Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    They have done LAA with the LN patch.

It's not an issue anymore unless you are on a 32 bit system but there's not much EA can do about that.
    I don't understand. Are you saying I need a new computer to play this game now?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    No, you don't. Just enough RAM and a 64-bit operating system. Their system recommendation is way to low if you have all EPs.

I have all EPs, only HELs and my game was crashing. Since I upgraded to 6 GB of RAM and Win 7 64 Bit, I have not had a problem with crashing or error 12.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited May 2011
    My sims won't age up :? I have aging enabled, yet they still won't age.
  • Options
    amorvidaamorvida Posts: 498 Member
    edited May 2011
    My sim married Mr Cruz (he's really hot and met him through the daycare profession, i looked after his little guy)
    Anyway when they married the guy shoould move in with my sim but they are married and he hasnt been added to the family

No mods are being used
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @nicolebrittanyy: Could you describe the symptoms in more detail ? Do they just stand there doing nothing when you try to blow out the candles or do you never get an age trigger message or does their bar just stay at the same level all the time ?

@amorvida: Mr Cruz is a inhabitant of your town (not a foreign one), correct ? I will go through the post tomorrow when we get the patch and compile any errors then.

EDIT: I'm off to bed. Please keep bumping.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    No, you don't. Just enough RAM and a 64-bit operating system. Their system recommendation is way to low if you have all EPs.

I have all EPs, only HELs and my game was crashing. Since I upgraded to 6 GB of RAM and Win 7 64 Bit, I have not had a problem with crashing or error 12.
    Soudns like I need a new computer then, because I'm told that my hardware cannot support Win7, but I don't understand why. I was told it had something to do with the motherboard.

All I know is that I'm running WinXP and I maxed out my computer at 3GB of RAM. Again, any more, and I'll need a computer.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @nicolebrittanyy: Could you describe the symptoms in more detail ? Do they just stand there doing nothing when you try to blow out the candles or do you never get an age trigger message or does their bar just stay at the same level all the time ?

Sorry.. I should have elaborated more. It's hard to explain, so I'll take a screenshot instead.

I have aging enabled
    5778891622_73b4e457d9.jpg

But when I check to see how many days my sim has until aging up, this happens
    5778347939_cf79ee5ff9.jpg

The days go by, and the bar never fills. It's like this with all of my sims... they're not aging.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I read that there's a LTR that gives your Sims a potion that prevents aging. The only way to counter it is to throw a birthday party with the birthday cake.

What are the odds that this feature may not be programed properly right now, which is why some Sims are not aging? I mean, it's entirely possible for this feature to have gotten confused on a coding level and instead of just activating on selective Sims, it activated for ALL Sims even if they don't have the LTR.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I read that there's a LTR that gives your Sims a potion that prevents aging. The only way to counter it is to throw a birthday party with the birthday cake.

What are the odds that this feature may not be programed properly right now, which is why some Sims are not aging? I mean, it's entirely possible for this feature to have gotten confused on a coding level and instead of just activating on selective Sims, it activated for ALL Sims even if they don't have the LTR.

Yep! There's definitely a LTW that prevents aging. I'm gonna throw a birthday party and I'll let ya know how it goes.

PS. I started a new game, and the aging worked fine, but when I went back to the previous game it stopped working again. I'm thinking it's that specific family that is not aging... hmmm. But I'm gonna throw the birthday party, and I'll come back here.

Edit: It won't even let me age a sim up using the birthday cake. It's blocked out and it says "Nobody on this lot is able to age up" (or something like that). I saved my sims to the bin, and I've started a new game with them. The aging works fine now - it just sucks that I have to lose all their relationships, careers and skills :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think I found a new bug:(
    Every time I use the 'Edit in CAS' cheat, and try to put more body hair on my sim.
    But everytime I go to another section, for example clothes, all of the body hair disappears:!:
    This happened every single time I messed with the body hair on my sim, then tried to go to another section:!:

I saved before I did this cheat. When I saw that it disappeared, I thought it would revert after clicking on the checkmark button:P
    Well, it was gone...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I saved my sims to the bin, and I've started a new game with them. The aging works fine now - it just sucks that I have to lose all their relationships, careers and skills :(
    Uh oh, you have me worried now.

I've always been able to transfer Bin-Saved Sims without loss of their skills or career ranks. I didn't care much for their relationships outside of the ones within the household itself. If I end up loosing all three now... :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Every time I use the 'Edit in CAS' cheat, and try to put more body hair on my sim.
    But everytime I go to another section, for example clothes, all of the body hair disappears:!:
    This happened every single time I messed with the body hair on my sim, then tried to go to another section:!:

I saved before I did this cheat. When I saw that it disappeared, I thought it would revert after clicking on the checkmark button:P
    Well, it was gone...
    Is this problem exclusive to the Edit in CAS cheat? Can you still add body hair and put clothes on your Sim in the regular, non-cheat-activated CAS?
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Well, it was gone...
    Is this problem exclusive to the Edit in CAS cheat? Can you still add body hair and put clothes on your Sim in the regular, non-cheat-activated CAS?

Yep:D
    But when I do it via the new cheat, it disappears when I add body hair, then go to a new section.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2011
    My game goes berserk after exiting build/buy mode, it will say i'm playing a sim and then when I click on another sim both sims squares become outlined, the picture doesn't change. However their wishes, mood, and needs to become the selected sims's though. Should I re-install?
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited May 2011
    For some odd reason my sims wont use the loft/bunkbeds. They will walk up to them then the action will cancel the only mods i have right now are the ones to remove the simbot walk style and one to remove the "A simbot" reaction. I removed the others cause i herd they changed how the game works.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    squiggyorbsquiggyorb Posts: 23
    edited May 2011
    Hi everyone,

I bought Generations yesterday 30/5/10 (For some reason it came out a day earlier in Australia) and installed it, the game worked fine, and I have all my EPs and SPs updated to the latest version. The only mods I have are hairstyles, a couple of patterns and some furnature. These all worked fine when I first played the game.

I just went to go play it now, but it won't launch. The launcher comes up, but when I press the 'play' button, nothing happens. I uninstalled Generations and re-installed it - Still no luck. I am running the game on Windows XP via BootCamp on my Mac, which has the following specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro. I know I can run it directly on the Mac OS, but as with my other games, I use Windows.

I'm rather puzzled about this, although I did have a little trouble exiting out of the game last night. I saved my game before I quit and as it went to the black screen, all it did was stay there for ages. So I just did a force quit. Not sure if this is what caused the problem though.

Thanks

Jamie
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Nice Crinrict! :wink::lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Welp, here's hoping the Release Day Patch actually fixes things rather than breaks things. It should be interesting to see the list of fixes and broken features when the patch populates enough players' games.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2011
    Glitch/Bug: My sim sees to have "memories" that they didn't really have. For example, my female sim (Serena) taught her son (Donald) how to walk, however Serena and her husband (Mike) both got the memory "taught son to walk", how could her husband get the memory when he didn't do it?

Info

1. Are you using any CC or mods ?
    NOPE!!!! Mod FREE

3. If you’re not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

No!!! never used them
    4. What EPs do you own

I'm currently running all EPS and SPs except World Adventures and Generations. I won't have Generations installed until tomorrow.

5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. Post them for every EP you have.

7.0.55.0111001 Patch Level

I downloaded the "unofficial" patch from Simprograms.
    6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can’t read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)

running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, It's an HP, laptop, 4 GB Ram, 64-bit Amd Turion II PS20 Dual Processor, 2.3 GHz

7. Did you start a new game for Generations or are you playing an existing

I tried the patch on an existing family.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @nicolebrittanyy: It definitely looks like they were stuck in some kind of none-aging state. As ZeekSlider says, you should only loose your relationships. Did that change ?

Did you try if you can age them via testingcheats ? Was this an pre-Gen game you were playing ?

@elijahhines10: Just to get it straight: When you do this in CAS in the beginning of the game, body hair works fine but when you use the cheat, it doesn't ? Is your base game still patched to 1.22 or did you revert that ?

@drake_mccarty: Do you have any pics ? I really can't imagine how that would look like.

@EatChees: Remove ALL mods and then try again.

@squiggyorb: Can you start your game directly ? There's a file called ts3w.exe in your game\bin folder (not sure about the patch on macs). Just doubleclick on that to see if that works.

@BreeSasha: As far as I remember, they changed that both parents get their wishes fulfilled if a toddlers learns to walk, whether they actually taught the little one or not. That might have something to do with it. Also did the Sim taught everything or did they switch ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited May 2011

Well, it was gone...
    I had the exact same issue so I went in to cas and created a male sim with the hairiest hair levels (of body hair and put him in game, the body hair finally started showing up) no idea though why it's so delayed in catching up.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited May 2011
    ok i got one....

i had on 1 lot...

husband
    wife
    son and daughter-in-law

about 1 sim week ago...husband dies..and
    i put grave in graveyard...

now after i loaded generations..the husband does not show up in in wife's family tree...but does show up in the son's and daughter-in-laws family tree
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Yep! There's definitely a LTW that prevents aging. I'm gonna throw a birthday party and I'll let ya know how it goes.

PS. I started a new game, and the aging worked fine, but when I went back to the previous game it stopped working again. I'm thinking it's that specific family that is not aging... hmmm. But I'm gonna throw the birthday party, and I'll come back here.

Edit: It won't even let me age a sim up using the birthday cake. It's blocked out and it says "Nobody on this lot is able to age up" (or something like that). I saved my sims to the bin, and I've started a new game with them. The aging works fine now - it just sucks that I have to lose all their relationships, careers and skills :(

I think this is a common issue every time a new EP and patch comes out.

So far, every time I’ve installed a new EP & patch something goes wrong with prior, saved games. Once I started a new game everything would appear to be working as it should be.

It’s the BIG thing I dread every time a new EP comes out, losing months of hard work and families I’ve worked generation after generation lost. Copying them over into a new game is just not the same since they lose so much like family and friend relationships.
    Anyway, since this has happened to me each time I get the idea that games saved prior to any EP are not compatible to new EP’s, but that’s my opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @Jenieusa: Pics ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    squiggyorbsquiggyorb Posts: 23
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @squiggyorb: Can you start your game directly ? There's a file called ts3w.exe in your game\bin folder (not sure about the patch on macs). Just doubleclick on that to see if that works.

Ok cool. I just tried that now and it worked, so I'm presuming it may be the Launcher. But am still a little confused, seeing as before I bought Generations, it launched OK through the launcher. Must be a bit 'Moody' I guess.... Either that or it's the computer, as I just found out I am running a 32-bit version of Windows XP Professional

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top