Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My World: Fort Sim_by ehaught58

Comments

• Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2011
    happyjme wrote:
    Theres been one thing ive been meaning to ask though. Ive downloaded FS twice since its releasr and both times the waterfalls dont show up in my game like in your pictures. Is there something that i need to download to put them in or something?

I don't know what to say about this problem, because I have never experienced it.
    Just save your game, exit to main menu and re-load the save. Then the effects will show correctly.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2011
    Looks really great with all new lots added, really like fort sim - truly wonderful world.
    My favorite world
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2011
    Luckieone wrote:
    Looks really great with all new lots added, really like fort sim - truly wonderful world.
    My favorite world

Thanks Luckieone! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    somechick10011somechick10011 Posts: 809 Member
    edited February 2011
    does your world have night clubs and all the LN stuff? :):):):) looks good though!!!
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    does your world have night clubs and all the LN stuff? :):):):) looks good though!!!

Thanks somechick10011! :mrgreen: It has most of the LN stuff. I am still working on others.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2011
    I was so happy to see you updated Fort Sim for the new eps. I really enjoyed playing the old one. I don't see all the highrise buidings cluttering up the world but I do see some clubs and the ambition lots so I am certain I downloaded the correct one. Don't mind me. I downloaded your new version when you first posted it , but then all kinds of things occurred so I just got a chance to check it out today, and when I didn't see the glut of skyscrapers I thought oops :shock: I hope I downloaded the correct one. It has been a hectic past few months so I am feeling a little scattered. :? If I have the right one.. I did notice a buildins with clubs and I believe a penthouse which the old one didn't have , and as I mentioned before the ambition lots, It is just kind of hard to tell because you have maintained the spaciousness and beauty of the original and avoided the [shudder, the Bridgeport look which I can't stand to even look at.}
    Great job. :D Also downloaded the extra lot.
  • Options
    nvaughnnvaughn Posts: 46 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I love it, reminds me a bit of Texas, love that state. I also like the show King of the Hill and this world is great for my King of the Hill characters. Thanks :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rukaya wrote:
    I was so happy to see you updated Fort Sim for the new eps. I really enjoyed playing the old one. I don't see all the highrise buidings cluttering up the world but I do see some clubs and the ambition lots so I am certain I downloaded the correct one. Don't mind me. I downloaded your new version when you first posted it , but then all kinds of things occurred so I just got a chance to check it out today, and when I didn't see the glut of skyscrapers I thought oops :shock: I hope I downloaded the correct one. It has been a hectic past few months so I am feeling a little scattered. :? If I have the right one.. I did notice a buildins with clubs and I believe a penthouse which the old one didn't have , and as I mentioned before the ambition lots, It is just kind of hard to tell because you have maintained the spaciousness and beauty of the original and avoided the [shudder, the Bridgeport look which I can't stand to even look at.}
    Great job. :D Also downloaded the extra lot.

Thanks Rukaya! :mrgreen: I have been working at keeping Fort Sim up-to-date with the EPs. I wanted to keep that small town feeling, so I didn't include everything from every EP, only what is needed to use the EP's features. I am glad you liked the Exchange version, I included all of the lot's I have made for Fort Sim, up to that point. I will continue adding more as we go along.... :D

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    nvaughn wrote:
    I love it, reminds me a bit of Texas, love that state. I also like the show King of the Hill and this world is great for my King of the Hill characters. Thanks :D

Thanks nvaughn! :mrgreen: Yeah, this does look like a "King of the Hill" type town... how funny!!!

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hey Ed - long time no see.

Hey, I've been pushing your builds again - hope you still don't mind, as i still think nobody builds lots like you do. I snagged all your wonderful clubs and the newest beach house too. Just marvelous as usual. I just as usual mention your studios as a great source for wonderful unique lots, and to make anyone who uses your stuff to give you credit for them. So hope that's still okay. I cannot imagine a sims world without Ehaught's lots in it or without Ed Meiser in it either as I put your home and Ed in my Sims of CAW Lane worlds - always. hehehe I either give you the Teacher career with the music hobby or a Musician in the Rock Star catagory. My newest rendition I am trying to get your sims together with a band - I like LN, so it's fitting to have gigs - when they get some that is, hopefully in your clubs. Of course there is still Fort Sims, but your sim there is just the Head of Education with a music hobby.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    vidkid21vidkid21 Posts: 3,731
    edited March 2011
    Can I post your world here? http://ts3ccgallery.blogspot.com/

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hey Ed - long time no see.

Hey, I've been pushing your builds again - hope you still don't mind, as i still think nobody builds lots like you do. I snagged all your wonderful clubs and the newest beach house too. Just marvelous as usual. I just as usual mention your studios as a great source for wonderful unique lots, and to make anyone who uses your stuff to give you credit for them. So hope that's still okay. I cannot imagine a sims world without Ehaught's lots in it or without Ed Meiser in it either as I put your home and Ed in my Sims of CAW Lane worlds - always. hehehe I either give you the Teacher career with the music hobby or a Musician in the Rock Star catagory. My newest rendition I am trying to get your sims together with a band - I like LN, so it's fitting to have gigs - when they get some that is, hopefully in your clubs. Of course there is still Fort Sims, but your sim there is just the Head of Education with a music hobby.

Hi Writin_Reg! It's always nice to hear from you. I appreciate all the publicity you have generated on my behalf. Thank you so much. And I love to hear what you are doing with Ed Meister. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with him! My band (RL) just played a gig last night. It was a private party in honor of a doctor leaving town. Boy, those doctors know how to party! :lol:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    vidkid21 wrote:
    Can I post your world here? http://ts3ccgallery.blogspot.com/

Thank you, vidkid21! By all means, yes you may. I am honored.... :mrgreen:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    emobunnehemobunneh Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    It looks amazing! I love how there's lots of empty lots, as I'm a builder and I can never find an empty lot to build on in any of the maxis created worlds. Keep up the good work, (:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    emobunneh wrote:
    It looks amazing! I love how there's lots of empty lots, as I'm a builder and I can never find an empty lot to build on in any of the maxis created worlds. Keep up the good work, (:

Thank you, emobunneh! :mrgreen:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just posted a new lot for Fort Sim. Check it out here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/365954.page#5122589

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited April 2011
    That is so AWESOME...
    Love it and definitely will download...;)
  • Options
    xmenchick05xmenchick05 Posts: 568 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Just wanted to say awesome job and congrats on being featured!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    That is so AWESOME...
    Love it and definitely will download...;)

Thanks DeadlySimP! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Doesn't matter how many other worlds I may play, Fort Sim is the one I keep coming back to when the novelty of the rest wears off. This deserves far more recognition than it's received. A true masterpiece. If you created a stuff pack Ed I'd snatch it up in a heart beat. Genius!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Doesn't matter how many other worlds I may play, Fort Sim is the one I keep coming back to when the novelty of the rest wears off. This deserves far more recognition than it's received. A true masterpiece. If you created a stuff pack Ed I'd snatch it up in a heart beat. Genius!

Wow! That is really nice of you to say that, RavynLeeBourdon! Thank you! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited April 2011
    ehaught58 wrote:
    SPECIAL NOTICE: It has been pointed out to me that some of the lots may not appear correctly in the neighborhood view of the new updated Exchange version. This does not affect the play of the lot, but is rather a nuisance to look at. To fix this, simply save the lot to the library and use it (or the one posted on the exchange) to replace the lot in the neighborhood. It will then show up correctly in the neighborhood view.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,

Ed
    THIS is why I need to read the whole thread and stop skimming from start to finish. I had previously been playing FS and downloaded the additional lots. With the updated release I thought I'd be smart and save myself time instead of manually placing the few lots to place I'd download the re-uploaded world Fort Sim. Silly me. I saw the gree-tinged buildings and freaked so I deleted the original thinking there might have been a conflict between two worlds having the same name (dumb since usually they just add a (2) beside duplicates but I was panicking and not thinking straight). I then re-downloaded the new world and as I sat here waiting for that to finish read the rest of the thread and could have kicked myself. Had I known the solution to the green lot thing I'd have done as suggested instead of this deleting and re-downloading rigmarole. I'm such a panic-merchant. That's what I get for being lazy I guess. Bottom line to all that is if it's not broken don't waste time trying to fix it. World is AOK again *facepalms*

Not sure if it's my place to say but perhaps adding this (your warning) to the first post Ed may stop other people being as idiotic as me. Then again, just when you think you've made things idiot-proof there'll always come along a new and different breed of idiot XD Yeah... I can't defend myself there.
    ehaught58 wrote:

Wow! That is really nice of you to say that, RavynLeeBourdon! Thank you! :mrgreen:

Ed
    It's true and no problems :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    ehaught58 wrote:
    SPECIAL NOTICE: It has been pointed out to me that some of the lots may not appear correctly in the neighborhood view of the new updated Exchange version. This does not affect the play of the lot, but is rather a nuisance to look at. To fix this, simply save the lot to the library and use it (or the one posted on the exchange) to replace the lot in the neighborhood. It will then show up correctly in the neighborhood view.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,

Ed
    THIS is why I need to read the whole thread and stop skimming from start to finish. I had previously been playing FS and downloaded the additional lots. With the updated release I thought I'd be smart and save myself time instead of manually placing the few lots to place I'd download the re-uploaded world Fort Sim. Silly me. I saw the gree-tinged buildings and freaked so I deleted the original thinking there might have been a conflict between two worlds having the same name (dumb since usually they just add a (2) beside duplicates but I was panicking and not thinking straight). I then re-downloaded the new world and as I sat here waiting for that to finish read the rest of the thread and could have kicked myself. Had I known the solution to the green lot thing I'd have done as suggested instead of this deleting and re-downloading rigmarole. I'm such a panic-merchant. That's what I get for being lazy I guess. Bottom line to all that is if it's not broken don't waste time trying to fix it. World is AOK again *facepalms*

Not sure if it's my place to say but perhaps adding this (your warning) to the first post Ed may stop other people being as idiotic as me. Then again, just when you think you've made things idiot-proof there'll always come along a new and different breed of idiot XD Yeah... I can't defend myself there.
    ehaught58 wrote:

Ed
    It's true and no problems :mrgreen:

Thanks RavynLeeBourdon, that is a good idea. I will post it at the beginning.... :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just wanted to say awesome job and congrats on being featured!

Thanks, xmenchick05! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    ryty1231ryty1231 Posts: 79
    edited April 2011
    Great world! Just downloaded it, and I'm loving it so far! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights