Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Builds, *Closed*

Comments

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    follyfoot wrote:
    :lol: Oh! dear sorry Barnacle Bill :D I think it would work nicely Greencats. I have to say that all your builds are gorgeous and I am loving seeing them and your families for them. :D Hugs Folly

Thank you :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Safe Haven

I built this home for an elderly couple who run a rescue center for stray animals in Barnacle Bay. There is only one stable, but plenty of food bowls and toys for dogs and cats. As usual, I've used quite a bit of store content, but the only things you definitely need because you won't be able to replace them are the castle pieces.

No CC, no CAP - checked in Custard.

Lot Size: 40x40

The house is comprised of its main building and a carriage house, both with gambrel roofs, dormers, and small balconies.
    SHFront.png

The back patio is used for bike storage and al fresco dining.
    SHPatio.png

Rear view of the carriage house, also showing the small harvestable garden. Lock the gate to pets if you have a horse or it will eat everything! Inside the wooden walkway you'll find two food bowls that strays will be able to access even if you don't invite them in, and also a chest containing perfect quality jams & preserves, perfect carrots to feed horses, and a couple of riding trophies. The white double door you can see in the main house leads into the kitchen.
    SHBack.png

The kitchen is small and galley-style but still has two fridges, a fireproof oven, a canning station, and ample counter space. The jams that are on display here are accessible to sims without you having to drag them anywhere.
    SHKitchen.png
    SHKitchen2.png

The dining room has a piano and fireproof fireplace.
    SHDining.png

In the living room, you'll find another piano. I have not placed a stereo here, or anywhere else in the house, because I like to be able to hear the music from the piano. The room is divided into two seating areas, one with a TV and each with their own fireplace.
    SHLiving.png
    SHLiving2.png
    SHLiving3.png

The living room doors open out onto a small patio, which makes a nice spot for afternoon tea.
    SHPorch.png

The master bedroom is upstairs. It is very feminine, and full of sim-made art (you can buy the real life versions of these for your home at ethanallen.com). An archway leads through to a small sitting room with a private balcony.
    SHMaster.png
    SHMaster2.png

Sink in the en suite master bathroom. This room has a shower instead of a bath, because one of my sims is eco-friendly, but there is another bathroom with a bath for bathing dogs and cats. All plumbing here and throughout the house is unbreakable, and the toilets are also self-cleaning.
    SHBath.png

The nursery features a crib, double bed, and two toy chests. There is room for toddlers to play with the toys and to learn to walk and talk. Connected to it a room for changing diapers and potty training, which can also be accessed from the main hallway or directly from the parents' sitting room.
    SHNursery.png

The upstairs hallway features a small sitting area with balcony access.
    SHSunset.png

Finally, over in the carriage house loft, you'll find a small library and study, which could be converted into a third bedroom if necessary.
    SHStudy.png

Layout of ground floor, showing living room, dining room, kitchen, and stable.
    SHPlan1.png

Layout of the first floor, showing nursery, child/pet/family bathroom, separate WC, master suite, and study.
    SHPlan2.png

Layout of the grounds.
    SHPlan3.png
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stunning home GC! :D I love the architecture and that roof is just droolworthy! Your interiors are as usual is very gorgeous! Lovely pattern choice and colours! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Stunning home GC! :D I love the architecture and that roof is just droolworthy! Your interiors are as usual is very gorgeous! Lovely pattern choice and colours! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your kind words :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2014
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded your WIP home. Safe Haven is a very nice home! :) Very nice pictures that you have taken of it to present it here on your showcase thread and great descriptions to accompany the home and photos. Very nice exterior of it, and each room is very nicely furnished. Very nice colour shades that you have used in the rooms. It is a great home :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, Rose! :D
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited July 2014
    GC I adore Safe Haven, I have thoroughly enjoyed following along with your progress pics and can't wait to see the real thing in game DRF :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beautiful homes! I especially love the Cape Cod Starter! Keep building! :thumbup:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi GC :D
    Safe haven is a glorious build so beautifully decorated, The soft colour palette is elegant with a seaside feel. Rec'd and favoured :lol: I think this whole town is in my favorites xox Folly
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you very much, both :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Safe Haven is a gorgeous house GC, and I love the idea behind it (perfect name as well for a pet rescue center)! :thumbup: And the interiors look so gorgeous! Classic design, fantastic colour scheme and smart MOOing work, absolutely perfect! Rec'd and fav'd! 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Corwim wrote:
    Safe Haven is a gorgeous house GC, and I love the idea behind it (perfect name as well for a pet rescue center)! :thumbup: And the interiors look so gorgeous! Classic design, fantastic colour scheme and smart MOOing work, absolutely perfect! Rec'd and fav'd! 8)

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Seaview Training Grounds (Equestrian Center)

This equestrian training center was built for the large clifftop lot at 438 Tidal Terrace in Barnacle Bay. It features racing and intermediate/advanced jumping courses, a separate practice jump for novices, three indoor stables, a romantic hay loft, a riding gear & gift shop, and a cafe.

No CC, no CAP - checked in Custard.

Lot Size: 60x60

There are a few things to note about this lot:

- Unfortunately the clothes on the mannequins in the shop will not transfer, as placing a new copy of the the lot from your library will always reset them. If you want them to fit in, you'll have to assign them new outfits yourself. This is always true of the ITF clothing podiums, and it seems there is no way around it. To make things a bit easier for you, I have uploaded some horse riding wear.

- Very occasionally horses running the course may go crazy and start running through the fences. Cancelling the action and then directing them to start again fixes the issue. I play-tested for many days and only had this happen once, but I thought I should mention it.

- I experienced no other routing issues while play-testing, but please bear in mind horses in the game can be weird and glitchy in general. (The other day I was on a totally empty 50x50 but somehow kept getting routing failure when my sim tried to brush his horse. )

STGSide.png
    STGAngle.png
    STGFront.png

Car park
    STGParking.png

Stables
    STGStables.png

Hayloft
    STGHay.png

Shop
    STGShop1.png
    STGShop2.png

Cafe
    STGCafe1.png
    STGCafe3.png
    STGCafe2.png
    STGCafe4.png

Overviews
    STGPlan1.png
    STGPlan2.png
    STGPlan3.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    very nice

to bad about the maniquines...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    very nice

Thanks.

Yeah, it is disappointing. I first discovered the problem when I downloaded a tropical clothes store, only to find it filled with futuristic clothing that didn't match the theme at all! It seems it's just another design flaw with the ITF stuff that can't be remedied.

There are some other clothes stores that I really want to download but I haven't because I can't be bothered designing new outfits for all the manikins. The shop in my equestrian training center only has five mannequins, so hopefully it is not too much hassle for people.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Seaview Training Grounds is a very nice build! :) It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy riding their horses. Great layout of the build! The exterior of the building looks very nice! It looks great how you have set up the courses, It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants landscaping. Very nice gift shop area! I am sorry that clothing on the mannequins doesn't transfer, but they look great in the pictures! Very nice cafe! Sims will enjoy sitting there either outdoors or inside having a drink or something to eat from the barista bar. Very nice patterning of the walls, and the type of seats you have used looks nice. The flowers on the tables are nice for sims to see when eating and drinking there.
    It is a great bulld! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you very much :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    very nice

Thanks.

Yeah, it is disappointing. I first discovered the problem when I downloaded a tropical clothes store, only to find it filled with futuristic clothing that didn't match the theme at all! It seems it's just another design flaw with the ITF stuff that can't be remedied.

There are some other clothes stores that I really want to download but I haven't because I can't be bothered designing new outfits for all the manikins. The shop in my equestrian training center only has five manikins, so hopefully it is not too much hassle for people.

hmm if people then uploade the cast clothes they put on the maniquins that would be a help.... but yea more than 5 and it be a hazzel...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ohhh it is finished!!! Looks really good GC!! :lol:

Recd ofc!! Loved the inside of cafe and the colours you used in stables :))

Didn't know that ITF has maninquens(i might write it wrongly :oops: )

It looks really fashioned!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    You did a wondeful job on the horse training grounds, GC! I really like that little store! It is too bad that those mannequins don't keep their clothes when you upload them. That is such a bummer! There were only a few things I liked about ITF and that is one of them... now I am a little on the fence about getting it.

Rec'd and Favorited! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks so much guys!

Should I upload some riding outfits to make it easier for people to dress the mannequins?
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would, especially if they love your look, they can go back in and dress them in what you had them in originally! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yea I would love it

I be much more incline to downloade a lot with maniquíns if I could also downloade the outfits...

hmmm just got an idea...