Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited October 2011
    1993itzel wrote:
    i had no problem installing mine.
    1: go to https://www.thesims3.com/myAccount.html
    register your sims 3 pets.
    2:once your done go to my account.
    3:click on purchase history.
    the pet shop will appear and you must install it.

hope this work just as fast and easy for everyone
    i couldnt install the pet store cuz whenever i did it had a big red "NO" sign (just to tell you i installed the limited addition
  • Options
    mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before. Many posts to read. My question is...The code is 4 letter long/ 5 slots.But where I go to redeem my code it's 4 letters long and/ 4 slots. How do I put this in? never mind I didn't need the code. It was in my purchase history at the store. :oops:
  • Options
    MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited October 2011
    I pre-ordered Pets, installed, registered, downloaded the new "limited Bundle" (Grahams PetSwapShop); but it does NOT appear in my game at all.
    I tried my existing town, a new Apaloosa town; looked in the community lots area, and also the build mode (community lots building)... the VENUE and related items are not there, even though the launcher says 'installed' next to the object. Have been talking to chat supoprt and they say many customers are having this issue and they can not help me online via chat, so I should post here.
  • Options
    AnnakitsuneAnnakitsune Posts: 93 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MaxQBaker wrote:
    I pre-ordered Pets, installed, registered, downloaded the new "limited Bundle" (Grahams PetSwapShop); but it does NOT appear in my game at all.
    I tried my existing town, a new Apaloosa town; looked in the community lots area, and also the build mode (community lots building)... the VENUE and related items are not there, even though the launcher says 'installed' next to the object. Have been talking to chat supoprt and they say many customers are having this issue and they can not help me online via chat, so I should post here.

Thank you for posting that tid bit of information now that I know EA knows they screwed up (haha no surprise there) I don't have to waste 6 hours trying to contact them...
  • Options
    LaNellyxDLaNellyxD Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    mrln420 wrote:
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before. Many posts to read. My question is...The code is 4 letter long/ 5 slots.But where I go to redeem my code it's 4 letters long and/ 4 slots. How do I put this in? never mind I didn't need the code. It was in my purchase history at the store. :oops:

lol! i'm glad i'm not the only one who made that mistake xD i was so worried and freaken out when i couldn't find the petstore and the code i actually called in EA, turns out it was in my history too >.> :oops:
  • Options
    RayraynayRayraynay Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    i registered my game and didnt click get atomic age-themed pet items and i want to get them and i dont know how to get them now
  • Options
    gamer0711gamer0711 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I have tried multiple ways and I still can't seem to find my custom content. Wanted to see what this pet store was all about.
  • Options
    SoccerBabe22SoccerBabe22 Posts: 8
    edited October 2011
    So, i bought Pets Limited Edition, but have NO idea where to get the bonus content. Urg! HELP!!! :(
  • Options
    KeelyJinxKeelyJinx Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi guys,
    I was in the same boat as many of you: pre-ordered game, was fully patched, installed pets on clean install, downloaded pet store/extras....and the pet store was no where to be found. I honestly thought I was going crazy because I kept looking, and it simply wasn't there. My finace found this thread for me in his search to help me figure this out.

As a last-ditch effort before I got on the phone with customer service, I "decrapified" the file...and the pet store showed up no problem upon my next load.

Hope this helps. Good luck guys!
  • Options
    minnimushka12minnimushka12 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I just bought a limited edition of the game.. is it too late to install the pet shop? I have the code and stuff..
  • Options
    ozzyo18oozzyo18o Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Im having the same problem still cant get the sims pet shop to show up in the lot bin.I found out a problem under downloads i noticed its coming up as an object not a lot.This is why I believe im not able to find it in my edit town area.
  • Options
    cbijlcbijl Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I downloaded the Pet store but now can't find it in the game. Can you help me?
  • Options
    DirathegreatDirathegreat Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    they won't let me download the shop. every time i sign into my account they send me back to the store home page
  • Options
    jesstaylor666jesstaylor666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, so I've read like 12 threads about how to download the pet store. My issue is registering my game, I preordered (and installed) from Origin as a Direct Download. The Product Code listed on the information page of the game on Origin keeps coming up with this error:

"The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."

I've checked letters/numbers like 8 times to make sure I didn't mess up when typing, and I haven't. Has anyone gotten a DD from Origin to work with the Pet Store download?! I at least want to see it in my purchase history, from there I can figure out other issues as they arise, I just can't even see it in my history yet :(

Thanks,
    - Jess
  • Options
    comet65calicomet65cali Posts: 27 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I have the pet store, it shows up in the community lots folder.

HOWEVER. Even with that nice, convenient 20x30 empty lot in Appaloosa Plains, zoned to be a "Pet Store" community lot, the game will not let me place the pet store ANYWHERE in the world.
  • Options
    role710role710 Posts: 18
    edited October 2011
    so of course i decided to buy the digital pets limited edition version and downloaded the game and all and wanted my limited edition items so i went and tried to register on the website yet it keeps telling me the code i have is invalid, what the heck am i suppose to do now?? HELP PLEASE~!
  • Options
    jesstaylor666jesstaylor666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited October 2011
    role710 wrote:
    so of course i decided to buy the digital pets limited edition version and downloaded the game and all and wanted my limited edition items so i went and tried to register on the website yet it keeps telling me the code i have is invalid, what the heck am i suppose to do now?? HELP PLEASE~!

Thank God I'm not the only one with this issue! I read on another thread that EA sent out like a TON of invalid codes, even for the disc games, hopefully they'll fix the issue soon, if it's not resolved by tomorrow night though I'm going to contact them to see what they say. It's stupid that only the people with physical discs can register their games (so far that's all I've seen anyway).

- Jess
  • Options
    nidaa93nidaa93 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Wait so I have a mac, and I downloaded the limited addition pets. Does this mean I can't get those 10 extra pets?
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hadn't been for SimGruHedra I would not have known how to download my pet store, thanks for clearing up that issue!
  • Options
    LadieJewelzLadieJewelz Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2011
    oops multiple message. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    oops. once again. sorry guys. :oops:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I have the pet store, it shows up in the community lots folder.

HOWEVER. Even with that nice, convenient 20x30 empty lot in Appaloosa Plains, zoned to be a "Pet Store" community lot, the game will not let me place the pet store ANYWHERE in the world.

Hey comet65cali, someone had posted previously that the lot had to be 30x20 in order for the pet store to be placed. I tried it on a 30x40 and it worked fine. Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    MnMLoviesMnMLovies Posts: 16
    edited October 2011
    Ok so I've found my pet store in the purchase history as everyone has said to do. I click to dl it and my launcher comes up but isn't downloading it? Help? :(

Edit: It's finally downloaded after 6 or so tries and i've installed it but i already see another issue i'll face. It downloaded as an object, any way i can change this?
  • Options
    nanitoreinanitorei Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    im sorry if someone had already asked this D:
    but for how long will the limited edition be available in the origin store?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, so I installed Pets and have downloaded the LTD Edition pet store and pet bed, but where are the ten extra outfits? I didn't see them in my Purchase History. Are they already in my game somehow? I'm confused.

For what it's worth, I didn't use the separate code for the extra items. I followed the link but was never prompted to enter it. Instead, I was sent over the the Store. Is that how is was supposed to work?

Edited to add: for those of you who purchased the Limited Edition, once you register your EP, the bonus items should show up in your Purchase History in the EA Store. Look for them there.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top