Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Musicman :mrgreen:

Which world- the one I just uploaded to Mediafire to test- Isle of Sims?
    It has - World Adventures/Ambitions/Pets/Season/Supernatural/University & Riverview

Yep, it's the boats wanting to go right to the fish spawners and plants that's killing my world pathing. I'm going to be blocking off a lot of a areas in the swamp to get them to go only one or two places (if I can). :D
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey Rflong!

Do you have any plans for a new world? Are you planning on revisiting Bellatrix with ITF stuff? I wonder if I am remembering incorrectly, or if you were just fixing something with it, or what but I thought I'd shoot in and ask.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey Rflong - just thought I would let you know I have been testing the new version (test version) of Isle of Sims in two saves - this week - one save is exactly as it comes with just one of my own sims added and a second version with a whole population of my sims added and some lots added from the store like the board walk, the dance studio, as well as some clubs, some ST venues, and other ep stuff (oh and several resorts too). In both cases I am having no issues at all. I must admit the one with nothing added but my sims is - well very quiet with not a lot going on in the community yet - while the one with 40 added sims and as many venues and such as I could place, is tons of fun.

I have not seen any sims using boats of any kind in either version, but I do see sims snorkeling and swimming a lot in the more populated one. Oddly I was surprised though the game itself moved in a family of mer - sims into you family size hut in the version I did nothing to and I do see the dad swimming in merman form while the mom mermaid just plays in the water and on the beach with their toddler merbaby. I have not seen the mom sprouting her mermaid tale at all. I was worried when I saw the mer folks seeing there is no dive spots or kelp or things the merfolks need but was relieved to see the local grocery store does sell kelp and they seem to be fairing just fine. I do miss having any ports or dive spots in a world as lately I have only been playing worlds that have them like BC and Flstriders world and Tammie Jo's. Still it is good to see the game will indeed add the merfolks and supply their basic needs even with you adding no IP stuff to the world. And it appears at least for swimming and snorkeling the water/beach is acceptable to the IP programming to handle the merfolks need. I actually just finally took my sims swimming/snorkeling there last night after I saw the merfolk and when I clicked on the water I did get a offer for my sim to use the windsurfer so that is another plus as some world with no added IP stuff also do not offer to even allow the sims to use any water craft.

Anyway just thought I would let you know as I have not seen any one replying about testing it. (Can't figure out why as it is a great world and plays just perfectly.) It has been a delight and although I suspected water activity would be limited to maybe just swimming - I was pleasantly surprised as well as seeing there have been no issues at all without additional IP or ITF stuff here. As Also the game auto places the ITF travel thingy in both versions and travelling to the ITF world has no issues. Saves are amazingly fast and both world versions run smooth as glass. It really is great to be back on the Isle of Sims even if it is not a ball of frenzied activity that BC is with all it's many wonderful lots - it is none the less fun and somewhat more restful - and really seems to cry out for resorts/vacationing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi, WR :D

So glad to see you. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for testing it. I finished her version and redid the bridges and added the 🐸🐸🐸🐸/Vault/grocery store. I'm glad it's working well so I can update it for all the versions. :mrgreen:

I had to change the bridges, the WA ones just won't work. :(
    screenshot_original.jpg

And the Grocery Store...
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm also really wanting to finish the world I started years ago. It was to be a Pirate, Fairy, Native type world but now I want to add Merfolk, Vampires, Werewolves, and an area for wild animals... on a medium world. :lol:

I've just always liked it. I got the idea and color plan from another game picture I saw online. I wish I still had the picture so I could build the pirate area I liked. :D

Pirate area
    Pirates_zps570b880a.jpg

Fairy Village
    FairyVillage_zps4b7fbd2c.jpg

Jungle/Beach villages
    Jungle_zpsa043202b.jpg

Path to the other side of the island
    TrailthruMount_zps543552d9.jpg

There will only be small road areas in the Vampire town. I want it dark and spooky there but I haven't worked on that side yet.. :D
  • Options
    shelleyannshelleyann Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Rflong my favourite world of all time is Isle of Sims II so excited you are updating it. The link to test it is not working I would love to test it for you if you still need anymore people?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh wow, I love the looks of that. Great idea and right up my alley for sure. Definitely will be very interested in that world especially with all the stuff we have now. We can make the pirates sail the rugged seas even.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi :D

@shelleyann- Thanks! It was a favorite of mine for a long while. :mrgreen:

This Isle of Sims was edited for someone who wanted to place their favorite lots so there's many tiny lots along the beach. Besides having specific expansions. :)
    It's here if you want to try it- http://www.mediafire.com/download/0d290j49f96bbvo/Isle_of_Sims.Sims3Pack

@WR- Cool! :mrgreen:
    I just wish I was able to build like I used to~ Dang carpel tunnel. :(
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    OMG :shock:

Please oh please finish this world!
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited April 2014
    Rflong I would love to test the new Isle of sims but I guess I have to uninstall the old one, Right?
    Wow I love the sound of your new world with the SN theme, very happy. :thumbup:
    Will be looking forward to testing that one too. :D
    Can't remember if I dl'd the updated Legacy world too much going on in my rl right now, I think I haven't as I have a game going on. Can't have both I guess.
    Feeling a little groggy have been so busy with so many things going on. Hugs.
    Just checked on LI so now I know I haven't dl'd it. Saw that you are using ITF so I guess I will not be able to dl it as I don't have that ep. Oh well I do have the last update which I love. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Going to dl now, so looking forward to testing it. Haven't been able to play for a while so this will be a double treat. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi, Rukaya :D

This one doesn't have much and it has some tiny lots. I haven't gotten to all the lots to fully update this one. I don't think I'll need ITF for this, just the basic lots because it's a small island. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Have been playing and sending my sim, Kiana all over the place. No problems. Funny thing tho so far all the game generated sims/families have been gals, no guys. Will have to add one of my male sims so Kiana won't be so lonely. did add the P.U.RE.. dance club tho. I am getting tired of the weather just grey cloudy skies, no blue sky and rain. First thing I had to buy Kiana an umbrella. :( Surprising for a tropical island. But I have noticed since I had to reinstall my game it seems like all my worlds that i play are more overcast. Maybe it is just me, I haven't really had much time to play.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, haven't had a chance to play again, but will try this weekend. This world is lovely. I am going to chance some the weather options and see what I can do about the gloomy weather. This over abundance of rain has been occurring in all my worlds. don't know why. am beginning to loathe the Seasons EP. :?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rukaya, I actually turn off rain and hail in all but the worlds I want to look gloomy. Like the SN world, Haunted Valley, Moonlight Hollow as I got tired of the soaked moodlet (which is kind of silly in a tropical world while sims are swimming to only get the soaked moodlet if it rains - they are already wet. So I stopped getting annoyed by shutting of the hail and rain feature. (I also have winter and fall set to just 4 days in all the tropical worlds - I shut them off completely but wanted the festival parties and such so I have found 4 days to be good enough. I have summer and Spring set to 28 days un all the tropical worlds. In the gloomy worlds it is just the opposite - winter and fall are both 28 days - I allow all the weather in those, and I have Spring set for 1 week, with summer for 4 days.

It is great. I also shut off rain and hail in the Uni world - with summer 4 days - Fall 7 days - winter 14 days so it was more like when I went to college in New England as that world looks like NE to me. A lot like New haven, Connecticut where I first went to college.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Reggie thank you so much. You are brilliant. :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    shelleyannshelleyann Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Really enjoying playing the updated version of the isle of sims thank you so much. So beautiful. Do you think the other version you are working on will have ports for houseboats please and dive lots.....crosses fingers and toes. Thank you again for creating such stunning worlds.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Rflong7 I've started a new legacy in your Glenvale County and had to edit it a bit for the 1660 time period.The story is GLEN HARBOR LEGACY.I replaced the rabbit hole buildings with my own designs and used the rabbit hole rugs for the grocery store and for city hall and even for the hospital.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi :D

@ShelleyAnn
    Thanks! :mrgreen:
    I am going to update Isle of Sims when Legacy Island is done- which both will have dive lots. :)

@TadOlson- Awesome, Thanks for sharing! I hope it works well for you. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2014
    great :D:D love your worlds
  • Options
    dorneviperdorneviper Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2014
    Rflong I love your worlds!!!...by far my favorite is Mountain Lake....I was wondering if you are going to update it?...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Moefy~ Thanks! :mrgreen:

Hi Dorneviper- Thanks! :D
    I hope to update most of my worlds. I can't say when though. :)
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello! Happy Easter :mrgreen:

I recently saw you're updating Legacy Island--that's awesome! I absolutely adore the beach circle cove thing you have (not sure the proper term); the contrast of colors is so neat.

I'm not sure if you have the answer to this, but do you plan to update Longview 2 with IP/ITF (islands and such), similar to what you're doing with Legacy Island? It's one of my favorite worlds you've made.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Legacy Island or any of your other medium worlds, by the way, I just usually prefer large ones so there is room to expand.:XD:

Love the work you do! :thumbup:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Ash! :D

Welcome back. Hope you're doing well. :D

I hope to update most of my worlds- the ones that will go or have room for them. Longview is a hard world to expand for me, such as islands, because it doesn't have room out into the water to expand for islands. I really haven't thought about Longview yet. :D

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm doing better than I was (have some medical issues currently)--hope your day is going well, too. :D

Oh, really? See, I never know about how maps work in terms of what's workable. That makes perfect sense, though.

I actually just made a topic in CAW about the best height map for mountains/dive lots, and I mentioned you as one of the main people as inspiration for my idea, haha. :wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad you're doing better. :)

Yes, Longview is near the edge of the map and the other side uses the camera paint to give it distance. It doesn't have a distant terrain so a lot of the map is taken up with camera paint to keep the view from making it look like an island. :)

I have no idea what map you can use. I don't have many with bridges that you want. Maybe ask one of the others if they can use their maps. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top