Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, regarding depreciation. We understand that by just by going into live mode that your lot will depreciate. We understand that you will want to play-test and take pics in live mode that your lot will depreciate and this is fine. All we ask is that you don't consciously play on your lot for an extended period of sim days just to fund those little extra's ;)

Ok, I did not even think of the daily depreciation. I haven't even taken mine into live mode yet.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited November 2013
    Doing a happy dance :) my micro home got featured! :) though, it's an earlier attempt for this challenge. So i might have picked the wrong one to enter haha (although I don't think so myself. I'm prouder of the one I entered)

This challenge has many houses featured. Must mean this challenge has brought out the best of us haha
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    Doing a happy dance :) my micro home got featured! :) though, it's an earlier attempt for this challenge. So i might have picked the wrong one to enter haha (although I don't think so myself. I'm prouder of the one I entered)

This challenge has many houses featured. Must mean this challenge has brought out the best of us haha

Congrat's Lebanna on being featured :) though i think the one you entered the challenge with was a bit better as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:

Congrat's Lebanna on being featured :) though i think the one you entered the challenge with was a bit better as well.

Oh good. It's not just me. :) I'm still proud of being featured though :) my first time.

• Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM A Tiny Slice of Utopia Challenge 221-222

NAME: MrzNSmith

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7783850

LINK TO MEDIA: https://plus.google.com/photos/106650179734421527521/albums/5941873941524698465?authkey=CJCJyv2Mj9LcEw

OR

http://s903.photobucket.com/user/MrzN/slideshow/Modern%20Wave

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Not able to enter

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10 custom lot located on Sim Lane in Sunset Valley, 23,441

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Modern Wave is a modern minimalist home for someone that doesn’t need much or is looking to have very little to maintain. The home includes a sleeping area, study area, kitchen and dining area, bathroom and living room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

a link for Photo bucket is up just in case the Google is not working
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well idk if I will be able to share my build this time. :cry: I have been trying to get on my game all night and it keeps crashing while loading. I hope I can get this fixed soon!
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:

LINK TO MEDIA: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106650179734421527521/albums/5941873941524698465

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Comming

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10 custom lot located on Sim Lane in Sunset Valley, 23,441

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Modern Wave is a modern minimalist home for someone that doesn’t need much or is looking to have very little to maintain. The home includes a sleeping area, study area, kitchen and dining area, bathroom and living room.

Not sure if it is just me, but when I tried to view the pictures through the link to google, it asked for a sign in. So I could not see all the great details. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Well idk if I will be able to share my build this time. :cry: I have been trying to get on my game all night and it keeps crashing while loading. I hope I can get this fixed soon!

I hope you can! I am very interested in seeing your entry! And you do still have several days :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    MrzNSmith wrote:

LINK TO MEDIA: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106650179734421527521/albums/5941873941524698465

Not sure if it is just me, but when I tried to view the pictures through the link to google, it asked for a sign in. So I could not see all the great details. :(

Nope not just you... Same for me too. And I finally got in to save the lot to my library and then it crashed again. Grrrr... idk why its happening all of the sudden and I'm not sure what to do either. I've cleared all my caches and moved out all CC & mods. I'm stumped! Now that I have it in the library I'm just going to start a new building only save. See maybe if its something with that save that is maybe corrupt that I can't find. I WILL get this done!!! lol I'm just tweaking things a bit. Almost there. :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    MrzNSmith wrote:

Sorry about that but I think its fixed now
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:
    iampes23 wrote:
    MrzNSmith wrote:

Sorry about that but I think its fixed now

Lovely build! Smart use of space :)

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh wrote:
    Jasonmloh wrote:
    I was wondering if I could join as intermediate on my next challenge. I would like a recommendation and permission from one of the judges.

Thank you Ishtarjmd for the feedback for Unusual Client.

Jasonmloh, I have asked your previous judges for their opinion, but in the end it is entirely your choice ;) You are more than welcome to take the step up, but if you want to wait for AnniePKS and ISHTARJMD's feedback that is also fine!

Thank you. I would like to take the step up on my next challenge. And my heartiest thanks to my judges AnniePKS and Ishtarjmd.
    Jasonmloh - just checking that you still want to enter at beginner level this challenge 221-222 A Tiny Slice of Utopia.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I just checked my lot. I deleted all furniture and replaced them to see what happened. It seemed that some furniture had degraded, some didn't. Fridge, stove, counters, shower, bed and dining had degraded. Couch, tv, dresser didn't. In my opinion a weird phenomena. So I just refurnished the whole thing to get under budget again, with all new prices. I kept most of it the same. made some changes. I've made new pictures, and will upload them and place them in a new photobucket album. And add them to my entry. The judges can choose which they judge. the new or the old ;) all though there is not much difference. mainly in clutter, and change in lights ;)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I have added a Photo Bucket link to my original posting just in case the other is still not opening.

I apologize for any problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MrzNSmith wrote:
    I have added a Photo Bucket link to my original posting just in case the other is still not opening.

I apologize for any problems.

Oh I'm sorry, I should have mentioned I had no trouble at all seeing you pictures via google ;) I actually liked how accessible it looked via google. (I usually work with my tablet, and photobucket is kinds slow on it, with loading the site and pictures. your google link is way faster ;) even though I myself use photobucket too haha)

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM BnS 221-222 A Tiny Slice of Utopia

NAME: ArikaB

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7786185

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s957.photobucket.com/user/ArikaB1/library/BnS 221-222?sort=6&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s957.photobucket.com/user/ArikaB1/story/27055

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 537 Skyborough Blvd., Sunset Valley, 10x10, $23,492

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This micro-build boasts a surprising amount of space on a tiny 10x10 lot. It features an open living/dining space, a full bathroom, a spacious bedroom with an amazing view of Sunset Valley, an airy office nook, and a rooftop deck with plenty of space for entertaining surrounded by gorgeous panoramic views. The furnishings are sparse, but sleek, with custom modern art pieces for splashes of color.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: EPs, SPs, and store content
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM BnS 221-222 A Tiny Slice of Utopia

NAME: ArikaB

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7786185

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s957.photobucket.com/user/ArikaB1/library/BnS 221-222?sort=6&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s957.photobucket.com/user/ArikaB1/story/27055

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 537 Skyborough Blvd., Sunset Valley, 10x10, $23,492

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This micro-build boasts a surprising amount of space on a tiny 10x10 lot. It features an open living/dining space, a full bathroom, a spacious bedroom with an amazing view of Sunset Valley, an airy office nook, and a rooftop deck with plenty of space for entertaining surrounded by gorgeous panoramic views. The furnishings are sparse, but sleek, with custom modern art pieces for splashes of color.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: EPs, SPs, and store content

Awesome build! Can't believe how much high ended stuff you got in for that price! (Ps, on a side note, some of your pictures seem a little dark? But still awesome Ofcourse)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    :oops: I used to think I was a good builder, but seeing all these homes makes me realize I still have a long way to go! Glad I started out as a beginner :D Great builds everyone!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok--not exactly a newbie, and I have used the MOO. But this alt key and other things I have seen people do--they are not in the manual. Does anyone have a great list--or link to a list--where I can see some of these "cheats" and how they work? lol I tried the buydebug I saw people talking of, but it did not recognize it. I must be missing something there :D

I found this list : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279453.page

Is there any others anyone can recommend? I am very open to any help. I love things looking more realistic. I am trying to use only my own or Maxis patterns, which I am finding very limiting. But the placements I have seen where the sink and side tables, for example, were joined together--that was really cool and I would love to be able to do that! And I have not been able to figure out the stairs in sections/levels per level of house. And I am awful at doing the roof.
    I will check all the tutorials--but a better list of what the cheats are might be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    Ok--not exactly a newbie, and I have used the MOO. But this alt key and other things I have seen people do--they are not in the manual. Does anyone have a great list--or link to a list--where I can see some of these "cheats" and how they work? lol I tried the buydebug I saw people talking of, but it did not recognize it. I must be missing something there :D

Is there any others anyone can recommend? I am very open to any help. I love things looking more realistic. I am trying to use only my own or Maxis patterns, which I am finding very limiting. But the placements I have seen where the sink and side tables, for example, were joined together--that was really cool and I would love to be able to do that! And I have not been able to figure out the stairs in sections/levels per level of house. And I am awful at doing the roof.
    I will check all the tutorials--but a better list of what the cheats are might be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

I haven't really found a list. And by no means I'm I claiming to know what all the cheats do. I am myself still figuring them out. From what I have learned it's been from trial and error. For example the multilevel stair would be messing around with the "placeFriezes on/off" cheat and "constrainfloorelevation true/false". Just play around with things and then test them afterward. Don't be afraid. I feel that I just masted the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat. You will see on this build. I will submit mine tomorrow. Finally got my game all straightened out so it stopped crashing on me (took all day, but I got it!). If you see something in one of my builds that you would like to learn just ask me how I did it and I'd be happy to tell you.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    iampes23 wrote:

I haven't really found a list. And by no means I'm I claiming to know what all the cheats do. I am myself still figuring them out. From what I have learned it's been from trial and error. For example the multilevel stair would be messing around with the "placeFriezes on/off" cheat and "constrainfloorelevation true/false". Just play around with things and then test them afterward. Don't be afraid. I feel that I just masted the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat. You will see on this build. I will submit mine tomorrow. Finally got my game all straightened out so it stopped crashing on me (took all day, but I got it!). If you see something in one of my builds that you would like to learn just ask me how I did it and I'd be happy to tell you.

So glad it finally quit crashing on you! I am sooo used to that happening and removing/reloading all my games again, so I am very glad you did not have to.

And thanks for responding! When I am looking through the threads, I am always coming across these things that I have never heard of(rabbit holes? lol). I am beginning to feel that I am technically challenged in this game. Or just technically challenged. :D I will try playing with those--and thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:

Th site that I found to be the best for cheat codes is.
    www.cheatcc.com
    You can also type HELP in the console(in game) and a list of cheats will drop down.
    Also after a while of frustration I finally learned that to get buydebug mode to work you have to have testingcheatsenabled true active. The tutorial I watched to build the L shaped shaped stairs was The Sims 3 101 author "TheSimSupply" . On youtube, this guy has 300+ videos and a lot of really good tutorials... I never knew you could build a curved roof, definitely check out his tutorials. I also joined Mod the Sims, simangels, and builders boulevard to learn from more advanced builders and creators. The Sims 3 community is awesome and expansive.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    noisybrain wrote:

www.cheatcc.com
    You can also type HELP in the console(in game) and a list of cheats will drop down.
    Also after a while of frustration I finally learned that to get buydebug mode to work you have to have testingcheatsenabled true active. The tutorial I watched to build the L shaped shaped stairs was The Sims 3 101 author "TheSimSupply" . On youtube, this guy has 300+ videos and a lot of really good tutorials... I never knew you could build a curved roof, definitely check out his tutorials. I also joined Mod the Sims, simangels, and builders boulevard to learn from more advanced builders and creators. The Sims 3 community is awesome and expansive.

Wow! Thanks for the info, Noisybrain! I was reading over the MOO thread for Zoo U on the link I found, which has made the MOO and alt button thing clear for me now--but I definitely will look into these things, too. I did finally figure out the testingcheatsenabled true on my own, since it was not stated how to get it to work in the thread--but I had used that code for something else first, which did not work(AHH...sometimes it helps to read the notes you make...). :oops: I thought the buydebug was working because I was in buy mode--so you just saved me a ton of frustration for when I try to use it next :D

Youtube is something I rarely do, but a video how to do something is even better than just pictures! Definitely will do some watching when I am not at work! And a list of cheats from anywhere to print out/refer back to will be great as well! I also hope my questions will help some other beginners :D

Thanks again ladies for the invaluable help! I am exstatic that my latest micro build is up to 97 downloads--the most any of my lots have had thus far--and it is due to some building ideas from people here! I still need better patterns for better-looking finishes, but these tips make me feel like my true design taste may be able to be applied to my Sims homes now. I have been following these challenges for several months now without actually joining the thread(I usually end up way over budget!). Joining in is the best thing I have done in this game so far. Huge hugs to you all for inspiration and the kindness to help others!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    noisybrain wrote:
    www.cheatcc.com

Totally agree with those links ;) Cheatcc.com is more extensive than the site I used. Glad I now know of that site ;)
    I've learned a lot from "TheSimSupply" on Youtube. About L and U shaped stairs, Constrainfloorelevation and much more ;) you can just type in "sims 3 101" to find his tutorials on youtube. I think I'm going to rewatch some of them ;) refresh my memory and get new inspiration

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, Lebanna! The pics are darker than I'd like, too, but I had already spent all afternoon working on the optional story and I just wanted to be done. It was evening in Live Mode, and I was too impatient to wait until morning. :lol: Hopefully, that won't hurt me too much. Pretty sure I'm out of my league on this one anyway. The builds are AWESOME, yours included!

@Iampes23, definitely watch the YouTube tutorials. It's worth it. I've learned so many cool tricks from it. A lot of it is just trial and error and messing around with things until you get a feel for it (CFE can be really touchy, IME), but YouTube is a great place to start. I really like Carl's Sims guide. There's info on there for EVERYTHING, not just cheats. That's where I start when I have a question if I can't find it in the forums. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/ Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top