Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloody Mary?

Comments

• Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    "plamsa mary" instead

Wait... how about...

PLASMA BELLA

And how about the Grim Reaper game, it's the Sims version of the Midnight Man game (look it up)?
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:
    Well the Sims is an international game and I think that Bloody Mary is an American/European legend.

Not to mention the fact that Bloody Mary made me scared of bathrooms for the majority of my childhood :cry:

Your avi looks sort of like bloody mary hahaha :mrgreen:
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:
    Well the Sims is an international game and I think that Bloody Mary is an American/European legend.

Not to mention the fact that Bloody Mary made me scared of bathrooms for the majority of my childhood :cry:

The entire concept of this EP is based off of European and American Folklore. :roll:
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2012
    to be honest, this looks freaking awesome!! :D I would so love this in my game. This is a rated teen not everyone game for a reason. :D as long as it isn't too gruesome, I would love this. Maybe they don't even show it. Maybe they have room become completely pitchblack and when the lights come back on, your sim is either maulled, or dead. that'd be epic. :XD:
  • Options
    rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually really like this idea. If not in Supernatural than perhaps in a future expansion/The Sims 4.

An earlier poster expanded a little on the idea with the bladder bar going red and the scared moodlet. What I think would be fun is if some Sims "chicken out" while trying to do it, maybe only say the name twice and then get too scared to continue. They could get the embarrassed moodlet for not going through with it! :lol:
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2012
    rainwife wrote:
    I actually really like this idea. If not in Supernatural than perhaps in a future expansion/The Sims 4.

An earlier poster expanded a little on the idea with the bladder bar going red and the scared moodlet. What I think would be fun is if some Sims "chicken out" while trying to do it, maybe only say the name twice and then get too scared to continue. They could get the embarrassed moodlet for not going through with it! :lol:

That sounds like a good idea. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,297 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

Lol ya. It's still sorta scary. But this should make it into Sims 3. I know that to have ratings stay the same, the creature in the mirror can't be all bloody either. I was thinking a witch from Supernatural. If it doesn't get in Supernatural, which I'm really sure it won't get into, this idea can work in Seasons. If Seasons has holidays/festivals, during Halloween, maybe Sims do this. But I also doubt it'll make it into Seasons since Seasons is released on November 16.
    How'd you get this information on seasons?

It was also on snooty sims too. Go and check it out... :-)
  • Options
    bmealaynabmealayna Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

yea I remember bloody mary, bring back childhood memories, it made me scare to go into a dark bathroom at night as well. I don't even like going to the bathroom after watching a scary movie.
    I was scared of bloody mary too (but not enough not to go to the bathroom, if I gotta pee NOBODY is getting in my way), but there are some many versions, I don't even remember the full story about her.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think a different version of Bloody Mary, maybe Bloody Bella? You call her name three times with the lights out in the entire house... Than she appears after the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, when she appears she is ranting and raving and insane, she chases your sim around screaming! You can't turn on the lights in the house and the doors to get out are locked... The only way of getting rid of her is to wait threw 3 hours of fear, your sim can hide, or they can try to talk to her... Coax her back into the mirror, etc.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think a different version of Bloody Mary, maybe Bloody Bella? You call her name three times with the lights out in the entire house... Than she appears after the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, when she appears she is ranting and raving and insane, she chases your sim around screaming! You can't turn on the lights in the house and the doors to get out are locked... The only way of getting rid of her is to wait threw 3 hours of fear, your sim can hide, or they can try to talk to her... Coax her back into the mirror, etc.

Lol hb Plasma Bella. I think someone else said that too but I'm not sure..

But ya, not everything in Sims should be all happy and stuff, this would make the game have a darker and funnier side. Sims Supernatural is going in that direction so I thought it would go great in that pack but it's too late anyways now lol. Maybe if your Sim had the coward trait, they won't even attempt doing this. Sims with the brave and daredevil trait always do it. Sims with the evil trait will actually start making conversation with Plasma Bella. And over-emotional/dramatic Sims always end up crying or over acting what happened.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2012
    No thanks. My husband when he was little went home for lunch and decided to chant bloody mary. He did (although he wasn't in front of a mirror) and he said after chanting that he heard a door opening and moaning. Nobody was home or expected home so he knew it couldn't be his family. He got so scared he ran out of the house like a scared jack rabbit. He never did that again let me tell you.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Colorist40 wrote:
    No thanks. My husband when he was little went home for lunch and decided to chant bloody mary. He did (although he wasn't in front of a mirror) and he said after chanting that he heard a door opening and moaning. Nobody was home or expected home so he knew it couldn't be his family. He got so scared he ran out of the house like a scared jack rabbit. He never did that again let me tell you.

My friends literally did bloody mary in a restaurant bathroom last year. I don't remember the full story... but the lights flickered a lot afterwards and I think something else happened and they ran away screaming.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I feel like she should only be there for ten minutes in the bathroom with the lights flickering. I mean... it's Sims.

But the Grim Reaper Game (midnight man game... please look it up it's so scary) would be more like what you said.

Your sim would have to right down the names of the players and place it by the front door. Then the Grim Reaper comes at midnight and turns off all the lights! The sim would have to hold a candler until 3:33 AM while the Grim Reaper stalks the sim, and if the sim drops the candle the screen will make a show of colors (but not the prettier ones)!
  • Options
    RedGarnetRedGarnet Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2012
    I remember that whenever I was eleven, in the senoir girls toilets there was a rumour that bloody mary was there. Probably because the pipes used to make the weirdest noises, like groans and we used to hear random banging on the cubicles. But, I think that's a great idea.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh I sure hope it never makes it into the game. I can barely stand to be in a bathroom with the lights off. Like it really really freaks me out because of my own childhood trauma with BM. I don't need more things to scare the life out of me. I mean I am just recently able to take a shower when nobody else is home. I don't need stuff that is too spooky or scary in my game. That stuff takes me years to get over. I am easily traumatized, the evil child animations from the new wishing well is about all I can handle. And I'm a full grown woman :oops:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh I sure hope it never makes it into the game. I can barely stand to be in a bathroom with the lights off. Like it really really freaks me out because of my own childhood trauma with BM. I don't need more things to scare the life out of me. I mean I am just recently able to take a shower when nobody else is home. I don't need stuff that is too spooky or scary in my game. That stuff takes me years to get over. I am easily traumatized, the evil child animations from the new wishing well is about all I can handle. And I'm a full grown woman :oops:

The evil child thing was just about the most scary thing I have ever seen in a sims game.

Imagine how much scarier that would've been at night?
  • Options
    Cheese173playerPCheese173playerP Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2012
    clubers wrote:

The evil child thing was just about the most scary thing I have ever seen in a sims game.

Imagine how much scarier that would've been at night?
    What are the "Evil Child" animations???
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2012
    Sorry for asking this, but what is Bloody Mary ? Anyone can spare some times to tell me a story about it ? :wink:.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Lol well maybe it can be something new in the store so people who don't want it don't have to buy it. If it were in an ep than people that didn't want it would be all mad and stuff. That's the good thing about premium content now, if you don't want it, your not missing out on other stuff if you don't get it.

I think The Sims needs more scary stuff. That evil child animation looks really cool, so now I NEED Lucky Palms lol. Plus it reminds me of Arizona when I used to live there. I miss it so I'm so getting it.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    Sorry for asking this, but what is Bloody Mary ? Anyone can spare some times to tell me a story about it ? :wink:.

It's an urban legend. You say bloody mary 3 times in front of a mirror, usually the bathroom one, with the lights off. Something scary is supposed to happen afterwards.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    Meh. I've tried chanting that more than once. Nothing happens. (Edit: not to say it's a bad idea for Supernatural, OP!)

Poor Mary Tudor, still maligned after all these years, just because of her debilitating penchant for burning people at the stake with whom she disagreed regarding religion. :P
  • Options
    JennyPie45JennyPie45 Posts: 942
    edited June 2012
    Susiechan,

Its a legend here in America. Something to do with a queen Mary? Anyway pre-teen girls dare eachother to go into a dark bathroom and look at themselves in a mirror chanting 'Bloody Mary' three times. She is supposed to appear in the mirror and murder you. (I was always too chicken to do it) :lol:

I think it would be neat to have like a 'scary computer' animation with her face.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited June 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    Meh. I've tried changing that more than once. Nothing happens.

Poor Mary Tudor, still maligned after all these years, just because of her debilitating penchant for burning people at the stake with whom she disagreed regarding religion. :P

I believe this "plama mary" is a different mary then the monarch nickednamed that.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JennyPie45JennyPie45 Posts: 942
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:
    Meh. I've tried changing that more than once. Nothing happens.

I believe this "plama mary" is a different mary then the monarch nickednamed that.

Found it!

Historically, the ritual encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backwards while holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face.[1] There was, however, a chance that they would see a skull (or the face of the Grim Reaper) instead, indicating that they were destined to die before they married.[1][2]

In the present day, the summoning ritual requires that the lead participant must not look directly for Bloody Mary, but at their own image in the mirror. Variations of the incantation ritual involves: the number of times Bloody Mary's name is called; spinning (or not) after every repetition of the name; and the adding of the phrase "I've got your baby."[citation needed] The modern ritual addition of taunting Bloody Mary regarding her baby indicates the legendary figure's tenuous connection to Queen Mary I, also known as "Bloody Mary", whose life was marked by a number of miscarriages or false pregnancies.[3]

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

Actually, Plasma Mary sounds kind of fun. :P