Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Noisybrain your build is amazing!!! :thumbup: Yup I defiantly not ready for advanced!
    And a big thank you to Lebanna & ISHTARJMD for the help.

Thanks! Judging by your "Elanora Haven" you are def ready for advanced! great use of placement and your pics are very well done.
  • Options
    countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:
    Hello! So I'm new... well just to this forum. I have been building for a few years (that's what I love to do!!!), but have just started playing around with cheats more than moveObjects. I am working on the #221-222 challenge and I am not sure if I should enter at the intermediate or advanced level. Please help?????

Welcome! I'm curious as to what kind of build you will enter. There have been so many different types of entries. It's making me wonder what other builds will join haha..

As to your question. That is totally up to you what level you join. I suggest you browse this forum for other entries from previous challenges. And compare advance with intermediate and see if you think your builds fit in either level. :) check out the winners too :) and pick the one you are comfortable with. You can also try to enter intermediate first and join in on advanced when you are a bit more confident :)

Thanks Lebanna! I have looked over the other entries and that is why I am unsure. lol I'm on the edge. I am very particular with my builds (I just shared my first one last week to the exchange) take a look at it... :roll:
    Link to Lot:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7764520
    Link to Media:http://www.flickr.com/photos/107640319@N08/sets/72157637354210126/

See the thing is I think I might fall in the advanced but I'm not that confident yet. :oops: Maybe I will just try intermediate first like you suggested until I do gain my confidence and hear some feedback on my builds.

BTW I love your build for this challenge! :thumbup: Everyone's are great! I'm so nervous! hahahaha :XD:

Your build is IMOP advanced level. But some criticism on your pics if you don't mind me saying. From what I have learned and have been told, is to try more of an eye level not so much down view, and don't zoom out to much. It gives a fish bowl feel. Other than that great job. Look Forward to seeing more from you.
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your build is IMOP advanced level. But some criticism on your pics if you don't mind me saying. From what I have learned and have been told, is to try more of an eye level not so much down view, and don't zoom out to much. It gives a fish bowl feel. Other than that great job. Look Forward to seeing more from you.
    Thanks for the advice on the pictures. I will try that. I am open to any and all criticism, good or bad! I use it to make me better! :D
    noisybrain wrote:
    Thanks! Judging by your "Elanora Haven" you are def ready for advanced! great use of placement and your pics are very well done.
    TYVM! That is the first lot I have ever posted and taken pictures of. 8)

It took me a long time to do that build though & unlimited budget.... I'm having a really hard time staying under 23,500! I have the build done but trying to do the furnishing without breaking the bank is really hard for me. My house looks bare atm and I haven't done any landscaping yet. I don't know how you all are doing it?!?! Rattles my brain!!! lol
  • Options
    Haan1Haan1 Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - #221-222 - A Tiny Slice of Utopia

NAME: Haan1

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7778765

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s940.photobucket.com/user/haan1-/slideshow/B-n-S Challenge 221-222 - A Tiny Slice of Utopia

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10, Sunset Valley, $ 23,496

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A tiny home away from home with a clean and modern design.

Includes 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 office, kitchen/dining/living area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Timian Kitchen Fruit by Lisa 86 (www.thesimsresource.com)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    [

It took me a long time to do that build though & unlimited budget.... I'm having a really hard time staying under 23,500! I have the build done but trying to do the furnishing without breaking the bank is really hard for me. My house looks bare atm and I haven't done any landscaping yet. I don't know how you all are doing it?!?! Rattles my brain!!! lol
    So here is what Ido to try to keep my budget down... cast (create a style) everything i c an... Ibuy the wood flooring that has no cost and change the style... or if u don't want the lines in the floor which will not go away with cast, use the simple flooring carpet. It only costs 4 and it can be changed to any style. Also I use the buydebug cheat. There are lights available through this cheat that allows you to light an entire area.(they are invisible in live mode) this makes it so you don't have to b y a bunch of lights just to brighten a room. Good luck! I hope to see you enter this challenge. Oh and p.s. read my previous post about my lot value depreciating and see if it happens for you..
  • Options
    JasonmlohJasonmloh Posts: 54 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering if I could join as intermediate on my next challenge. I would like a recommendation and permission from one of the judges.

Thank you Ishtarjmd for the feedback for Unusual Client.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Hello! So I'm new... well just to this forum. I have been building for a few years (that's what I love to do!!!), but have just started playing around with cheats more than moveObjects. I am working on the #221-222 challenge and I am not sure if I should enter at the intermediate or advanced level. Please help?????

Hi there mrlabean and welcome to Build n Share! If you head back to the rules here you will find a description of how we view the three major categories. However, my opinion looking at the media you provided, would be that you are probably more advanced than intermediate. But it is completely your choice as to where you want to enter ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh wrote:
    I was wondering if I could join as intermediate on my next challenge. I would like a recommendation and permission from one of the judges.

Jasonmloh, I have asked your previous judges for their opinion, but in the end it is entirely your choice ;) You are more than welcome to take the step up, but if you want to wait for AnniePKS and ISHTARJMD's feedback that is also fine!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    JasonmlohJasonmloh Posts: 54 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh wrote:

Jasonmloh, I have asked your previous judges for their opinion, but in the end it is entirely your choice ;) You are more than welcome to take the step up, but if you want to wait for AnniePKS and ISHTARJMD's feedback that is also fine!

Thank you. I would like to take the step up on my next challenge. And my heartiest thanks to my judges AnniePKS and Ishtarjmd.
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:

Hi welcome,
    I think the build you posted was definitely good enough for the advanced category,but most of us have have started in intermediate, to build up confidence and get some feed back first, i,m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with now.
    good luck.
    noisybrain

amberandfreddie wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM : A Tiny Slice Of Utopia (221-222)

NAME: amberandfreddie

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1017.photobucket.com/user/sylviaelayne/library/sylviael
    ayne003

AmberandFreddie your story was great and the build, top notch!
    Thanks noisybrain, your build was fab as well.
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    noisybrain wrote:
    (though after I posted and organized all my pictures I went back into the lot to get the total value and it had depreciated by $3000! I could have put the frieze that i really wanted on instead of the roof but didnt want to redo all my pics)

haha I had the same thing happening! Don't know what happened. But I just saved my game, quit, came back the next day to see if I could reduce some more (because I was still over budget). And all of a sudden it was only 24,300. 2k less. But it was a godsend haha cause I had not much left to reduce (or not willing to haha). Made it just to 23,500 on the dime.

Great build btw! Omg, cannot imagine how much work that stair case has cost you. I like it :)
    Didn't know that was ok to do,wish id thought to try that, it has happened before for me but i didn't add any extra's.
    noisybrain, your stairs are amazing by the way :)
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited November 2013
    I entered the advanced level just because I fit the criteria. Not because I think I'm that talented. Still so much to learn.

:roll:

Just sayin'.

Plus, entering at that level holds my feet to the fire, for sure.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Didn't know that was ok to do,wish id thought to try that, it has happened before for me but i didn't add any extra's.
    Im not sure if it is ok either, it mustve been the new update that is causing it. Thanks, those stairs were hard i had to rebuild a couple times to get them functional and I started with the placid steps but they cost WAY too much so i just CAST the doozey steps. i love CASTing :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    suepea wrote:
    I entered the advanced level just because I fit the criteria. Not because I think I'm that talented. Still so much to learn.

:roll:

Just sayin'.

Plus, entering at that level holds my feet to the fire, for sure.
    Suepea, I think your build belongs in Advanced! Its GREAT! :wink:
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2013
    noisybrain wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [A Tiny Slice of Utopia #221-222]

NAME: Princess_Natasha

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/_Natasha_Sim_/story/24517#

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: No

LEVEL: Intermediate

WoW!!

Thanks! :D :oops:
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited November 2013
    noisybrain wrote:
    Im not sure if it is ok either, it mustve been the new update that is causing it. Thanks, those stairs were hard i had to rebuild a couple times to get them functional and I started with the placid steps but they cost WAY too much so i just CAST the doozey steps. i love CASTing :lol:

Don't know if it's wrong or not. I don't really know what happened. I just quit my game because i was going to sleep. The next day I opened the game and the price was different then I remembered. A few k lower. After checking if everything was still there. And deleting and replacing a few items to see if it was furniture degrading or something. But that didn't seem to be it. The couch pieces that were 200 a piece, were still the same price. So i just figired it had tomdo something with build mode, removing walls after placing or something. And that the difference was only calculated later. Couldn't think of something else. In amy case, I didn't do it on purpose ;) and it only happened once, after I saved and quit the building. The next day I only used buymode, and it didn't happen again. So i think it's related to build mode.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jasonmloh - Your build is fantastic! I think you should, at the very least, enter as intermediate next time! You understood the challenge style very well and executed it astoundingly. Great job! Rec'd!

suepea - Rec'd. Your architecture and exterior paint choices are nice. I like the placement of everything in the kitchen/dinning/living room but I would have liked to see a different wall in the kitchen to maybe break up the spaces a little bit. Maybe something unique behind the counters in the kitchen would have provided a nice accent to the area and broken it up a bit. My favorite space has to be the office. I love the placement of everything in there. I like that you added a seating area in there. And I love the built-in feel of the desk. Great use of MOO in there! Such a lovely build all around!

Lebanna - I got your build rec'd. Your architecture is lovely! I love how the red pops against the black and white on the exterior. I like how you placed the blue rug in the bathroom at an angle. The living room is really pretty; once again, I love the colors. Great use of CC. Not too much but just enough to make the space look better. The bedroom also has good colors. I like how you didn't skimp on wall art. I like how you posted the CC by itself in a pic; very clever and useful idea! I may have to borrow that idea from you! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna - I got your build rec'd. Your architecture is lovely! I love how the red pops against the black and white on the exterior. I like how you placed the blue rug in the bathroom at an angle. The living room is really pretty; once again, I love the colors. Great use of CC. Not too much but just enough to make the space look better. The bedroom also has good colors. I like how you didn't skimp on wall art. I like how you posted the CC by itself in a pic; very clever and useful idea! I may have to borrow that idea from you! :)

Thank you! :)
    And I thought it would be easier to place the CC in a picture together. More accessible :) I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought of that haha

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,029 Member
    edited November 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM A Tiny Slice of Utopia (221-222)

NAME: masajo

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7780200

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/A Tiny Slice of Utopia

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/A Tiny Slice of Utopia

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7780196

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10 x 10 size, Sunnyside Blvd, Sunset Valley, final cost £23,438

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Surprisingly spacious modern 3 storey home comprising 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living room and office area, kitchen and dining area on a 10 x 10 lot. Minimalist interiors throughout.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited November 2013
    suepea - Rec'd. Your architecture and exterior paint choices are nice. I like the placement of everything in the kitchen/dinning/living room but I would have liked to see a different wall in the kitchen to maybe break up the spaces a little bit. Maybe something unique behind the counters in the kitchen would have provided a nice accent to the area and broken it up a bit. My favorite space has to be the office. I love the placement of everything in there. I like that you added a seating area in there. And I love the built-in feel of the desk. Great use of MOO in there! Such a lovely build all around!

Thanks, Natasha! I appreciated your feedback on my build. I'm going to take a look at how the kitchen would look with a different wall covering. It's always so helpful when someone looks at your builds with fresh eyes.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    noisybrain wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:
    [

So here is what Ido to try to keep my budget down... cast (create a style) everything i c an... Ibuy the wood flooring that has no cost and change the style... or if u don't want the lines in the floor which will not go away with cast, use the simple flooring carpet. It only costs 4 and it can be changed to any style. Also I use the buydebug cheat. There are lights available through this cheat that allows you to light an entire area.(they are invisible in live mode) this makes it so you don't have to b y a bunch of lights just to brighten a room. Good luck! I hope to see you enter this challenge. Oh and p.s. read my previous post about my lot value depreciating and see if it happens for you..

Yup doing all of that! Thanks. And I noticed the lot decrease before that because after I fool around with the constrainfloorelevation cheat I don't like the floating floor look that I get, so I go into Edit town and back into build/buy to get it to go away.
    mrlabean wrote:

Hi there mrlabean and welcome to Build n Share! If you head back to the rules here you will find a description of how we view the three major categories. However, my opinion looking at the media you provided, would be that you are probably more advanced than intermediate. But it is completely your choice as to where you want to enter ;)

Hi! Yes I looked them over already that is why I wasn't sure. I feel that I fit in the advanced but I'm intimidated by a lot of the builds that I've seen. lol I'll see how I feel on this house when I'm done. Almost there... just need to shave a bit more of the cost... I am just very particular about my lots, that is why I've never shared anything before Elanora Haven.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean, you definitely belong in the advanced category, but it is up to you!

All caught up on the recs again! Dang, so many awesome builds this round!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, regarding depreciation. We understand that by just by going into live mode that your lot will depreciate. We understand that you will want to play-test and take pics in live mode that your lot will depreciate and this is fine. All we ask is that you don't consciously play on your lot for an extended period of sim days just to fund those little extra's ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, regarding depreciation. We understand that by just by going into live mode that your lot will depreciate. We understand that you will want to play-test and take pics in live mode that your lot will depreciate and this is fine. All we ask is that you don't consciously play on your lot for an extended period of sim days just to fund those little extra's ;)

You are referring to the price decrease right?
    Because that's just the thing. I didn't play in my lot. I did play test it, but that was after I got it to budget, and I saved the unplayed lot in the library to be exported. The lot I play tested is after saving it in the library. My price decrease was after saving, quiting (not going into livemode, only to quit and save) and the next day I started up my sim game, went to edit town right away and all of a sudden it was decreased. I checked with the couch if the furniture was degrading, but it was the same price. I'll go check out my lot again tomorrow. See if I can find anything ;) If I do, I'll change it ;)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    You got it. I never realized it did that until this build. Now i feel a little silly for bringing it up on the thread... :oops:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top