading no longer required a space on the floor next to the bed in order to read, but could sit on the bed, instead. That was a welcomed improvement. As with how a toddler could be read to, as well. Either in their crib, or seated next to the storyteller and able to turn pages. :)

Not being able to bathe either the babies or the toddlers was a real drag. Yes, I bought the special Nursery Rhyme Set from the Store, but it's not as good as it was in Sims2. Plus, the babies were next to useless. Forget that horrible bundling called a blanket, causing many of us to refer to the infant as Burrito Baby. There simply wasn't enough to do with the thing. While many complained that the Sims would mindlessly put baby on the floor, instead of giving us a swing or baby carrier to place baby into, they took all of that away in Sims3. I was never one to leave baby in the crib for most of it's infancy, except to play with it, feed it and change a diaper.It's far worse, now, in Sims4. I also miss how the baby could spit up on a Sim when played with too soon after a feeding. So much of what we had was gutted in Sims3. I enjoyed having a singer Sim in my game with ShowTime, and that held me captivated for quite some time. However, I did have a love/hate relationship with this game, mostly based on how the Sims weren't.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/