Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this mean sims 4 is coming out in 2014?

Comments

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2012
    oh gish, I don't know if I'll be jumping on the TS4 bandwagon right away because I'll need a new gaming PC which will set me back $2000 - then there's the TS4 store :shock:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2012
    oh gish, I don't know if I'll be jumping on the TS4 bandwagon right away because I'll need a new gaming PC which will set me back $2000 - then there's the TS4 store :shock:

I agree, if it continues with a Store or F2P type game as one EA top guy stated is their goal eventually for many of their games...I won't be either. I can just see it...F2P, buy your disc (Like WOW) install, but need to be online, and if your Sim needs a house you will have to buy the wood etc. on the F2P site. One wall (tile square size) used to cost $70.00, not sure what it costs in TS3 don't pay attention anymore... :roll: But I can just see that now..I need a 6x6 room and have to fork out .70 per wall online to get a 2x2 room. :roll:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2012
    Cinebar wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Cinebar i do disagree a little i think they rumored 10 expansions are there, i think what will happen is they will draw out sims 3 a little more seeing how the sales for the Store online are jut now picking up and probably because they're putting content in there that people want. So 2 more ep's I do believe will occur along with 2 more stuff packs and more content. While this occurs we'll here sims 4 anounced probably for the year 2014 and if all goes well release will be 6 months after the last ep and not a year like sims 3 when there was a delay because something was wrong with the game.

I can see why a lot of people are almost positively convinced there will be 10 EPs..that was how it was for TS2, too.

Modders found in the base game tags/markers or what ever they are called room to add 10 EPs..however, the last Stuff Pack 'Mansion and Garden actually fell into one of those slots and was programmed as an EP and not an SP. It is technically known as EP 9 and not the a Stuff Pack.

I still say there is no way EA would let 6 months between the last two EPs (if they are planned) go by...a full year with only two EPs when they have been rushing EPs to be released no longer than 4 months apart...that just seems like a waste of time since they have churned out the last several EPs since Generations (and those that will be released SN,and a Seasons' EP) in a rush. Where as it took 7 months for some earlier EPs.

And if you look at how they did things in the past, 3.5 years is the point of departure and announcement of the next in the Series.

They turn out a DD version, and one more EP,...maybe it won't work that way this time, but that is the way for the two previous versions of The Sims.

And if they hold to thier marketing patterns, 3.5 years would be right around Dec. this year.

TS3 was only delayed due to they wanted to spend millions in Ads and they did with billboards and other things like the Time Square AD...making it a success..not because the game was late in completing or in fine tuning. At least that is what is reported all over of why TS3 was delayed.

And it is my personal opinion that Sim City's new game engine will have a strong influence of what kind of game engine was used for TS4 and why I think TS4 will be out sooner if they have time to do some major adverstising.

I'm sorry to say this but EA did plenty of advertising of sims 3 before the game was scheduled to release which was that winter, it was clear there were complications with sims 3 from the beginning, you don't hold a release back for a game because of advertising that is absurd. You hold release back because of a major glitch that makes the game virtually unplayable at release. Given it was suppose to be released in February of that year to push it all the way to June, that is not for advertising like people say that is for a serious issue occuring. Not to mention their were already news articles stating the game was not ready for release and had to push the date back. Which at that time any Marketing is going to snag that opportunity and push advertising, marketing woudl be foolish not too.

EA didn't do it's serious marketing of the game till around April and it was May when the team was out of beta and ready for release. So im sorry to tell you this the hold on release was because of problems. EA announced the game in March of 2008, and released in june of 2009 thats more than a year inbetween and yes EA does put that time between the game and they surely will do it again if they need to. Sims 4 is not a game that you can just pump out in 3.5 years and I certainly won't be buying it if they do because in all honesty it will have twice as many issues as sims 3 when they rushed out the game knowing the complications it has. With advancement in developement becomes the need for more time on release. If sims 4 was coming out in 2013 that announcement would have been made by now to push a years worth of advertising and awareness. That's a sure sign we aren't seeing an announcement until 2013 and release in 2014 around summer. My opinin on the matter is wait an extra year, because if i get the same rabbithole infested game like sims 3, with the no baby feet larva, cpu memory hog, that clearly has borrowed most of it's coding from sims 2 and therefore created all this horrid glitches, the most broken engine i ever seen so we can't even have an open venue restaurant, half of a game, missing interactions, can't even travel to subhoods, pumped out like sims 3 they won't see a dime of my money.

I'm not going to wait a full 8 expansions for a restaurant, something we had in sims 1. However now it is not possible for sims 3 a game made over a decade later cannot put restaurants with waitresses and hostesses in the game..... EA should take advantage of sims 3 and it's 10 expansion rumor because there is clearly room for more. Add an aditional year to developement for sims 4 to ensure their game is indeed fun to play and the advertising on the game is at least true. Play with life, again how is that possible when my sims is in a rabbithole for 5 minutes and you're telling me what he is doing with text messages and moodlets. Doesn't that mean EA is playing with life i am just watching? Ii didn't pay 1000 dollars to watch my sims live i pay that kind of money to play with it. Let's hope they get the picture. My biggest thing is actually sit down and play your own game so you know it's fun. Rabbit Holes are not fun, ever.
  • Options
    racer4nfsracer4nfs Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Guys, it is entirely possible that there will only be eighth expansions for TS3.

The ten expansions and stuff packs were most likely a filler for the EA website and domain.

Think about it: TS1 had 7, TS2 had 8.

Also, why else would they rush everything to come out this year?

4 Stuff Packs (Master Suite, Katy Perry, Diesel, Seaside)
    and 3 expansions (showtime, supernatural, seasons)

Why would they do all that if 2 more eps & sps were coming out?

• Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2012
    You have a good point, racer4nfs.
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited July 2012
    qkinney wrote:
    Why doesn't anyone ask someone who works at EA?

Because they're not allowed to say anything.

I hope they take their time with TS4 and give us a quality product. Also, I wish they'd stop catering to children...it's rated T for Teen!...and stop trying to money-grab. Their faithful customers will spend their hard-earned dollars, don't you worry.

I agree as well the CAS for one is a disappointment
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited July 2012
    I still cant see the sims 4 coming for a long time yet.

Sims 3 still seems like it has a long way to go.

But who am I to know.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,322 Member
    edited March 2013
    March is ending, GDC 2013 is over, The Sims 4 isn't announced yet.

I think it won't be released during the first semester of 2014.

We'll see if others TS3 EP will be released in 2014.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    March is ending, GDC 2013 is over, The Sims 4 isn't announced yet.

I think it won't be released during the first semester of 2014.

We'll see if others TS3 EP will be released in 2014.

lmao why bump a old thread ?
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited March 2013
    E3 is in June. Wait for that :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,322 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    EA at E3 2013

E3 Press Conference
    LIVE at 1 PM PDT June 10th, 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    EA at E3 2013

E3 Press Conference
    LIVE at 1 PM PDT June 10th, 2013
    They also stated:

"...at the Los Angeles Convention Center and we’re very excited to unveil what we’ve been working on." :mrgreen:

Not sure about the rest of you, but to me - it screams The Sims 4 8)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    double post
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm thinking they'll announce sims 4, but 'what we've been working on' could be something for a console or a new app or social game like SimSocial... it might not be REAL sims. It could be 'Hey, look we've got this new multiplayer version of the sims!' or 'Hey, look... we've got a time travel expansion!'. It doesn't necessarily mean sims 4.

So, although it might be, it also might not. :? :lol:

edit: just to clarify my thought process: they've shut down SimSocial but they'll still want that 'hook' to attract the casual/social gamer. So I'm guessing they'll have something similar in the pipeline, but I doubt it's aimed at the hard-core sims fans, it's not us they're trying to reach.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm thinking they'll announce sims 4, but 'what we've been working on' could be something for a console or a new app or social game like SimSocial... it might not be REAL sims. It could be 'Hey, look we've got this new multiplayer version of the sims!' or 'Hey, look... we've got a time travel expansion!'. It doesn't necessarily mean sims 4.

edit: just to clarify my thought process: they've shut down SimSocial but they'll still want that 'hook' to attract the casual/social gamer. So I'm guessing they'll have something similar in the pipeline, but I doubt it's aimed at the hard-core sims fans, it's not us they're trying to reach.

It's E3, that's when all massive announcements are made. :D I'm 100% sure it's for The Sims 4, especially after recent team changes, hire listings, gurus being transferred on a new team etc. :) Facebook games don't get such publicity, nor anything similar to Facebook games.

Companies use E3 and Gamescon to promote their upcoming and recently released content. Nobody would waste their valuable time at E3 to promote something that won't bring them revenue or isn't that popular. :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm thinking that Sims 4 will also be announced at E3, the question is for when - big games are typically released either start of summer or during the Christmas shopping season - so June to November. I'm hoping they announce one last EP for Sims 3 as well and that the Sims 4 comes out November 2014 to allow time for that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

It's E3, that's when all massive announcements are made. :D I'm 100% sure it's for The Sims 4, especially after recent team changes, hire listings, gurus being transferred on a new team etc. :) Facebook games don't get such publicity, nor anything similar to Facebook games.

Companies use E3 and Gamescon to promote their upcoming and recently released content. Nobody would waste their valuable time at E3 to promote something that won't bring them revenue or isn't that popular. :)

Good reasoning.

I think it will be, I just have a thread of doubt.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    I watched the reply of 2012's conference, just to see how it worked, and they announced SimCity Social (just before the full SimCity), so they do announce Facebook games. :(

It's still very likely they'll announce The Sims 4 though. :mrgreen: I'm dying to know what the new major features are and what graphics we'll get. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    I watched the reply of 2012's conference, just to see how it worked, and they announced SimCity Social (just before the full SimCity), so they do announce Facebook games. :(

It's still very likely they'll announce The Sims 4 though. :mrgreen: I'm dying to know what the new major features are and what graphics we'll get. :D
    But.. they did announce "real" SimCity as well :mrgreen: So there's that :lol:

I actually have no idea what I'm doing. I'm really excited for June. I'll be enrolled in university by then, Island Paradise will come out, I'll have tons of free time and be able to play games again as I used to :D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

I actually have no idea what I'm doing. I'm really excited for June. I'll be enrolled in university by then, Island Paradise will come out, I'll have tons of free time and be able to play games again as I used to :D

That "thing" they released last month is not the real SimCity. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

That "thing" they released last month is not the real SimCity. :lol:
    Speak for yourself :P I'm enjoying it :) It's an amazing game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    It's E3, that's when all massive announcements are made.

Not necessarily, the PS4 was announced not two months ago on a separate live broadcast. Consoles are just about the biggest announcement you can get!
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2013
    No, it shouldn't. My successful petition here = The release date of The Sims 4 to be February of 2015. I think that EA is making fools of themselves if they release TS4 in 2014.
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    CoryMach wrote:
    No, it shouldn't. My successful petition here = The release date of The Sims 4 to be February of 2015. I think that EA is making fools of themselves if they release TS4 in 2014.
    Not necessarily. And 98 signatures is less than 1% of The Sims consumers. 2014 would be very logical.
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2013
    CoryMach wrote:
    Not necessarily. And 98 signatures is less than 1% of The Sims consumers. 2014 would be very logical.
    500 signatures is 100% because the gurus pay attention to petitions when the petitions go up to 500 signatures.