Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloody Mary?

I came up with a great idea. Wouldn't it be cool if Sims were able to do the bloody mary trick? If you don't know what it is, it's when you say bloody mary 3 times in front of a mirror at night with the lights off, usually in the bathroom. After you say it, a scary creauture is supposed to appear and something bad happens. I think this would be cool to add in Sims 3, specifically Supernatural. I know it's probably too late to add the to Supernatural, but maybe a future expansion pack? Maybe after you do this, your Sim dies? This shouldn't raise the ratings btw, I don't see how and why it would..

Comments

• Options
    maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2012
    While that sounds neat, it also sounds terrifying :(

There might be really superstitious people who don't want to mix urban legends in their game. I'd be scared to go to the bathroom at night if Bloody Mary was in my game! hahaha
  • Options
    Emiy_Says_HiEmiy_Says_Hi Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2012
    That wouldn't be a bad idea actually. As long as the creature wasn't too scary (and by that I mean no blood gushing out eyes)it could work.

I can just imagine the animations and moodlets! Perhaps kids and teens could do it at sleepovers - maybe as part of a new Truth or Dare game!

If it isn't in Supernatural though, I doubt it will ever make it into Sims 3, seeming how we only have a couple of expansions left :(

It would be a wonderful addition though.
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well the Sims is an international game and I think that Bloody Mary is an American/European legend.

Not to mention the fact that Bloody Mary made me scared of bathrooms for the majority of my childhood :cry:
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:
    Well the Sims is an international game and I think that Bloody Mary is an American/European legend.

Not to mention the fact that Bloody Mary made me scared of bathrooms for the majority of my childhood :cry:
    yea I remember bloody mary, bring back childhood memories, it made me scare to go into a dark bathroom at night as well. I don't even like going to the bathroom after watching a scary movie.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

Lol ya. It's still sorta scary. But this should make it into Sims 3. I know that to have ratings stay the same, the creature in the mirror can't be all bloody either. I was thinking a witch from Supernatural. If it doesn't get in Supernatural, which I'm really sure it won't get into, this idea can work in Seasons. If Seasons has holidays/festivals, during Halloween, maybe Sims do this. But I also doubt it'll make it into Seasons since Seasons is released on November 16.
  • Options
    maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

Lol ya. It's still sorta scary. But this should make it into Sims 3. I know that to have ratings stay the same, the creature in the mirror can't be all bloody either. I was thinking a witch from Supernatural. If it doesn't get in Supernatural, which I'm really sure it won't get into, this idea can work in Seasons. If Seasons has holidays/festivals, during Halloween, maybe Sims do this. But I also doubt it'll make it into Seasons since Seasons is released on November 16.

I think I know what you mean. Like a creature based off the legend that only exist in the sims games.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

I think I know what you mean. Like a creature based off the legend that only exist in the sims games.

Ya sorta like that lol
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

Must be an American thing, all I associate it with is the beverage and the monarch.
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    I could go for some bloody mary right now :lol:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't even tell you an accurate number of how many times I've played this game in my lifetime :lol:
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2012
    'Bloody' Mary sounds a bit too mature for The Sims 3. Vamps don't drink 'blood', they call it plasma. Maybe 'Plasma Harriet" xD A little difficult to say for us who speak human languages, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a tounge-twister in Simlish xD .... Your sims go into a room alone, say it in a mirror, the lights go out and a ghost sim (possibly one similar to the 'death by thirst' ghost) comes out of the wall, and your sim's bladder bar turns red and they get the 'Scared' moodlet for 3 days xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    ladynirrtiladynirrti Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    okester wrote:
    'Bloody' Mary sounds a bit too mature for The Sims 3. Vamps don't drink 'blood', they call it plasma. Maybe 'Plasma Harriet" xD A little difficult to say for us who speak human languages, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a tounge-twister in Simlish xD .... Your sims go into a room alone, say it in a mirror, the lights go out and a ghost sim (possibly one similar to the 'death by thirst' ghost) comes out of the wall, and your sim's bladder bar turns red and they get the 'Scared' moodlet for 3 days xD

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

:D
  • Options
    rendermelaterrendermelater Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Where I am from they do not say bloody Mary. They say Bell Witch three times in front of the mirror. It is way too scarry to do for real...I have heard. But it would be fun in the game.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2012
    I remember doing that a lot when I was young. Nothing ever happened. I still just saw my reflection staring back at me.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    remember this as a kid.. still find it creepy looking in the mirror at night with only a really small light on.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited June 2012
    "plamsa mary" instead
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    "plamsa mary" instead

that made me LOL ..

PLAMSA MARY! PLAMSA MARY! PLAMSA MARY!
  • Options
    Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2012
    Maybe after you do this, your Sim dies?

LOL. Whenever you're getting tired of your sim, just click on the mirror, make 'em say the simlish version of bloody mary three times and that's that. Bye bye sim! :lol: So...what's next then? Sim suicide?

• Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    Yeah me too!!! :wink::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    "plamsa mary" instead

that made me LOL ..

Omg lol ya Sims would do that.. And with someone else above me, lol ya this can be a fun and easy way to kill Sims. Maybe they'll only die if their needs are low though. This would be a fun interaction to watch Sims do.
  • Options
    simsplayer140simsplayer140 Posts: 72
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

How'd you get this information on seasons?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    yz2907 wrote:

How'd you get this information on seasons?

Sims VIP.. It was listed on Amazon France and a bunch of other game websites. This has got to be true too b/c pretty much every other expansion pack that was leaked came true. Lol and it's sorta weird that 2 expansions are being released in back to back months, but I guess it's nothing new b/c of Sweet Treats and Diesal.
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    "plamsa mary" instead

that made me LOL ..

Boo!
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wouldn't it be fun if Sims could play the Midnight Man game (a game designed to drive you insane... LOOK IT UP!) except instead of the Midnight Man coming the Grim Reaper can come and stalk until 3:33?