Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Candyfornia

Comments

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    And possibly by the store as well. I have a feeling were going to see a Candyfornia World in the store sometimes around June or July.

So you're saying that they are gonna charge us twenty euro for a Stuff Pack, then put a world for twenty-five euro into the store? and ontop of that they are putting a five or six euro Ice Cream maker that would of gone great with this SP into the store too! :hunf:

Anyways nice world, it's so pink I think I died :lol: Anyways can't wait to see the finished project.
    Keep up the good work!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    steff0128steff0128 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Anyways nice world, it's so pink I think I died Anyways can't wait to see the finished project.
    Keep up the good work!
    aww thank yew!! <3:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    *update* WILL BE A SMALL WORLD!!!lets not 4 get its a stuff pack plus it's my first world ~ :D
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited April 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Are you sure this is your first world?! Because this doesn't look like a first world it looks like you've done more worlds! It's really loooooking Awesome! DON'T STOP! Are you going to put it on the exchange? If you do I will be downloading it! :mrgreen: Good luck! :thumbup: :mrgreen::D :P :wink:
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited April 2012
    Your world is coming along nicely! I truly wish I did not abhor the color pink. lol Personal pink abhorrence aside, quite awesome! It looks like those ST venues are going to be hard to fit in on that tiny island though. I do hope EA releases some alternate venue sizes. Are you going to round out the edges of the island?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry about the corruption and having to redo it. I hope things work out this time around.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Are you sure this is your first world?! Because this doesn't look like a first world it looks like you've done more worlds! It's really loooooking Awesome! DON'T STOP! Are you going to put it on the exchange? If you do I will be downloading it! Good luck!
    :0 thank you!!!!! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Your world is coming along nicely! I truly wish I did not abhor the color pink. lol Personal pink abhorrence aside, quite awesome! It looks like those ST venues are going to be hard to fit in on that tiny island though. I do hope EA releases some alternate venue sizes. Are you going to round out the edges of the island?
    no round edges :s
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited April 2012
    Looking forward to see how it is when completed! It is a lot of pink indeed, but I think it goes well with the theme.

Are you doing like custom buildings too with candy accents?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Looking forward to see how it is when completed! It is a lot of pink indeed, but I think it goes well with the theme.

Are you doing like custom buildings too with candy accents?
    yes i am there will be a candy cane house,a brownie home, a gingerbread home but some houses will have to wait until KPST! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    omg omg a wild idea appeared!! XD i will make 2 versions of this world a pink one with corresponding trees an stuff and a normal one with some pink trees and normal green trees what do yaa think?!! :D
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2012
    While not to my tastes I do have to say that you're doing a fantastic job so far, particularly since this is your first world. I've tried many a time to do something with CAW and I've never managed to get anywhere near where you are.

One thing; this could just be me but IMO I think the world would look a lot better if you could find some way to disguise those rabbit holes. This funnily enough is one of my actual main peeves about the SP itself - the fact that the content simply does not fit in with anything else.

There are a couple of cheats you can use to have fully functioning rabbit holes but with custom buildings. One involves a mod that uses rugs instead of actual buildings and the other simply involves putting the rabbit hole building in a basement, putting stairs down to it and then building your custom building on top.

Just thinking that it might help the world look more like Candyfornia although I have to admit, while I'm not getting the SP I could appreciate the awesomeness of a pancake skyscraper ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    While not to my tastes I do have to say that you're doing a fantastic job so far, particularly since this is your first world. I've tried many a time to do something with CAW and I've never managed to get anywhere near where you are.

One thing; this could just be me but IMO I think the world would look a lot better if you could find some way to disguise those rabbit holes. This funnily enough is one of my actual main peeves about the SP itself - the fact that the content simply does not fit in with anything else.

There are a couple of cheats you can use to have fully functioning rabbit holes but with custom buildings. One involves a mod that uses rugs instead of actual buildings and the other simply involves putting the rabbit hole building in a basement, putting stairs down to it and then building your custom building on top.

Just thinking that it might help the world look more like Candyfornia although I have to admit, while I'm not getting the SP I could appreciate the awesomeness of a pancake skyscraper ;)
    :0 really u can do that how plz link me it gonna be good XD! but
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    plus anyone know if u run edit in game will ur effects show i ran edit in game and the waterfall effects and beach effects didn't show up :evil: :evil: :evil: but when i go back to CAW it shows :!: :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    plus anyone know if u run edit in game will ur effects show i ran edit in game and the waterfall effects and beach effects didn't show up :evil: :evil: :evil: but when i go back to CAW it shows :!: :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'll have to have a look for you :). I've personally never tried putting the full EA rabbit holes into basements but I do put the Lunar Lakes portals in basements and it does seem to work. You can also cheat and have uber skyscrapers beyond the 6 floor limit but that involves using a couple of cheats.

You just need to make sure there's enough space for sims so they don't get routing problems.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    oops double post :S
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I'll have to have a look for you :). I've personally never tried putting the full EA rabbit holes into basements but I do put the Lunar Lakes portals in basements and it does seem to work. You can also cheat and have uber skyscrapers beyond the 6 floor limit but that involves using a couple of cheats.

You just need to make sure there's enough space for sims so they don't get routing problems.
    ooooo ok XD i hope it works all rabitholes will become candyfied that is if the simmers want it so :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Liam is out in force tonight :)

Sorry I can't be more help but it's getting a touch late and I could do with turning in. This place has a LOT of useful building tutorials

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279453.page

I'd also recommend looking up a user here named Rflong7. She has created a number of worlds and has ventured into the art of building lots to look like candy so you might be able to get some tips from her ^_^

Good luck!

Edit: It would make sense for them to offer candy versions of the rabbit holes although if EA DOES intend to attempt to replicate Candifornia themselves then they'll probably hold content like that back to sell to us when the world is ready otherwise nobody'll buy it because users like yourself can create something so much better for free.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:

Sorry I can't be more help but it's getting a touch late and I could do with turning in. This place has a LOT of useful building tutorials

I'd also recommend looking up a user here named Rflong7. She has created a number of worlds and has ventured into the art of building lots to look like candy so you might be able to get some tips from her ^_^

Good luck!
    :3 thanks <3 and i think Rflong7 made cake island :wink::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

Good luck!
    :3 thanks <3 and i think Rflong7 made cake island :wink::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

She did :)
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2012
    steff0128 wrote:
    I'm making a candyfornia a medium sized world cuz its a stuff pack :P

Don't you try and copy me!! But you can help make the buildings for Candyfornia. Thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/528025.page#8347157

Wow! Talk about rude and arrogant. Do you seriously think you are the first person to think of doing this world? And then trying to get people to go over to your world instead? Very, very rude.

TC, sorry to hear that it got corrupted. It was looking good :) . It's a shame that there aren't any rabbitholes in the game or in the upcoming SP that will fit in with the theme of the world. Have you considered downloading those rug things that turn a lot into a rabbithole? That way you could design the buildings to fit in with the general theme of the world.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Weealbet wrote:
    steff0128 wrote:
    I'm making a candyfornia a medium sized world cuz its a stuff pack :P

Don't you try and copy me!! But you can help make the buildings for Candyfornia. Thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/528025.page#8347157

Wow! Talk about rude and arrogant. Do you seriously think you are the first person to think of doing this world? And then trying to get people to go over to your world instead? Very, very rude.

TC, sorry to hear that it got corrupted. It was looking good :) . It's a shame that there aren't any rabbitholes in the game or in the upcoming SP that will fit in with the theme of the world. Have you considered downloading those rug things that turn a lot into a rabbithole? That way you could design the buildings to fit in with the general theme of the world.
    i dont really want to install mods or cc cuz i dont want the world to have cc
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    the beach! <3
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Do u guys think this is a good description? tell me what to add or subtract from it :3 i will be gr8tly apprichated !! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

*Candyfornia,a wonderful candy land,with much of it decorated with cupcakes, ice creams, cotton candy, and lollipops.This world will truly bring joy to any sim living in it!*