Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    I still haven't found a store that is 100% certain that will be selling LE in Greece. And As i've said many times it would be very hepfull to give us a list with the retailers on each country that will have it. So far only public.gr claims that they are going to have it but they have no info on their site yet, we can only pre-order by phone, and the clercks don't really seem very sure about it being the LE.. Do you know anything about it?
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    Have you tried Amazon in Greece, they seem to be stocking it for France and I think Germany too, they could be your answer.

As for getting it in a store outside of the USA, I don't think it will be possible, online is our only sad, pathetic choice to get this LE.
  • HatingHating Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    I've heard that the sims 3 pets is coming out on the 18th then the 21st then the 30th, I live in Australia so when is it actually coming out in my country??
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    No answer, no surprise, if this EP is a creature takeover, I'm done with this game.

And before you all tell me, I know YOU DON'T CARE, but EA might since I've been a fan and purchased and recommended this game for more than 10 years.

Well they should take notice when many fans are saying the same thing, I'm doing the same as you and I'll hit the internet on USA's release day and if the reviews aren't what I hoped for (Pets) then I'll be cancelling too.
    I've heard that the sims 3 pets is coming out on the 18th then the 21st then the 30th, I live in Australia so when is it actually coming out in my country??

Release day is different in all countries due to shipping times. In the states it's the 18th, in the UK it's the 21st (as far as I know). In Australia it's............go to google and type the following "sims 3 pets release day Australia), then come back and tell all of the other Australian people. You volunteered as you asked first. You have been recruited as an information finder. :):):)
  • Kitten1762Kitten1762 Posts: 89
    edited August 2011
    I have a question. Will there be werewolves???
  • HatingHating Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    In Australia it comes out on the 30th of October :( Oh well I'm gunna have to wait :(
  • deviantphoenixdeviantphoenix Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I know the upcoming pets ep probably has lots of new addition(s) that no one can talk about yet. However, I would like the programmers to consider one thing I was thinking about.

Since the base game there have been many releases of cars, but not many pickup type trucks. In fact, there is only one kind of pickup and one SUV that I know of that can be bought.

Point is: I'd like to see 'bigger' sized type pickups added. Ask any pet owner about taking a larger pet (like my alaskian malimute) somewhere (like the vet) in thier veichle, and about 9/10 times they'd prefer to take thier pet (even with the pet in a carrier) in a pickup truck.

They don't have to have the exact 'name brand' or anything, but the 'bigger sized' pickups that I'm talking about are: Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram, Ford F250, Chevy Silverado, ect.

No matter what is decided, this is just an opinion. I'm only happy someone took the time to read this..

• PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2011
    I was wandering...
    Why are there so little LE Pets retailers for UK? Talk about customer care!
  • littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Kitten1762 wrote:
    I have a question. Will there be werewolves???

what?! NO
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    PinkSims51 wrote:
    I was wandering...
    Hi PinkSims51,

I e-mailed Amazon.co.uk to ask them what they know and they cannot sell the Limited Edition because Play.com have bought and obtained the exclusive rights in the United Kingdom. This is why only Play.com are selling the Limited Edition, and no other retailer can (other than Origin, but they are the Official EA Store).

Hope that helps :)
  • SerivahnSerivahn Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Why can't all countries have the same release date instead of making some other countries wait longer to get it?
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2011
    Serivahn wrote:
    Why can't all countries have the same release date instead of making some other countries wait longer to get it?
    I think it has something to do wtih tradition. In the US games are released on a Tuesday while in the UK it's a Friday thing. It's a bit odd though so I assume that's not accurate. Shipping costs are irrelevant as far as I am aware, because games begin to stock a week or so in advance.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    If I understand it correctly, EA will offer *only* the Limited Edition of "Pets" in retail stores, including those who pre-ordered as the first run copies of the game. But the second manufacture of the game will be the standard edition.

So, if your retailer ordered Pets, they should just be getting the Limited Edition copies, not the standard ones. I think that the standard ones won't be available until all the Limited Edition copies are sold.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    PinkSims51 wrote:
    I was wandering...
    Hi PinkSims51,

I e-mailed Amazon.co.uk to ask them what they know and they cannot sell the Limited Edition because Play.com have bought and obtained the exclusive rights in the United Kingdom. This is why only Play.com are selling the Limited Edition, and no other retailer can (other than Origin, but they are the Official EA Store).

Hope that helps :)

hmmm...wow
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• plavizdralplavizdral Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2011
    i have qwestion to
    are we finaly able to wash cats sims 3 pets ?
  • almiconto09almiconto09 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi, maybe someone has already posted it somewhere here but

I've just seen this (http://www.facebook.com/thesims3uk).

Seems that while PLAY still is the only "retailer" (I think you can guess why it is in "") for the PC Pets LE, those with the Xbox and PS3 can get theirs from GAME. Good for them even though I think it is highly unfair that we, PC users, do not have the same option to just walk in store and buy DVD. I do not do Direct Downloads nor order my things online = no LE for me. =(
  • SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I hope you can give us an answer about this (if not now, maybe later?):

Is there or is there not more equipments than saddle and brindle for the horses, I mean rugs (http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/Admin/Images/7310a290-8f8a-4e81-9d8a-855e84a8144e.jpg), headgollars (http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/Admin/Images/Large/108d69de-e99f-4171-8b5b-4bbe0f8296e0.jpg ), boots (http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/Admin/Images/aa2f2636-080e-4209-8a20-a452009ec540.jpg) and stuff like that? I really hope there is! :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi, maybe someone has already posted it somewhere here but

I've just seen this (http://www.facebook.com/thesims3uk).

Seems that while PLAY still is the only "retailer" (I think you can guess why it is in "") for the PC Pets LE, those with the Xbox and PS3 can get theirs from GAME. Good for them even though I think it is highly unfair that we, PC users, do not have the same option to just walk in store and buy DVD. I do not do Direct Downloads nor order my things online = no LE for me. =(

Get used to it because most companies seem to be heading in that direction. it supposely saves the publisher's money, but those savings are not passed down to the end user except when it comes to a sale like when Steam offers them. People need to pay attention to what Origins is all about. Origins is being heavily pushed and some of the reason there is not a big selection of retailers selling hard copies overseas and soon it will happen in the US. Read the gaming news it is all there.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • poloponypolopony Posts: 25
    edited August 2011
    I know this has nothing to do with the pet store but i was just wondering if you can only have a combined total of 8 people and pets in one household or if you can have more that 8 people and pets in one household???
    edited August 2011
    plavizdral wrote:
    i have qwestion to

SIMGURUGRAHAM
    can you tel me plz
    edited August 2011
    plavizdral wrote:
    i have qwestion to

SIMGURUGRAHM
    can you plz aswer on that?
  • SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2011
    polopony wrote:
    I know this has nothing to do with the pet store but i was just wondering if you can only have a combined total of 8 people and pets in one household or if you can have more that 8 people and pets in one household???
    You can have 6 different pets with a household and 8 different Sims. Can have 6 pets and 4 Sims. Overall maximum of 10 Sims and pets per household combined.
    edited August 2011
    sory for doble postig i reposted by misteke after submiting my post from some reson my post didnt show so i reposted agein
  • cvbhncvbhn Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I heard that on limited edition you get extra breeds (I think one of them was a tiger retreiver?) but what are the breeds?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited August 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

Thanks. :) (and I hope what I said makes sense!!)

So true! Graham listen to this and answer! (If he already answered why could you post a link to which page number)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top