Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloody Mary?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited June 2012
    Bloody Mary (the monarch): is Mary I of England.

the Bloody Mary (folklore) has to do with an old historical ritual that 'showed" girls their future husband. Jenny beat me to it.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

the Bloody Mary (folklore) has to do with an old historical ritual that 'showed" girls their future husband. Jenny beat me to it.

I thought they were the same person. Mary Tudor certainly earned her nickname. What did the "other" Bloody Mary do to earn hers?
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    lisasc360 wrote:

That was really interesting! Thanks for posting it. :D
  • Options
    NIKKYNOKNIKKYNOK Posts: 269 New Member
    edited June 2012
    no i wouldnt like that :(

some kids told me to do it when i was a kid and i was scared stiff to sleep at night cause they said shed be in the corner of my room staring at me :( :roll:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited June 2012
    supposedly in some versions of the story, the mirror Mary husband or child was "offed"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,297 Member
    edited June 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    lisasc360 wrote:

That was really interesting! Thanks for posting it. :D

np. I posted a second link. Hope you enjoy... :)
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

That's different from I heard. I heard that bloody Mary was a crazy healer in the 14th century. She was accused of murder of a young women who was found next to her house. The towns people stormed to her cottage and stabbed her to death leaving her body completely mutilated. after that, mysterious deaths of animals and humans happened throughout the town and they assumed it was her. so now, saying her name in the mirror at midnight will summon her ghost.
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    Sorry for asking this, but what is Bloody Mary ? Anyone can spare some times to tell me a story about it ? :wink:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_%28folklore%29
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited June 2012
    This sounds cure. It could be as simple as clicking on the mirror then a ghost pops out at you sticking its tongue out at you it would be more funny/cute then scary.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    redrogue60 wrote:
    This sounds cure. It could be as simple as clicking on the mirror then a ghost pops out at you sticking its tongue out at you it would be more funny/cute then scary.

I guess.. But Sims needs something a little more scary too.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2012
    What are the "Evil Child" animations???

I'm curious about it now, too....
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    okester wrote:
    What are the "Evil Child" animations???

I'm curious about it now, too....

u can see it on the lucky palms live chat replay.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2012
    I see....

Thanks guys for sharing the information of this "bloody mary" with me :lol:.

I thought Americans did not have any kind of superstition :P.
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i used to be so terrified of Bloody Mary as a kid. haha! thinking back on it...it is still kinda creepy!
  • Options
    cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am really afraid of Bloody Mary, to the point where I wont be in a room with a mirror in the dark. I don't like the idea of Bloody Mary, It's the scariest thing in the world for me. To have it on the Sims 3 would be horrible for me. I would be crying if one of my sims looked in the mirror and saw Bloody Mary. I'm not joking.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I see....

:lol: sweetie are you incredibly mistaken!
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I see....

I'm in Canada and its more toned down but people in America seem to hop on the it's supernatural band wagon at the drop of a pin, they have so many urban legends and myths, it's rather amusing.
  • Options
    cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I see....

I'm in Canada and its more toned down but people in America seem to hop on the it's supernatural band wagon at the drop of a pin, they have so many urban legends and myths, it's rather amusing.

That was actually quite rude to say. That's kind of like me saying,"Canadians are so obsessed with maple syrup it's rather amusing." Try to think more before posting. You probably just offended a lot of people.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I see....

oh yes! I'm American and I can definitely tell you we have soooo many ghost hunter and urban legend tv shows it's just crazy!
  • Options
    Cheese173playerPCheese173playerP Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2012

That was actually quite rude to say. That's kind of like me saying,"Canadians are so obsessed with maple syrup it's rather amusing." Try to think more before posting. You probably just offended a lot of people.
    As offendable as us Americans are, people have said waaay worse things about us. XD That's nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

As offendable as us Americans are, people have said waaay worse things about us. XD That's nothing.

agreed! we have much worse things to worry about being accused of other than being superstitious. besides i don't really mind being superstitious. it adds a sort of mysterious fantasy to life :) makes things a little less boring!
  • Options
    DragonLadyXIIIDragonLadyXIII Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2012
    An animation like the computer prank, maybe? A shot of something like a vampire or werewolf Bella Goth that gives your sim a scared moodlet?
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    I didn't mean to offend but it is true, it seems like aliens only ever visit the U.S. and with all the movies like Paranormal Activity with people getting scared I am right. I'm not saying it in a bad way but I find it amusing the stories, not how they have urban legends, I find the stories fun, or like I said amusing, not as in "Haha! They believe in this, that's funny!" I meant as in I enjoy reading them, including the silly ones