Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished

Now that many Simmers were angry I decided to re-do this first post. I never thought this thread could become so popular... :shock:

In my honest opinion this EP, called Generations, seems very unfinished. One point is there's no new hood for our Sims. EA's answer about focusing more on the Sims' lives sounds quite poor. At first they should focus on the bugs many Simmers still have in their updated games.
Also, Generations contains quite a bunch of smaller features like memories or pranks, but nothing big just as the celebrities in Late Night. They could've simply added these small features via patches. :?
There are a lot of things to criticise, but I'll stop here.

Something that really bothers me is that this EP is as expensive as the others, even though it is only 2,5GB. Other EPs are the same price, but have a lot more stuff and more GB. :shock:

I hope many of the people who misunderstood my post and my thread and called me stupid or a troll now shut up and comment without being rude. I have to admit my post wasn't very polite and objective at all, so sorry for that.

:oops:
I seriously want you guys not to dislike me for the thoughts I posted here.

This is just my opinion
c6w19.gif

Comments

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Actually people did suggest an EP like this and items that come with it too. I was one of them. You are entitled to your own opinion though.
  • hjv9hjv9 Posts: 1,059 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Aww, I am in love with this EP! :)
    I'm sorry you don't like it, but I have seen lots of people request something like it.
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Come on... name one big feature in Generations...

and everyone knows EA won't release a new EP that is completly bug-free...
    edited April 2011

That is extremely impossible for anyone to make a completely bug-free EP.
    edited April 2011
    Sims 2?
    edited April 2011
    I love it for all the small stuff.
    Families are the thing I like to play the most, and I just feel this EP gives raising a family some significance. I feel like my Sims will now be more alive. I have loved all the other EPs so far, but I feel like once I have played them a while I won't want to return to them for a while.
    Like in Ambitions, the most used feature for me is Laundry!
    I like the stuff I can go back and do all the time and not get bored.
    But I can understand your point of view. We all play differently. :-)
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited April 2011
    -no new 'hood
    But new features instead.
    -I hate children :twisted:
    You hate them. I like playing them, except that they are only maids in my game, because they have nothing to do.
    -no one requested something like this; everybody wants either pets, weather or college...
    I've wanted this for a long time, and I've seen many requests about family-stuff.
    -few content, no new major features
    That is your oponion, and I respect that, but I disagree :wink:
    ->seems like a filler
    Same reply as above. :wink:
    -this EP will have major bugs as well... Let's not pretend EA making a bug-free EP... *ugh* :roll:
    I agree it might hve many bugs, and I think it is so bad we have to download mods to fix our game we paid for. But then again, when I have the mods I have tons of fun playing, and then I don't mind buying it, even if it broken. :?
    -there are some cool features, but it seems like something they could've put out as a family life SP or something... I want it to be cheaper than the other EPs
    Of course you want it to be cheaper? Don't everyone? :P
    But I disagree about it being a SP, but again... It is just oponions!
    EA is getting worse and worse...they're messing up the entire Sims 3...
    any thoughts on that?
    I wish maxis were still the ones behind The Sims, but I think this EP might be the one to save the sims!
    edited April 2011
    hjv9 wrote:
    I love it for all the small stuff.
    Families are the thing I like to play the most, and I just feel this EP gives raising a family some significance. I feel like my Sims will now be more alive. I have loved all the other EPs so far, but I feel like once I have played them a while I won't want to return to them for a while.
    Like in Ambitions, the most used feature for me is Laundry!
    I like the stuff I can go back and do all the time and not get bored.
    But I can understand your point of view. We all play differently. :-)
    I totally agree, except I didn't use laundry the most :lol:
    edited April 2011
    I thought Ambition was lacking, but this is even more thrown together in my opinion. I usually make single sims, so maybe that's the point why this EP seems a little useless for me.
    Sure, I want some of the stuff in Generations too, like the tree houses, the bunk beds, the lab and the playground stuff... I will end up buying it anyway so it doesn't matter. But I feel like there's something missing... It's not just the hood - well I love new hoods - but there is simply nothing big to look forward to...
    There are many small features and it feels cheap.
    Now all I can look forward to is the stuff in C-A-S. The hair looks really good (better than Ambitions') the new retro furniture seems cool to... That's why I think this should've been a stuff pack.
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited April 2011
    Keep_on_trollin.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Now all I can look forward to is the stuff in C-A-S. The hair looks really good (better than Ambitions') the new retro furniture seems cool to... That's why I think this should've been a stuff pack.
    Wait you think it should have been a stuffpack because you like the furniture and cas stuff or what did you mean?
    edited April 2011
    ok, ok sorry for being a troll, but I am not such a family-stan...
    edited April 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    Wait you think it should have been a stuffpack because you like the furniture and cas stuff or what did you mean?

if they made a family SP with tree houses, bunk beds etc. I'd love it.
    if they made a retro SP with G's CAS-stuff and furiniture I'd love it, too. :?

edited April 2011
    Kael, the troll comment was rude.
    edited April 2011
    i think so... :?
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited April 2011
    It's not about making a completely bug-free EP, it's about the bugs in the game being terribly frustrating.

Late Night for example added this car spawning, now cars doesn't disappear properly so there will be thousands of cars eating RAM eventually.
    Cars also pile up in the neighbours inventory, which sucks too
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    It's not about making a completely bug-free EP, it's about the bugs in the game being terribly frustrating.

Late Night for example added this car spawning, now cars doesn't disappear properly so there will be thousands of cars eating RAM eventually.
    Cars also pile up in the neighbours inventory, which sucks too

I never said it was, I was just saying in reply to one of the OPs messages that it is impossible to make an EP with having at least one bug. :)
    edited April 2011
    I never said it was, I was just saying in reply to one of the OPs messages that it is impossible to make an EP with having at least one bug. :)
    You mean without?

There will be bugs in Generations, just wait...
  • CrypticqaCrypticqa Posts: 205 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I agree. I also never play with kids but i will buy it anyway because of objects :lol:
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    You mean without?

There will be bugs in Generations, just wait...

:lol: Hahaha, yes I did mean without, should of read through what I wrote after I posted.
    edited April 2011
    Crypticqa wrote:
    I agree. I also never play with kids but i will buy it anyway because of objects :lol:
    Pretty expensive objects for 40 bucks...
  • CrypticqaCrypticqa Posts: 205 New Member
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    Crypticqa wrote:
    Pretty expensive objects for 40 bucks...

I am collecting sims games :] And for some reason, EPs are cheaper here. It cost same price as sims2 EPs. :shock:

Edit: typo
    edited April 2011
    Crypticqa wrote:
    I am collecting sims games :] And for some reason, EPs are cheaper here. It cost same price as sims2 EPs. :shock:

Edit: typo
    They cost 49 bucks here in Sweden. I'm feeling scammed tbh.

I "collected" Sims games until TS2 BV, then I gave up. TS3 has been so broken that I'm not sure if I want to pay a penny for another TS3 game without testing them first
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited April 2011
    OP you need to post this at these two places instead of here!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/15.page
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/207.page
    I'm getting sick of seeing all these threads about bugs and glitches in Generations by people who didn't go to the demos in Europe and have no idea how glitchy Gen will be and what the new patch will or will not fix. Post these negative threads somewhere else, like in the proper section of these forums or SHUT UP!
  • goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited April 2011

Its harder to get a bug free game
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top