Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited October 2011
    Maybe they should have called the Pet Store a Pet Supplies Store :( . I was hoping and thinking that you should actually sell puppies an buy puppies. That would have been so fun. Either way, I am still happy with what we get. :D

I wasn't really hoping for a pet store per se but maybe a local animal shelter where you could adopt animals. Still haven't figured out where you get them if there is no place to buy/adopt them.
  • CloudyLuikCloudyLuik Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2011
    Maybe they should have called the Pet Store a Pet Supplies Store :( . I was hoping and thinking that you should actually sell puppies an buy puppies. That would have been so fun. Either way, I am still happy with what we get. :D

I wasn't really hoping for a pet store per se but maybe a local animal shelter where you could adopt animals. Still haven't figured out where you get them if there is no place to buy/adopt them.

I think we will be able to call/computer and get pets, like adoption. Also i know for sure we will be able to find them around town and befriend them to get them to come into your household.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    edited October 2011
    Hi all - I've just edited the original post in this thread with some additional information for those of you who are about to purchase The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition! Please keep this in mind!

Q: I've purchased The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition - how do I download the bonus content?
    A: Please follow the basic instructions that came with your copy of the game. Two important things must be done before downloading your Limited Edition content. You must register your copy of The Sims 3 Pets, and you must have The Sims 3 Pets installed on the computer you're attempting to download to. If you haven't already installed The Sims 3 Pets, you'll receive an error message when attempting to download the Limited Edition content.
  • AshleyB751AshleyB751 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited October 2011
    for those who preordered via orgin when should we recieve that email qualifying us for the stuff pack?
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi all - I've just edited the original post in this thread with some additional information for those of you who are about to purchase The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition! Please keep this in mind!

Q: I've purchased The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition - how do I download the bonus content?
    A: Please follow the basic instructions that came with your copy of the game. Two important things must be done before downloading your Limited Edition content. You must register your copy of The Sims 3 Pets, and you must have The Sims 3 Pets installed on the computer you're attempting to download to. If you haven't already installed The Sims 3 Pets, you'll receive an error message when attempting to download the Limited Edition content.

Was I supposed to register the game using the code on the red card. if so that is not very clear. I used the code from the installation guide the way i always do. the card says to go topetsredeem and enter unique code. where on that page do i enter the code. i keep getting an error when i try to download the pet shop. but the atomic age-themed pet items downloaded just fine. :cry:
    edited October 2011
    I have the game installed, I registered it using the code on the back of the install guide. I got the atomic-Items. Yet the pet shop comes up with Error check log. What log is it talking about? Do i have to have the pet shop to get the cash register or is that apart of the game already? Was i supposed to use the unique code to register my game? cause it does not say that on the card. :cry:
    edited October 2011
    I have the game installed, I registered it using the code on the back of the install guide. I got the atomic-Items. Yet the pet shop comes up with Error check log. What log is it talking about? Do i have to have the pet shop to get the cash register or is that apart of the game already? Was i supposed to use the unique code to register my game? cause it does not say that on the card. :cry:Sorry i did not mean to triple post.
  • jenbot87jenbot87 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same issue. The atomic pets pack downloaded perfectly, but I get an error message every time I try downloading the pet shop. :(
  • taneeshagtaneeshag Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Ok so I followed the instructions..did the patch 1st..downloaded and installed pets..activated the code for the petshop and it went through..PROBLEM is, an error keeps popping up when i try to download the pet shop!!! Whyyyyy why why why whhhyyyy????
  • AaronirosAaroniros Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    I bought the download for sims 3 pets limited edition. -.- i don't have an install guide and i don't have any special codes. Does that mean i waited 3 months just for a regular copy of the sims 3 pets T.T
    edited October 2011
    Aaroniros wrote:
    I bought the download for sims 3 pets limited edition. -.- i don't have an install guide and i don't have any special codes. Does that mean i waited 3 months just for a regular copy of the sims 3 pets T.T

From what I heard they are supposed to e-mail you the codes.
  • Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay I used the code from my e-mail to get the extra content but it tells me there was an error during download to see the log for details. What am I supposed to do. Also I order the limited edition and that was supposed to come with exclusive skins for the pets and I do not have this in my game even though it clearly says limited edition on my origin game list. This was a dd. Please help.
    edited October 2011
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    Okay I used the code from my e-mail to get the extra content but it tells me there was an error during download to see the log for details. What am I supposed to do. Also I order the limited edition and that was supposed to come with exclusive skins for the pets and I do not have this in my game even though it clearly says limited edition on my origin game list. This was a dd. Please help.

I think all of that comes as part of the petshop. But right now no one seems to be able to download it.
  • ZeulaZeula Posts: 506 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I havent gotten an option to download my limited edition content even though that's what I purchased. I registered my game, have it installed, but can't find where to download the pet shop or other content. Someone please help!
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited October 2011
    Have any of you looked in the store after registering the EP? Someone just mentioned on the UK forum that they heard it appears in your purchase lit after registration.

For the registers, they will come with the download of the pet shop, they are not on the disk.
  • corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, same here, Origin pre-order, redeemed the code, tried to download the pet store from my purchase history and keep getting an error. Anyone know where the log it keeps referring to actually is?

Yes, I've tried making sure the launcher is off before I start the download, no difference. I think they just screwed this up-- has anyone managed to get the pet store who had a digital download?
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had a digital download and registered and I can't get my content. I want it its the whole reason I went through the hell of per-ordering with Origin and doing a digital download to ensure that I'd get.

I am so tight right now.
  • corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited October 2011
    OK, so I just got off live chat about the pet store download, and here's the deal:

First thing they told me was to completely uninstall and reinstall Origin as well as all the game content. DO NOT DO THAT if you are told to, that will not help in this situation.

I said I wasn't about to do that unless someone had already reported the error and applied that fix, and found it had actually solved the problem. I told him since I've never had any CC or mods, that all the content I downloaded from the store today (including old registration gifts) installed perfectly well, and since I had yet to find a single Origin customer who reported having downloaded the content properly, I had a strong suspicion that the problem was not with my installation but with the download itself. He left to check on this more thoroughly for quite some time.

When he returned he said I was right, that there appeared to be an issue, and asked me to allow more time for them to fix it. I said it would be nice if EA would give us an update on this issue ASAP, but that I understood launch issues.

So, that's what support told me, for what it was worth-- Origin users, I'd hang tight and not try to fix anything until there's more information available from EA.
  • LadieJewelzLadieJewelz Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for the info corvusdei. I was about to do that whole reinstall method until I read your post. I also had no problems with the costumes download or the atomic one, just the pet shop. BTW does anyone know where is the log? Thank you.
  • bibmibibmi Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2011
    Exact same issue as everyone else here. Pet shop is in my purchase history...try to download it and get the 'error log' nonsense.

Here's the kicker...if I go into shop mode ingame, I see something that appears to the pet shop, but it is in...scandinavian (norwegian, I think due to the o with the score through it).
  • LendyyenLendyyen Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2011
    The log file is in the documents folder where your save files are. It is called "Sims3launcherlogfile.log". The problem is with the download. It isn't ready for downloading yet. If you get as far as downloading it in game then you will be able to see it in your purchase history. Unlike other items in your purchase history, it cannot be clicked on. You can click on the "Download" button but you will get the error again. My guess is the file hasn't been activated on the server yet or it has been activated incorrectly. Also, I keep getting that patch available message every time I try to download it in game. Anyone else getting that?
  • SkygraveSkygrave Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Edit: Oops, I see now. I apologize for that.

Now we just have to wait for the pet store to actually be released?
  • ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited October 2011
    when i try to download the pet store I get "there was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details." it is in my purchase history, but i cant download it.
  • LadieJewelzLadieJewelz Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2011
    Lendyyen wrote:
    The log file is in the documents folder where your save files are. It is called "Sims3launcherlogfile.log". The problem is with the download. It isn't ready for downloading yet. If you get as far as downloading it in game then you will be able to see it in your purchase history. Unlike other items in your purchase history, it cannot be clicked on. You can click on the "Download" button but you will get the error again. My guess is the file hasn't been activated on the server yet or it has been activated incorrectly. Also, I keep getting that patch available message every time I try to download it in game. Anyone else getting that?

Thanks for the info. I am also getting the patch available. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just waited:?: . Well, I hope it gets fixed soon cuz if not, there was really no point to pre-order. Just wanted to add the log file error:

2011/09/22|23:51:12|OFB-SIM3:18172|Store Download Failure. User is not entitled to item.|We're sorry, but you do not own the item you are trying to download. Please visit www.thesims3.com for more information about purchasing this item.|||Build Version: 9.0.73.012017|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|

The funny thing is that my LE Pets is already registered and like most people I pre-ordered from Origin and have the digital download.
  • ElderGamer1ElderGamer1 Posts: 132 Member
    edited October 2011
    I see the Pet Store in my Purchase History but since just after midnight I have been trying to download it and my Log File says:
    Download manifest server error.||||
    2011/10/18|14:55:56|OFB-SIM3:41103|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 10.0.96.013001|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|

I registered my Game right away. Origin does not show the Game still but it did the same thin with the Town Stuff until it put out a new Version. Any Help please?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top