Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Verified Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2011
    shoeprozac wrote:
    OK, I have a nVidia GE Force GT 330 card in my laptop. I was led to believe this was a pretty good card for a laptop, and so far I haven't had any graphics glitches other than the expected. I play on medium setting with no problem. On doing the DxDiag thing as well (thanks Mishikins!) my lappy has Direct X 11

THing is, I can't find this card listed under the supported GE FOrce cards. Anyone au fait with this sort of stuff to maybe give some idea of whether I should be worried? Laptop is a Samsung R780 if you need to check the other specs

New cards come out every month or so and it would have to be a try it and see. However, more than likely it will run without problems but occasionally a driver update may in order. Sims 3 will indicate that your card is not supported and will set the settings in game but you can go in set them yourself.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • RainawaterRainawater Posts: 80
    edited October 2011
    yup, I have this EXACT problem, and it's not just while editing pets, pets walk around and suddenly start melting like this and changing shape. I do NOT have the graphics cards you're saying are imcomaptiable. I have G102M. Im really upset I spent so much money on this game and we're basically being told "oh well, it's your graphic card"
  • Depp273Depp273 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Quick question - I'm running my game on a laptop. I've been told that it's not possible to upgrade/change the graphics card on a laptop. True or false?
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2011
    Depp273 wrote:
    Quick question - I'm running my game on a laptop. I've been told that it's not possible to upgrade/change the graphics card on a laptop. True or false?

Generally, it's not possible, or at least not practical, since there's so little room inside of the case, everything has to fit just right.

It is possible to get an external graphics card to upgrade your laptop, but I don't know anything about those... so I'll stop here. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
    edited October 2011
    K seriously, this is ridiculous!!! My Graphic's card is updated and and supported and still I get the warped animals. This is stupid. I spent so much money on this and there are so many bugs I feel like returning the game and saying screw it.
  • rmmscocormmscoco Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    i have ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 i also have no idea what a grafics card is so i quess ill have to take it to a computor place or somthing
  • CherelleMasonCherelleMason Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My animals are only distorted when they are not moving, is that a card issue too?
  • arb2009stylesarb2009styles Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I really think it is the creators job to fix it cause it seems we all have a sort of similiar problem some worse than others even though we have the same card. It cant all be the cards fault, I mean everything is fine with mine sept if I zoom in on a cat or dog there head looks like that shrunkin guys head off of beetle juice. Really annoying and I waited so patiently for this game
  • arb2009stylesarb2009styles Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    also my computer isnt that old and I dont get a laptop till january
  • NMATHEWS79NMATHEWS79 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2011
    Having the same issue that sucks, then just will have to buy another video card.
  • ArmyWifey92ArmyWifey92 Posts: 62
    edited October 2011
    also my computer isnt that old and I dont get a laptop till january
    it has nothing to do of how new your computer is.

some desktops are brand new and have low graphic cards since mist desktops arent really made for gaming.

my parents got a new desktop which doesnt work sims 3 thats why i bought a new GAMING desktop to avoid these problems
  • thesims3addictzthesims3addictz Posts: 335
    edited October 2011
    i have the Intel G33/31 chipset.My game runs but the pets are all distorted and look weird.

I don't have the $ to buy a new computer(my computer is only a few years old) or a new graphics card.

i will play the game as is.
  • Bear017Bear017 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So, I just got the game and my pets look exactly like this. I never downloaded the demo or anything, but I'm having the same problem. It was really disappointing to finally get the game, and then this happens.
  • blackwolf232blackwolf232 Posts: 43
    edited October 2011
    I've looked multiple times and even went on systemrequirementslab.com and ran the tests and my computer passed well beyond the minimal requirments. I have no other issues, only CC from EA irectly, yet when I go to play I get the deformed pets (I have no other graphic problems,not the Sims, or houses or anything funky, just the pets) and I just want to clarify if my computer is really compatiable like this system tests says.
    I have a ATI Radeon X1270,
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 128 MB 1.3 GB
    Pixel Shader 2.0 2.0
    1.9 GHz Performance Rated at: 21.375 GHz
    Not sure if it matters but I have a Gateway T-1631 Laptop.
    (I'm not very computer savvy) but is there a way I can mess with the Game Graphic Settings in order to get the pets to not be deformed like you could in Sims 2?

Thank you.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited October 2011
    Nobody really should need to buy a new computer and/or a graphics card.

If your PC can render a Sim correctly, then it should be able to render a pet correctly. Assuming that these glitches are not being caused by CC, mods, graphics driver issues, etc.

I don't have Pets, but I have read that they have fur, etc - basically, features that a normal human Sim do not. However, The Sims Studio/EA should have designed the game to render a pet as though it was a normal human Sim (ie without advanced features that require a higher spec GPU) - this cannot be in question - it simply cannot. If The Sims Studio cannot create a basic pet mesh that renders correctly, without advanced features, then something is wrong within their development team - assuming that it is a design issue.

A Sim pet is probably more complex than a human Sim - However, the fact remains that the game should be fallback rendering a pet as though it was a normal human Sim - regardless of the fact that a pet, has the capability to render with fur and whatever other features they have given pets.

The bit that I cannot fathom is how some people could possibly require to upgrade/replace anything if human Sims and other objects in the game are rendering correctly.

I would certainly hold out for patches/updates - whether they be from EA or from graphics card companies.

edited October 2011
    plopppo wrote:

If your PC can render a Sim correctly, then it should be able to render a pet correctly. Assuming that these glitches are not being caused by CC, mods, graphics driver issues, etc.

I don't have Pets, but I have read that they have fur, etc - basically, features that a normal human Sim do not. However, The Sims Studio/EA should have designed the game to render a pet as though it was a normal human Sim (ie without advanced features that require a higher spec GPU) - this cannot be in question - it simply cannot. If The Sims Studio cannot create a basic pet mesh that renders correctly, without advanced features, then something is wrong within their development team - assuming that it is a design issue.

A Sim pet is probably more complex than a human Sim - However, the fact remains that the game should be fallback rendering a pet as though it was a normal human Sim - regardless of the fact that a pet, has the capability to render with fur and whatever other features they have given pets.

The bit that I cannot fathom is how some people could possibly require to upgrade/replace anything if human Sims and other objects in the game are rendering correctly.

I would certainly hold out for patches/updates - whether they be from EA or from graphics card companies.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If EVERYTHING else is working just fine, why would JUST the pets look all funky?
    edited October 2011
    plopppo wrote:

I have no CC, no Mods, I have a supported graphic card, and Im still having the issue
    edited October 2011
    Maybe it is a glitch? Like I said, I am not computer savvy but I'm crossing my fingers that it is fixable without me having to go buy a new computer just to play the Sims >.<
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited October 2011
    There is no way in the world that this is not fixible - period.

It may mean that The Sims Studio/EA have got to design some replacement base meshes that can render correctly; however they owe it to their customers.
  • SiabhraSiabhra Posts: 149 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I thought it might have just been a problem with the demo, but I got the game today and have the same pet distortion :(

How do I find out what video card I have and what I need to make the pets work properly? I don't really understand tec. computer talk LOL. :oops:

I do know my diretx is up-to-date. I have a Dell computer and I am running Window's XP. What video card do I need to buy to make the game work? If I have the information my son can get it and install it for me.

((hugs))
  • LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had similar graphics issues with my game before pets. I had it happening with all of my neighborhoods and it was driving me crazy!

I fixed it by resetting my graphics card settings to their default settings. I have an ATI graphics card, so I don't know about NVIDIA, but by resetting everything to the defaults from the Catalyst Control Center (for ATI) fixed my graphical glitches completely.

I don't know if it'll fix it, since I don't have pets, but it fixed it when I had issues with a similar-looking problem in regular Sims 3.
    edited October 2011
    I think all these suggestions people buy new cards just to play this **** game is ludacris. My card IS new, it's not on the list of cards that don't work, it's not intel either. I think it's completely BS. Pets I adopt? Totally fine. Using the game? totally fine. Go to edit them? Melting giant weird pets.

Im sure EA will *discover* a fix and share it in a patch soon. Just from checking this forum and googling it- thousands of people are having this issue. I'll be returning my game for sure if it doesn't get sorted out in a reasonable amount of time. Just pathetic
  • SiabhraSiabhra Posts: 149 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Siabhra wrote:
    I thought it might have just been a problem with the demo, but I got the game today and have the same pet distortion :(

How do I find out what video card I have and what I need to make the pets work properly? I don't really understand tec. computer talk LOL. :oops:

I do know my diretx is up-to-date. I have a Dell computer and I am running Window's XP. What video card do I need to buy to make the game work? If I have the information my son can get it and install it for me.

((hugs))

I just found that I do have a G33/G31 Graphics card :cry: Can anybody PLEASE tell me what graphic card I need to buy to run pets without the distortion?
  • LucysamLucysam Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    I went to start making pets for all my pre-existing families in the neighborhood and my dogs and cats have no faces! Or more like its just a smooth basic black mesh but the rest of their bodies have color and fur and look normal. And they look this way in the game except when, as them, I click on an object and a close up of their face pops up with all the options....then I can see what they should look like. But the horses look fine all the time. And I don't really understand that if this is a graphics issue with my computer then why did I not have this problem with the create a pet demo? I downloaded the demo when it first came out and played with it for about a day and all the pets looked wonderful which then made my decision to pre-order the game because I thought if the demo worked great, then the actual game should too. Then I uninstalled the demo and waited for the expansion. But I can't play with it like this....you can't even tell what breed they are or see any of their facial features...its horrible. I'm so confused and depressed...have this happened to anyone else? Everyone else seems to be talking about body distortion, and I'm just having problems with the head. :(
  • sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2011
    My dad said, its just a gaming issue with the sims 3 pets itself and not your graphics card as I have a terrifc graphics card and its compatible so its just a gaming issue. That will need to be fixed with I guess a patch or something idk. I am just gona say I dont have graphic issue maybe once but then I only have crashing/freezing issues? Anyone know how to fix?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top