Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished

Comments

• Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    Arletta wrote:

Do/will you use mods?
    Yes I do use mods. lol
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2011
    Arletta wrote:

Do/will you use mods?
    Yes I do use mods. lol

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432449

It's a mod for the bad mood bug. I use it. I've had no problems from it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

Do/will you use mods?
    Yes I do use mods. lol

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=432449

It's a mod for the bad mood bug. I use it. I've had no problems from it.
    Thank you. I did not know about this. :-)

I might try to play ts3 when I get a chance but I think I am going to uninstall it and reinstall the game ( once again -_- ) to see if that helps with the stuck sims.
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited April 2011
    Here's the easiest answer on the planet....

..................don't buy it.
  • Options
    Bellom27Bellom27 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2011
    @LittleV
    Do I have to repeat myself... Smh...
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited April 2011
    Wow. I am just trying to imagine the real WoW players reaction to hearing that it would be fine not to patch WoW for over 8 months. I know I was already like D= oh hell no myself, and I only play a couple hours daily, whereas some people play hours on end...it would stale very very rapidly. Especially for my subscription.

As far as sims goes, you do realize they have different teams for projects right? They don't go to developer Bob and ask him to patch Sims 3, develop Dragon Age 2, fix the glitches in a Sudoku game, and also beta test Darkspore. So admittedly, I think a patch for the game breakers should have been expedited. I don't have a lot of game breakers. But I don't tend to play a neighborhood into the ground like some simmers do either. I had a mod for cleaning up the cars for example and it would delete about 192 EVERY NIGHT. I can only imagine what that starts to run like after playing a hood through about 10 generations on normal aging.

And I am buying Generations anyhow because I love this game. But I suspect that if this EP comes out, is decent as far as content AND the patch released with it fixes some of the major bugs, that a lot of the people here that have been accused of whining and complaining will purchase it also. Because no one that has been here consistently is here complaining because they hate the Sims 3, if they did, they would just post that they hated it (if they would even bother) and never buy another Sims game again.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @Druscylla
    Actually I did expect them to do that! Also I pretty much knew there was a diffrent design team for other EA games. XD

• Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited April 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Here's the easiest answer on the planet....don't buy it.
    I would gladly buy it for 10 bucks :)
    Not 50 bucks (the price in Sweden).

If I wanted to get robbed, I would stand at the subway station all day, not buy a game :s
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bellom27 wrote:
    @Druscylla
    Actually I did expect them to do that! Also I pretty much knew there was a diffrent design team for other EA games. XD

Oh I didn't mean you specifically LOL its just that people get odd ideas about game development. Also, I am quite glad some people are still in this thread who can speak English or at least halfway decent human, and that not everyone has devolved into 'I know you are but what am I?!" matches.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Here's the easiest answer on the planet....

..................don't buy it.

This is a horrible community. :(

I just can no longer fathom why this would be stated in the first place... But I mean, like the 20th time this is stated in this very topic? Seriously? Are you guys so unsure that the TC has a brain that you have to keep on repeating the same stupid comment over and over and over again?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited April 2011
    Bellom27 wrote:
    @LittleV
    Do I have to repeat myself... Smh...
    No, I don't care to read what went on in the 20-something pages of this topic. My answer was to the original post, so you "repeating" yourself would be pointless since I'm not going to go through and read all the banter in this topic.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @Druscylla

I know, I was just saying that I kinda suspected that the team that made the Sims 3 didn't make Command and Conquer.

@barisaxy
    Finally someone else to agree with other then the "don't buy it" people.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

If I wanted to get robbed, I would stand at the subway station all day, not buy a game :s
    This This This

I would buy Generations it was the price of 19.99 and under. :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @simsdivagirlchick

I agree. I find it a bit too pricy for a "glorified stuff pack". It should've just been called "The Sims 3: Generation Stuff".
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2011
    What do you mean, nobody asked for this stuff?

Have you ever read the section on this forum called "Ideas & Feedback"?

Almost every single thing that has been revealed so far on this EP has been asked for repeatedly since this game has been released 2 years ago!

You really should investigate your assertions before ranting and raving like a lunatic!

Just my opinion.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

This This This

I would buy Generations it was the price of 19.99 and under. :-)

I was thinking $15.00 after it's fully patched and if it doesn't break any other features.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    gagamummygagamummy Posts: 10,160 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I mean...
    -no new 'hood- THEY HAVE A REASON FOR NO NEW HOOD (THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO START A NEW GAME
    -I hate children :twisted: (This game is not all about children)
    -no one requested something like this; everybody wants either pets, weather or college... (PEOPLE HAVE REQUESTED A FAMILY EP, JUST READ SOME THREADS IN THE PAST)
    -few content, no new major features (so you are considering Memories a minor feature :roll: )
    ->seems like a filler (it doesn't seem filler in my opinion)
    -this EP will have major bugs as well... Let's not pretend EA making a bug-free EP... *ugh* :roll: (Do not assume that, I receive 0 bugs from Late Night)
    -there are some cool features, but it seems like something they could've put out as a family life SP or something... I want it to be cheaper than the other EPs (This shouldn't be SP, plus there are contests, and other stuff that makes you a free copy of Generations if you want to get the game cheaper)

*Facepalm*

this thread fails so hard!

If you have nothing nice to say, then do not say it! You haters are just causing flame wars, and arguments!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2011
    gagamummy wrote:
    I mean...
    -no new 'hood- THEY HAVE A REASON FOR NO NEW HOOD (THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO START A NEW GAME
    -no one requested something like this; everybody wants either pets, weather or college... (PEOPLE HAVE REQUESTED A FAMILY EP, JUST READ SOME THREADS IN THE PAST)
    -few content, no new major features (so you are considering Memories a minor feature :roll: )
    -this EP will have major bugs as well... Let's not pretend EA making a bug-free EP... *ugh* :roll: (Do not assume that, I receive 0 bugs from Late Night)
    -there are some cool features, but it seems like something they could've put out as a family life SP or something... I want it to be cheaper than the other EPs (This shouldn't be SP, plus there are contests, and other stuff that makes you a free copy of Generations if you want to get the game cheaper)

*Facepalm*

If you have nothing nice to say, then do not say it! You haters are just causing flame wars, and arguments!

My mum told me many times over the years, apart from 'if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all' (She meant in regards to ppl not EP's), is that it takes two (at least) to make an argument. I can't argue with myself. It doesn't work. I tried.
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited April 2011
    I mean...
    -no new 'hood
    -I hate children :twisted:
    -no one requested something like this; everybody wants either pets, weather or college...
    -few content, no new major features
    ->seems like a filler
    -this EP will have major bugs as well... Let's not pretend EA making a bug-free EP... *ugh* :roll:
    -there are some cool features, but it seems like something they could've put out as a family life SP or something... I want it to be cheaper than the other EPs

EA is getting worse and worse...they're messing up the entire Sims 3...
    any thoughts on that?

I am all for sharing opinions, positive and negative. But why would you say, "No one requested something like this"? Those are the kinds of comments that make your feedback less powerful and credible. You shouldn't speak for anyone but yourself; don't presume to know what the community wants. :roll:
    gagamummy wrote:
    *Facepalm*

I completely DISAGREE with your motto, "If you have nothing nice to say, then do not say it!" What the...? :evil: These are the forums. We're encouraged to give our honest feedback here. If no one gave negative feedback, then the dev team wouldn't know how to improve things in the game. Constructive criticism should be highly praised! YOU fail so hard.

Edit: Separated out the quotes.
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited April 2011
    Double post.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited April 2011
    but you guys must remeber they have made the sims 3 on xbox ps3 ect and darkspore and the sims 3 generations and the sims medival and out door living stuff and they are trying to fix the game so they have a lot in there hands thats why thay they havent fix the games yet
    Their problem, not mine. I bought a product in the knowledge that it would work properly and with no faults. Electronic Arts has failed at this. They shouldn't be draining their resources by making games go cross-platform if they are not up to the job. This is their problem, not ours. They should be patching games as soon as problems arise, any decent game company will do this. By allowing errors to happen, they're simply sticking their fingers up at their customers. I can see why so many people are disappointed by Electronic Arts - they fail.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    gagamummy wrote:
    I mean...

*Facepalm*

The arguments would not be anywhere near as bad if the anti-complainers would just stay out of this topic, because most of the arguing has been them and the things they have said.

"This thread fails so hard" because it disagrees with you. Nice one. :lol:
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited April 2011
    Could you make a better expansion pack?
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wow. Some people are so snarky and what is their argument? They don't have one. So to the people who are just telling other people to "just not buy it" Just buy it and if it does have bugs or disappoints you in the slightest, you know who not to come complain to or ask for assistance. Break out of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hive mind and come up with an actual argument and stop being so offended that not everyone thinks the same as you. And ask yourself why you are taking it so personally that some people dislike certain things about the Sims 3. They aren't saying you are a stupid person or less of a person because you don't agree or like something they don't, they are talking about a game.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    Wow. Some people are so snarky and what is their argument? They don't have one. So to the people who are just telling other people to "just not buy it" Just buy it and if it does have bugs or disappoints you in the slightest, you know who not to come complain to or ask for assistance. Break out of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hive mind and come up with an actual argument and stop being so offended that not everyone thinks the same as you. And ask yourself why you are taking it so personally that some people dislike certain things about the Sims 3. They aren't saying you are a stupid person or less of a person because you don't agree or like something they don't, they are talking about a game.
    Exactly this ^

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top