Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    Thanks, Lebanna! The pics are darker than I'd like, too, but I had already spent all afternoon working on the optional story and I just wanted to be done. It was evening in Live Mode, and I was too impatient to wait until morning. :lol: Hopefully, that won't hurt me too much. Pretty sure I'm out of my league on this one anyway. The builds are AWESOME, yours included!

@Iampes23, definitely watch the YouTube tutorials. It's worth it. I've learned so many cool tricks from it. A lot of it is just trial and error and messing around with things until you get a feel for it (CFE can be really touchy, IME), but YouTube is a great place to start. I really like Carl's Sims guide. There's info on there for EVERYTHING, not just cheats. That's where I start when I have a question if I can't find it in the forums. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/ Good luck!

Thanks! Every little bit of info helps, so I will definitely check that out as well!
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    Thanks, Lebanna! The pics are darker than I'd like, too, but I had already spent all afternoon working on the optional story and I just wanted to be done. It was evening in Live Mode, and I was too impatient to wait until morning. :lol: Hopefully, that won't hurt me too much. Pretty sure I'm out of my league on this one anyway. The builds are AWESOME, yours included!

Thank you! But yours is just as good ;) (Even in the dark/dusk ;) )
    I had the same thing. Build all done, now taking pictures.. hmm, it's dark. ok I'll just wait for morning, and go take pictures. *playing with sims* Oh oops.. it's night again. now I have to wait till morning again. haha. happens to me everytime.

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well I won't be finishing Mr. Smith optional challenge or doing anymore builds until I get my PC fixed it appears my hard drive is going up and my laptop is not strong enough to run TS3. :cry::cry:
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:
    Well I won't be finishing Mr. Smith optional challenge or doing anymore builds until I get my PC fixed it appears my hard drive is going up and my laptop is not strong enough to run TS3. :cry::cry:

That's no good :cry::cry: *hugs*
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    Lovely build! Smart use of space :)

Thanks and I love your design and the colors used in each area
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:

Thats too bad :( hope it gets fixed soon

• Options
    noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:
    Im sorry to hear that! Hope it gets fixed soon, I always enjoy your builds.
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    Ok--not exactly a newbie, and I have used the MOO. But this alt key and other things I have seen people do--they are not in the manual. Does anyone have a great list--or link to a list--where I can see some of these "cheats" and how they work? lol I tried the buydebug I saw people talking of, but it did not recognize it. I must be missing something there :D

I found this list : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279453.page

Is there any others anyone can recommend? I am very open to any help. I love things looking more realistic. I am trying to use only my own or Maxis patterns, which I am finding very limiting. But the placements I have seen where the sink and side tables, for example, were joined together--that was really cool and I would love to be able to do that! And I have not been able to figure out the stairs in sections/levels per level of house. And I am awful at doing the roof.
    I will check all the tutorials--but a better list of what the cheats are might be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
    The Zoo U courses (they're the top link on that list there,) are awesome. Definitely start with one of those. So far I've done Ruthless KK's roofing course and Taryn Tempestwind's MOO course (which suepea recommended a few pages back,) and in all honesty I've found them infinitely useful. Practice makes perfect though, which is why I love Build n' Share so much. I wouldn't get any building done otherwise.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    Ok--not exactly a newbie, and I have used the MOO. But this alt key and other things I have seen people do--they are not in the manual. Does anyone have a great list--or link to a list--where I can see some of these "cheats" and how they work? lol I tried the buydebug I saw people talking of, but it did not recognize it. I must be missing something there :D

I found this list : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279453.page

Is there any others anyone can recommend? I am very open to any help. I love things looking more realistic. I am trying to use only my own or Maxis patterns, which I am finding very limiting. But the placements I have seen where the sink and side tables, for example, were joined together--that was really cool and I would love to be able to do that! And I have not been able to figure out the stairs in sections/levels per level of house. And I am awful at doing the roof.
    I will check all the tutorials--but a better list of what the cheats are might be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
    The Zoo U courses (they're the top link on that list there,) are awesome. Definitely start with one of those. So far I've done Ruthless KK's roofing course and Taryn Tempestwind's MOO course (which suepea recommended a few pages back,) and in all honesty I've found them infinitely useful. Practice makes perfect though, which is why I love Build n' Share so much. I wouldn't get any building done otherwise.

I have started with the MOO course actually. I have done the first one, and the definition of terms alone was a great help. I am working on a new "cottage" with some MOO now, but my next course will most likely be the roofing one since I always have trouble making the roofs. Thanks for the advice! One of these days maybe I will get a home featured, too. :D That is the goal anyway.

** MrzNSmith wrote:Well I won't be finishing Mr. Smith optional challenge or doing anymore builds until I get my PC fixed it appears my hard drive is going up and my laptop is not strong enough to run TS3. **

Very sorry to hear about your computer, and I hope you were able to save the data on the hard drive. I have had hard drives go in the past, so I usually save everything to disk if I want to keep it now. Replacing the hard drive itself is fairly quick if you know someone who works on computers and can afford a new hard drive. Fingers crossed you will be back creating very soon with us :D

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Just read this on facebook and thought I would pass the message ;)

"Just to let you all know, I have no net today, so I won't be able the check the official forums, if someone can let everyone over there know, I would be grateful. Will let you all know when I am back up and running ~ Faith"

And 48 hours (-2 since it was posted 2 hours ago on facebook) left for entries!

• Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    Just read this on facebook and thought I would pass the message ;)

"Just to let you all know, I have no net today, so I won't be able the check the official forums, if someone can let everyone over there know, I would be grateful. Will let you all know when I am back up and running ~ Faith"

And 48 hours (-2 since it was posted 2 hours ago on facebook) left for entries!

Thanks! Mine is coming!!! All done just need to play test and take pictures today. Wanted to do that last night but RL kinda got in the way (AKA- 1 year old daughter) lol :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OMG! So cool! I am so happy right now!!! My Elanora Haven house got featured!!!! Yippie!!! :lol: Yup that right there just gave me the confidence that I needed for advanced level!
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    OMG! So cool! I am so happy right now!!! My Elanora Haven house got featured!!!! Yippie!!! :lol: Yup that right there just gave me the confidence that I needed for advanced level!

As it should be! That was a fantastic build!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Congratulations! It is a great build! You totally deserve it! :)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    As it should be! That was a fantastic build!
    Lebanna wrote:
    Congratulations! It is a great build! You totally deserve it! :)

Thank you! It was my first share because I never thought my builds were up to par.
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:

Congrats!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Okay, so this is a really dumb question, but where do the BnS lots get featured? :oops: I poked around on the Builder's Boulevard site, but didn't find anything recent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    Okay, so this is a really dumb question, but where do the BnS lots get featured? :oops: I poked around on the Builder's Boulevard site, but didn't find anything recent.

I had the same thing. Saw my featured member badge. But didn't see it anywhere featured. Turns out if you just go to the exchange, not specifically any category. And just go through the features. If it's not there, refreshing till it is.... had to refresh 20 times till i found mine.

So far there are at least 6 bns lots featured (from this challenge). And a couple of members with other lots :)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    I had the same thing. Saw my featured member badge. But didn't see it anywhere featured. Turns out if you just go to the exchange, not specifically any category. And just go through the features. If it's not there, refreshing till it is.... had to refresh 20 times till i found mine.

So far there are at least 6 bns lots featured (from this challenge). And a couple of members with other lots :)

Phew! I was feeling like an idiot! Thanks, Lebanna!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hahaha Ok so I'm getting ready to share/ submit my lot and I'm looking at the screenshots and yup... I don't like the color scheme. Going to change a few things first!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hahaha Ok so I'm getting ready to share/ submit my lot and I'm looking at the screenshots and yup... I don't like the color scheme. Going to change a few things first!
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    I've been doing the same thing. :lol: I built it and basically was done with it 3 days after the challenge went out, then abandoned it for assignments. Came back to it yesterday and randomly decided to try some new colours. They worked and now I'm going through changing everything. I haven't taken pics yet though.
  • Options
    JasonmlohJasonmloh Posts: 54 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh - Your build is fantastic! I think you should, at the very least, enter as intermediate next time! You understood the challenge style very well and executed it astoundingly. Great job! Rec'd!

Thank you Princess_Natasha.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JasonmlohJasonmloh Posts: 54 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh, I have asked your previous judges for their opinion, but in the end it is entirely your choice ;) You are more than welcome to take the step up, but if you want to wait for AnniePKS and ISHTARJMD's feedback that is also fine![/quote]

Thank you. I would like to take the step up on my next challenge. And my heartiest thanks to my judges AnniePKS and Ishtarjmd.[/quote]
    Jasonmloh - just checking that you still want to enter at beginner level this challenge 221-222 A Tiny Slice of Utopia.[/quote]

To FaithofKaela, I would like to enter A Tiny Slice of utopia as Intermediate if it is possible.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:

Phew! I was feeling like an idiot! Thanks, Lebanna!

Haha I felt like an idiot too! So dumb. Wish there was a link you could click on where you would see all the features in a list. O well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top