The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    JLySpearsJLySpears Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Are you going to update it for pets?
    Just wondering :XD:

I hope so, it's fantastic! I love it!
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited November 2011
    LynxAQ,

I have a question for you. I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I cannot any Rainbow gems. I mean I understand all of the hard work that you put into making this awesome town but there are not a lot of different gems. The only thing that I can find is Ruby's. Are there other gems and I'm just not seeing them?
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited November 2011
    The gems are on spawners. The spawners are not specific and certain spawners are shared by several type of gems. So the rainbow gem shares it spawner with a few others - cant remember the exact gems atm. So it just looks like a possible string of bad luck perhaps.

I have had no problems finding a rainbow gem in some games and then couldnt get a single one in another game.

If it gets fustrating, place a few more spawners of your own ingame :).
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited November 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    The gems are on spawners. The spawners are not specific and certain spawners are shared by several type of gems. So the rainbow gem shares it spawner with a few others - cant remember the exact gems atm. So it just looks like a possible string of bad luck perhaps.

I have had no problems finding a rainbow gem in some games and then couldnt get a single one in another game.

If it gets fustrating, place a few more spawners of your own ingame :).

Okay, thanks! :D
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi, there.

Since pets came out, I've been meaning to ask you a question about your town. Does Sunset Valley 2 count as a city? I don't have any wild horse spawns, so I was just curious if the game considers this (as it's a custom hood, technically) as a city and not a town.

Thank you if you can provide an answer. It's not a problem or complaint, just a curiosity!
  • Options
    Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member
    edited November 2011
    JustKeepSimming,

I am using this town and all of the spawners are working. I have the wild animals, the unicorns, and so on. I hope this helps.

BTW...This is my favorite town. I won't play with any other.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2011
    I just installed Late Night last night, so I'm finally able to install this world. Guess at this point I should wait for the updated for Pets version, no?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited November 2011
    You know what would be cool? if another area in sunset valley was opened up and filled with the equestrian centers and such.

Sorry I LOVE this version of sunset valley so much
    I'm eager for it to be updated
    sorry :oops:
  • Options
    ceksouceksou Posts: 30 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Please please please tell me you gonna make an updated version of this with Pets. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I am currently updating the world - I will have a new version uploaded hopefully by the end of this week.
  • Options
    Frank0605Frank0605 Posts: 17
    edited November 2011
    good news thank you so much =)
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited November 2011
    ya an update for pets i take it. :)
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    I am currently updating the world - I will have a new version uploaded hopefully by the end of this week.

Awesome! Any chance of talking you into making an empty one with no people in it? This is by far my fave world to play in. I love it!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:

I have a tiny request. Could you put slightly more gem/metal spawners. I was working on the make 3 monster LTW and had all the materials except for the metal that is used. I found one around but it never spawned again.
  • Options
    Princeton09Princeton09 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Aw darn I just started a new game in the old Sunset Valley, if I saw this alot sooner I would have definetely downloaded! I love the new lots you've added near the ocean, I always loved those ones the most 8)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    jennemm75 wrote:
    LynxAQ wrote:

I have a tiny request. Could you put slightly more gem/metal spawners. I was working on the make 3 monster LTW and had all the materials except for the metal that is used. I found one around but it never spawned again.

Spawners are one of the big contributing factors to a town running badly. As this town is very big already, especially with the pets update, I feel I will keep the density of spawners as is. You can always add more yourself using the buy debug :).

Update on pets version - it is all completed and I am just testing it with a few friends. Will upload once I am satisfied it is all good to go.
  • Options
    LadyAroraLadyArora Posts: 408 New Member
    edited November 2011
    <.< I have been stalking this thread all weekend seeing if the new version was going to be up... XD Though sadly during the time my computer was borked but now it's fixed... <.< I hope the new version will come up soon!

<.< Pictures? Please? XD

>.< Though I have no idea what I'm going to do about my other games that have the old version...

SO CAN'T WAIT...
  • Options
    morgiejmorgiej Posts: 77 Member
    edited November 2011
    I use to play this town for all my familys, and now that I have Sims 3 pets installed, every time I try to start a new game it crashes! Help!
  • Options
    ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2011
    Crashing with Pets is a Pets problem - not this world. There is a 40+ page thread about the crashing issue in the Pets section. Check it out - it has some suggestions for things that you can try, to correct the problem. Or, you can Google "Pets crashing" and there are literally pages and pages on the Net about this issue.
    Anyway, I tried all the fixes, and none of them worked for me when I tried to play the town that came with Pets, but AP is seriously borked. I can play other towns okay, just not AP. If you use mods, you can use Twallan's MC to kill off all the raccoons and deer, as some of them are causing crashes. Having large pets, supposedly, are also causing people problems. But until EA bothers to come out with a patch, not sure what else to tell you.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    morgiejmorgiej Posts: 77 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's weird though; it only crashes when I try to start a new game in this world. Any other world it works just fine.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    jennemm75 wrote:
    LynxAQ wrote:

Spawners are one of the big contributing factors to a town running badly. As this town is very big already, especially with the pets update, I feel I will keep the density of spawners as is. You can always add more yourself using the buy debug :).

Update on pets version - it is all completed and I am just testing it with a few friends. Will upload once I am satisfied it is all good to go.

oooh I didn't know that. That is cool. I tried the buydebug thingie, I was getting desperate, but I could not find the one that spawns the Palladium. Do you know which one it is?

Again, I LOVE this world. it is by far my favorite. I appreciate all the work you put into it *hugs*
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LadyArora wrote:
    <.< I have been stalking this thread all weekend seeing if the new version was going to be up... XD Though sadly during the time my computer was borked but now it's fixed... <.< I hope the new version will come up soon!

<.< Pictures? Please? XD

>.< Though I have no idea what I'm going to do about my other games that have the old version...

SO CAN'T WAIT...

Me too! I am excited for this update, just as much as I get with the new EP's
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ctx43801 wrote:
    Crashing with Pets is a Pets problem - not this world. There is a 40+ page thread about the crashing issue in the Pets section. Check it out - it has some suggestions for things that you can try, to correct the problem. Or, you can Google "Pets crashing" and there are literally pages and pages on the Net about this issue.
    Anyway, I tried all the fixes, and none of them worked for me when I tried to play the town that came with Pets, but AP is seriously borked. I can play other towns okay, just not AP. If you use mods, you can use Twallan's MC to kill off all the raccoons and deer, as some of them are causing crashes. Having large pets, supposedly, are also causing people problems. But until EA bothers to come out with a patch, not sure what else to tell you.
    Good luck.

I think all the animals are causing the majority of the issues with crashing. I noticed that with this hood I can play for days and days. Once many Wild horses and other wild animals generate it will start to crash. What I do is put all the families I want to keep in the bin, and start a clean fresh game. I have a "model" of this world that I emptied all the people out of, and I just use it, plop the families back down, and start a fresh game.

I lose relationships, but it is a small price to pay for not having to start over, or losing a family I have played through several generations. I have learned that if the parents are deceased all the kids will still have the relationships due to the family tree, and the deceased parents. Like i said though, it is a small price to pay not to have to start all over with a new family.
  • Options
    ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2011
    Don't know if you use Mods, but Twallan has a Mod that will limit the number of animals that are spawned in your game. His mods are very safe to use, and fix a lot of the problems that EA has yet to deal with. You can find all of his Mods over at Nraas - no registration is required to download them. And they are updated reqularly.
    If you're not familiar with what, exactly, his Mods do - or how to use them - and don't want to read through his readme files (excellent, but a bit mind-numbing), the Sims Daily Forum has several threads about his mods. Just look under their Sims 3 help section. (again, you don't have to be a member, but if you are, you can post, and don't have to worry about anyone biting your head off when you ask questions.)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I have used his MODs and I will for sure be checking out that one about the animals. My fave MOD is the Saver.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top