Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think this is a common issue every time a new EP and patch comes out.

So far, every time I’ve installed a new EP & patch something goes wrong with prior, saved games. Once I started a new game everything would appear to be working as it should be.

It’s the BIG thing I dread every time a new EP comes out, losing months of hard work and families I’ve worked generation after generation lost. Copying them over into a new game is just not the same since they lose so much like family and friend relationships.
    Anyway, since this has happened to me each time I get the idea that games saved prior to any EP are not compatible to new EP’s, but that’s my opinion.
    I learned that the hard way with Ambitions. :( I guess I won't be able to do the "Lifetime" game I wanted to do until the franchise pumps out their very last EP/SP. Maybe then I can actually play one of those legacies that require more than 8 Generations like the Alphabet Legacy.
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @elijahhines10: Just to get it straight: When you do this in CAS in the beginning of the game, body hair works fine but when you use the cheat, it doesn't ? Is your base game still patched to 1.22 or did you revert that ?

Yep:)
    I also still have patch 1.22
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jenieusa: Pics ?

2cr7lnn.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Guess Family Trees are STILL broken. :roll: They claim they fixed this WA bug a long time ago, but mine still break whenever I go on vacation to a WA world.

Looks like Generations breaks the Family Tree as well.
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Welp, here's hoping the Release Day Patch actually fixes things rather than breaks things. It should be interesting to see the list of fixes and broken features when the patch populates enough players' games.
    I doubt the release day patch will fix any Generations glitches though...

How come the patch didn't come with Generations in the first place...?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    @Jenieusa: Wasn't that always like that, that you loose the connection to your dead husband ? Sorry, I've not been playing a lot lately. When you don't have any kids, you never know who you were married to in the first place. I'm really unsure about this though.

@ZeekSlider: Could you do me a favor and stop with all the negativity ? We really don't know what patch we are getting yet and what is fixed and what is not. You are welcome to post any bugs YOU see but I don't want any hearsays because I will need the info from the person that actually has the problem.

@JohanFoppa: We really don't know yet what patch we are getting. They usually do include it but maybe they made some last-minute fixes and we get 1.22 as the one that leaked. 1.21 IS included on the DVD-

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2011
    I only have had limited game play time this morning, but my family I loaded up was missing their butler. I had to hire a new one. No biggie, just wanted to report it, it's easy enough to hire a new one, bummer to lose the friendship thou w/ old one.
    will report back after I check some more households.
    edited May 2011
    Sabrosa wrote:
    I only have had limited game play time this morning, but my family I loaded up was missing their butler. I had to hire a new one. No biggie, just wanted to report it, it's easy enough to hire a new one, bummer to lose the friendship thou w/ old one.
    Did your butler just quit and you didn't get the notice or was this one of those "He was there last time I played my saved game, but now he's not" scenarios? You can tell if they quit because you still maintain their friendship.
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I just start playing, my game was: 7.0.55.010017 now it is 8.0.152.01101 the problem that i have got was (sorry for my english) the message about shop and other bulding don't show on the town view. So I have to look over for all stuff. If i saw some bugs or fixes I will not you guys. maybe it was becouse I play afther instaling. I hope it was only this :oops:
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have a huge bug so far. My game won't even open. Not to happy with generations so far.
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jenieusa: Wasn't that always like that, that you loose the connection to your dead husband ? Sorry, I've not been playing a lot lately. When you don't have any kids, you never know who you were married to in the first place. I'm really unsure about this though.
    No. When a spouse or family member died, they don't lose the connection in their family tree. The icon just grays out to show they have passed on. Before WA, this was a great way to trace back a legacy to the original character, as all you had to do was keep clicking on the parent to get the previous generation.

What should have happened in the picture is that the wife should have had a connection link to a grayed out picture of the husband. If she re-married, she would still have that link, but it would be one of those "dotted" links similar to the one in the second picture that the brothers have.

At least, that's how it worked in my last multi-generation legacy game I had before I deleted it.
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited May 2011
    1. I'm using CC, no mods at the moment

3. Yep, I removed all my mods

4. All

5. Well the latest one...

6. Windows 7, Enough RAM, ATI Radeon 4200

7. Playing existing one

My "Having a blast" moodlets and "Having Fun" moodlets only last 50 seconds :/ The fun bar will hit zero in about 2 minutes or so

Also my zoom barely works. My game is very quick otherwise, but the zoom takes FOREVER.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    AFAIK this is the normal behaviour. On death of one spouse their marital state ends. Otherwise the widow or widower would not be able to perhaps marry again, because there's no or at least no easy way for them to break up with a dead husband. In the beginning it was even that their status changed to ex-wife or ex-husband and they hated each other, too. I know this because I have a mod that changes this hate thing. As I've used that mod ever since, I don't know, however, whether, this hate-hate relationship is still in the vanilla game.

Edit: At least my pre-Generations, 1.19 patch family trees look exactly like that, if one parent is dead both can only be seen when I click on the child's tree.
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Sabrosa wrote:
    Did your butler just quit and you didn't get the notice or was this one of those "He was there last time I played my saved game, but now he's not" scenarios? You can tell if they quit because you still maintain their friendship.

I think its just a glitch on that family, he is no longer in their relationship panel.
    In another neighborhood my family still has their butler. So most likely it's just a random glitch on my other family.
    Ha, new butler is cuter and my sim is single, might be time to test out the new wedding features.
    edited May 2011
    Oh also, there are no romantic interactions... As said I have no mods in only CC items
    And sims talk to themselves ECESSIVELY. When I go to the park it sound like the army of the living dead... There are grunts and unnngghhs and uhhhhs and everything .___.

Also they can't seem to think for themselves. There were like 7 starving sims outside a restaurant, and instead of going into it and eating, 2 of them died -___-
    So. Many. Problems.
    edited May 2011
    bump...?
    edited May 2011
    Sorry guys, but I have friends over tonight. I'll check back in later tonight. Just keep posting and please be as detailed as possible.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    Snapdragon wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    AFAIK this is the normal behaviour. On death of one spouse their marital state ends. Otherwise the widow or widower would not be able to perhaps marry again, because there's no or at least no easy way for them to break up with a dead husband. In the beginning it was even that their status changed to ex-wife or ex-husband and they hated each other, too. I know this because I have a mod that changes this hate thing. As I've used that mod ever since, I don't know, however, whether, this hate-hate relationship is still in the vanilla game.

Edit: At least my pre-Generations, 1.19 patch family trees look exactly like that, if one parent is dead both can only be seen when I click on the child's tree.

No NO nO and no....it was not like that yesterday.....
    edited May 2011
    Oh also, there are no romantic interactions... As said I have no mods in only CC items
    And sims talk to themselves ECESSIVELY. When I go to the park it sound like the army of the living dead... There are grunts and unnngghhs and uhhhhs and everything .___.

Also they can't seem to think for themselves. There were like 7 starving sims outside a restaurant, and instead of going into it and eating, 2 of them died -___-
    So. Many. Problems.
    Is this on an exisiting game or a new game?

If it is on an exisiting one, try starting a new game and see if these problems pop up again.
    edited May 2011
    OK WAIT...................

Did that happen because she is not in mourning anymore????
    edited May 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    OK WAIT...................

Did that happen because she is not in mourning anymore????
    Being in mourning doesn't matter in relation to the family tree. It only affects the moodlet. The family tree is just the personal relationship history for that Sim in relation to the entire family legacy.
    edited May 2011
    Still, the people in town are being annoyingly loud >.>
    The thing thats really bugging me is the moodlet issue UGHH I've never had bugs before D:
    edited May 2011
    Could you please refrain from bumping for a while ?

Thank you.
    AHQ Tutorial

• MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:

@ZeekSlider: Could you do me a favor and stop with all the negativity ? We really don't know what patch we are getting yet and what is fixed and what is not. You are welcome to post any bugs YOU see but I don't want any hearsays because I will need the info from the person that actually has the problem.

@JohanFoppa: We really don't know yet what patch we are getting. They usually do include it but maybe they made some last-minute fixes and we get 1.22 as the one that leaked. 1.21 IS included on the DVD-

For the "bug" Jenieusa is having : they lose their connection to the dead spouse in order to get re-maried... It has always been like this. I don't think it's a bug...
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited May 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    Snapdragon wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

No NO nO and no....it was not like that yesterday.....

It has alwasys been like that:wink:
    Are you sure you didn't have a mod that changed it:?:
    Last year, I had my sims husband die, and he was no longer connected to her as a spouse:P
    You could only see him by going to the childs family tree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top