Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    betelgeuse6742betelgeuse6742 Posts: 148 Member
    edited August 2011
    Even if a guru said, "Sorry, guys, but we can't comment on the UK issues at this time." it would be something, but they're not even doing that.
    And Darkslayer, I understand where you're coming form, it was particularly painful cancelling my cheap order from GAME. But I figure it's £20 to spend on something else that actually works. Though obviously not EA games.
    *deletes EA Sports 2 from xbox basket, another £25 that EA won't be getting, due to another question answered*
    Total cost, £143.74
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    Erpe wrote:
    If you prefer not to know and just close your eyes then it is completely your own choice.

And tell me WHERE I say I prefer not to know and I'm closing my eyes? I was simply making a point that we DO NOT know the rules they have in their office. That was all I said.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    @Fluttereyes and you other Brits:

EA has a strongly moderated UK Sims 3 forum. That's probably why you're over here whining and exuding self-righteous indignation, because you know that no moderator will call you on the fact that you're insulting an American company...like they will over at the UK site.

But, the UK website *is* where you should express your concerns, and as a matter of fact, there is a thread there about this very topic. IF you want something done, THERE is the best place for you to take your complaints as EA's "gurus" are all over the place on that website.

Still, I guess it's easier for you Brits to come here and jump up and down and sneer at us Amercians, because EA isn't asking how high on the way up when you all tell them to "JUMP!"

The Simgurus on tis website owe you NOTHING. If you don't like their attitude, then hasta la bye-bye. Go over to the UK Sims 3 forum where you *might* actually *get* some answers from an actual EA employee who is active on *those* forums. But, of course, you won't because over *there* they don't let you throw temper tantrums like you can over here...and that goes for you too, betelgeuse 6742; I'm sure EA is devastated to learn that you'll not be spending any more money on *their* games.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't believe that. They have just told them to ignore angry off topic posts

No, we're actually angry because they are answering the off topic ones and not answering our on topic ones

No they are not because the people who made the decision aren't reading this forum and the SimGurus are not allowed to apologize for them. (If they did then EA's managers would view them as disloyal to EA.)

and all we ask is that they pass the information on to the people who matter, I don't think that's been done. Ben Bell made a statement that this LE is a 'gift' to their most loyal customers, he just forgot to say that it was only the most loyal American customers.

This message we are giving should be passed to the top.
    EA has a strongly moderated UK Sims 3 forum. That's probably why you're over here whining and exuding self-righteous indignation, because you know that no moderator will call you on the fact that you're insulting an American company...like they will over at the UK site.

Excuse me? No, that American company is actually an international company with bases all over the world. It is actually this company that are insulting us.
    But, the UK website *is* where you should express your concerns, and as a matter of fact, there is a thread there about this very topic. IF you want something done, THERE is the best place for you to take your complaints as EA's "gurus" are all over the place on that website.

completely contradictory to your first paragraph. Fact remains, this is an international forum and yes, if we want to reach the decision makers this is where we do it. The UK team have no jurisdiction on this and we have to go higher up.
    Still, I guess it's easier for you Brits to come here and jump up and down and sneer at us Amercians, because EA isn't asking how high on the way up when you all tell them to "JUMP!"

No we're not sneering at Americans, but your post show that you are sneering at us.
    The Simgurus on tis website owe you NOTHING. If you don't like their attitude, then hasta la bye-bye. Go over to the UK Sims 3 forum where you *might* actually *get* some answers from an actual EA employee who is active on *those* forums. But, of course, you won't because over *there* they don't let you throw temper tantrums like you can over here...and that goes for you too, betelgeuse 6742; I'm sure EA is devastated to learn that you'll not be spending any more money on *their* games.

HOW RUDE!!! I'd suggest people ignore the posts of people like this on this subject, these types of post do no good for anyone and instead flare up even more anger.

Of course we all know Jarsie, that if this was the other way around, you'd be leading the charge. If something like this was to happen to Americans, you'd be right in here fighting for your rights.
  • Options
    littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't believe that. They have just told them to ignore angry off topic posts

No, we're actually angry because they are answering the off topic ones and not answering our on topic ones

No they are not because the people who made the decision aren't reading this forum and the SimGurus are not allowed to apologize for them. (If they did then EA's managers would view them as disloyal to EA.)

and all we ask is that they pass the information on to the people who matter, I don't think that's been done. Ben Bell made a statement that this LE is a 'gift' to their most loyal customers, he just forgot to say that it was only the most loyal American customers.

This message we are giving should be passed to the top.

i expect it has been done, the gurus wouldnt let all this go unnoticed, but EA is still not going to do anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    i expect it has been done, the gurus wouldnt let all this go unnoticed, but EA is still not going to do anything.

Then we need to know how high it went and what is to be done about it? Or at least why we're being treated so rudely.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ignoring my post is not going to invalidate my point:

You Brits are all complaining because the SimGurus are ignoring you. Yet, you refuse to go to your home country's EA Sims 3 website where there is an *active* moderator presence by EA's actual employees, and you could possibly get answers to your quesetions.

No, instead you'd rather come here and whine, because you know that no SimGuru will call you on it. Well, guess what? *I* may not be a SimGuru, but *I'm* calling you on it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is more than fed up with the anti-American tone of your posts.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Then we need to know how high it went and what is to be done about it? Or at least why we're being treated so rudely.

nothing is going to be done. losing a few hundred pounds is nothing to EA, since loads of americans have preordered now, and arent going to cancel. its too late.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    You really need to grow up, you're pathetic.

It's not your place to call anyone on anything. As this doesn't affect you, then I suggest you mind your own business. You don't work for EA, you're just an EA groupie. Go away, you're just coming across as really immature now.

Oh so us wanting the same as the USA has, us wanting what was written on the forum is anti American, grow up for goodness sake? This was announced to be available in shops and that was withdrawn for the rest of the world. I don't even think you know what this is about. Is that you Bonnie, you totally remind me of her?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    nothing is going to be done. losing a few hundred pounds is nothing to EA, since loads of americans have preordered now, and arent going to cancel. its too late.

It's not a few hundred pounds though, well it's a few hundred from me, then a few hundred for everyone else who stops buying the series and keep in mind its not just the UK who are feeling this.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Ignoring my post is not going to invalidate my point:

You Brits are all complaining because the SimGurus are ignoring you. Yet, you refuse to go to your home country's EA Sims 3 website where there is an *active* moderator presence by EA's actual employees, and you could possibly get answers to your quesetions.

No, instead you'd rather come here and whine, because you know that no SimGuru will call you on it. Well, guess what? *I* may not be a SimGuru, but *I'm* calling you on it! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is more than fed up with the anti-American tone of your posts.

anti-american?!

seriously, grow up. they are upset becuase EA have not been fair to us, not becuase they hate america :roll:

BUT, i do think maybe we should stop this here battering the gurus too, they obv arent gonna answer and EA arent gonna change anything now
  • Options
    edited August 2011

It's not a few hundred pounds though, well it's a few hundred from me, then a few hundred for everyone else who stops buying the series and keep in mind its not just the UK who are feeling this.
    but EA are huge, tbh i think they could survive on america alone
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    @Fluttereyes:

My name isn't Bonnie. You can accuse me of being an EA groupie all you want. My question is a valid one, and you consistently refuse to answer it.

But, in case you don't know the way, HERE is where you should be posting your questions to EA:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-3/1411004-sims-3-pets-limited-edition-faq.html

Where they *did* in fact, post this:

"Now it's all confirmed, here's some news we've been wanting to share for a while..The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition (PC) is now also available to pre-order as a disc edition exclusively from Play.com! If you prefer to download, it's also available on Origin."

(and yet, you keep misleading people by posting that it's *only* available as a digital download from Play.com)

You can call me all the names you want; but the mere fact that you refuse to log into the UK website tells me that you'd rather come here and whine than go over there where you might actually get answers to your questions *from your fellow countrymen*.

But then again, THAT website *is* more heavily moderated than *this* one.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    They have no power, not that it's any of your business but we have tried there.

Now I bet your glad they don't have such strict rules here, otherwise you'd be banned for flaming an already tense post.

Now like I said before, this doesn't affect you so you'd be best to stay out of it if you want to keep any kind of credibility. It's not your business, so back off.

May I also remind you again that this is an international, not American, forum and therefore any simmer from any country can post here if they like and you have no control over that.

Let's be quite clear, I post my concerns here

http://gb.thesims3.com/
    the mere fact that you refuse to log into the UK website tells me that you'd rather come here and whine than go over there where you might actually get answers to your questions *from your fellow countrymen*.

Oh but I do post there and yes the other members are well aware that I'm doing this here, if you read that post you linked then you'd know that
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2011
    Right im just going to ignore the little back and forth going on but i will say this, the uk site would not have had anything to do with the newsfeed. I dont hate americans i just want an apology, do i deserve a backlash for that? Im not out for freebies or anything like that, i just want an apology.

Sent via mobile phone
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    @flutteryes:

*snort* You mean you post your concerns on *this* link: http://gb.thesims3.com/ ? Which, when I click on it, links me right back to where we are now?

Puh-leez. And let me put it this way, *if* we had the same kind of strict moderation over here that we *used* to have on the old Sims 2 forum, no, I wouldn't be posting such a strong response, because a SimMaster would have already taken care of your issues.

The fact remains that the SimGurus are not obligated to answer your questions, and as far as I can tell from the UK website (where your replies are much tamer), the EA moderators over there are doing their best to answer your questions and concerns, even if it's not what you want to hear.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Im not out for freebies or anything like that, i just want an apology.

I don't understand where you get this freebie thing from. Nobody wants freebies.

The LE is the same price as the standard edition
    We were told that if ewe pre-order we'd get the LE
    We were told that the LE would be available in shops

Me asking them to allow people access to the content for a couple of days after release, when they can't get the LE copy, isn't me asking for a freebie, all I want is the extra content I'm missing due to a bad exclusive deal being done.

If all you want is an apology, then I'm sure we already got that on the first thread that they told us that they meant USA instead of all of us. I think that was the post I did at the very start of this that we got the 'oops, sorry we didn't mean you muppets, we meant just the USA'.

Asking for what should be included is not asking for a freebie. It's not my fault they took this out of the reach of many simmers.

This isn't just a car or a hairstyle were talking about, it's a very important part of the EP for some of us.

This is a 'gift to all the loyal fans who pre-order', so they take away a huge part of the worlds ability to pre-order and we're supposed to be ok with that. If it's a gift for those who pre0order and as I always pre-order, then this should mean me too.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    *snort* You mean you post your concerns on *this* link: http://gb.thesims3.com/ ? Which, when I click on it, links me right back to where we are now?

Exactly, as you can see that link leads to gb.thesims3.com and that is where I am posting, so this is not an American site, that's that part of your case blown out of the water. I can't believe you actually responded to something that proves how wrong you are.
    The fact remains that the SimGurus are not obligated to answer your questions, and as far as I can tell from the UK website (where your replies are much tamer), the EA moderators over there are doing their best to answer your questions and concerns, even if it's not what you want to hear.

The fact remains that this ins none of your concern, yet you persist in flaming us.

Yes I am nicer on the UK forum because I am a nice person. No we're not getting any answers over there and no they are not trying as their hands are tied by the powers that be. It is our hope that the guru's here would pass on our concerns to those above them and therefore come to a mutually acceptable compromise.

I won't answer you again, you're obviously having a bad day and just want someone to pick on, that's why you comment on things that don't concern you. I'm having a bad day too but you don't see me on the threads that don't affect me moaning. I'm only posting about something that directly affects me, and I'd advise you to do the same.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    @fluttereyes,

Well, enjoy the whinefest, for all the good it'll do you...which is not much. You'll still get ignored.

And, for everyone else: don't hold your breath waiting for EA to apologize. That's not their style.

Let your money do the talking.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @fluttereyes,

Well, enjoy the whinefest, for all the good it'll do you...which is not much. You'll still get ignored.

And, for everyone else: don't hold your breath waiting for EA to apologize. That's not their style.

Let your money do the talking.

don't bother Jarsie let them waste their time, EA won't be affected by what they do
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    *yawn*
  • Options
    Hollister1Hollister1 Posts: 9
    edited August 2011
    Awsome that cleared things up a bit :wink:
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2011
    If I remember correctly that wasn't so much an apology as it was a 'whoops, somebody in admin made a mistake' which is why I'm still asking.

Anyway lets not fight amongst ourselves :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I think that's the best we're going to get.
    Anyway lets not fight amongst ourselves

For sure, we have enough people tying to stir it up as it is.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited August 2011
    OH, hi simguru I have a question that I expect you should answer...because after all it is a question and your required to.....so here goes.

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING US?....and if I purchase the LE can I customise the store myself? surely you need to answer BOTH of these questions... please :wink:

Hi there Leah. If I answer one of your questions, it happily takes care of the other one as well :wink:

The Limited Edition does give you the ability to customize your own pet store. By placing the cash register on a lot and designating it as a pet store venue, it will function properly in your game. At that point, simply construct a cool building around it and you're good to go! The ability to build your own is one of my favorite things about it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top