Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Verified Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

Comments

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2011
    Srich83 wrote:
    I have a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE and it runs my games perfectly fine except the dogs and cats heads in the CAP demo, the horses have no problems. the dogs and cats start out fine but when I change the breed they distort. Not as bad as your horse, the heads just go dark grey and fuzzy.

They upload all messy too and someone told me that the graphics card cant change the programming script and that they shouldnt be uploading that way...

It worries me though that only a fraction of people are having this issue. I cant really afford a new graphics card. Sims is one of my few splurges...

18 more days until we find out for sure...at least it cured my PEPS.

On the back of the base game/EP/SP under system requirements, it says, "Please note that GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported."

These video cards were never supported for TS3 most likely because it's old and/or it's incompatibility.

When the game releases and those who would like to test it out, I say download those glitched looking pets from the exchange and see how it shows up in their game. For sure, everyone will know because as of now no one knows for a FACT. I honestly think the pets would still look glitched even if uploaded to the exchange because it's only going by what the video card can produce on screen. However, I think anyone who has a supported card for TS3, who downloads a pet from the exchange that looks glitched should come out looking normal in their game. But we will not know for a fact unless someone is willing to try it out when the game releases. Any brave ones to test this theory?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2011
    Honestly, graphics chips are always going to be more ill-suited for gaming than a card.
  • Options
    dbt2888dbt2888 Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    So is anyone with one of these 'junky' cards going to be brave enough to go out and buy the game when it's released? Just to let the rest of us know if it's a demo problem. I wouldn't think it is, but we could hope that there is a glitch in just the demo.

What I don't get is why only the pets look that way and no other graphic in the game. Yeah, we only get CAP for now, but why isn't the loading screen warped at all...or any of the sliders or breed choosers, etc. or even the background when you're doing CAP?
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2011
    dbt2888 wrote:
    So is anyone with one of these 'junky' cards going to be brave enough to go out and buy the game when it's released? Just to let the rest of us know if it's a demo problem. I wouldn't think it is, but we could hope that there is a glitch in just the demo.

What I don't get is why only the pets look that way and no other graphic in the game. Yeah, we only get CAP for now, but why isn't the loading screen warped at all...or any of the sliders or breed choosers, etc. or even the background when you're doing CAP?

Cause the issue probably has to do with the 3D rendering
  • Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited October 2011
    yeah, my graphics card has apparently never been suitable for the sims 3 and it has always been fine. I pre-ordered pets as soon as it was available to do so. Im getting it regardless of the cap demo glitches and then I will know for sure if its my graphics card or the demo itself. Even if its my graphics card I can still apparently play with horses until I save up for a new card so I can play with dogs and cats.

Someone told me that the cap cant change the scripts so they should upload to the site normal not glitched.

13 days and we shall see.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2011
    So I checked and the first card mention isn't the one I have...

I don't have the demo, and don't plan to.

But I have preordered and payed for the game, so I will report if any problem or not... + find the name of my card...
    this is what I have:
    ati mobility radeon hd 4550
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    igobymanynamesigobymanynames Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2011
    dbt2888 wrote:

I probably will be. I have a macbook pro with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, which SHOULD be supported according to the readme file, and it's mostly doing fine but crashes my game if i try to load a horse on CAP. The dogs and cats look and work fine and I want them badly enough that I suppose the game is worth it. If horses still don't work in the real game, though, I will be very disappointed. @_@
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2011
    Srich83 wrote:
    They upload all messy too and someone told me that the graphics card cant change the programming script and that they shouldnt be uploading that way...

Do you still have such an example in your Studio ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Srich83 wrote:

Here is one I found: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4663301

Looks really bad. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    yes I do, the cats eyes are all bulgy
    (its a tonkinese that I did nothing to) and the dog is supposed to be all black but there is a grey fuzzy halo like thing around his head.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    forgot the link : http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Srich83/mystudio

mine aren't as bad as that one, but it isn't normal.
  • Options
    tigersmindtigersmind Posts: 63
    edited October 2011
    dbt2888 wrote:

I probably will be. I have a macbook pro with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, which SHOULD be supported according to the readme file, and it's mostly doing fine but crashes my game if i try to load a horse on CAP. The dogs and cats look and work fine and I want them badly enough that I suppose the game is worth it. If horses still don't work in the real game, though, I will be very disappointed. @_@

Aw man, I have a MBP too that's having the same issue. Every time my laptop tries to render a horse, it crashes the game. I was hoping it was an install problem and that I just had to try reinstalling CAP (which I've been too lazy to do). I run a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT on an Early 2008 model. It renders the base game just fine but I need to lower the sliders a bit for Late Night.

Dogs and cats render just fine, no weird distortions at all. CAP runs pretty smoothly otherwise.... :/
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2011
    Wait so where can I get a graphic card?
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2011
    I have a feeling that it's the Demo and that it won't be like that in game. It's weird, my pets will not look as distorted as they go along. I've never had problems. I'm thinking it's the demo, not the game itself.
  • Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This could be old to you guys but I have GeForce 6150SE and after reading this Im thinking of upgrading since my game isnt even suppose to run on it. I dont know anything about graphics cards. A guy at Best Buy's Geek Squad told me an XFX Radeon HD 4550 would work great. Do any of you know of that and does anyone have any advice on an inexpensive graphics card that I could switch too???
  • Options
    rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited October 2011
    sterrasim wrote:
    This could be old to you guys but I have GeForce 6150SE and after reading this Im thinking of upgrading since my game isnt even suppose to run on it. I dont know anything about graphics cards. A guy at Best Buy's Geek Squad told me an XFX Radeon HD 4550 would work great. Do any of you know of that and does anyone have any advice on an inexpensive graphics card that I could switch too???

I have the Radeon HD 4550 in my PC, and it runs the game wonderfully on all high settings and ran the demo perfectly fine as well. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    EuroGirL87EuroGirL87 Posts: 154 Member
    edited October 2011
    sterrasim wrote:

The 4000 series is already 3 years old, and only supports directx 10. If you plan on upgrading your graphics card, you might as well get something more current with directx 11 support. With ATI radeon at least the 5000 series, or Nvidia gt430 and higher.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Srich83 wrote:

Here is one I found: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4663301

Looks really bad. :(

I guess we have to wait for the EP and see if they are distorted in other peoples games as well. It might just be the pics.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I'll have to ask more questions when I go to best buy. The guy told me if ibgot anything higher I would need an external power source.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, and the demo worked perfectly fine for me! This is the first I have even seen of this issue! I hope it works out for all of you having problems! The demo seemed messed up for a lot of people, hopefully it was just the demo, and the game will be fine!
  • Options
    MishikinsMishikins Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 and it runs DirectX 11 and my game, perfectly. If y ou're looking for a nice, cheaper, card to run your game, this one will suffice. I am upgrading to the 500 series soon, but that card is upwards of $190, so if you can't afford it, don't buy that one.

For those considering a new graphics card, here are some really important questions you need to ask:

1. Does it run with my current Operating System. If you have XP, does that graphics card support XP or Vista or 7.

2. Do you know how to put in a graphics card. If you don't know how to, you should not do it yourself, as you can seriously damage your own computer by doing it. Take it in to a place where they will do it for you. If you have a warranty at Best Buy, they will sometimes install new software for you, depends on your warranty.

3. Once you've figured out the last two questions, you need to make sure that your graphics card is compatible with your motherboard. Don't know how to do that? Talk to someone who does. You can get an awesome graphics card but not be able to use it to its full potential if your motherboard is too old to handle it.

Some advice:

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new computer than to buy a new graphics card.

Sometimes it is easier to call Geek Squad for help if you don't know what you're doing.

Sometimes it is cheaper to call the graphics card company before you talk to a sales person at the store. The company has all the details in regards to their chips, they know all the answers about compatibility, and, at least Nvidia, works directly with the Sims franchise and will know if their chips work with the game.

Finally, if you don't know how to check to see if your game is compatible, you can use a tool called "DxDiag". Every PC has this tool and it allows you to check your RAM, CPU and Memory card info. All you have to do is click the start tab (or the little blue windows button) and then type into the "Search Bar" that appears at the bottom "DxDiag". It will pop up a window that will tell you if there is anything wrong with your PC, what your PCs stats are, and what version of DirectX you have.

If you're having this problem with the demo, I am sorry to say, you will also have this problem with the game, if you can run it at all. The demo actually requires less than the actual game will and while you can run it now, you may not be able to handle the full game. I don't like saying that, but I don't want you to get this game, install it, and have everything wrecked all in the same moment. If your game doesn't run now, and you know it's a graphics card issue, than that's all she wrote.

If you do have to buy a new graphics card and you know how to install it yourself and what you're looking for, or are pretty good at figuring it out, I recommend going with NewEgg.com or Tigerdirect.com. Both websites offer really good discounts on various companies and new egg offers side by side comparisons of cards so you know exactly what you are getting for the money. Also, Nvidia is currently doing a deal that allows you to get Batman: Arkham Asylum for free, don't know if you guys care or not, but I hope it helps!

• Options
    debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M and have loads of CC. In the demo, all the animals looked perfect.
  • Options
    shoeprozacshoeprozac Posts: 38 New Member
    edited October 2011
    OK, I have a nVidia GE Force GT 330 card in my laptop. I was led to believe this was a pretty good card for a laptop, and so far I haven't had any graphics glitches other than the expected. I play on medium setting with no problem. On doing the DxDiag thing as well (thanks Mishikins!) my lappy has Direct X 11

THing is, I can't find this card listed under the supported GE FOrce cards. Anyone au fait with this sort of stuff to maybe give some idea of whether I should be worried? Laptop is a Samsung R780 if you need to check the other specs
  • Options
    MishikinsMishikins Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately, without EA telling you directly, there's not a whole lot of information on whether the laptop chip will run it. However, from what you've said, you should be okay. Did you run the Pets Demo? Was it at all glitchy? If not, you should be fine. Since you are running DirectX 11, your graphics card is new and probably going to be fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That was very helpful Mishikins. But now I have more questions. I have Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I have no idea what all that means. I did the DxDiag thing and it also says I have Directx11. I didnt do the demo because I saw alot of complaints about it and figured I would just wait for the game. I just got back from an unsuccessful trip to best Buy where I found out they dont have cards for my computer. I have an HP slimline. The manager said to check bestbuy.com or newegg.com and that his guys would put it in for me. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I actually need a new one. I hope I dont but if I do I think it will be good to have.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top