Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:

I've been editing Isle of Sims II for all expansions (no store venues)

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2014
    OMG! Dreams DO come true.

Yeah, I know I dream small - so hope I can download when done. Stupid internet is running less than the speed of dial up.

Big hugs for doing this - big - big HUGS.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2014
    Hi, WR :mrgreen:

Lol! :hugz:

I've been editing Legacy Island, too but that one doesn't look much different. This one I've expanded the island hoping I can fix more.
    The longest part is building the lots to for each. :lol:

Thanks for commenting- stay warm up there. 8)
    edited March 2014
    Oh goodness - Legacy too? I feel like a kid in a candy store. Trying to stay warm - but looks more hopeful in a couple days - they claim this weekend we should make it in the 30's. Need a few days in upper 30's to dig out our satellite. It is encased in ice.

Thank you so much for doing these. Hugz.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited March 2014
    Legacy Island?!! Squeeee!!! My favourite. Thank you so much for updating :D
  • rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited March 2014
    ZOMG! Legacy Island is getting an update too? YAY!!! Thank you so much for all of your beautiful worlds. My store worlds sat untouched while my Sims live the good life in your worlds.
    edited March 2014
    Hi :D

Yay~ Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
  • ecarmichaelecarmichael Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi RFlong! I love your worlds! Any chance you'll be updating the manave islands for island paradise too?
    edited October 2016
    Hi, EcarMichael :D

Yay~ Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
    I can add lots to the world but I didn't build the lots, Tammyjo built them. I'll have to ask her if she wants to build more lots for the world. :D

More Isle of Sims lots finished...

Pool at the Beach
    screenshot_original.jpg

Java place
    screenshot_original.jpg

City park
    screenshot_original.jpg

Elixir store
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    edited March 2014
    Looks wonderful. That beach lot pool looks beautiful and so inviting. I am so looking forward to this...

In the meantime I have been playing in HVII and having lots of fun... I rebuilt the House known as "Empty House" for my sim to move into thinking I would just be fixing it up enough to live in, and the next thing I know the whole night had past and I had turned the place into a rather decent 4 bedroom with an attic spare room to boot - complete with library, attached greenhouse and more. I had been playing the bunch in the asylum and having fun with all those crazy sides of the loonies - not really adhering to the asylum rules of course - just enjoying what the "touched bunch" get up to - and suddenly got moved to "just furnish" Empty house.

For me to even rebuild a house is fairly rare as I usually will either throw up a little something as a starter or just furnish an empty with the bare necessities or at most add a room somewhere, and move some sim in. But in this case I had been thinking if making a sim with no special abilities and no traits that would give them a boost in any direction so they were just character traits and sort of see what direction she would go in. I planned to start her off on a small empty lot with just the basics with her with one goal to put her self through all the college courses and see where she ended up the best suited - then having her desire to earn enough to take that "fixer upper" that was supposed to just have the bare necessities - and the next thing I know she'll need a full time career, a dowrie, and a bank loan in order to even try to move into the renovated fixer upper. Not my plan at all.

So much for life's "best laid plans"... hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2014
    Hi, WR :D

Awesome! Love when that happens when building- the lot will be special now. :mrgreen:

Oh, love to see those loonie Sims wandering around town. :lol:

Hope you and Mr. Writin are doing well and he gets a job soon. :hugz:

...I've been testing it with the RH ini files. I'm liking it so far.

Right now this version only has WA/Amb/Pets/Seasons/SN/Uni- it's for a request I promised months ago. Once it's done I'll add the rest of the expansion. I do have a place for ST Big Show so that's good. :mrgreen:

Town Center

The horse ranch island.

My second meteor Ever.... and it's on the same island. :lol:

Sunset colors...

edited March 2014
    Excellent. Yes, I do love the ST folks around town practicing their crafts and begging for tips and all - so I will definitely want the second one. I really enjoy all the eps - I have been enjoying them in BC for weeks now. I did try Reach and Sorciers world, it's very pretty, but I have discovered as much as I enjoyed it a few days, I sort of like having the ability to not worry about sims clothing, and to be able to use all my eps - so I found myself longing for a more balanced world where the least of my worries was new sims coming into town. I think when a world becomes a lot of work when one is playing just to play, becomes a hassle. So I went back to BC and was having a great time just playing. Then wanting to slow down a bit but yet have just about a little of everything - I went back to HV. I keep bouncing between those two mostly with a bit of Bellatrix in between.

So yes I most definitely look forward to this world all updated as it was like the best of everything world without too too much. Legacy is like that too, with the added fantasy bonus.

My ideal week is having a different world to enjoy each night and keep rotating them. It is probably why I never get bored just playing.

That horse ranch area is gorgeous and love the lighting. I do really like RH's lighting - I like both RH's and sunlight Tides Lightings the most. They both make the game feel cheerful.

All the new lots though look so welcoming, and really look forward to checking them out.

ETA -Yeah, Pete is gearing up to go down to Unemployment in the morning. He went and got a new haircut this afternoon, then spent the rest of the afternoon checking with friends in the areas to see if there any openings at any of their work places, but had no luck. Winter in NH is not a good job hunting time. I know we don't have the kind of time he had to find the job he had gotten seeing that emptied our savings completely and he had not made any money to speak of with that job so we have a totally empty bank account right now. Plus there was no severance pay this time - last time he got several thousand dollars severance - so it is very troubling. He spent 500 of the final pay just picking up 3 of my 6 prescriptions... leaving nothing for household bills - so it is scary right now. I am trying not to dwell, as worry is not benefiscal, especially for me... so keeping my head sims busy and welcoming to the new kitty... just trying to stay in the minute. Not easy. Well off to feed my kitties breakfast and then trying to sleep a bit.

The new lots are most inviting... can't wait to explore...

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2014
    It is hard to keep them from moving in and out and then in proper clothes. =[

I hope to have it done soon. I'm checking to make sure she can go into and out of all the lots then I'll let her have it. *fingers crossed- it's that easy* :D

Oh, goodness- :hugz:
    I hope he finds something soon. :)
    edited October 2016
    Hi :)

Isle of Sims
    (if anyone has time or the inclination to test)
    I did play it several times today but I keep getting side tracked by rocks and bushes and terrain paint I think I can do better...
    it's so hard for me to test all the lots when a wall makes me open CAW to fix it there.
    :blush:

with only - WA/Amb/Pet/Season/SN/Uni & Riverview

IOSIICoverLG_zps661de4aa.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy54054725xe4h2/Isle_of_Sims(2).Sims3Pack

I haven't started adding the rest of the expansions lots yet (this was a request version). :mrgreen:

Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • TefnuitTefnuit Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Rflong, I have both the time and inclination and would love to help test. I love your worlds and the style that you bring to them. I hadn't played for quite awhile and have been getting caught up, expensive after taking a year off so it's taken a few months but think I'm ready. Downloading this one now and should be able to get a couple of hours in before bed. Looking forward to your update on Legacy Island.
    edited March 2014
    Hi Tefnuit :D

Than you so much. :mrgreen:
    That would be very nice of you. I hope it plays well. :D

I did realize I forgot the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan. :(

*And Welcome back to the Sims. 8)
    edited March 2014
    So after adding a few families and looking around for a while I did manage to get a little bit of play in, and things are going well in game so far. Besides the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan you mentioned I'm not seeing the grocery store anywhere, am I missing it or is there a register somewhere in place of it? I'll test(play) more tomorrow.
    edited March 2014
    Hi :D

Yes I did... I moved that to build the bowling alley and forgot to place it in a new lot. Thanks for finding it for me. :D
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Becka, I'm loading it up and can spend some time there tonight... are you just looking for routing issues, since you're not finished adding EP lots?
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, TJ. :D

Mostly Routing and lots I forgot or stuff I missed- basic for those Expansions only. I have this version for someone and they're supposed to be checking it out, too.

But, I really want to move on and do some more lots and worlds (reinstall my expansions!) but I've got to get this version done first. :D

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    OK :D I already have Betty Badgequest in and working on it :wink:

ETA: Just completed 3 full sim weeks, with only one routing issue found. The bridge works fine unless a sim decides to try to walk across it. Other than that I could not find any routing issues. It ran very smoothly even in fast forward mode :D

The lots I found missing from those expansion packs were few and are not necessarily needed unless the person you are updating this for wants them. They are:

from WA - Chinese Garden
    from Pets - Dog Park
    Cat Park
    *Pet Store
    University - Group Science lot

I think it looks great and plays great!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Tammy! :mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    Been playing off and on for awhile today exploring the community lots and haven't had any issues so far or noticed any lag at all. I think I've been to all the rabbitholes now and just have a couple of lots yet to check out.

The only routing issue I've noted was on the bridge same as Tammyjo already reported. And only the other lot I believe that is missing is the Vault of Antiquity for Supernatural.

Looking forward to the rest of the lots for the other expansions and the store stuff. I've been holding back from adding anything except for the store lot while testing and besides yours are so much more fun I'd rather wait for them.
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much, Tefnuit! :mrgreen:
  • musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey Rflong. If I wanted to download this world, what ep's/sp's would I need? I have all ep's and sp's except for Katy Perry SP which I am not a fan of. Is there any custom or store content that I would need for the world to run? Would I have to have the CC/store content in order to play this?

Also, maybe it's just me, but I think IP content really bogs the game down to where it's unplayable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top