Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley 2

Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Sunset Valley 2

I was asked to make a flat, blank world to be used to build a world like in TS2. I wanted a distant terrain but did not want to have to make the map fit it so I used Sunset Valley_lite to make a world.

I tried to keep the feel of SSV because I think it's beautiful and did not change much; other then it being flat, I added a farming area with room for the largest lots and kept the waterfall on the hill.
This was fun because I did not have to terrain paint it much. :D

(Updated: This world has empty lots)
Base Game
All BG Spawners (out of the way)
151 lots
73.6 MB
Download http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7016943

large.jpg

Some pictures of the world.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

Happy Simming :D

Sunset Valley II without lots is uploaded to Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/95rzvrw10v5jk56/Sunset_Valley_2.Sims3Pack

The create a world files for Sunset Valley II: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw562cidcyq6mi4/SSV_II.zip
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2011
    This is awesome! Going to have fun filling up this world, thanks! (:
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2011
    Brilliant idea, MD!!

TS2 worlds were so ugly, but so much easier to place lots. I see your logic. And it works.

People always complain about placing lots with the world editor - well, now they can't complain in this world! :thumbup:
  • Options
    KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited August 2011
    This looks lovely! I'm downloading, for sure :D
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited August 2011
    Very nice, I really like it. DL'd and rec'd!
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2011
    Downloaded and off to explore and build.
    It may be some time before I get back. :wink:
  • Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh yummy!! Something to spend time on when I just want to build lots and such. Love it!! Thanks so much.
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited August 2011
    Love it, downloading it. Thanks!
  • Options
    EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have 2 complaints.

Fist of all, its a little too flat which makes the world uninteresting.

And this is kind of the same complaint, but why did you get rid of the cliff lots? Alot of people like to make cliff homes.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2011
    I love it.
    I have always wanted to do this.
    I have started a town with it, so far only the city hall and school.
    I'm making my town square so to say, where the road turns into a circle with the trees inside the circle, can't wait to add things.
    Thank you so much, very nice. Now I can put just what I want, my own houses and all. I put city hall on one side of the trees and the school on the other side facing each other.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thank you Magic Dancer. This will make Sunset Valley very Pets enabled for sure, so I am downloading and holding it for Pets for sure - plus i can use all my Venues that came with Town Life and from Hidden Springs too. Great idea and thanks for sharing.

Personally i am glad you got rid of those clifts as now we have more useable space for ranches and such.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Personally i am glad you got rid of those clifts as now we have more useable space for ranches and such.

There is already plenty of space for ranches, try using the edit in town mode.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2011
    Would love to if EA would fix it. It borks hoods. You use it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited August 2011
    I absolutely love it. I've been looking for more worlds like these. I'm downloading it now. :D
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:
    I have 2 complaints.
    And this is kind of the same complaint, but why did you get rid of the cliff lots? Alot of people like to make cliff homes.

If you actually read the first post, you can see that this world was a request for a FLAT blank world. Perhaps that's why the world is... you know, flat.

Personally I think its looks great MD. Thanks for sharing it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Pary wrote:
    If you actually read the first post, you can see that this world was a request for a FLAT blank world. Perhaps that's why the world is... you know, flat.

laughing-tap.gif Thanks for making my day with that response Pary!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Pary wrote:
    EN55 wrote:
    I have 2 complaints.

Weather or not it was requested, it still makes the world uninteresting, period.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Pary wrote:

laughing-tap.gif Thanks for making my day with that response Pary!

Laugh it up chuckles.
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    EN55 wrote:
    I have 2 complaints.

Weather or not it was requested, it still makes the world uninteresting, period.

I think you are the one who is uninteresting, uh I mean uninterested.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:

Laugh it up chuckles.

Oh believe me, I am. Thanks! :lol:

It's a great world and I think she did a great job fulfilling the request.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thank you. I am glad other people like it. Or not. :lol:

I realize not everyone will like or want to play a flat world. I kept the waterfall lot because the rocks would need to be removed to place a lot there and without the rocks it does not look right. :)

• Options
    edited August 2011
    DutchySim wrote:
    I think you are the one who is uninteresting

Really? and you would come to this conclusion about me by what, 3 posts I've made?
    uh I mean uninterested.

Obviously.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:
    Whether or not it was requested, it still makes the world uninteresting, period.

It may be so to you, but it was obviously something that the person who requested it wanted, and perhaps Magic Dancer thought that some other people, like the half dozen or so that thanked her in this thread, might also enjoy it.

Maybe you ought to go and find the original requester, and poke at them for requesting an uninteresting world, rather than come and criticise MD who generously took time to complete a world request.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thank you. I am glad other people like it. Or not. :lol:

I realize not everyone will like or want to play a flat world. I kept the waterfall lot because the rocks would need to be removed to place a lot there and without the rocks it does not look right. :)

Im not saying I dont like it, its just that I was hoping for a sunset valley rework that would fit my needs, and seeing that you got rid of the cliff lots, well was a deal breaker for me, sorry.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Pary wrote:
    EN55 wrote:
    Whether or not it was requested, it still makes the world uninteresting, period.

It may be so to you, but it was obviously something that the person who requested it wanted, and perhaps Magic Dancer thought that some other people, like the half dozen or so that thanked her in this thread, might also enjoy it.

Maybe you ought to go and find the original requester, and poke at them for requesting an uninteresting world, rather than come and criticise MD who generously took time to complete a world request.

You must be delusional. Its called constructive critisisum, don't get all defensive and butt hurt about it, there really is no need to.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:
    Pary wrote:
    EN55 wrote:

You must be delusional. Its called constructive critisisum, don't get all defensive and ***(OP edit) hurt about it, there really is no need to.

I understand and it is okay. You have made your point, will you please move on. I do not want my topic deleted. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top