Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    rwolfenn001rwolfenn001 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2011
    I keep getting "there was an error during download, please check the log" when I try to download the pet store. Yes the game is installed, and the game is registered.

I don't know how to access the log for the Sims 3.

What can I do to fix this?
    Thanks
  • Options
    bmac840bmac840 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MnMLovies wrote:
    Ok so I've found my pet store in the purchase history as everyone has said to do. I click to dl it and my launcher comes up but isn't downloading it? Help? :(

Edit: It's finally downloaded after 6 or so tries and i've installed it but i already see another issue i'll face. It downloaded as an object, any way i can change this?

I am having the same issue... I have it in my game but I dont have a cash register, Ive ried re downloading it and it keeps doing the same thing... HELP!

Also are we supposed to be able to zone community lots as "pet Stores"? if so I dont even have the option...
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2011
    KeelyJinx wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I was in the same boat as many of you: pre-ordered game, was fully patched, installed pets on clean install, downloaded pet store/extras....and the pet store was no where to be found. I honestly thought I was going crazy because I kept looking, and it simply wasn't there. My finace found this thread for me in his search to help me figure this out.

As a last-ditch effort before I got on the phone with customer service, I "decrapified" the file...and the pet store showed up no problem upon my next load.

Hope this helps. Good luck guys!

No this does not help. I have followed all the directions for downloading the pet store. My launcher says I have downloaded and installed it. The pet store appears no where in my community lots library in game. I have no idea what it means to "decrapify" a file. This is a completely new term to me and have no idea what you are talking about.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    umzcorgiumzcorgi Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I followed the instructions and registered my game like it said to, but the site threw an error code. It now shows my game to be registered, but none of the goodies from the limited edition are showing up in my Purchase History. Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MaxQBaker wrote:
    I pre-ordered Pets, installed, registered, downloaded the new "limited Bundle" (Grahams PetSwapShop); but it does NOT appear in my game at all.
    I tried my existing town, a new Apaloosa town; looked in the community lots area, and also the build mode (community lots building)... the VENUE and related items are not there, even though the launcher says 'installed' next to the object. Have been talking to chat supoprt and they say many customers are having this issue and they can not help me online via chat, so I should post here.

I have the identical problem. Launcher says it is installed but it appears no where in my community lots library.
  • Options
    poloponypolopony Posts: 25
    edited October 2011
    hello, can someone please help me i downloaded it and it was in my launcher so i installed it. it says that all my items and the pet shop are installed but i cant find them in my game anywhere!!!!!

does anyone know how to fix it or where i can find my objects and pet store.
  • Options
    BlasphemieBlasphemie Posts: 246 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sincerbox wrote:
    MaxQBaker wrote:
    I pre-ordered Pets, installed, registered, downloaded the new "limited Bundle" (Grahams PetSwapShop); but it does NOT appear in my game at all.
    I tried my existing town, a new Apaloosa town; looked in the community lots area, and also the build mode (community lots building)... the VENUE and related items are not there, even though the launcher says 'installed' next to the object. Have been talking to chat supoprt and they say many customers are having this issue and they can not help me online via chat, so I should post here.

I have the identical problem. Launcher says it is installed but it appears no where in my community lots library.

ditto. Anyone help?

I downloaded the petstore. It shows in my downlands. And install list. I have stuff from the store so I am not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I've done it before :)

But the petstore is no where in my game. It isn't listed in community lots or anywhere.

Also on my download list it shows it under objects and not lots which I thought was strange...

• Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited October 2011
    the pet store isn't showing up in my purchase history anyone know what to do?
  • Options
    BlasphemieBlasphemie Posts: 246 New Member
    edited October 2011
    andinic28 wrote:

did you register the game on the website? Under your account there will be an option to register games. After you do that it should show up there.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Blasphemie wrote:
    andinic28 wrote:

did you register the game on the website? Under your account there will be an option to register games. After you do that it should show up there.

Yes I did and it shows on my page that Pets is registered but no pet store :(
  • Options
    umzcorgiumzcorgi Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Blasphemie wrote:
    andinic28 wrote:

I'm having the same problem and I did register the game on the site. It shows up under my registered games as well. I just don't have the pet store or anything
  • Options
    jesstaylor666jesstaylor666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Anyone have any clue how to register DD games from Origin? I can't get the Product Code to work on the "My Account" option to register a game. I checked out help & it told me to go to a site on EA, but that's not working either, just wondering if there's any other way to get the game registered, I just want my pet store :(
  • Options
    Carmelkisses416Carmelkisses416 Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    Not sure if anyone figured out this problem yet because this thread has a lot of pages to go through. I purchased the Limited Edition, disk version, installed and registered my game, and I have no pet store in my community lots. I didn't have any errors while registering at all. I went to my Purchase History and there was nothing there about the pet store. I was able to install the Atomic age themed items but thats it.I also looked in my objects, no pet store there either.

Please help!!!!! :?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not sure if anyone figured out this problem yet because this thread has a lot of pages to go through. I purchased the Limited Edition, disk version, installed and registered my game, and I have no pet store in my community lots. I didn't have any errors while registering at all. I went to my Purchase History and there was nothing there about the pet store. I was able to install the Atomic age themed items but thats it.I also looked in my objects, no pet store there either.

I guess I'll have to have my hubby call EA when he gets home and he won't be very nice to them lol :lol:
  • Options
    Carmelkisses416Carmelkisses416 Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    ok so the pet store just popped up in my purchase history. guess it takes a couple hours smh.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Blasphemie wrote:
    Sincerbox wrote:
    MaxQBaker wrote:

ditto. Anyone help?

I downloaded the petstore. It shows in my downlands. And install list. I have stuff from the store so I am not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I've done it before :)

But the petstore is no where in my game. It isn't listed in community lots or anywhere.

I found the solution (for me at least) in this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/449154.page

Using the game launcher I went to the Installed Content tab and found the Pet Shop. Uninstall it. Then going to the download tab delete it from there. If you have downloaded it multiple times like I did trying to install it make sure you delete all instances of the pet shop from the download list. Then download it again from your purchase history list in your account and re-install it.
  • Options
    rwolfenn001rwolfenn001 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2011

The pet store is there for me, but it won't download correctly, and the Atomic Age themed items are nowhere to be found in my Purchase History.
  • Options
    skh1105skh1105 Posts: 21
    edited October 2011
    how come when i click on it to download in purchase history it does nothing, doesnt ask me to launch the application..nothing. if it has something to do with my internet security please help me troubleshoot that.
    it works on my PC but not my laptop. But on my PC i dont have pets to that causes an error. and no i cant get pets on my PC because it wont fit. only option it laptop. if anyone knows please get back to me. ive called EA but they arnt sure.
  • Options
    nekoyashainunekoyashainu Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So this is prolly a really dumb question, but if i buy the sims 3 pets plus edition from origin, and it says downloadable--direct download, that means i will NOT have to go buy a cd for it also right?--i could just download and have the full game?(pets expansion i mean) i guess it would make sense since i would already be paying 50$ but i keep second guessing myself >.<
  • Options
    CharlyeStubbsCharlyeStubbs Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Actual Problem:

There is no cash register in my LE petshop... only a microwave where I THINK the register should be... I cant make or buy pets here like I am supposed to be able to do.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Q: What is included with The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
    A: The Limited Edition comes with...
    • "Graham's Pet Swap Shop" - a pre-built Pet Store lot that you can place in any Sims 3 world.
    • A cash register that enables you to set a community lot in your world to the Pet Store venue type, allowing you to build your own Pet Stores.
    • Ten bonus objects to enhance your pets lives. This includes a palm tree scratching post, a luxurious pet bed with a canopy, a new outdoor pet house, additional horse race training equipment, an adorably over-sized turtle shell for cats to hide inside, paw print windows and doors to build your home with, and more!

So does anybody know where we can get the ten bonus objects? I registered my EP and entered the second code to get the Pet Store and Atomic Pet Bed, but what do I have to do to get the ten bonus objects?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MaxQBaker wrote:

I finally got it! I don't know if they updated something or w/e, but I just uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and voila it showed up. :-)

RBL
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jesstaylor666jesstaylor666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So this is prolly a really dumb question, but if i buy the sims 3 pets plus edition from origin, and it says downloadable--direct download, that means i will NOT have to go buy a cd for it also right?--i could just download and have the full game?(pets expansion i mean) i guess it would make sense since i would already be paying 50$ but i keep second guessing myself >.<

It's a direct download so you'll never need a disc again :) (It's great if you always forget/lose your discs like me) My only issue right now is registering the game from Origin to get the LE stuff for Pets, but I'm hoping to resolve it by tomorrow. Hope this helps!

- Jess
  • Options
    nekoyashainunekoyashainu Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011

It's a direct download so you'll never need a disc again :) (It's great if you always forget/lose your discs like me) My only issue right now is registering the game from Origin to get the LE stuff for Pets, but I'm hoping to resolve it by tomorrow. Hope this helps!

- Jess

oh thats awesome, this helped alot, thank you so much!!
  • Options
    poloponypolopony Posts: 25
    edited October 2011
    how do you use the pets register on the sims 3 i cant get it to work in my own pet shop???? it just says store closed when i click on it
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top