Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Metrotopia: Download Now! *First post updated*

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2011
    Incredible work, Alex. I admire your dedication to perfecting it over such a long period. I've never downloaded a player-created world before, but I think I'll have to make an exception for your Metrotopia. Good luck as you finish the final tweaks!

Thank you lulzmachine. :)
  • Options
    SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Can't wait to see more update pics Alex. :D So far so great!
  • Options
    T966ERT966ER Posts: 37 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Please tell me some sort of beta or even the final version is on the way! This world looks to be like the perfect world for my uses. Quite frankly, all the other LN worlds well...um..suck due to the lack of creativity. I'm really looking forward to the release!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    T966ER wrote:
    Please tell me some sort of beta or even the final version is on the way! This world looks to be like the perfect world for my uses. Quite frankly, all the other LN worlds well...um..suck due to the lack of creativity. I'm really looking forward to the release!

Thanks. :D As far as I know I won't be releasing a beta version... but the whole thing should be coming quite soon. :)
  • Options
    AshesCoastAshesCoast Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Oh my gosh this is amazing! Since I have a mac I can't create worlds but I can't wait to download this one :) When will it be available?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    AshesCoast wrote:
    Oh my gosh this is amazing! Since I have a mac I can't create worlds but I can't wait to download this one :) When will it be available?

All I know at the moment is that it should only be a few more weeks maximum. I don't know for sure though. :wink:
  • Options
    jpever622jpever622 Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    wow that is much better than anything i could even dream of doing!!!
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow! This world looks amazing! I cant wait to DL it and try it out! Do take your time though, you wouldnt want to end up with something you dont like after all this time!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If anyone wondered, here is what Metrotopia looked like before I got LN and Ambitions, and before I had to re-do everything.

Thread I posted back in September:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/266926.page
  • Options
    WafflageWafflage Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2011
    hi will there be people in it or do we have to fill it up ourselfs? Btw GREAT work cant wait
  • Options
    QueenILeashaQueenILeasha Posts: 54 New Member
    edited February 2011
    OMG I really would like this world in my game.. IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME :mrgreen::D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wafflage wrote:
    hi will there be people in it or do we have to fill it up ourselfs? Btw GREAT work cant wait

The world will not be populated. I am uploading the world file only and not an accompanying save file. You will have to fill it with your own Sims. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here's the update! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb87btb8Etc

I would've embedded the video into my post but I can' remember how. :/
  • Options
    rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited February 2011
    ME WANTY WANTY WANTY NOW NOW. I love ur world I just want to grab it and play with it forevar. Anyway is this gonna be a populated world? Something else I saw is to the north or south of the residential area its totally blank are u doing stuff there?
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2011
    is this world big
  • Options
    SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited February 2011
    SAWEET!! :thumbup: Why did I not think to do a youtube update. :?

Awesome work Alex. I love how this has come together for you.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited February 2011
    I saw your post in another thread and your sig caught my eye. After watching that video I want your world so bad, argh! I hate Bridgeport because outside the city there is no place for my sims to live and have an actual family unless they're filthy rich. Great job on the entire city, it's very beautiful and looks very well laid out.
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Here's the update! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb87btb8Etc

I would've embedded the video into my post but I can' remember how. :/

That is very impressive! and It looks really easy to play, I am very excited about this world Alex. All looks great, and EEEP. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    moefy wrote:
    is this world big

Yeah it's pretty big. I thought all the pictures would have shown that. :?

• Options
    GEMLOU88GEMLOU88 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Looks amazing! Can't wait to play it!
  • Options
    HAISXCHAISXC Posts: 192 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It looks great! Just a question though, what games exactly are required to play?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    HAISXC wrote:
    It looks great! Just a question though, what games exactly are required to play?

You'll need all EPs, and I've used content from all SPs although I'm not sure if they're necessary to play the world. There is also a small amount of CC.
  • Options
    QueenILeashaQueenILeasha Posts: 54 New Member
    edited March 2011
    HAISXC wrote:

You'll need all EPs, and I've used content from all SPs although I'm not sure if they're necessary to play the world. There is also a small amount of CC.

Is the new stuff pack OL required also??
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HAISXC wrote:

Is the new stuff pack OL required also??

I have used items from it in several houses, but I don't think it is 100% essential. I know that not having the EPs can cause the world to crash while loading, but I don't know about the Stuff Packs. :? I'd imagine if you don't have a particular SP then the worse that will happen is some items will be replaced by others.
  • Options
    KayDarkoKayDarko Posts: 13
    edited March 2011
    I can't wait to play this!! Hurry hurry!! :D