Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Metrotopia: Download Now! *First post updated*

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited February 2011
    Awaiting this worlds realease!!

This is what Bridgeport should have been!

Awesome job!
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thank you everyone :mrgreen:

I just got HELS, FLS, and OLS yesterday, so I've been holding off building for a few days so I can include the new items. :D

More updates coming this week.
  • Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited February 2011
    hope to see more pictures soon!
  • Options
    PurpleMelsPurpleMels Posts: 105 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Your world looks AMAZING!!
    I don't download worlds at all, but I will definitely download yours!
    Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Keep up the great work! :thumbup:
  • Options
    CloreleClorele Posts: 670 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Looking kick butt, for sure. Has a area with total high rise buildings with a total city and urban feeling, and a perfect residential area at the same time to balance it out!!

My sims are going to enjoy this neighborhood! - And as others said, keep the blank lots. It will make it easier.

Do you, by chance, have an estimation of how many residential lots there are? - Also, do you have all of the community lots in here? I haven't seen any pictures of any Laundromat just yet.. but I have seen the Salon and Fire Station.
  • Options
    jumpFLYsoarjumpFLYsoar Posts: 64
    edited February 2011
    I am soo excited for this world to be realeased. :D:) :-) :lol: :P

Do you have an ETA of when that will be at all?
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Can't wait to see these updates :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks guys. :D

I have a week off next week so I'll be spending a lot of time on Metrotopia then. :mrgreen:

At the moment I'm building houses and making changes to the ones I've got. When I feel like there's plenty of new stuff to share I'll post a big update. :)
  • Options
    dannysaurusdannysaurus Posts: 9
    edited February 2011
    wow I can't wait :))
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just thought I'd share some pics of a house I'm working on:
    Screenshot-7221.jpg

Screenshot-7222.jpg

:)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So far:

I have three different starter homes- all for under $18,500.
    I'm yet to build a laundromat- but plan to do so.
    I needs to furnish some of the houses and fill the last empty lot by the beach.

There will be no lots left blank. I'm using this world for a machinima and I want it to look as 'full' as possible. Besides, it's easy enough just to bulldoze a lot and build whatever you want on it. :)
  • Options
    taxicab09taxicab09 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Screenshot-7221.jpg

Screenshot-7222.jpg

Kaboom That was my mind exploding!
  • Options
    katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited February 2011
    wow this world is sooooooooo beautiful!! i love it, cant wait to DL this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gemnichgemnich Posts: 196
    edited February 2011
    How far along would you say you were. It looks amazing and I can't wait to download it.
  • Options
    xXDanielleVXxxXDanielleVXx Posts: 263
    edited February 2011
    Will this world be downloaded onto the exchange or on another website as I only download from the exchange? But others put on different websites (What/When will be the next update?)

Danielle :)
  • Options
    GEMLOU88GEMLOU88 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Love this world, cannot wait to download! It's exactly the type of world I've been dying to play, with both a city area and residential!
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Screenshot-7221.jpg

Screenshot-7222.jpg

Oh wow that house is Beautiful!
    your really making an effort! Well done, and excited to see more :)
  • Options
    MirageofChaosMirageofChaos Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Any chance of a Legacy lot, just one please.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    To clear some things up...

gemnich: I would say I've done about 90%. There isn't much more left to do. :)

xXDanielleVXx: I'm not sure where this will be uploaded yet. It may be too big for the Exchange, in which case I'll try and upload it to MTS.

MirageofChaos: What's a legacy lot? :oops:

There will be a big update sometime this week. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm... :?

The residential area looks complete on the outside... but lots of the houses still aren't furnished on the inside. If I decorate the inside of every house it'll take ages.

I don't want to feel like I haven't put the effort in when the community have to finish the interiors. Should I try and furnish some of them? All of them?
  • Options
    Meteora97Meteora97 Posts: 416
    edited February 2011
    HI! I saw you wanted our thoughts, well, first i think this world is STUNNING! But what i thought (Or wondered) is if you are gonna upload this on the exchange or Mediafire.com, if Mediafire, please make it a .sims3pack and not a .zip or .rar file!! And BTW, is this 90% done? AWESOME!!

And another thing, is it gonna be designated as a city or is it gonna be a town?
  • Options
    BetweenthefogBetweenthefog Posts: 44 New Member
    edited February 2011
    When looking at worlds, I tend to like ones that put a lot of time into how the land is sculpted and treated, how the grid is constructed (ie, roads, flexibility in how lots can be placed, etc), how the textures are placed, etc since those are things I can't edit, unlike lots. Since CAW works horribly slow on my computer, I'm always on the lookout for awesome worlds that would allow for cities.

I myself say release a version that has the unfurnished houses/lots, then go back and complete them if you still feel willing to do so. I've seen people do that. Heck, Awesims did a world that was mostly entirely unfurnished house-wise, and I doubt anyone would accuse them of being lazy when looking at how the world's constructed! I myself often replace most of the buildings in the world with ones from my own collection, since I'm horribly picky. I think I'm the exception, however.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Meteora97: It will be desingated as a town.

Betweenthefog: Thank you for your answer. :) That sounds like a good idea, I might do that. Most of the smaller houses are 100% done but the big ones are empty inside at the moment.
  • Options
    HAISXCHAISXC Posts: 192 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I myself say release a version that has the unfurnished houses/lots, then go back and complete them if you still feel willing to do so.
    I agree with this.
    Your world is coming along nicely, I love it. :thumbup:
  • Options
    CloreleClorele Posts: 670 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It'll be more fun, in my opinion, to be able to personally furnish the houses I'll move my sims into. It'll give each of them a more personal keep inside of it.