Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandpoint Generations Version UPDATED 9th June 2011

Comments

• Options
    nvaughnnvaughn Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Please put the mediafire download up, I LOVE THIS WORLD :)
  • Options
    EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Stw! Yep I don't have Barnacle Bay lol. I'm having installation issues as well with both "add in game" and "save as" download options. It tells me to make sure I have the latest updates. I'll keep checking back. I'm so excited about this world. :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Dwlded and installed fine for me Stw. Can't wait to check it out. The pics look great and DD said it is great. So looking forward to it, as DD is a great judge of worlds for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2011
    I played this all day yesterday and put it on two, seperate Computers and had no problems. I really enjoyed it an will play more today. I was wondering though, when I saw images the Volcano was all glowy and various colors but it is not anymore, any reason why?
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2011
    I finally changed households to play another couple I placed in 1 W. Orchard to get them started with careers etc. I found that their energy bars were full and static. All the other bars decayed as they should.

I saved, exited, cleared cache files and reloaded the save. The energy bars were still static. I reset both sims and the energy bar now works properly. I don't know why only that bar was affected. These are sims I have used often in other worlds without a problem so I have no idea what caused this. After the female has her bachelorette party, I'm going to change to a game added sim and see if there is anything out of the ordinary going on with that energy bar on a town wide basis.

BTW, you might want to add a wall in the downstairs bath where you put the screen. LOL, I didn't snap to the fact there wasn't a wall there and since I moved the couple in as roomies, she shooed him clear out of the house when I sent her to use the restroom. It was so funny watching him leave the dinner table to go stand on the front porch. :lol:

Other than the energy bars mentioned, I haven't encountered anything else to report. I'm finding plenty of spawners and routing to every place I have been so far is fine. It's running smoothly and most enjoyable to play in.

eta: correct spelling
  • Options
    shaaaiiishaaaiii Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Would you say that this is a large world? I'm looking for one. Beautiful pictures, btw!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited June 2011
    YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Downloading while I type this. I have been waiting for this world to be released!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm just uploading a saved game version and some other goodies for the world, sorry about the delay, I wanted to test and make sure the saved game was working correctly before release.

The update will be available later today many thanks for your nice comments about this world. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    WOW guys don't forget to turn on the music before you enter this world for the first time! The intro camera flyover and the custom music alone are worth the download! :shock:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    nvaughnnvaughn Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Are you ever going to upload it to mediafire for those of us that cannot download from exchange.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've updated the first page with the following

UPDATE 9th June 2011

I've got a number of files to share for this world, currently I'm still having problem with the INI sky files, but rather than wait, I might not be able to fix the issue anyway, I will release the updates I planed to release for the world

Sandpoint Late Night Version

This version is for people who have all the expansion and stuff packs upto Late night, this pack also includes the CAW files, untouched with anything from Generations:-

Screenshot-79.jpg

Sandpoint Late Night Version is slightly different the Generations version, it does not contain the Wedding Gardens, but does contain 12 alternative houses, not used in the Generations version.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8btp2ga4z5amap

Sandpoint Saved Game

7 DEADLY SIMS

This special saved game contains many new Sims, you can play the game threw my eyes, all the Sims in the world contain relationships, you can enjoy the high drama that the Sims will bring to your game. All the Sims contain jobs and are a little fleshed out with personalty.

The 7 main family's are based upon the 7 deadly sins
    1. luxuria (lechery/lust)
    2. gula (gluttony)
    3. avaritia (avarice/greed)
    4. acedia (acedia/discouragement)
    5. ira (wrath)
    6. invidia (envy)
    7. superbia (pride)

It does not stop here 8th family is based upon Virtues, the final family's see the return of some of my favorite family's from my previous released world (Exotic World)

Screenshot-22-12.jpg

Just place the saved game in your C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ziivu788kak32s

Sandpoint Generations Version + Generation CAW files + CAW Resources

For anybody who might have problems installing the world via the launcher, you can try and install this version, if all else fails and you wish to still play the world, you can install via the CAW files

Screenshot-23-9.jpg

The CAW resource file included in this file, contains the artwork, Audio and INI file that where used in making the world.

Screenshot-24-4.jpg

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?voa9fc6ajtrbs7i

The Sim Pack + Sim Houses

This pack contains over 50 Sim households to add to your game, be careful using this pack with the saved game version, you don't want to duplicate any sims.

Screenshot-7-19.jpg

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?ha1yl3a1dmjbx33
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2011
    I came back to let you know that I didn't run into any other problems with energy bars, changing households several times. However, the point is moot because you've got the save game up, yay!

I also downloaded the sims and houses but I already have a lot of them. That's okay, though there are things in there that I didn't have, too, so I thank you for providing this file as well.

Great job on Sandpoint, Stw! Thank you so much for sharing with the community.

• Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited June 2011
    Stw402, Sandpoint is another wonderful world from your very talented good self. It looks incredible. I really love the concept of the seven deadly sins based families, that`s really very cool :wink:
  • Options
    shaaaiiishaaaiii Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2011
    shaaaiii wrote:
    Would you say that this is a large world? I'm looking for one. Beautiful pictures, btw!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Many thanks for your feedback so far on this world, I will try to reply to some of the messages:-

Illyianna2005 -
    When I saw images the Volcano was all glowy and various colors but it is not anymore, any reason why?

The Volcano explosions are done by camera changes, to see the volcano in action move your Sim to the location, when you Sim is on the volcano,hit the camera level down button and the go back up, this will activate the Volcano.

(Try searching the fire station????)

DOLLDRMS1 - I can wipe the sweat of my forehead, I'm pleased you have not found any errors. Many thanks for all your support in building this world, your a true Sim player
    I also downloaded the sims and houses but I already have a lot of them. That's okay, though there are things in there that I didn't have, too, so I thank you for providing this file as well.

The idea for the packs are designed to flesh out worlds, if you need a Sim household and fast, they are pretty good Sims to just place inside a world, they probable wont win any awards but they do the job of fleshing out worlds.

shaaaiii -

In world terms yes this is a large world, I've done my best to try and keep the world playable, this was more a priority than having hundreds of lots.

Cyron43 - Many thanks, I hope you enjoy the world :mrgreen:
    WOW guys don't forget to turn on the music before you enter this world for the first time! The intro camera flyover and the custom music alone are worth the download!

It actual is random, which music it will play when you start the game, you have about 30% chance of getting new music I added to the world. I will also say the flyover is over 2 minutes long and did take about 3 hours to design, I spent more time reloading game and testing the locations of the camera.

Many thanks again!!! :mrgreen:

nvaughn - Sorry about the delay this week, I was tweaking the saved game version and wanted to release all the stuff together.

Johnnywr -
    Stw402, Sandpoint is another wonderful world from your very talented good self. It looks incredible. I really love the concept of the seven deadly sins based families, that`s really very cool
    Many thanks your words mean a great deal, your designed worlds are amazing I Saskan Harbour & Mariners Reach are two of my favorite world, both worlds are very playable.

• Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi, :mrgreen:

It's beautiful. I really like the paint and the layout, excellent as always. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Many thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stw402 wrote:
    Cyron43 - Many thanks, I hope you enjoy the world :mrgreen:

Absolutely! :)
    This world has everything I love
    - the landscape is not too bumpy and not too flat, exactly the right amount.

- the buildings have a good architecture and most of all, they are playable! You know what I'm talking about. :wink:

- it has riddles (I'm an adventure fan (Myst series, Syberia, Portal 2))

- a very good amount of individuality. I especially like this point because all the standard worlds offer pretty much the same. Only Los Aniegos and the upcoming Oahu can compete with it.

However there's one thing I have to criticize: The ground lighting looks wrong at night because it's the same as during the daytime. Did you do this on purpose? I have also seen this in your exotic world but there I thought, "OK it's an exotic world. It has to be like that".
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Stw!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cyron43 - Many thanks for your nice comments about this world, a few things about worlds I see is trying to make a world look nice and keep playability. To many worlds look amazing but fall short in the playability part, I would rather have a box standard house that plays well than a massive mansion that takes 10 minutes to render. Most of the houses in Sandpoint are pretty boxed standard house, with few tweaks, I made a some my self.

With what you said about the adventure side of the world, I look back and think to myself could have I done more, but to much adventuring stuff and perhaps the world would lose that neighborhood feel, so I tried to balance the two. Time will tell if I was correct on that and at the end of the day people can always add more dungeons and stuff to a world, it only takes 5 minutes to download a lot.
    a very good amount of individuality. I especially like this point because all the standard worlds offer pretty much the same. Only Los Aniegos and the upcoming Oahu can compete with it.

There are many great world completed and in the making, that setra world blew me away, looking at the pictures of this world, it looks outstanding. :mrgreen:
    However there's one thing I have to criticize: The ground lighting looks wrong at night because it's the same as during the daytime. Did you do this on purpose?

I did have some last minute problems with the lighting, mainly to do with the sky INI, some of the files where not sticking to the world. I did have a concern about things getting to dark during the night, perhaps now the world is completed I can play about them INI files in a little more detail and perhaps get it better next time.

will2586 - Your very welcome :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DrewdogDrewdog Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2011
    *disregard my earlier request :D... found my answers eventually*

Welps I just went ahead & loaded the world with no problem. It's a gorgeous map---thanks dude all of your time & effort into all of this! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No problem, I'm pleased you like the world :mrgreen:
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited June 2011
    I installed the world and save file. But saved game is not showing up. i did recheck to make sure it's there. I guess what i'm asking is.it's supposed to show in my saved games and I just start there instead of creating a new game? right?

I liked your idea of the 7 deadly sims characters,lol. If you have some advice on that I would appreciate.

Thanks for the world
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello,I am curious about this World,and thinking about trying it, but I think I maybee will have trouble with a world so big.
    I have a question. There is one Link for LN and save file, I have Generation, so..that save file is that just for LN?

That save for Generation..50 household..? Sounds..Big..;-)

I have put some Generation houses in Sunset Valley,but when my sims live in those houses,game seems to crash alot..So Gen gues mean more trouble. Hm..I am a Adventure fan, so think I will try your game,but my adventure games dont crash, just EAs ;-)

Aha..it said "Generation Onley" :oops: aha..then I got it...was the 7 familys I was interested in..
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited June 2011
    Never mind I figured it out . I had the save file in before i had been able to dl the world. All is good.