Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Verified Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

Comments

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited October 2011
    XOBABEXO3 wrote:
    I have a NVIDIA card and when I try to make a horse it just starts flashing :(

Edit: mine a NVIDIA 6150 is that good? lol

NVidia 6150 isn't a supported card, so you probably will continue to see graphics issues until you replace it. Though, you can try messing with your detail settings and see if you can find a combination that lets you play with the pets looking mostly normal.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So far its going alright with my unsupported card. Cats look weird, almost doubled if that makes sense. Dogs heads look odd but not that bad. Not worth shutting the game down, I can deal with it til I get a new pc I guess.
  • Options
    NinjaPuppyNinjaPuppy Posts: 101
    edited October 2011
    It seems the glitch does carry over, but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay aside from that. The only glitching that happens that I've found just deals with the pets' appearances. However I'm not finished playing through the new content so there could be more issues.
  • Options
    nataliejulienataliejulie Posts: 79 New Member
    edited October 2011
    any luck sorting this ?
  • Options
    Keya101Keya101 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    What a waste of money on the sims 3 pets. I have a G33/G31 card and my pets are deformed badly. The mouths are in the ground and their feet are backwords. Very mad on the creators part. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    arb2009stylesarb2009styles Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have NVidia and the cats and dogs heads dont fit. I just got the game I thought it was just the demo. any suggestions.
  • Options
    kim_hillarykim_hillary Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Are they going to fix the bad graphics? I just bought the game, and I didn't know it would do that. All the other expansion packs work just fine for me, but pets. Does anyone know if the sims people are doing something about this?
  • Options
    AmandaMarie09AmandaMarie09 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I hope so, because I ran up to Best Buys because I wanted to buy a new graphics card and they told me my computer was to old and that it would be a waste. And they tried to get me to spend over two hundred to get it to work. It is ridiculous. I love the sims and I won't stop playing but I was so looking forward to this and now it has just caused me so much grief. I hope it has something to do with EA and not our computers. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well, this is horrible, but I guess you still play the game and make believe the animals are disabled or something ....
  • Options
    sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thats so strange my Pets do not look bad at all :) Maybe you guys need to get rid of CC from other sites until they get this fixed
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are they going to fix the bad graphics? I just bought the game, and I didn't know it would do that. All the other expansion packs work just fine for me, but pets. Does anyone know if the sims people are doing something about this?

I wouldn't hold your breath on there being a 'fix' since it is an issue with graphics cards, not the game itself. If your card is not supported that isn't their fault. You may have been able to play fine on past expansions, but this game has a higher minimum standard for graphics cards. If your card isn't listed as supported, they aren't going to do anything to help you. If it IS listed as supported, it may be a simple matter of downloading the latest drivers or deleting any bad CC you may have.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    NinjaPuppyNinjaPuppy Posts: 101
    edited October 2011
    Thats so strange my Pets do not look bad at all :) Maybe you guys need to get rid of CC from other sites until they get this fixed
    It isn't custom content doing it, it's the graphics card. Quite a few of us on this thread don't use custom content.

I wouldn't hold your breath on there being a 'fix' since it is an issue with graphics cards, not the game itself. If your card is not supported that isn't their fault. You may have been able to play fine on past expansions, but this game has a higher minimum standard for graphics cards. If your card isn't listed as supported, they aren't going to do anything to help you. If it IS listed as supported, it may be a simple matter of downloading the latest drivers or deleting any bad CC you may have.
    What gets me is that the back of the case states that all previously supported cards are still supported. The least they can do is update that list.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I have a thought and go ahead and shoot me down. But those of us that are having problems with our pets, have you noticed its only the pets being affected? No sims no other objects just the pets? I'm thinking that maybe there is something wrong with the game that makes it in compatible with our graphic cards. Yeah not everyone has it but a vast majority does. And that's the same with other glitches. All the other games work fine for me. So I'm just thinking maybe it is a problem with EA. But who knows. Just my thoughts is all.
  • Options
    sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2011
    So I have a thought and go ahead and shoot me down. But those of us that are having problems with our pets, have you noticed its only the pets being affected? No sims no other objects just the pets? I'm thinking that maybe there is something wrong with the game that makes it in compatible with our graphic cards. Yeah not everyone has it but a vast majority does. And that's the same with other glitches. All the other games work fine for me. So I'm just thinking maybe it is a problem with EA. But who knows. Just my thoughts is all.

If that were the case all of us would be having demonic looking pets :?

it tells u on the back of the box what graphic cards it doesnt support and mine isnt one of them thankfully. I guess its a graphic issue that everyone needs to upgrade
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure someone posted this before on other pages, but it can't hurt to post it again, I'm sure:
    Video Card
    Minimum: 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 [Nvidia GeForce 6 series or better (GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported), and all NVidia G, GT, GTS, and GTX video cards. ATI Radeon™ series card 9500 series or better, and all ATI X, X1, and HD video cards; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series
  • Options
    arb2009stylesarb2009styles Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I think its strange that it is just my cats and dogs and pretty much just on the create a pet. The already there pets look just fine. Im all confused over this
  • Options
    sibtiger55sibtiger55 Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    i have a G33/G31 aswell, hmm
  • Options
    tomorrows6crisistomorrows6crisis Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    im just curious, i have no idea about which graphics cards are better and which mean what. my computer has an intelG965 express chipset family. does that meet the requirements its supposed to for this EP to run properly? if so, add that to the list of cards it doesnt work with.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe your right, but I'm just saying if the graphics card was to old or whatever it would affect the whole game and not just parts of it. I dunno. I'm just having wishful thinking here. Seeing as they told me I would have to buy a new computer if I wanted it fixed or spend up to $200 to fix it. But its not a guarantee fix so I don't know.
  • Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited October 2011
    *wipes a tear* I don't have the money for a graphics card and we already have pets...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    NinjaPuppy wrote:
    What gets me is that the back of the case states that all previously supported cards are still supported. The least they can do is update that list.

I'm with you on this, however, it would be almost impossible for them to test the game on every type of video card available. They themselves may have incorrectly assumed that the game would continue to work just fine on that particular chipset. If that is the case, the fault lies with whoever manufactures that chipset. They need to release a driver update to solve the issues with the Pets expansion.
  • Options
    zath1zath1 Posts: 220 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi guys, I have a similar problem but I bought the game and it's terrible on my game. Can someone put it simply what I need to do, I have no experience with technical things..
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 5650, so this will be fine? Just making sure :)
  • Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited October 2011
    I agree, zath1. Either EA needs to lower the requirements, update this, or buy me the stuff I need. I will stop buying Sims 3 if this continues to happen! It's making me more sick, my stomach is turning and my food isn't staying down much longer!
    Somebody help! PLEASE!
  • Options
    tomorrows6crisistomorrows6crisis Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    im just curious, i have no idea about which graphics cards are better and which mean what. my computer has an intelG965 express chipset family. does that meet the requirements its supposed to for this EP to run properly? if so, add that to the list of cards it doesnt work with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top