Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MeaganJo's 3PCC free Creations - Forgotten Factory Gardens pg 95

Comments

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you HollownessDevour and please don't delete the pics :shock: ! I spent the day googling but for some reason I think my brain may be fried lol. The kitchen has changed yet again. I was trying not to use much store content but looks like the tables I was missing were from the store grrrr. I wish I didn't rely so much on all the store goodies but I do. :roll:
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Meags! I think your build is coming along stunningly! You wouldn't fuss and fret so much if you didn't care! I think you were on the right track in the first picture you posted, where the cabinets looked more laminated. The wallls are so wondefully aged that I think you can go more modern in the cabinetry. Sort of the marriage of very old with very new? I like that it didn't all have to be rustic and worn. I think you have some great MOOed cabinetry ideas ...so keep working them. Both pictures look great.

Those are wonderful pictures that Hollowness posted! Lovely!

I know you will find your wAy, you always do. Keep playing and trying. It's going to be wonderful!

T
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Meags! I think your build is coming along stunningly! You wouldn't fuss and fret so much if you didn't care! I think you were on the right track in the first picture you posted, where the cabinets looked more laminated. The wallls are so wondefully aged that I think you can go more modern in the cabinetry. Sort of the marriage of very old with very new? I like that it didn't all have to be rustic and worn. I think you have some great MOOed cabinetry ideas ...so keep working them. Both pictures look great.

Those are wonderful pictures that Hollowness posted! Lovely!

I know you will find your wAy, you always do. Keep playing and trying. It's going to be wonderful!

T

Thank you Taryn! I am still plugging away at the kitchen and dining area but I think I may have it to where I think I like it. Still might change a few things but we shall see as I move on to another room to work on something different.

Looking through the um thingy to the dining area and yay the bar works!
    Screenshot-40_zps95f7b992.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-41_zps465af8b6.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-42_zps1815054b.jpg"width=600"

I think there needs to be a picture or something above the stove instead of those lights... Eh I don't know, maybe...

Screenshot-43_zpse6421c38.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited January 2014
    MeganJo Great WIP I think you have done a fantastic job of achieving the Industrial Modern look. xox Folly
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    follyfoot wrote:
    MeganJo Great WIP I think you have done a fantastic job of achieving the Industrial Modern look. xox Folly

Thank you very much folly, I sure hope I am, because I feel lost in this build lol!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It was nice moving to a different room so here is what I am playing around with.

Screenshot-45_zpsf2b8d199.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-44_zpsa3a1af24.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    edited January 2014
    The kitchen is looking great! It looks great how you have done the arched bar stool counter area! It looks great the type of dining seats and table that you have used. The WIP is looking great!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The kitchen is looking great! It looks great how you have done the arched bar stool counter area! It looks great the type of dining seats and table that you have used. The WIP is looking great!

Thank you Rosemow! The kitchen is forever changing lol, I'll work on another room for a bit and then think of something for the kitchen and back and forth. :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    Interiors are looking amazing, Meagan!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well she sure is still a major work in progress but she is moving along now that I am focusing on other rooms and then when I get an idea I go back to the kitchen. I do however think I made it entirely too big, I'll have to take some over heads and maybe you guys can help me decide what to do with the rest lol!

Lobby
    Screenshot-53_zpscaba0d99.jpg"width=600"

Once you get off the elevator this is what you see to your left and the door on the left leads to the bathroom and the archway to your right leads to the next picture.
    Screenshot-48_zpsf97b49bb.jpg"width=600"

Pool table at the end of the bar but I think I am going to take out the pool table light...
    Screenshot-49_zps334cd943.jpg"width=600"

And what do you know we are back at the kitchen lol!!!
    Screenshot-50_zps8956ff3e.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-51_zps330b23e9.jpg"width=600"

Ok, now this picture takes us back to the lower patio I decided that it needed to be some kind of artsy fartsy art studio or something of the sort where your sim can paint or sculpt.
    Screenshot-52_zpsc4aefeb1.jpg"width=600"

And before I forget! GreenCats thank you so much!
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love it :D the rooms look amazing, I love the pool table area and the kitchen, I really like the area above the cooker with the painting and hanging baskets and the dining area and art studio looks great, I really like this style :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yay samj6 that tells me I am heading in the right direction :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Here are those overheads.

Upper most level where I am going to put the master suite but haven't decided if I am going to open a portion of the floor to overlook what may one day be a sitting room or something I don't know.
    Screenshot-54_zpsee13eafe.jpg"width=600"

Second level um yeah I still have random things lying around like the couch that is no longer going to be part of this build. I still haven't decided what to do with a couple area's on this level where you see that random stuff laying about and the front section by the elevator was where I was thinking about opening up the ceiling...
    Screenshot-55_zps8d5f3118.jpg"width=600"

And now for the main level where the lobby is... Now in this area I could make a couple of apartments or heck I just don't know what to do in this area at all, you see originally we were supposed to think that this was a warehouse turned into a loft but if you ask me it more looks like an apartment complex where you have 3 very different layouts from small medium to um yeah huge and expensive... So honestly I have absolutely no clue what to do with those extra area's.
    Screenshot-56_zpsd3930325.jpg"width=600"

Oh and ha ha ha yeah I forgot that I threw a bed and all in oner in there for GreenCats simmy Xiu (I gave her short hair because I am a no fuss kind of gal) while she play tests things for me to make sure they work and of course she will have to upgrade, as it is she only likes the bar lol!
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi, Meagan! Your Envisage is fantastic - it's a huge build, but all areas are so perfectly designed! Amazint!! :)

Your WIP looks another amazing project, love the structure and the interiors too! :)
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really love how the kitchen has turned out and the kitchen living floor plan :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2014
    The urban chic look works really well Megan! I love the brick walls! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    edited January 2014
    Your WIP is looking great! :) The art studio looks great and suits the build. The textures that you are using for the rooms look great!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    imoger
    Hi, Meagan! Your Envisage is fantastic - it's a huge build, but all areas are so perfectly designed! Amazint!!

Your WIP looks another amazing project, love the structure and the interiors too!

Thank you so much and yes Envisage was huge!

HollownessDevour
    I really love how the kitchen has turned out and the kitchen living floor plan

Thank you, I am sure once I get in game (it's been a couple/few days) it will change again lol! Still wonder how I am going to work the rest of that middle room with the pool table. I had some idea's the other day but they are long gone now...

yanti68
    The urban chic look works really well Megan! I love the brick walls!

Thank you yanti! Is that what you call the style that this build seems to be going towards? I had to steal my walls from my Industrial Rose Eatery! I fell in love with them! By the way I absolutely love the build that is in your siggy area!!!

rosemow
    Your WIP is looking great! The art studio looks great and suits the build. The textures that you are using for the rooms look great!

Thank you Rosemow! I may move the art studio to another area but it is definitely a keeper, now I just need to get that simmie a painting to add paintings to the build and possibly some photography... :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Where did you get that brick wall? It is absolutely perfect for the industrial look! :D Good choice of windows too. Thank you for the compliment about my chalet. Glad you liked it. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Where did you get that brick wall? It is absolutely perfect for the industrial look! :D Good choice of windows too. Thank you for the compliment about my chalet. Glad you liked it. :D

I know that the original patterns are from Late Night Crystal cut or something like that. Erg, I'll start my game up super quick and once I get back from dropping my kiddo off at school I'll get the name for you. There are 2 of them. :) The windows are from Stone's Throw :) I absolutely love those windows!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok so I was mostly correct they are called Crystal cut left and Crystal cut right. They can be found under wall sets and are indeed from Late Night. Just add a brick pattern to it. I do wish they had a few more like them with a different pattern so I wasn't stuck with only the 2 of them, thank goodness for windows, doors, paintings and whatever else to break up the patterned look a little bit.

Oh and I forgot today is late start so my kiddo doesn't go to school until 940 :roll: ... Drives me nuts when I get into a rush just to not have to be in the end lol!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    Very nice interiors, MeaganJo!
    I love the dusty walls: the furnishings too.
    They create a real atmosphere :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    Very nice interiors, MeaganJo!
    I love the dusty walls: the furnishings too.
    They create a real atmosphere :)

Thank you YJ! This build so far has been quite fun when it comes to decorating, things are constantly changing. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    MeaganJo wrote:
    Ok so I was mostly correct they are called Crystal cut left and Crystal cut right. They can be found under wall sets and are indeed from Late Night. Just add a brick pattern to it. I do wish they had a few more like them with a different pattern so I wasn't stuck with only the 2 of them, thank goodness for windows, doors, paintings and whatever else to break up the patterned look a little bit.

Oh and I forgot today is late start so my kiddo doesn't go to school until 940 :roll: ... Drives me nuts when I get into a rush just to not have to be in the end lol!

Thanks Megan! I think I know which you are talking about. In dutch it has different names so I had to think for a while. :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well this is all I got done today due to my sim spending several sim days painting and taking pictures and of course me cleaning, cooking, helping the little big man with homeword and walking the furbabies.

This is what you see now when you get off the elevator.
    Screenshot-10_zpsc74abd71.jpg"width=600"

To the left of the elevator when you step out now looks like this, just some minor changes here.
    Screenshot-9_zps3e2f3bab.jpg"width=600"

And when you step out of the elevator to the right there is a little seating area and stairs heading to the still non existent master suite but it is however home to probably 30 paintings and pictures.
    Screenshot-11_zps84ff135d.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-12_zps50de2573.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-13_zpse14ae754.jpg"width=600"

The art studio has indeed moved! It's bigger and ready for your artist to take pics, paint or sculpt.
    Screenshot-7_zpsbcd19b52.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-8_zps591944fe.jpg"width=600"