Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited August 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    If you're not allowed to talk, then fine I understand, but at least acknowledge us and say that unfortunately you're unable to comment.

That's pretty much where I'm at at this point Darkslayer. I'm happy to answer questions from anyone about the availability or content of the Limited Edition with the information that's available to me, but I can't get into it with you guys if you choose to air your grievances here beyond offering constructive criticism - which we do take into account.

There's nothing listed in my job responsibilities about getting on our forums and interacting with the community. I'm here of my own volition because I enjoy talking to players, and have my own personal desire to provide information and answer questions to the fans that have such a hand in the success of The Sims.

It's by no means lost on me that players are upset. The Q&A as stands is valid, and has always specifically referenced that details regarding availability in many regions is still being finalized, and that ultimately the availability of the Limited Edition is contingent on participating retailers. I realize people like to focus on the answer regarding it being offered online and in-stores, but the Q&A should be taken as a whole and not read piecemeal.
  • Options
    23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Can anyone answer this for me? Thanks. I was wondering about this picture I found on the internet. http://mac.ign.com/dor/objects/110474/the-sims-3-pets/images/tba-the-sims-3-pets-20110603003216944.html?page=mediaFull I was wondering if this is what the animals will look like on the PC game OR the console game OR both? Will they have fur like this on the PC game?

And I also was wondering about the trailer. Near the end it shows a wolf-like dog digging for treasure and I was wondering if that is the PC version.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    If you're not allowed to talk, then fine I understand, but at least acknowledge us and say that unfortunately you're unable to comment.

That's pretty much where I'm at at this point Darkslayer. I'm happy to answer questions from anyone about the availability or content of the Limited Edition with the information that's available to me, but I can't get into it with you guys if you choose to air your grievances here beyond offering constructive criticism - which we do take into account.

There's nothing listed in my job responsibilities about getting on our forums and interacting with the community. I'm here of my own volition because I enjoy talking to players, and have my own personal desire to provide information and answer questions to the fans that have such a hand in the success of The Sims.

It's by no means lost on me that players are upset. The Q&A as stands is valid, and has always specifically referenced that details regarding availability in many regions is still being finalized, and that ultimately the availability of the Limited Edition is contingent on participating retailers. I realize people like to focus on the answer regarding it being offered online and in-stores, but the Q&A should be taken as a whole and not read piecemeal.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I appreciate that this may have been the wrong thread to take this to in the first place but I have some very genuine concerns regarding the limited edition of the game and its availability in the UK versus what we were originally told.

If you're not able to provide any more information on the matter then that's OK but with all due respect I will continue to air my complaints because I feel that things should have been made clearer from the get-go about the availablility of the Limited Edition and ultimately that is my main complaint about this that the initial information we were given never made any mention to it referring exclusively to America but I will leave this thread alone.

I'm just glad that you acknowledged me. I was feeling rather ignored and was beginning to lose my temper. Would you have any suggestions for who I ought to take this to? I just want some kind of apology issued to us here in the UK and anybody else who isn't being offered the same kind of open deal that was originally stated in the newsfeed and offered to America. I think that it's the least we deserve due to the misleading nature of the original announcement concerning the Limited Edition.

I really don't want to disrupt this community any further, but I can't just let this go, y'know?

Again, thank you for the response :) I'll bow out of this thread now but I'm not about to give up on this, I hope you understand.
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    The Q&A as stands is valid, and has always specifically referenced that details regarding availability in many regions is still being finalized, and that ultimately the availability of the Limited Edition is contingent on participating retailers. I realize people like to focus on the answer regarding it being offered online and in-stores, but the Q&A should be taken as a whole and not read piecemeal.

You know as well as we do that the bit about participating retailers wasn't there at the start. That was edited later on, after we complained. Note* from the OP This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/06/11 22:24

As DarkSlayer said, who can we approach about this? We do understand your position but you also have to understand ours. Do you know the Belgians are now starting to blow, oh and the Dutch, it won't be long till you have a riot on your hands. Please remember that we tried to point out the issues of limited access to the LE from an early date.

I don't think I've been anything but constructive in my comments. I have tried on several occasions to suggest how this an be fixed and have been ignored.

If you can't tell us who to approach, can you report back to them for us?

You might think you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but at the end of the day, we are the ones going without an EP to our game, an EP which is very badly needed. The issue is with the Pet store, if this were another item like a car or something, we wouldn't complain, this is gameplay and that's not something that should be in an LE, especially something as restricted as this.

• Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited August 2011
    You know as well as we do that the bit about participating retailers wasn't there at the start. That was edited later on, after we complained. Note* from the OP This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/06/11 22:24

Fluttereyes, that is false information, and I have to request that you stop spreading it as a means to incite other players. As you can see, I edited the Q&A four minutes after it was originally posted - well before anyone posted a reply to the thread. If I recall correctly, I needed to edit in a picture of the pet store that would display properly.

The Q&A has always specifically said that the availability of the Limited Edition is dependent on the retailers that offer it in each region.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2011
    Actually I do have one more question (sorry! - see, I feel bad for hassling you now ^_^; ); there is concern about the availability of the Limited Edition over in Belgium.

They know they can get it from Origin but seem to have been told by a guru over in Belgium that they won't be getting a physical version of the game (you might've seen the thread already), are you able to say whether this is true or not? Or have things not been finalised over there yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Fluttereyes, that is false information, and I have to request that you stop spreading it as a means to incite other players. As you can see, I edited the Q&A four minutes after it was originally posted - well before anyone posted a reply to the thread. If I recall correctly, I needed to edit in a picture of the pet store that would display properly.

Ah right, I get you. I have no idea then why we didn't realise this would be exclusive to play.com for us then, or why we had to be told it was just the States that the original declaration "you will be able to get it in shops"m why were we all confused on that? I just vaguely remember on this thread being told that the information would need to be edited as it was causing us confusion. Also, the retailers that offer it was a misconception for us, as no other retailers can offer it as it's exclusive to play.com. Sorry you're the one taking the flak for this, but you are the one in the front line.

The only thing that is inciting other players is the lack of information and responses, I have nothing to do with that.

Yes I realise that you are in a bad position, but still I wonder why you didn't answer the questions I asked, and DarkSlayer asked, who do we write to to make a formal complaint about this?

There's no point turning this back on us, we didn't create the situation. I'm sure you can understand that if we had got the answers to the questions we've been asking earlier, then it wouldn't have gone this far. I'm sure you can also see that we are being flamed on these posts by people who don't have the same issues as us.

Again, I'll say that I have suggested workarounds for this, and I have no idea why they are being ignored without even being considered.
    Q: Is the Limited Edition exclusive to EA's Origin service?
    A: No. Although we'd love for you to try out our new Origin service, it is not exclusive to Origin. The availability of the Limited Edition will be on a per retailer basis if they choose to offer it to their customers. Please continue to check their websites and express your desire to purchase the Limited Edition to your preferred retailer.

I did that in writing to Game UK but they are unable to carry it because it's exclusive to play.com
    Q: Will my favorite retailer be selling the Limited Edition?
    A: It is up to individual retailers if they decide to sell the Limited Edition. Please check your favorite retailer’s website to see if they mention the Limited Edition content. If you don’t see the Limited Edition content listed, let them know that you would like them to offer the Limited Edition for sale.

Nope, Game UK are unable to offer it on a per retailer basis as it's exclusive to play.com.

How can it be up to each retailer when the chance to stock it has been taken away from them? These are the bits that need to be fixed and it would be nice if they were explained. Why was play.com given this and other retailers cut out of the running?
    Q: Do I have to purchase online to get the Limited Edition?
    A: No. The Limited Edition will be available both online and in physical retail stores.

How can you have that on the Q&A without writing in the USA only. This is an international site and therefore whatever is written on it i s for all people who are reading it. We don't have it available in stores and you know it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Holy goodness! What is the matter? Didn't they just say that it is possible for you to get the LE?!?!?! Then just chill!!!!! I think you guys are all over reacting.... it's not like it is going to kill you to not have it. Maybe I am not getting the whole picture here, if so I will just stay out of your buisness but I think you should not be so hard on these people! They did bring you The Sims after all! :lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    caitlinx00caitlinx00 Posts: 170 Member
    edited August 2011

SimGuruSemedi - Thanks very much for responding to us. I realise that you've been put in a very difficult position, and that you can't give us any answers without permission. I'm sorry for taking out my frustrations on you when you're doing the best you can, and I know it's not up to you to answer for EA's decisions. I'll follow Darkslayer's lead and stop posting on this thread now. Thanks again for the response; it really is appreciated.
  • Options
    betelgeuse6742betelgeuse6742 Posts: 148 Member
    edited August 2011
    SimGuruSemedi,
    I, like Darkslayer, are actually quite happy that you've at least replied; I don't even think the answer is relevant anymore, I'm just glad we're not being ignored.

I understand that you have received the brunt of our concerns, and that is certainly unfair. However, I still wish the Q&A would be updated to reword the questions so they wouldn't have to be read as a whole instead of individually, then they couldn't be misinterpreted. (Incidentally fluttereyes, it was one of my posts of a reply by SimGuruShouren which said the information should be updated, and I can confirm the information abour per-retailer choice was there all along; hence the irritation at having contacted the retailers and being told they couldn't due to play.com exclusivity).

And I do believe the lack of dvd copies and lack of LE for Mac users (who have difficulties using Origins) should certainly be relayed back to the relevant people; although a lot of UK users can get a copy of the LE version, Europe and Mac users are still missing out, which must be very frustrating.
    I'm personally going to be quiet rant-wise, as after I received my reply from SHouren, was just waiting for an apology and explanation on why I was ignored, which I've now gotten.

With any luck I may return to a more light-hearted thread, or perhaps join one of the many unicorn/werewolf debates.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2011
    I just want to be clear on this: If I pre-order the Pets expansion from the EA site I will automatically get the Limited Edition version? And the perk of the pre-order for PC is the pet store rabbithole?

Will I be able to wait until early October to pre-order and still get the LE? (My birthday is in early October so one of my family members may decide to order it for me as a gift).

(Sorry I haven't read the entire thread because my ISP is very slow and it is taking a long time to load the pages).
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Ignoring my post is not going to invalidate my point:

You Brits are all complaining because the SimGurus are ignoring you. Yet, you refuse to go to your home country's EA Sims 3 website where there is an *active* moderator presence by EA's actual employees, and you could possibly get answers to your quesetions.

No, instead you'd rather come here and whine, because you know that no SimGuru will call you on it. Well, guess what? *I* may not be a SimGuru, but *I'm* calling you on it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is more than fed up with the anti-American tone of your posts.
    Jarsie dear, I know you think you're right but you're far from the truth. This forum, and this thread, are for all English speaking website users. The "UK forum" is this forum, so is the US, AU, SG forum. So please stop showing double standards and insulting UK members, it's not grown up at all and you're being just like fluttereyes, or what you perceive fluttereyes to be.

And thanks SimGuruSemedi for responding the the concerns here. Even though you shouldn't have to answer all questions, it's always good to give peace of mind or at the very least show that you are reading and not ignoring the messages posted. I guess it's an occupational hazard, being on the front lines of an organisation like Electronic Arts, and being restricted to information that is readily available to Simmers :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Ignoring my post is not going to invalidate my point:

You Brits are all complaining because the SimGurus are ignoring you. Yet, you refuse to go to your home country's EA Sims 3 website where there is an *active* moderator presence by EA's actual employees, and you could possibly get answers to your quesetions.

No, instead you'd rather come here and whine, because you know that no SimGuru will call you on it. Well, guess what? *I* may not be a SimGuru, but *I'm* calling you on it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is more than fed up with the anti-American tone of your posts.
    Jarsie dear, I know you think you're right but you're far from the truth. This forum, and this thread, are for all English speaking website users. The "UK forum" is this forum, so is the US, AU, SG forum. So please stop showing double standards and insulting UK members, it's not grown up at all and you're being just like fluttereyes, or what you perceive fluttereyes to be.

And thanks SimGuruSemedi for responding the the concerns here. Even though you shouldn't have to answer all questions, it's always good to give peace of mind or at the very least show that you are reading and not ignoring the messages posted. I guess it's an occupational hazard, being on the front lines of an organisation like Electronic Arts, and being restricted to information that is readily available to Simmers :P

I agree with jarsie. I don't think you are acting more grown up than them so don't go pointing fingers. Everyone just needs to stop getting mad at other countries because it's not like we can help your problems or make them worse. I'm not trying to make things more difficult for EA but you need to take your problems to them and stop getting mad and lashing out to the US. Please just calm down, is the LE that big of a deal to you? It's just a game, you won't die if you don't get it and I am sure you can find a way to get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    23sha28 wrote:
    I agree with jarsie. I don't think you are acting more grown up than them so don't go pointing fingers. Everyone just needs to stop getting mad at other countries because it's not like we can help your problems or make them worse. I'm not trying to make things more difficult for EA but you need to take your problems to them and stop getting mad and lashing out to the US. Please just calm down, is the LE that big of a deal to you? It's just a game, you won't die if you don't get it and I am sure you can find a way to get it.
    I'm sorry, but when and where did I lash out at the US? And how can you agree with Jarsie? It's fact that these forums are for the US, UK, AU, SG and any other communitues and countries out there. She was wrong, and being just as bad - by lashing out at the UK and being rather insulting, something you're accusing me of here.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    23sha28 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but when and where did I lash out at the US? And how can you agree with Jarsie? It's fact that these forums are for the US, UK, AU, SG and any other communitues and countries out there. She was wrong, and being just as bad - by lashing out at the UK and being rather insulting, something you're accusing me of here.

Oh no!! I'm sorry you didn't understand me! I was saying some people were lashing out! Not you specifically! Sorry you thought that! And I was just saying that I agree with that one statement, not everything jarsie says. And I realize that this forum is for more than just the US, I am not trying to say anything like that this is only meant for the US. Everyone can speak their mind here I just think that some people (not necessarily you) are freaking out way too much. I am sorry I made it seem like I was accusing you of anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    23sha28 wrote:
    Oh no!! I'm sorry you didn't understand me! I was saying some people were lashing out! Not you specifically! Sorry you thought that! And I was just saying that I agree with that one statement, not everything jarsie says. And I realize that this forum is for more than just the US, I am not trying to say anything like that this is only meant for the US. Everyone can speak their mind here I just think that some people (not necessarily you) are freaking out way too much. I am sorry I made it seem like I was accusing you of anything.
    Ah okay, you quoted me so it looked like I had said something wrong when I didn't say anything like that. It's perfectly alright :) I can see the point of my fellow countrymen (and women), it was a poor decision to give out information that can be misconstrude as general information concerning all countries, and ignoring them wasn't helping at all - but thankfully SimGuruSemedi has posted to calm the fires.

Is it me or are we being civilised? We're doing the world a good :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    You Brits are all complaining because the SimGurus are ignoring you. Yet, you refuse to go to your home country's EA Sims 3 website

It is statements like this that are getting people riled up. We live in the United Kingdom. I am a Scot, not a Brit. This is an international site so I don't appreciate being told to go to my HOME COUNTRY's website. It looks to me like a "GO HOME FOREIGNER" post.

I have never slammed the USA, not once. All I ever said was that we wanted what they were having. I never blamed Americans at all. I didn't create a division here, it was people that came in and misinterpreted and misquoted me to turn it round that way. Any division that was made was when we were told that the Q&A was only meant for the USA on a site that is for all, but it didn't say that. This whole thing is not a slam on the USA, it's a slam on the policies that have created this mess.

I'm tried of the arguing and I'm tired of being misinterpreted.
    So please stop showing double standards and insulting UK members, it's not grown up at all and you're being just like fluttereyes, or what you perceive fluttereyes to be.

Thanks for that, so I'm not supposed to defend myself now? She knows fine well I'm not what I look like here, it is flaming like hers that is making this situation worse, she even comments on how nice we are on the UK forum, well that's because we don't get flamed there.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Is it me or are we being civilised? We're doing the world a good :P

Yay! Maybe we will rub off on some of these people! 8)
  • Options
    XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited August 2011
    First of all..NO ONE should be insulting anyone it doesn't matter who you are or how frustrated. As I recall fluttereyes you actually did make a swoop at Americans even though the game is American made and of course the country who made it gets better access at present but I really hope you get what your asking for. Honestly thats not my concern really but its getting ridiculous with the little spats going on I am pretty sure the UK will get exactly what it wants just keep posting the issue and why and I'm sure EA will work on it if nothing else just to get your business.
  • Options
    tamarareed2010tamarareed2010 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Will the Limited Edition be available for Mac?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    As I recall fluttereyes you actually did make a swoop at Americans even though the game is American made and of course the country who made it gets better access at present

Actually, no I didn't. I made a post asking all the people who were attacking us on these posts, who just happened to be American, how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot if it was something like Unicorns we were getting and they weren't. It was my hope at that point that they would see that this was important to us and would leave it alone, sadly they did not and it still carries on to this post.

I do hope the guru is taking note of the racial attacks going on here in the form of "Go home Brits" and I do hope he can see how things are being twisted. I repeat, I have never made any kind of racial attack against any Americans and I'm sick of having to defend myself for something I haven't done.
    just keep posting the issue

Yeah we've been trying to but the posts get flamed and then we have to make new ones, then we are accused of making too many posts.

EA is an international company, with bases in many countries of the world.

I won't respond to any more racial attacks, arrogant posts, or accusations of me making racial attacks when I'm not.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    I stand by my remarks. Accuse me of being racist all you want. The fact remains that Electronic Arts *does* maintain a website in the United Kingdom that actually *has* an active Sims 3 forum, and where your questions could be answered by EA's UK employees.

Yes, this site is international, but that doesn't mean that the employees that work on this website are international, since they are based in the United States and are all American citizens. Therefore, they may not necessarily have the same information or insights that EA's UK employees might have regarding this issue. And that's why I recommended that UK subjects go there for their answers instead of coming over here and ranting at the American employees of this website.

The bottom line is that you are upset because EA chose to cut a deal with Play.com to sell the physical copy of the disc, and because only those who pre-order or buy the Limited Edition at release will be entitled to the pet shop; even though it has been explained to you time and again that the pet shop is not a vital or necessary part of gameplay; it's just an incentive to pre-order the game, or buy it on first day release.

It is hardly Simguru Semedi's fault, nor is it the fault of EA's corporate US headquarters that the UK will only offer the physical disk through Play.com, and your coming over here and ranting about it is not going to change that. As far as the pet store is concerned, which is *really* the main issue here, just because *you* want it, fluttereyes, that doesn't mean everyone else does. I have stated before that I do not intend to buy the Limited Edition copy of the game simply because I have no desire or need for a pet shop in my game; I'm sure I'm not the only one who is completely indifferent to this incentive to pre-order. And while it may be your right to complain that not everyone is getting this, the fact remains that you are in a position to do so; and if you don't want to buy your game from Origins or Play.com, that is *your* choice.

As for other countries, I'm sure EA doesn't want to lose their business, and since you've no idea what goes on behind the scenes, you're hardly in a position to dictate to EA how they should handle their international relations.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    tamarareed2010tamarareed2010 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited August 2011

Sorry for asking again just no one has answered :S...

if it has already been asked please dont get up me as i havent gone threw every 44pages of comments! espically to find no answer?

thought it would be eaiser to just ask!

I know it says for PC but it dosent say Mac, or dose it mean for both computer types?
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011

if it has already been asked please dont get up me as i havent gone threw every 44pages of comments! espically to find no answer?

I know it says for PC but it dosent say Mac, or dose it mean for both computer types?

It should be available for Mac and PC, same as all the other expansion packs.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011

I've actually been reading the forum posts and don't just use my own thoughts. I saw last night that someone said that the MAC version is not yet available on Origin for download, if that is where you want to get it, then for the moment you are out of luck.

For further info you really need to say whether you want a direct download or a disc and where you are. I looked it up but not everyone knows that QLD is Queensland Australia. Without such info there is no way anyone can give you info as the availability is different according to what country you are in. I'd suspect that just like the others who have been able to obtain the MAC version via Origin download, that you may well be out of luck. There was a recent post about this, perhaps you can have a look over yesterdays' posts and find it. If I see it again today, I'll pop back and give you a link. There's nothing worse than that empty search.

In Aus we're really lucky, it's available from 3 main stores..

I found that on the post about Belgians not having any availability to it

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/412924.page

I've been trying to get a list of retailers together over here

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/408698.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top