Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations sucks so hard/seems quite unfinished

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• mlaassmlaass Posts: 492
    edited April 2011
    Generations is filling in the things that could have been in the base game but what is wrong with that?? At least they are fixing it. I am PUMPED about generations :mrgreen: :!:
  • mlaassmlaass Posts: 492
    edited April 2011
    I think it is rude how everyone is being rude to the person who started this topic. EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION!!! She has hers so let her
  • thelemontreethelemontree Posts: 79 New Member
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    I think it is rude how everyone is being rude to the person who started this topic. EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION!!! She has hers so let her

There is no sign of intelligence right here, just kidding. Apparently, most simmers do not know it and that makes me sad. :roll:

• thelemontreethelemontree Posts: 79 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Sorry, double post. Ugh
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2011
    Well, Johann Froppa, you of the long rant who can find nothing nice to say about this EP, except count the ways in which you think it will suck...you *did* say you wouldn't buy a game without playtesting it first, and I think we both know the *only* way you can do that...pity it's not legal.

At any rate, since you don't like the game, you don't have to worry about every playing the game, since obviously you won't be buying the game. So, as I see it, the only purpose for your post is to put everyone down who doesn't agree with you and the OP. I hope that makes you feel better.

Have a nice day. :mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Jarsie9

Why don't you just shut up and leave if you're stupid or 'offended'

• EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited May 2011
    @Jarsie
    Maybe they will playtest at a friends house who is buying it. Doing something illegal is not the only way to playtest.

@OP
    Trying to say you edited your first post to make it polite while at the same time telling everyone who disagrees with you to shut up and leave is hypocritical. And fyi changing the title from "Sucks bad" or whatever it was to "Sucks so hard" is not more polite. I do agree there aren't many features that feel "BIG" but alot of little things done well is always good.

So if you haven't played it personally it limits what you can say. Suppose I have never played a certain game. I have played some in the same genre and really enjoy them. A new game is coming that has piqued my interest, I read every review preview and Q and A I can find on it, but have never played it. It is unfair for me to tell people who may be excited or even asked for some of its features directly, that the game "Sucks so hard. Oh and if you disagree with me your stupid shut up and go away. By the way I'm polite." You shoot yourself in the foot and instantly make people hostile to you.

I do absolutely agree though that many features feel like they could be fleshed out more or tweaked slightly to make more people happy. Will dating be done how everyone wanted? No. could it be better than it simply being an outing with hearts spinning above your sim? YES. Does that mean its pointless to include it at all, not necessarily.

Do I think it will be bug free? NO. I'm sure it will have some bugs as almost all sims games do past and present. Like when Kitchen and bath SP for sims 2 came and the fridges could not do leftovers. They were not adding ay new features only items and it was still buggy.

Sorry getting longer than I intended. I'm sleep deprived and up with a fussy teething 4 month old girl, while my wife trys to sleep because she is even more sleep deprived than me.
  • somerleighsomerleigh Posts: 4
    edited May 2011
    this is a random question does anyone know if there will be prams/buggys for babys and toddlers???xx
  • lessthan3joeylessthan3joey Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Generations seems like a good game concept, but I'll have to judge it after I play it. AND seriously, after this...can I PLEASE have pets?
  • Bellom27Bellom27 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Generations seems like a good game concept, but I'll have to judge it after I play it. AND seriously, after this...can I PLEASE have pets?

No... You can't have pets. :P
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited May 2011
    @Evezan
    Have you read her last 5 posts? She's calling me stupid and is being sleazy...
    AND! The title hasn't changed and please take a look at the first post before you talk smart-alecky...
    Now that many Simmers were angry I decided to re-do this first post. I never thought this thread could become so popular... :shock:

In my honest opinion this EP, called Generations, seems very unfinished. One point is there's no new hood for our Sims. EA's answer about focusing more on the Sims' lives sounds quite poor. At first they should focus on the bugs many Simmers still have in their updated games.
    Also, Generations contains quite a bunch of smaller features like memories or pranks, but nothing big just as the celebrities in Late Night. They could've simply added these small features via patches. :?
    There are a lot of things to criticise, but I'll stop here.

Something that really bothers me is that this EP is as expensive as the others, even though it is only 2,5GB. Other EPs are the same price, but have a lot more stuff and more GB. :shock:

I hope many of the people who misunderstood my post and my thread and called me stupid or a troll now shut up and comment without being rude. I have to admit my post wasn't very polite and objective at all, so sorry for that.

:oops:
    I seriously want you guys not to dislike me for the thoughts I posted here.

This is my just opinion
    c6w19.gif

:twisted: !!!IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN LEAVE!!!! :twisted:
    not (only) you, Evezan, but the other childish and evil Simmers...
  • simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited May 2011
    Exactly LOL

If people don't agree, why do they keep coming back and bumping the thread?
  • simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited May 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Well, Johann Froppa, you of the long rant who can find nothing nice to say about this EP, except count the ways in which you think it will suck...you *did* say you wouldn't buy a game without playtesting it first, and I think we both know the *only* way you can do that...pity it's not legal.
    Fyi, people can still play test games without pirating. smdh
    Besides, I remember seeing his explanation to you in another thread.
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

At any rate, since you don't like the game, you don't have to worry about every playing the game, since obviously you won't be buying the game. So, as I see it, the only purpose for your post is to put everyone down who doesn't agree with you and the OP. I hope that makes you feel better.

1. You spelt my name wrong
    2. Nothing wrong? Now you are just lying, I said I wanted woohoo in showers!
    3. Playtesting at a friends place = not illegal. I wrote this in another response to you. You clearly didn't read it. Also, it's not legal to drive drunk either. Thousands of people do that every day and thousands die every year from it. How many people have I killed for pirating games for Atari 2600?
    4. I'm buying it when it costs 10 bucks or so. That sounds like a fair deal considering how I can get a brand new game for 50 dollars (the price in Sweden). 50 dollar = more than I paid for the base game, probably.
    5. I don't put down the OP, at least not in this thread and when I do it's because they are fanboys with the "don't buy it" or "don't complain" argument.
    I think this EP is lacking in content. Instead we are given lots of small things and well...I want something big. Pets, weather, a patch that fixes mah game I paid for that LN broke. Not stuff like canes and treehouses (any modder can do that really) and...Imaginary Friends?!?
    I bet a modder can do that too. Just make a script or something that will prevent any sim except 1 from talking with the fake IF, then give him some clowny clothes and SHAZAM! You got an IF!
    6. It does actually.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    i'm going to be brutally honest and say generations is overhyped by the community imo. generations gameplay is just... i cant tell what comes from it and what comes from base game. the interactions i do like are flooding the school, pranking and teaching your child how to drive. i'd rather use showtime or into the future.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @sulfurstyless,

Please be mindful of the dates when posting in a thread! This one is extremely old so it's generally best to post in a new thread or find a more recent topic on the subject you'd like to discuss in that case.

I'll be locking this to prevent additional necro-posting here, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top