Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    bps3 wrote:
    yeah,maybe there wouldnt't be ravbbit holes,but serously,who wants to watch their kids at school,i dont how boring!

I don't care to watch the kids go to school. My point is that there are rabbitholes that shouldn't be rabbitholes, like the restaurants.

By "no rabbitholes" I mean like in The Sims 1 and 2.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited April 2011

The only parts of the game that should be rabbitholes are the parts that are:

- too boring to watch (e.g. work and school)
    - impossible to render (e.g. the time machine, stadium, etc.)

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    bps3 wrote:
    I think Maxis were good with sims,But maybe EA are better?If you think about,What would sims 3 be like if Maxis put it together.Maybe it could be better maybe worse?...
    I would like to think that ts3 would be in a much better state than it is now.
    But the thing is that the Maxis team that used to work in ts2 probably already changed up and the concept and engine of ts3 or whatever is different from ts2.
    I still want to know though.
    This open neighborhood feature is a great idea, but they closed off all of the lots. I don't want huge rabbitholes like the school, work or stadiums opened either, but there needs to be more better Open community lots that are fully interactive where they are not empty or having sims that just stand around and do nothing.
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I don't care what everyones opinions are. The insane rudeness and lack of respect for the fact that THERE IS AN ACTUAL PERSON BEHIND THAT SCREEN NAME is completely uncalled for. Calling people stupid, whether it be by the OP or those who replied need a serious reality check on what is really important (and I can assure you that taking revenge on others or demeaning them by insulting their opinions are NOT important) Seriously, this thread needs to be deleted...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Megs1116 wrote:
    I don't care what everyones opinions are. The insane rudeness and lack of respect for the fact that THERE IS AN ACTUAL PERSON BEHIND THAT SCREEN NAME is completely uncalled for. Calling people stupid, whether it be by the OP or those who replied need a serious reality check on what is really important (and I can assure you that taking revenge on others or demeaning them by insulting their opinions are NOT important) Seriously, this thread needs to be deleted...

Yet nothing of that nature has occurred on the last page. Right now it's a more respectful conversation - lets leave it like that.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    Megs1116 wrote:

Yet nothing of that nature has occurred on the last page. Right now it's a more respectful conversation - lets leave it like that.

It was a response to the previous page in which replies were posted from yesterday. All the same I understand your point. In which case I think Generations will probably be very entertaining for at least the first couple of days. While I'm not amazingly impressed by new development of the game itself, I am excited for some new objects. Bunk beds in particular. Does anyone perhaps know if the strollers seat two toddlers or just one? How about babies?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Strollers can only fit one, and it has been confirmed that babies can be put in the strollers. It's the only thing that effects babies in this EP, though.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's unfortunate. You know for being called "generations", this EP really doesn't seem to cater to multiples. It's bothersome that a single parent with multiple babies/toddlers can never leave the confines of their house because of a lack of free arms.

Edit: without having a babysitter stay at home with the other children of course
  • Options
    KaryssiaKaryssia Posts: 127 New Member
    edited April 2011
    All I know is Sims 3 is supposed to be a step up from Sims 2. If anything it's been a step down. ;_; I think they need to get their stuff together.
  • Options
    thelemontreethelemontree Posts: 79 New Member
    edited April 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    bps3 wrote:
    I think Maxis were good with sims,But maybe EA are better?If you think about,What would sims 3 be like if Maxis put it together.Maybe it could be better maybe worse?...

Well if it were the original team I doubt everything would be turning into rabbitholes - I doubt we'd have rabbitholes at all - so definitely better.

I like the open neighborhood and Story Progression, it adds a whole new layer to the game and I would never change that, but the game has issues that make it get boring anyway. =/

I agree. Rabbit hole is tasteless. Leave rabbit hole to school or office building.
  • Options
    Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited April 2011
    @Ozzie1985
    could you please shut up. b80efe23.gif
    I re-wrote the first post in a nice and polite form and you are still jerking around?! U mad? *sigh*
    Sorry for that, but some people are a little brain-farted... 418290e7.gif
  • Options
    Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2011
    Not all players are experiencing bugs, some EPs have less GBs of content because the download were not included when the person figured out that it is 2.5 GBs as they are with the other EPs (I beleive Ambitions is 2.1 GBs), and the town isn't something to judge the whole EP on.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Karyssia wrote:
    All I know is Sims 3 is supposed to be a step up from Sims 2. If anything it's been a step down. ;_; I think they need to get their stuff together.

I actually think The Sims 3 has been a step sideways. :) It's gone in a different direction which is not necessarily better or worse.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Karyssia wrote:

I actually think The Sims 3 has been a step sideways. :) It's gone in a different direction which is not necessarily better or worse.

I understand what you're saying. However, I really think it's turning into a step backwards. Back in 2009 when I thought "They'll give us tools to create our own restaurants, stores, and similar community lots eventually" I was a bit more positive.

However, as EP's like Generations expand on the rabbitholes and make Dating a rabbithole feature this The Sims installment is looking less like s step sideways. A step towards turning all community lots into rabbitholes and even turning big features into rabbithole features is not a "different direction which is not necessarily better or worse", it is just a flat out worse direction.

I mean, I know The Sims 3 is a better sequel than many other game sequels (should I bring up Animal Crossing City Folk again?) and for that I understand why somebody would call it a step sideways, however, its flaws are starting to take it over.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited April 2011
    :) Thats ur opinion and I respect that .. I'm sure EA respect it too :)
    so, the thing is, DONT BUY IT :) ... the other 2 million simmers will buy it :)
    u will be happy, we will be happy, EA will be happy .. life goes on :D<3 !!
    so u have to wait until EA makes a new EP that can satisfy u and I hope u change ur mind later on.. and if u didnt .. just wait for a new EP and im sure u'll be happy for it :)
    Good luck .. Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2011
    @Ozzie1985
    could you please shut up. b80efe23.gif
    I re-wrote the first post in a nice and polite form and you are still jerking around?! U mad? *sigh*
    Sorry for that, but some people are a little brain-farted... 418290e7.gif

Nice and polite?

"So... I couldn't access the forums due errors or sth, but now I re-did the first post... Sorry if I 'offended' any stupid or angry Simmers"

If this is *your* idea of "nice and polite", I'd hate to see what your idea of rude is.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

I understand what you're saying. However, I really think it's turning into a step backwards. Back in 2009 when I thought "They'll give us tools to create our own restaurants, stores, and similar community lots eventually" I was a bit more positive.

However, as EP's like Generations expand on the rabbitholes and make Dating a rabbithole feature this The Sims installment is looking less like s step sideways. A step towards turning all community lots into rabbitholes and even turning big features into rabbithole features is not a "different direction which is not necessarily better or worse", it is just a flat out worse direction.

The thing that baffles me is, when they designed The Sims 3 base game, they seemed to have absolutely no idea how they were going to make the expansion packs for it.

I mean, one of the big features was supposed to be the seamless neighbourhood and no loading times. So what does the first EP do? It re-introduces sub-neighbourhoods and loading times! Huh? How did that make any sense?

Players complain how features were "deliberately left out" of the base game so they could be added back in later in the EPs. But they didn't even do that! It's like they had no plan at all.

Seriously, EA... The Sims is not an experimental, new game. It's a 10-year old franchise, which makes it absolutely ancient in PC game terms. They've had plenty of time to perfect the basic formula.

But instead of perfecting it, the developers are like, "Duhhh what should we do? I know! Let's bring back features from TS2, even though they don't work with the new system!" JaanaDruid pointed out that TS2 was designed to be a modular system; TS3 was not. They really needed a new strategy for the EPs, and they clearly did not have one.
    simsig_willwright.gif

-Honeywell
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited April 2011
    :) Thats ur opinion and I respect that .. I'm sure EA respect it too :)
    so, the thing is, DONT BUY IT :) ... the other 2 million simmers will buy it :)
    u will be happy, we will be happy, EA will be happy .. life goes on :D<3 !!
    so u have to wait until EA makes a new EP that can satisfy u and I hope u change ur mind later on.. and if u didnt .. just wait for a new EP and im sure u'll be happy for it :)
    Good luck .. Happy Simming :)
    I doubt this thread was created because the OP was too dumb to realise she don't have to buy the game. I think she made the thread because she didn't understand what everyone is so excited about. Because really, what is everyone excited about?

Rabbit hole prom? Haha!

Imaginary friends that seemingly cannot do anything new? Seems like they cannot have traits either for that matter. Otherwise that would have been mentioned by now. In the last 3 interviews it has been pointed out they can "steal a snack from the fridge". Which brings me the question: why is that fun in anyway? My sim can already do that now. Besides, my adult sim got maximum cooking + best fridge. So why would I ever want a snack when I can cook up an Ambrosia (I got omniplant too, so I can just grow the ingredients) or simply make myself a lobster? Sounds half baked to me
    They also pointed out the Imaginary Friend can clean the house...
    THAT WILL TAKE FOREVER. HAVE YOU SEEN HOW SLOW IT WALKS?
    + I can get a butler for 1200 a week, that is around 1-2 paintings sold at the consignment store....every week. Also, if you keep a job for long enough you can get like 1200 an HOUR which means paying the butler...not much of a problem.

Tree houses...cool, but how long will it be fun? What can you do with them? Throw water at people that comes near? Fun
    Chemistry set that can make what, 10 potions? 1 is to reduce the persons age, 1 is to teleport you home (Eye of Horus anyone?). One is to make your sim run for the bath room quickly. Fun...but how is that useful? An NPC will probably wet himself then go home anyway. You can make a potion to make an Imaginary Friend real. But how is that fun, if it simply becomes real? There is for sure more to this, but really...what is the purpose of being able to control your Imaginary Friend? Can it gain skills? Can it become Imaginary again? Can it finally get traits? Does it age? What happens when the owner dies? Can the IF die on his own?

Strollers...well...what about us who don't play with toddlers much? Or what about us that do, but we got like 8 sims and cant relax because the AI in this game is too dumb to survive on its own so I need to multitask them all?
    Ballet class rabbit hole. Fun
    Field trips with school? There is like 30 kids in my neighbourhood, are all of them going to the same lot? Will these field trips happen even if you don't have kids? Because my parks are emptier than the graveyards
    Your teen can get grounded, which is funny because the police in this game is flying over your sim with a helicopter and then calls in the entire police HQ if you go outside at night.
    Learn sims how to drive? Fun, but that is like learning how to fly your bird in Pokemon. Just no point. Besides, there is 0 hit detection anyway.
    Elder canes? Fun, but will NPCs actually use them?
    Video cameras? I don't record things very often, so that is useless to me.
    Boarding School? More like Rabbit Hool.
    Rabbit hole dates? Speaks for itself, doesn't it?
    TWO new traits! WOW! Should have been closer to 22 in my opinion
    Day care profession. Cool, but at home? My house is already full of people, I need to take care of every kid in the neighbourhood now? 15 sims in the house at once. Fun....

Lets not forget that EA seemingly likes to false advertise with their trailers. Just go watch the ambitions trailer where it shows the firefighter. How does that trailer count up to the fires in the game? In game, there are several fires scattered around the lot on unrealistic places such as in the garage (...).
    Also, in TS3 for Wii you can supposedly access a co-op mode, with the 2nd player playing as a Gnome. How is this unlocked exactly? Answer: it isn't, because it wasn't added in the game

Also, look at these pictures: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5662510814_5a158f2332_z.jpg
    Why did they ever go for that look? Why not something cooler? Compared to the plantsim and the witches in TS2 this seems like a really lame lifestate. Even Bigfoot looked cooler than that >_>
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2011
    >.< i like the imaginary friend look. I don't know but the little dingy on his head and noise he makes when he walks sound like those kids shoes the bells and lights, blinkydos?

Anyway some funny names came to mind for those dolls, Dinglebop, Mr. Blinkers, Waddles. Last night i was having a conversation with someone about the chemistry set. We were watching the video of how it works, when i noticed something odd. I told my friend, he's pulling the beakers and measuring cups out of his but. Then we both started laughing. Then he says, and they said their wouldn't be any magic this time around. Which made me laugh harder. He mentioned the chemistry set doesn't add a new skill. I said what are you talking about, it takes a lot of skill to put beakers out your but. Then he's laughing and said what's worse is he's putting them back in. I'm like that's some serious talent. Then i guess it got worse from there i was like what if that his some body juices in that beaker, and he's drinking it. No wonder their so messed up. Lol so we had our jokes of that.

Lol immaturity aside, i think the chemistry set is fine, really. Would be nice to drink some horrible juice and turn into a monster, but we've got the doctor to turn people to monsters i think... i haven't tested that yet.... I agree about prom though, and the babies are skipped over too this time. I saw the video for strollers, really cute, though i have yet to see a larva baby in one. I don't know this ep just don't scream fabulous to me. I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:

The thing that baffles me is, when they designed The Sims 3 base game, they seemed to have absolutely no idea how they were going to make the expansion packs for it.

I mean, one of the big features was supposed to be the seamless neighbourhood and no loading times. So what does the first EP do? It re-introduces sub-neighbourhoods and loading times! Huh? How did that make any sense?

Players complain how features were "deliberately left out" of the base game so they could be added back in later in the EPs. But they didn't even do that! It's like they had no plan at all.

Seriously, EA... The Sims is not an experimental, new game. It's a 10-year old franchise, which makes it absolutely ancient in PC game terms. They've had plenty of time to perfect the basic formula.

But instead of perfecting it, the developers are like, "Duhhh what should we do? I know! Let's bring back features from TS2, even though they don't work with the new system!" JaanaDruid pointed out that TS2 was designed to be a modular system; TS3 was not. They really needed a new strategy for the EPs, and they clearly did not have one.

They did add that but with a difference, Example; in Sims 2 Bon Voyage you had a loading screen, but it does not stop there you experience loading screens everywhere you went. In Sims 3 WA you only got two, one going and one coming back. When you got where you were going you had no loading screens and the land remained open as it did in the sims base town. EA probably could have eliminated loading screens all together but that would have been at the expense of those with low-end computers. I rather have one loading screen than ten or more of them. EA knew what they were doing and they had to find a balance. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    Strollers...well...what about us who don't play with toddlers much? Or what about us that do, but we got like 8 sims and cant relax
    this is a great feature, but could potentially wind up being a real headache. What if the sims don't automously pack away the stroller when they should (the way sim kids forget to do with that baking stand) ? i.e. a sim parent leaves the park carrying the toddler/baby? Or tries to use an elevator in a high rise? Or tries to carry their toddler up a flight of stairs like City Hall, to collect that professions award medal? If this happens, we're going to have to add abandoned strollers to the number of junk cars multiplying around town...
    Field trips with school? There is like 30 kids in my neighbourhood, are all of them going to the same lot? Will these field trips happen even if you don't have kids? Because my parks are emptier than the graveyards
    lol! I've been wondering the same thing. My most populated town is SV with 45 kids and 25 teens. The only reason the entire school population hasn't flunked out (or aged up badly) is because I've have 2 schools with the other private academies from Twallan's Careers mod. So the 9am rush hour of all those kids trying to get into the school rabbit hole entrance is thankfully a thing of the past. That being said, I wonder this new semi rabbit hole feature will be like. Will the kids actually exit the school, but you can't interact with them? If so, where do they go? Do they actually leave the school to visit hood community lots? Or temporarily vanish off screen? It's going to be real interesting to see how the game AI handles more than 30+ children in events like these.

edit:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Anyway some funny names came to mind for those dolls, Dinglebop, Mr. Blinkers, Waddles.
    lol! Add C3Creepio!
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I agree with that statement ''Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished''
  • Options
    RainbowBluesRainbowBlues Posts: 319
    edited April 2011
    "One point is there's no new hood for our Sims." There's only one new lot type, so not much point ;)

Also, it wouldn't have made sense to add all these things in patches, they are all on the same theme and are all proper features, not bug fixes or minor tweaks, in my own personal, honest opinion.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Karyssia wrote:

TS3 is doing the Rumba.
    It's stepping forward on these features, stepping sideways on those features, twisting and turning on these features, and stepping backwards on those features. :-)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top