Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Verified Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• Options
    thesims3addictzthesims3addictz Posts: 335
    edited June 2012
    HOW DARE EA make this game INCOMPATIBLE with this graphic card,which has been supported for a LONG TIME!!

EA shame on you!!!!!!Make the game compatible for EVERYONE!It can't be that difficult.
  • Options
    playerEAgamer51playerEAgamer51 Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    what is the CAP how the freak do I delete it. Nd I have no clue about the graphics card.
  • Options
    FurniFurni Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Can I get a refund on this CRAP expansion then? Even though it clearly says on the game that it supports GMA 3 series...and it obviously doesn't! This is false advertising and EA should be refunding peoples money! :?
  • Options
    Carmichael6Carmichael6 Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    I'm not sure this is right but is this my graphics card?

Intel(R) Graphics media accelerator 3150

If so is this supported as I am also having the distorted pets issue and it gets even worse when I turn advanced rendering on :/
  • Options
    amethystblack061amethystblack061 Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Good afternoon!

Now, I bet many of you by this point have gone out and bought yourselves new graphics cards or even returned your pets, however I want to tell you the one thing that EA will not, it is NOT your graphics card!!!

Yes ladies and gents believe it or not it is NOT your fault that the sims 3 pets will not work, and although I have seen many fixes on the web, I stumbled upon one that made my jaw drop.

It was a blog (which appears to have been deleted since I first found it grrrrr) that had a revolutionary and radical view completely opposing everything that EA has been shoving down our throats about this game and how 'non-compatible' it is with our graphics cards.

A person who spoke very little English and lived outside of the US had come up with a very intensive fix that patched pets across several graphics cards (evidence provided on their site). This was a non-EA approved patch that before and after fixed the 'demon' animals. The one altercation to the patch however was that the creator put their logo into the sims loading screen which made the loading process a little bit more than annoyingly slow.

Back on the blog the writer concluded that even though the fix 'vanished' from the internet that it was indeed a toss-up on whether or not to use it to fix your game, on the one hand all of your pet problems were fixed, on the other it took more time to load the game (and if you are like me that is already a little longer than desired). The writer was also astonished that if 'one person could program a fix that [was] compatible to the game why couldn't EA come out with an actual release that did the same?'

If I remember correctly the game patch was created in Swedish, but as soon as I can track down the initial Blog again I WILL post it.

thank you :)
  • Options
    em2008em2008 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    It depends on your budget, and on what kind of computer you have, but I recommend Nvidia cards. I have a 9800GT and it runs the game great on maxed-out settings. You may want to go with something a little newer since mine is starting get a bit old.

I have Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE and I'm having graphical issues with the pets as well. The horses look fine but the dogs and cats all look like the fur is missing from around their face and they all have this ugly looking brownish face with bug eyes.
  • Options
    xXHiroNakXxxXHiroNakXx Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    How much do graphic card costs cause my Sims 3 Pets animals are all deformed and i want to get a new graphic card. :cry:
  • Options
    san84100san84100 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    I have the G33/G31 and I have having the same issue. Would love to have a fix for it because demon pets are scary. :!:
  • Options
    xhwkxxhwkx Posts: 37
    edited March 2013
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Is that supported? Thats what I have..
  • Options
    vanillaXverivanillaXveri Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    idk if anyone is still looking at this post, but i just gots pets and of course, my animals are all jacked up. this is really annoying. i looked about my graphics card and this is what my computer says - Intel(R)82945G Express Chipset Family. i havent seen anything about this one. also i have DirectX10. so yeah. could someone help me? ): idk anything about all this weird super tech stuff. i just like to play the sims.
  • Options
    chloem18chloem18 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    hi i just got the sims 3 pets expansion pack and the graphics on it are really bad only on the pets not the sims cant see them properly when i play the game and looks like they have one massive eyeball i play it on my boyfriends pc as i am currently staying with him at the moment but im going to try see if its fine on my mums laptop his pc is a few year old but has amazing graphics in anything else mainly when he does him graphic design and it wont let me log into my online account before i play the sims it used to before but then my boyfriend ev kinda lost windows 7 for some reason and let me log in once and now it wont let me log back in doesnt say password or email incorrect just kinda pops back up so i can use anything i downloaded for it now in my games? how can i fix this because it lets me log into my origin account fine. thanks
  • Options
    ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just thought I'd add this info if it helps anyone. I have a desk top PC...HP Home Premium Windows 7. I've had it about 3 years or longer, can't remember exactly. I just upgraded my graphics card and power supply about 6 months ago. The original ones just made the game slower and less quality or graphics as more EP's came out (I have them all). I do believe that as the EP's are released they do require more than the basics listed on the base game.
    I now have
    graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    power supply: TR2 600W

It was a little expensive but I wanted to be able to run my game on all high settings with no problems even with future EP's.
    It works great. Now I've only made 1 dog and no cats but the ones in the game show up great. My horses sometimes have distorted manes and tails from a far out distance, but only occassionly. So I'm not sure at all that's graphics card, maybe a just a game glitch.
    Anyway hope the info helps someone looking for items that play the game well.
  • Options
    HolzReynoldsHolzReynolds Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Good afternoon!

Now, I bet many of you by this point have gone out and bought yourselves new graphics cards or even returned your pets, however I want to tell you the one thing that EA will not, it is NOT your graphics card!!!

Yes ladies and gents believe it or not it is NOT your fault that the sims 3 pets will not work, and although I have seen many fixes on the web, I stumbled upon one that made my jaw drop.

It was a blog (which appears to have been deleted since I first found it grrrrr) that had a revolutionary and radical view completely opposing everything that EA has been shoving down our throats about this game and how 'non-compatible' it is with our graphics cards.

A person who spoke very little English and lived outside of the US had come up with a very intensive fix that patched pets across several graphics cards (evidence provided on their site). This was a non-EA approved patch that before and after fixed the 'demon' animals. The one altercation to the patch however was that the creator put their logo into the sims loading screen which made the loading process a little bit more than annoyingly slow.

Back on the blog the writer concluded that even though the fix 'vanished' from the internet that it was indeed a toss-up on whether or not to use it to fix your game, on the one hand all of your pet problems were fixed, on the other it took more time to load the game (and if you are like me that is already a little longer than desired). The writer was also astonished that if 'one person could program a fix that [was] compatible to the game why couldn't EA come out with an actual release that did the same?'

If I remember correctly the game patch was created in Swedish, but as soon as I can track down the initial Blog again I WILL post it.

thank you :)

Have we heard any more about this theory?
    Only its hard to believe that its the graphics card when I have about 10 or so expansions and it's the only one with any problem, also it was the 2nd or 3rd one that I got so it cant be that ive put on too many games.
    I had expected there just to be a repair patch or something as the rest of my game runs perfectly
  • Options
    InvaderJEXInvaderJEX Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I have this glitch and got every patch and no fixes
  • Options
    jazeara11jazeara11 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited November 2013
    well I just got a brand new computer, it cost me $800 and im starting to just now have glitches, I removed every mod and cc I had to see if it would work to fix my cat and dog problem, but it made the horses have problems, so it seems to be even the newest graphic cards that the game is not compatible with as well, the more I play the worse it gets...
  • Options
    InvaderJEXInvaderJEX Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    i no longer have this bug you dont need an new graphics card just watch this video if you a an intel graphics card http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjpfdQpO4k4 this completely solved the bug
  • Options
    brandieLA17brandieLA17 Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    never mind
  • Options
    jellybeanz88jellybeanz88 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    NinjaPuppy wrote:
    glitch.png
    Go to my studio to see another example.

At first I thought it was just the drivers being out of date. After checking and upgrading what needed upgraded the demo was still as glitched as ever. It wasn't until a few days after that I found someone else with the same graphics chip, the Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, with the same issue. For me this sent up red flags. It could very well be just the demo, but there is a possibility it might be in game as well. The chip has played Sims 3 and all of the expansions, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just here to point out the possibility to anyone. That way if there is a problem it can hopefully get fixed. Having to end getting the new EPs because of a problem with a certain graphics card isn't exactly ideal. I will still be getting the game, but it'll feel like wasted money if this issue carries over.

On the bright side the other that had this same issue has Windows 7 and I have Vista. This means it isn't just a problem with Vista. Before anyone asks neither of us has any custom content so that isn't the problem.

Edit: G33/G31 Glitch - 4
    Nvidia GeForce 6200 Glitch - 1
    Nvidia GeForce 6150SE Glitch - 1
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 Glitch - 1

Edit2: It seems the Nvidea 6200 has a similar problem.

Edit3: The Nvidia GeForce 6150SE doesn't render the heads of the cats and dogs properly, instead going grey. The ones loaded upon selecting what to create/upon CAP start up seem fine though.

Edit4: The ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 doesn't work either.

Yup add another to the list. I have the Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family and all pets for me are distorted. :oops: :evil:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top