Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2011
    EA knows this, they are working on it. be patient.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    shaneandambershaneandamber Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    The pet shop sows up in the order history but it will not download into the game it just says that there is an error and to check the log i spent 2 hrs with cust service and they couldnt help AT ALL... i guess we have to wait! Thanks EA
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    edited October 2011
    you would think EA would have checked all this out before hand... Why am I not surpised...
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone! The Limited Edition Pet Store should be available for download now. Please give it another try... thanks for your patience :mrgreen:

It's really cool, I'm excited for people to get it :wink:
  • Options
    skittles97skittles97 Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    is the limited edition pet store called grahams pet swap shop with a green roof and what about the code?
  • Options
    SkygraveSkygrave Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone! The Limited Edition Pet Store should be available for download now. Please give it another try... thanks for your patience :mrgreen:

It's really cool, I'm excited for people to get it :wink:

Yay! Thank you for informing us. It worked perfectly.
  • Options
    eddawgeddawg Posts: 12 New Member
    edited October 2011
    where do you find it ingame? i was able to download and install it.. when i go to edit town i cannot find it :(
  • Options
    penny1w2penny1w2 Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2011
    my code will not work for the limited edition content.only for the game.. i think its working now
  • Options
    xoxohloxoxxoxohloxox Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    today i got the limited version of sims3 pets. i followed the instructions to get the exclusive item and pet shop, but the only thing i found was the bed. where can i find the pet shop?
  • Options
    terroronscreenterroronscreen Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    eddawg wrote:
    where do you find it ingame? i was able to download and install it.. when i go to edit town i cannot find it :(

I cannot find it in game either, I downloaded and installed it as well, where do I look for it??
  • Options
    rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited October 2011
    OK I pre ordered a week ago and in amazon it said it was the limited edition BUT it says I will only get the game on october 25th. Do I still get the pet store I pre ordered because of this and plz answer me fast because I have to see if I have cancel my order and run to wallmart and also in amazon the tittle says only the sims 3 pets but in the picture it says limited edition and in the description it also says"Only in The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition will you find a pet store filled with one-of-a-kind objects." and here is the website for more information http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0054IV0A2
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited October 2011
    eddawg wrote:

I cannot find it in game either, I downloaded and installed it as well, where do I look for it??

It is in the same area where you would find community lot buildings & parks.
  • Options
    xMegrinxxMegrinx Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    It isn't under my community lots, or anywhere else. Is anyone else having a problem with the download showing up in game?
  • Options
    twilightluver96twilightluver96 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Have any of you looked in the store after registering the EP? Someone just mentioned on the UK forum that they heard it appears in your purchase lit after registration.

For the registers, they will come with the download of the pet shop, they are not on the disk.

OMG!!! Thank you so much! I couldn't find it! It won't download though :/ Is that a bug?
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited October 2011
    xMegrinx wrote:
    It isn't under my community lots, or anywhere else. Is anyone else having a problem with the download showing up in game?

xmlut1.jpg

This is taken from edit town and on Show Community Lot tab shows the pet store in the very end on the left.

Here's the pet store that I placed in Sunset Valley:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited October 2011
    OK I pre ordered a week ago and in amazon it said it was the limited edition BUT it says I will only get the game on october 25th. Do I still get the pet store I pre ordered because of this and plz answer me fast because I have to see if I have cancel my order and run to wallmart and also in amazon the tittle says only the sims 3 pets but in the picture it says limited edition and in the description it also says"Only in The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition will you find a pet store filled with one-of-a-kind objects." and here is the website for more information http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0054IV0A2 PLZ IM DESPERATE
  • Options
    ariette13ariette13 Posts: 64
    edited October 2011
    can someone please answer my question on sims 3 pets? PLEASE?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/448391.page#6682723

I will love you forever!

-also in line with EA live chat help :\ see if they do anything for me
  • Options
    corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Got it, thanks.

It showed up at the very top of the list on the Show Community Lots tab (bench icon) in Edit Town, in the Select menu. That's where one normally finds community lots for placement. Pardon this but it's for the benefit of those still confused:

screenie_petshop.jpg

Hope that helps anyone who's still confused figure out how to find it. A lot of people got Sims 3 for the first time in a bundle with Pets, so here's for them. For those who haven't edited Sims 3 towns before: You'll need to create a 30x20 lot for it using the editing icon (pencil on paper left of the bulldozer) to place a lot. Keep looking for a spot where the lot turns green, and once you place it, click it and re-zone it as an appropriate community lot (the half-house, half-bench icon you'll see once the blank lot is placed and you click it for information). I'm sure if I'm unclear on that someone will correct me. :D Good luck.

Thanks for taking care of that, sims folks, look forward to actually messing around with it when I have actual time to play again :P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It is still not showing up in my game. I went to edit town, and to show community lots tab, and the pet shop does not exist. I have all of the new buildings available for placement, and all of the buildings from all of the other expansions/stuff packs, but not this pet shop.

Also, I have been playing the Sims 3 since it came out, I know how to add community lots...when I tell you it doesn't exist, it really does NOT exist in my game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.
  • Options
    corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    xMegrinx wrote:
    It is still not showing up in my game. I went to edit town, and to show community lots tab, and the pet shop does not exist. I have all of the new buildings available for placement, and all of the buildings from all of the other expansions/stuff packs, but not this pet shop.

Ouch. Sounds like some of us were luckier than others. Might want to give more information about which version of the game you're using, etc, in case those who can't get the pet shop working have something in common? Hope it's resolved soon. :/

edit: This is something I've found a lot of people forget especially after a hard day's trouble downloading something-- did you make sure you installed the content from the launcher before you started the game? Might want to double-check that. And nobody's assuming you are, in particular, a new player just because you're having a problem. There are a lot of people who are actually really confused because they're completely new to the sims is all. Sorry if I touched a nerve trying to help them, but no insult intended.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled twice via the sims 3 launcher. I haven't had a long day of trying to download...I just got home about an hour ago. :/

Btw, no insult, I know there are always new players. Just frustrating a bit...I feel like every time something new comes out for the Sims, there's a week of problem solving associated with it. Maybe it's because I have all the stuff packs and all the expansion packs...my game is exploding from too many items!
  • Options
    QuasimodQuasimod Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I got my limited edition at walmart without pre-ordering. lol. Thats all they had
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Finally showing up. Took another fresh uninstall through sims 3 launcher, reboot of my computer, re-download of the pet store, reinstall of petstore through sims 3 launcher, edit town before selecting a family to play. Very excited to mess around with this. Thanks corvusdei for the help!
  • Options
    1993itzel1993itzel Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    i had no problem installing mine.
    1: go to https://www.thesims3.com/myAccount.html
    register your sims 3 pets.
    2:once your done go to my account.
    3:click on purchase history.
    the pet shop will appear and you must install it.

hope this work just as fast and easy for everyone
  • Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited October 2011
    hi i need some help. ok i downloaded the limited addition game and its on my page saying i downloaded pets BUT when i go to the menu like where that big play button is (>) it doesnt say i downloaded pets! i need help i downloaded the digital download (my 1st time) and its not on my game launcher! it just says all the games i got but not pets can i have some assistance plz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top