Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandpoint Generations Version UPDATED 9th June 2011

13...Next

Comments

• lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hiya , your world looks simply stunning, can you tell me if it has any third pary CC ,other than patterns? Also does it have any mods?

Thanks you
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Sorry about the delay to answering your questions.

momboqueen-Pleased that you sorted out your problem. :D

Kariussa-
    There is one Link for LN and save file, I have Generation, so..that save file is that just for LN?
    There is no save file for LN, the link to the LN is for a empty world. The save file for generations is in the generations link.
    That save for Generation..50 household..? Sounds..Big..
    The world does not have 50 active households when you load in the world, the world contains about 15 active households with about 50 sims, the extra save contains more sim family's which you can add if you wish to add extra households.
    I have put some Generation houses in Sunset Valley,but when my sims live in those houses,game seems to crash alot..So Gen gues mean more trouble. Hm..I am a Adventure fan, so think I will try your game,but my adventure games dont crash, just EAs
    I'm currently playing 3rd generation of one of the family's in the save file, the game as not crashed to desktop once yet, touch wood.

lovingreds-
    Hiya , your world looks simply stunning, can you tell me if it has any third pary CC ,other than patterns? Also does it have any mods?
    That's a tricky question to answer, it does not contain any gameplay mods, but it does contain some alternative music, artwork and custom sky. But they are contained inside the world file so nothing will install outside that world. I don't really use mods anyway, unless it helps me build stuff and try even then only to use mods that I can design myself. I usual purge any mods prior to uploading anything anyway.

UPDATES

If anybody was wondering will I be making another world, I currently no plans to make another world just yet, I plan to have a break from building worlds, but I will be building a fantasy based castle soon, which will be able to download to add to any fantasy based worlds.

• Cece1297Cece1297 Posts: 61
    edited June 2011
    i don't know how to download it. It's really confusing. D;
    -excuse my stupidity, i'm only 13. D;
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2011
    I downloaded your world and then downloaded the generations save file and the save file is not showing up for me to play. The world is in the list of all the worlds I have downloaded, but the save file is not showing up available to play as my other savefile games do. Now what. I did check to make sure it is the savefile for the sims game in the EA documents files, so it is there . it is just not showing up when I go to play a game. Help please, I have never had this problem befor with save game files. :(
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2011
    It works fine for me and I have Windows 7 as my Operating System, I placed the file in Computer/ACER (C)/Users/User Name (Mine is Sara)/My Documents/The Sims 3/Saves.

If the World is showing up in your World list in Sims 3 but the Save file is not showing up in your list of saved games in Sims 3 then it is not the save file it is something to do with where it is placed.

I would suggest re-downloading the Save file then placing it in Start/Computer/C/Users/User Name (Mine is Sara)/My Documents/The Sims 3/Saves and see if that helps. It might be the file did not Download properly the first time which is why I suggest re-downloading it.
  • KatrynKatryn Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow, was a shock to see someone build this!
    Hehe, I grew up in Sandpoint. I had pondered building it once too.. but wanted to be sure to build in the bridge (complete with the stores on it.. though they always had this tendency to change a lot) but I was stumped how to build it... namely with the large logs that are used. So, I never did get around to doing it. Awesome to see someone has though!
  • luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2011
    I do not know where I put them CAW and Resources files? And whether the file is not placed sims.pack Download folder and install?
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2011
    I cant believe I just discovered this! I've been looking for good city style world to play for a while. Im downloading it now. :)
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Long time since I visited this thread :oops: so here are some replys to them messages:-
    Wow, was a shock to see someone build this!
    Hehe, I grew up in Sandpoint. I had pondered building it once too.. but wanted to be sure to build in the bridge (complete with the stores on it.. though they always had this tendency to change a lot) but I was stumped how to build it... namely with the large logs that are used. So, I never did get around to doing it. Awesome to see someone has though!

This is the actual picture that I based the world upon, you can still see some of my working out that I did over the map pic. It was only after I started the world that I released that there is a real Sandpoint in the world.

SandpointMap.jpg

It cross my mind to go back to the world one day and make a medival version of the world just like this map, but it's project on the back burner at the moment.
    I do not know where I put them CAW and Resources files? And whether the file is not placed sims.pack Download folder and install?

The Resources files where uploaded for other Caw users and anybody who wishes to have a play about with sandpoint inside caw, if you are just playing the game you don't need to do anything with the Resources files.
    I cant believe I just discovered this! I've been looking for good city style world to play for a while. Im downloading it now.

Many thanks, I hope you enjoy the world :D
  • smurfingtonsmurfington Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    This looks beautiful! Unfortunately, I downloaded the Late Night version from mediafire and it seems like the file is corrupted. If it's possible, can you upload it to mediafire again? Thanks!
  • SoBohemianSoBohemian Posts: 12
    edited March 2013
    This is so awesome! I grew up in Sandpoint. I can't wait to go home (yeah, I'm at work) and figure out how to install it. Do you have a current link to offer for the download? And will I need to "Save" or what... how to download?

I sent a link to my sister (still lives in Sandpoint) Hope she will try it as well. When I get it to work, I will tell you how close it is.

Good job in picking a place to build a world from.
  • SimmyRNSimmyRN Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Your world looks lovely - good job! Unfortunately, when I downloaded it, the billboards in the world were custom content billboards that overwrote the EIG billboards. I'm guessing that the billboards are in the world somehow as the items that showed when scanned with CUSTARD all appeared to be Barnacle Bay items. When I uninstalled the world, billboards reverted to game billboards. I hope you can fix it as it looks to be a great world to play! Thanks!