Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Candyfornia

Comments

• Options
    steff0128steff0128 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited April 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    My suggestion would be to wait for the release so that you can test, even if not add, the things coming with the SP, so you know you have your colors right and such. It would be upsetting to release now and find out that the colors did not work well together.

Also, worlds can have a lot if bumps in the roads, so to speak, so you probably could use the time for testing your roads and sidewalks and pathing, your empty lots for any glitches with putting houses or community lots in and such. You do want some at least empty default ones so people have lots to use when first starting the world and being asked to place special lots from other EPs. If empty commercial lots are not there people have to skip that and then remember which lots to place later.

It can be very frustration to get a world that there is not enough 'straight' pathing for placing lots, broken pathing so sims cannot walk or drive to where they need to go and so on. Also need to test for areas where sims - NPC's specifically - could get stuck like dead ends. Testing and quality control often takes twice as long as building does. Some of the best worlds I have used had little building done but a lot of testing and the greatest looking ones have had glitches because testing was not thorough enough. I know several great world builders that have had to make several versions of their worlds to get all the glitches out so its obvious to be easy to have problems no matter how experienced you are.
    wow!! i will do a few testers on my world again to make sure that i have everything right :D thanks again for the heads up this time!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    no one else D':
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

I can look at your CAW files of the world. Check out your routing, roads, paints or what nots. If you want. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi,

I can look at your CAW files of the world. Check out your routing, roads, paints or what nots. If you want. :)
    sure but how :S :mrgreen: i'm new to all this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi,

sure but how :S :mrgreen: i'm new to all this :mrgreen:

You would have to package (compress) your latest _Bkp folder (it's dated and timed so you know which one is the newest save in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Create a World Tool Beta/UserToolData/Worlds) with winrar or 7zip and upload it to a 3rd party hosting site- such as Mediafire (doesn't require membership to downloaders) and then link me. I can then download it and check it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay- I got it. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Okay- I got it. :)
    :D kk thank you for your help! <3:lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi, :D

Well, there's a few of things you need to fix before testing.

1. Roads pieces must be connected to intersections- not intersections on top of road sections.

2. Lots can not be over roads. It will mess up the routing and the world.

3. If you turn on the Grid- on the Control Panel- you can line up the roads as you place them to keep them straight.
    - Placing the roads straight with the grid lets you place the lots straight- along the lines and road.

4. Routing paint-
    A. You don't need Camera Non Routable paint on a small map. It's too small to try and keep the camera out because it can move outside the island, in the water. This can trap the camera and mess up a player trying to get back.

B. If you use the Sim Non Routable paint along the mountains, you must cover the whole mountain past where they can not go. Leaving this whole will cause routing problems for Sims/pets/animals. They will want to go there- even if there isn't a reason to go there.

C. Sim Non Routable paint is to keep Sims from going places- like the sides of mountains where it would look funny. :)

5. You didn't finish the edges of the world. People will be able to see along the sides. It's a small map, the camera can go all around it.

6. I really don't think it's good to have the mood setting at 100. I know I did this with my first world. But it's just not good when they leave the lot and see the Sim really isn't in such a good mood.

7. You haven't added any spawners yet- to test the world you should have them. Making sure they're reachable and not too many.

8. Lot sizes. Well, you can make them any odd size but since you plan to share, I think it best to stick to the standard sizes, even if EA doesn't -

20x20
    20x30
    25x25
    30x30
    30x40
    40x40
    50x50
    60x60
    64x64
    And any combination of those. :)
    Not best to use 17x31 or 24x32 and such. But this might not be a big deal.

9. It's really not good to place Career buildings on lots with the moveobjects code if most of the building is hanging off the lot. While you're at the building stage you can make the lot larger. :)

*10. You need addresses (in Property Browser) and lot names (in EIG).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, I can't always help it. I touched up your world if you want it.

The lots still need addresses- in the Property browser box. This has only Base game items and spawners.

If you want it I'll upload it to Mediafire and you can re-add your lots. (Because I don't have all the packs installed right now ) :?

* :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Well, I can't always help it. I touched up your world if you want it.

The lots still need addresses- in the Property browser box. This has only Base game items and spawners.

If you want it I'll upload it to Mediafire and you can re-add your lots. (Because I don't have all the packs installed right now ) :?

* :mrgreen:
    wow thanks :D i really couldnt do those stuff now cause i have skool so thanks :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay. :)

Make sure to give Names to the lots you place in EIG so it shows up on the neighborhood tags. :)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Okay. :)

Make sure to give Names to the lots you place in EIG so it shows up on the neighborhood tags. :)

ok thank you!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rflong7:

omg i now wnt in the world and you are like THEE!!! 100% coolest it looks totally awesomeee!!! u like redid the whole thing my jaw dropped litterly!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: XD and i think i will leave it green in the middle its sooo swesome!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The lots still need addresses- in the Property browser box.

do u really need to put addresses? and like what should i put?
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2012
    steff0128 wrote:

Some people (like me) are bugged by a lack of addresses.if you do decide to add addresses, you should pick names for your streets, probably candy-themed to fit. Candy cane lane, Sundae Boulevard (which is a reference to the Candyfornia video, so it's fitting), things like that. Then add numbers in front of each street name in the address box to get your address. It's a small world, so maybe stick to double digit numbers. And if you want it to be really accurate, label one side of the road with odd numbers and the other side with evens.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    steff0128 wrote:

Some people (like me) are bugged by a lack of addresses.if you do decide to add addresses, you should pick names for your streets, probably candy-themed to fit. Candy cane lane, Sundae Boulevard (which is a reference to the Candyfornia video, so it's fitting), things like that. Then add numbers in front of each street name in the address box to get your address. It's a small world, so maybe stick to double digit numbers. And if you want it to be really accurate, label one side of the road with odd numbers and the other side with evens.
    thank you :)
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    steff0128 wrote:

thank you :)

No problem. :) Good luck with your world - I haven't had the patience to figure out CAW yet.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    Rflong7:

omg i now wnt in the world and you are like THEE!!! 100% coolest it looks totally awesomeee!!! u like redid the whole thing my jaw dropped litterly!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: XD and i think i will leave it green in the middle its sooo swesome!!! :mrgreen:
    How about showing us some pics of what it looks like now?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ~Yes, you should put in Addresses. Give each street a name and then put a number in front for each lot. There aren't many Streets. :)

~And each lot needs a name- like Cotton Candy Park. So when it shows in the the paper as having a show there or a cookout, it won't show as a blank name.

These things are important.
    *And don't put in a 100 beautiful mood for a lot. Stick to 30 at the most. :)

~Sure, it's still pinks and it's still his map. :)

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

I left some pink in the large lots just in case someone wants it to be used. The pink can be covered up but not place. I don't know how to make terrain paint for in game use. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sure, it's still pinks and it's still his map. rflong 7 ur amazing its my map but what u did is just crazy cool XD i think u did more than me :P
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2012
    Great job Rflong7 & steff0128. Looks great :)
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I really like how it turned out with a bit more green with the pink snow capped mountains in the background. I think the mountains and waterfall so up so much better with the green contrast and the mountains and waterfall are really important eye catching parts of the world now looking much more spectacular. In my opinion the green grass sorta says 'this is s real world with a Candy Theme' which probably is more likely to be what people will use then just all pink which stamps it as just a fantasy. Not that it can't be a fantasy too, but this way it works both ways.

It also makes it a world that can be used for more then just candy. With a few building changes of lots and some decorations a person could take this world and easily make it into other things, like a Fairyland world or other fantasy themes. And that keeps your world useful look past just KPST or for people who never get KPST.

Some worlds I have tested for people early on, without addresses or names for commercial property, has big glitches especially for moving from one house to another and for trying to go to commercial lots when names were not there. I actually stopped testing for people that did not have addresses and street names and names for commercial properties because of these glitches and I knew the first return for updating would be for those reasons before we could test more things. The other thing that happens sometimes is that unnamed commercial lots will end up being referred to default names from the town they were originally in instead of just a blank and either one can make it hard for people to determine where to go.

As rflong said you want to create an ambiance for your world with street names and property names that go with your theme, like Candy Cane Lane, and Cotton Candy Blvd and so on.

The only thing I miss, is I believe in your original version the pink sand faded to white along the water and I thought that, too, was a nice contrast. But maybe I am thinking of one of the other candyland worlds I have seen in creative corner.
  • Options
    PatandRoxannePatandRoxanne Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited May 2012
    :oops: I feel very jealous about your world. it is even better than mine!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well ny laptops battery and charger id not working so guess what!!! i have to buy sa new one that costs about $1000.00 but when i do i will start back development all i has to do now is put in some adresses and make a few more houses and lots and DONE!!!! XD