Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I stand by my remarks. Accuse me of being racist all you want. The fact remains that Electronic Arts *does* maintain a website in the United Kingdom that actually *has* an active Sims 3 forum, and where your questions could be answered by EA's UK employees.

Yes, this site is international, but that doesn't mean that the employees that work on this website are international, since they are based in the United States and are all American citizens. Therefore, they may not necessarily have the same information or insights that EA's UK employees might have regarding this issue. And that's why I recommended that UK subjects go there for their answers instead of coming over here and ranting at the American employees of this website.

The bottom line is that you are upset because EA chose to cut a deal with Play.com to sell the physical copy of the disc, and because only those who pre-order or buy the Limited Edition at release will be entitled to the pet shop; even though it has been explained to you time and again that the pet shop is not a vital or necessary part of gameplay; it's just an incentive to pre-order the game, or buy it on first day release.

It is hardly Simguru Semedi's fault, nor is it the fault of EA's corporate US headquarters that the UK will only offer the physical disk through Play.com, and your coming over here and ranting about it is not going to change that. As far as the pet store is concerned, which is *really* the main issue here, just because *you* want it, fluttereyes, that doesn't mean everyone else does. I have stated before that I do not intend to buy the Limited Edition copy of the game simply because I have no desire or need for a pet shop in my game; I'm sure I'm not the only one who is completely indifferent to this incentive to pre-order. And while it may be your right to complain that not everyone is getting this, the fact remains that you are in a position to do so; and if you don't want to buy your game from Origins or Play.com, that is *your* choice.

As for other countries, I'm sure EA doesn't want to lose their business, and since you've no idea what goes on behind the scenes, you're hardly in a position to dictate to EA how they should handle their international relations.
    Again, you completely miss the point. This is an international website - gb.thesims.com leads to here, so don't tell people to go "there" and not "here" when here isn't the US, it's everywhere - hence why you're just as bad if not worse than the people being accused of being racist and ignorant. It is EAs fault if they make an international site and fail to give correct information when "here" is an international website read by all English speakers, not just the US. So no, your point is completely invalid, but you'll naturally assume you are right as you are known for being stubborn.

It's also incredibly terrible for EA (nothing new there, huh?) that they cannot tell their dogs' bodies (SimGurus) what information goes where. They should be hiring English (United Kingdom), Australian, American, Singaporean and many other types of SimGurus/Moderators on their international sites. If they did, they wouldn't have these problems - but EA as we have learnt since The Sims 3 came out are dreadful at forward thinking so naturally these discussions happen. and problems arise.

Also, don't tell people to go to EA's UK forums, people will naturally go to the direct website (gb.thesims3.com) for information. That's like telling people who want to find out information about Pepsi in the UK should go to Britvic, and not Pepsi.co.uk or .com.

Again, you said the word "here". What is "here" exactly? This is an international website that caters for the United Kingdom, America, Australia and every other English speaking nation on the country. "Here" isn't just America, so learn some manners and stop telling people to stay away from here when here isn't just for you. Disgusting behaviour from such a snobbish, arogant and clearly ignorant individual.
    23sha28 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    Is it me or are we being civilised? We're doing the world a good :P

Yay! Maybe we will rub off on some of these people! 8)
    Clearly it hasn't :(
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    We don't have a store on the UK site, it's an EA site and not a Sims site, it covers all of EA's games. The guru's there are lovely actually but they are even more limited in what they are told.

It's not so long ago that I was being told by one of the flamers that the guru's and customer service over there knew nothing anyway, I can find that post if necessary.

This is just argument for arguments sake and I for one have an ironing to do, so don't have the time. There are no valid points being thrown at us, just bitterness and flaming. I for one am done with even acknowledging it now, it's tiring and not worth it, let them get their entertainment elsewhere.
    Again, you completely miss the point. This is an international website - gb.thesims.com leads to here, so don't tell people to go "there" and not "here" when here isn't the US, it's everywhere - hence why you're just as bad if not worse than the people being accused of being racist and ignorant. It is EAs fault if they make an international site and fail to give correct information when "here" is an international website read by all English speakers, not just the US. So no, your point is completely invalid, but you'll naturally assume you are right as you are known for being stubborn.

It's also incredibly terrible for EA (nothing new there, huh?) that they cannot tell their dogs' bodies (SimGurus) what information goes where. They should be hiring English (United Kingdom), Australian, American, Singaporean and many other types of SimGurus/Moderators on their international sites. If they did, they wouldn't have these problems - but EA as we have learnt since The Sims 3 came out are dreadful at forward thinking so naturally these discussions happen. and problems arise.

Also, don't tell people to go to EA's UK forums, people will naturally go to the direct website (gb.thesims3.com) for information. That's like telling people who want to find out information about Pepsi in the UK should go to Britvic, and not Pepsi.co.uk or .com.

Again, you said the word "here". What is "here" exactly? This is an international website that caters for the United Kingdom, America, Australia and every other English speaking nation on the country. "Here" isn't just America, so learn some manners and stop telling people to stay away from here when here isn't just for you. Disgusting behaviour from such a snobbish, arogant and clearly ignorant individual.

Very well put response to flaming and frank with it, well done.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @Fluttereyes and you other Brits:

EA has a strongly moderated UK Sims 3 forum. That's probably why you're over here whining and exuding self-righteous indignation, because you know that no moderator will call you on the fact that you're insulting an American company...like they will over at the UK site.

But, the UK website *is* where you should express your concerns, and as a matter of fact, there is a thread there about this very topic. IF you want something done, THERE is the best place for you to take your complaints as EA's "gurus" are all over the place on that website.

Still, I guess it's easier for you Brits to come here and jump up and down and sneer at us Amercians, because EA isn't asking how high on the way up when you all tell them to "JUMP!"

The Simgurus on tis website owe you NOTHING. If you don't like their attitude, then hasta la bye-bye. Go over to the UK Sims 3 forum where you *might* actually *get* some answers from an actual EA employee who is active on *those* forums. But, of course, you won't because over *there* they don't let you throw temper tantrums like you can over here...and that goes for you too, betelgeuse 6742; I'm sure EA is devastated to learn that you'll not be spending any more money on *their* games.

QUELLE SURPRISE! That YOU would show up with THIS.
    Fan those flames!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

edited August 2011
    Problem is that I know exactly what is going on here and I have for about a week. No matter what you do, you have to download something, if you get the game from Origin you have to download it, if you get the LE in a physical form, then you have to download the exclusive EA content, via the store, using Origin.

I'll let you lot work the rest out for yourselves. I know though and if you think about it, so do you.
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I stand by my remarks. Accuse me of being racist all you want. The fact remains that Electronic Arts *does* maintain a website in the United Kingdom that actually *has* an active Sims 3 forum, and where your questions could be answered by EA's UK employees.

Yes, this site is international, but that doesn't mean that the employees that work on this website are international, since they are based in the United States and are all American citizens. Therefore, they may not necessarily have the same information or insights that EA's UK employees might have regarding this issue. And that's why I recommended that UK subjects go there for their answers instead of coming over here and ranting at the American employees of this website.

The bottom line is that you are upset because EA chose to cut a deal with Play.com to sell the physical copy of the disc, and because only those who pre-order or buy the Limited Edition at release will be entitled to the pet shop; even though it has been explained to you time and again that the pet shop is not a vital or necessary part of gameplay; it's just an incentive to pre-order the game, or buy it on first day release.

It is hardly Simguru Semedi's fault, nor is it the fault of EA's corporate US headquarters that the UK will only offer the physical disk through Play.com, and your coming over here and ranting about it is not going to change that. As far as the pet store is concerned, which is *really* the main issue here, just because *you* want it, fluttereyes, that doesn't mean everyone else does. I have stated before that I do not intend to buy the Limited Edition copy of the game simply because I have no desire or need for a pet shop in my game; I'm sure I'm not the only one who is completely indifferent to this incentive to pre-order. And while it may be your right to complain that not everyone is getting this, the fact remains that you are in a position to do so; and if you don't want to buy your game from Origins or Play.com, that is *your* choice.

As for other countries, I'm sure EA doesn't want to lose their business, and since you've no idea what goes on behind the scenes, you're hardly in a position to dictate to EA how they should handle their international relations.

LOL

edited August 2011
    Yes, there was probably some trade law that was out of their control, that prevented them from making this little pet store available across the globe....certainly they wouldn't make a STUPID decision like this knowingly.

I KNOW YOU STAND BY YOUR COMMENTS. I've read enough of em, I EXPECT IT.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. The Pet Store can be available across the globe, there is no law that would hinder this. If they did what would of been considered ethical, they would of just kept the pet store in the standard edition, but for some reason they chose to annoy people - either by making the limited edition in the first place, or by making a "pigs ear" of the situation by telling people false truths or generally making their consumers unhappy and confused.
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Yes, there was probably some trade law that was out of their control, that prevented them from making this little pet store available across the globe....certainly they wouldn't make a STUPID decision like this knowingly.

I KNOW YOU STAND BY YOUR COMMENTS. I've read enough of em, I EXPECT IT.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. The Pet Store can be available across the globe, there is no law that would hinder this. If they did what would of been considered ethical, they would of just kept the pet store in the standard edition, but for some reason they chose to annoy people - either by making the limited edition in the first place, or by making a "pigs ear" of the situation by telling people false truths or generally making their consumers unhappy and confused.

LOL I couldn't believe it when I saw what EA was doing. I think the only saving grace here is that the feature is LAME!

edited August 2011
    LOL
    So you were being sarcastic? :P
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    LOL
    So you were being sarcastic? :P

Yes, and SOME just need to be ignored, they offer no answers only personal attacks of others, CONSISTENLY.

edited August 2011
    Well we now that we know we can't get what we are asking for, there's no point going any further. I just had a UK person turn on me and keep it going even after we let it go. I'm blown away by people's need to flog a dead horse. I'm not arguing with anyone anymore, all I wanted was the LE and I've given in and pre-ordered from Play, I don't see that we have any choice. I already had the standard one on order from Game for my son. I've spent the day trying to help the Belgian girls try to track down a retailer that would suit them.

I have two months to decide if I want to keep the pre-order or not.
    edited August 2011
    again I have to post a second time to get my post to show, sorry.
  • XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited August 2011
    As I recall fluttereyes you actually did make a swoop at Americans even though the game is American made and of course the country who made it gets better access at present

Actually, no I didn't. I made a post asking all the people who were attacking us on these posts, who just happened to be American, how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot if it was something like Unicorns we were getting and they weren't. It was my hope at that point that they would see that this was important to us and would leave it alone, sadly they did not and it still carries on to this post.

I do hope the guru is taking note of the racial attacks going on here in the form of "Go home Brits" and I do hope he can see how things are being twisted. I repeat, I have never made any kind of racial attack against any Americans and I'm sick of having to defend myself for something I haven't done.
    just keep posting the issue

Yeah we've been trying to but the posts get flamed and then we have to make new ones, then we are accused of making too many posts.

EA is an international company, with bases in many countries of the world.

I won't respond to any more racial attacks, arrogant posts, or accusations of me making racial attacks when I'm not.

I find the racial slurs just as distasteful as you do also because I good bit of me is English. But I wouldn't rise to the bait so to speak and I'm sorry its stupid of people to be acting that way. Its an international company sure but the game itself is American made. I know its important, and if it was on the other shoe I wouldn't be bothered because I know eventually I'd get the game one way or another. I did see a comment of yours that was like that if it was your intention to insult I would have been mad but I see you weren't. Either way your voice deserves to be heard you are a paying costumer and I'm with you on getting your post out.
  • LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
    edited August 2011
    OH, hi simguru I have a question that I expect you should answer...because after all it is a question and your required to.....so here goes.

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING US?....and if I purchase the LE can I customise the store myself? surely you need to answer BOTH of these questions... please :wink:

Hi there Leah. If I answer one of your questions, it happily takes care of the other one as well :wink:

The Limited Edition does give you the ability to customize your own pet store. By placing the cash register on a lot and designating it as a pet store venue, it will function properly in your game. At that point, simply construct a cool building around it and you're good to go! The ability to build your own is one of my favorite things about it :)

hmm i dont think you answered both ^^ but its fine thanks :mrgreen:
  • LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
    edited August 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    If you're not allowed to talk, then fine I understand, but at least acknowledge us and say that unfortunately you're unable to comment.

That's pretty much where I'm at at this point Darkslayer. I'm happy to answer questions from anyone about the availability or content of the Limited Edition with the information that's available to me, but I can't get into it with you guys if you choose to air your grievances here beyond offering constructive criticism - which we do take into account.

There's nothing listed in my job responsibilities about getting on our forums and interacting with the community. I'm here of my own volition because I enjoy talking to players, and have my own personal desire to provide information and answer questions to the fans that have such a hand in the success of The Sims.

It's by no means lost on me that players are upset. The Q&A as stands is valid, and has always specifically referenced that details regarding availability in many regions is still being finalized, and that ultimately the availability of the Limited Edition is contingent on participating retailers. I realize people like to focus on the answer regarding it being offered online and in-stores, but the Q&A should be taken as a whole and not read piecemeal.

well thank you for sying that it takes 1 person to make alot of people happy, even thought the battle is not over (hehe cheesy line :P ) this has made it a great deal better in stead of us thinking your ignoring us, thanks I appreciate it :wink::D
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well we now that we know we can't get what we are asking for, there's no point going any further. I just had a UK person turn on me and keep it going even after we let it go. I'm blown away by people's need to flog a dead horse. I'm not arguing with anyone anymore, all I wanted was the LE and I've given in and pre-ordered from Play, I don't see that we have any choice. I already had the standard one on order from Game for my son. I've spent the day trying to help the Belgian girls try to track down a retailer that would suit them.

I have two months to decide if I want to keep the pre-order or not.

lol That was simple wasn't it? At least now you know that you're getting a copy and its your decision.
  • ryanroks1ryanroks1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I have preordered. Can't wait!
  • kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh, thanks for clearing things up :D I really want to have the LE now but:

could I possibly buy it at my nearest game store WITHOUT pre-ordering it first??? Or to get it you absolutely HAVE to pre-order it?

Thanks in advance for anwsering :wink:
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    SimGuru Semedi, I've been posting this suggestion on another thread, but I just want to clarify this. I've worked in retail before, namely a national chain bookstore, and it's been my experience that the store I worked with got its product from the corporate center, but we were also given leeway to order product specific to our region.

EA is being accused of discriminating against its European customers because apparently some countries' stores are not carrying The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition. My question is: Whose responsibility is it to stock the game? EA's or the retailers? In other words, is EA deliberately withholding this product, OR is it that the retailers aren't ordering the product for sale in their stores?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • EmilySims333EmilySims333 Posts: 163
    edited August 2011
    Um...right I was ok.. now I'm confused. Which pets are we getting? How many different animals? :lol: :P And thanks for the help! I love sims 3! What's the next stuff pack gonna be? And is seasons coming out? Aaaaaaaaaahhhh! (Freaking out!) I love the sims 3 soooo much! 8)
  • ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited August 2011
    OH, hi simguru I have a question that I expect you should answer...because after all it is a question and your required to.....so here goes.

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING US?....and if I purchase the LE can I customise the store myself? surely you need to answer BOTH of these questions... please :wink:

Hi there Leah. If I answer one of your questions, it happily takes care of the other one as well :wink:

The Limited Edition does give you the ability to customize your own pet store. By placing the cash register on a lot and designating it as a pet store venue, it will function properly in your game. At that point, simply construct a cool building around it and you're good to go! The ability to build your own is one of my favorite things about it :)

hmm i dont think you answered both ^^ but its fine thanks :mrgreen:

By answering your second question (the "if I purchase the LE...") he answered the first. The first was why was he ignoring you (you=plural here), and he answered that by responding at all. (As in "What?! No! I'm not ignoring you! See, here I am, answering your questions and not ignoring you!")
  • bdellywbdellyw Posts: 25
    edited August 2011
    I have ONE question... And anybody who knows can answer.

I already PreOrdered The Pets EP and I'm wondering when It will arrive. I live in Alberta, if that helps narrow it down or whatnot.BUT! The BIG question I have is at my local EB Games (Electronic Boutique), we asked when it would arrive and they said September 2nd, BUT the "official" (if it even is official) release date is some time in October?! I was just wondering if I have to wait a whole extra month or if the release date has been changed. Honestly I was hoping it would come out before school start but I just don't know... :mrgreen: I hope this is a question I'm not alone in. Please help!
  • 23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    In the second picture with the cat and the german shepherd, is that in the pc version?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/422577.page
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    SimGuru Semedi, I've been posting this suggestion on another thread, but I just want to clarify this. I've worked in retail before, namely a national chain bookstore, and it's been my experience that the store I worked with got its product from the corporate center, but we were also given leeway to order product specific to our region.

EA is being accused of discriminating against its European customers because apparently some countries' stores are not carrying The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition. My question is: Whose responsibility is it to stock the game? EA's or the retailers? In other words, is EA deliberately withholding this product, OR is it that the retailers aren't ordering the product for sale in their stores?

Well, both are responsible for it. The retailer has to order and store it, but to be able to order and store it, EA has to offer it to him.

I went to a quite big and well known retailer more than a week ago and ask about the LE as DVD-version. Well, we had some time for chatting. They are a quite big company in Germany and other countries and trade partner of EA Germany, getting promotional stuff and so. When I told him about the LE, he was suprised, because EA has only offered them the standard version. They had no info about a LE.

Well, he called the purchasing department for more info. They didn't had any information about it either. Therefore I didn't get any further and have to wait until the GamesCon is over. Hopefully, more information is available then. Interesting is, that the US and Spanish store are selling the LE as DVD, other countries like UK or Germany were not offered the LE until now.
  • mary_beyuupmary_beyuup Posts: 93
    edited August 2011
    Man... I can't believe we have to wait till October for this to come out. Like you guys couldn't have had this come out in September? Two months wait? Lame!!
    edited August 2011
    CUSTOMERS WILL BE EMAILED THE CODE AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT WITHIN SEVEN DAYS AFTER RELEASE OF PRODUCT

I got that from another thread and it's causing me concern.

Firstly, what if we're not buying from Origin? What if (us poor people in the UK) are having to buy from play.com. With disc delivery times of anything up to 14 days late, does that mean we might have to wait a month for this content that we've paid for, if we ever get it. Let's face it, we're at the mercy of play.com sending us an email, I'm already concerned that they'll even send me the disc, now I have to wait for an email too.

Why are we buying an LE from play.com when it doesn't even contain the required content, why couldn't we buy the standard version and download the content as a registration gift?

Why has this been made so difficult for everyone? I thought this was a reward for all that money we've spent on the game so far, a gift for our loyalty? People shouldn't have to bend over backwards to get a gift.

I'm now rethinking if I'm going through with my pre-order with play.com, I don't think I can be sure of getting that content and if that's the case, then I'm as well to just purchase a standard copy from Game UK.

It would be nice to have this cleared up.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top