Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My World: Fort Sim_by ehaught58

Comments

• Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2011
    I will just say that Fort Sim has some of the best bars/clubs of any city available for download. If I didn't have severe ADD which causes me to change worlds all the time, I would still be there, partying at the Green Gator with the homies, waiting for the sun to rise.

:shock:
  • Options
    ryty1231ryty1231 Posts: 79
    edited April 2011
    Is this world populated, because there isn't any Sims in it? And if it isn't, how do I populate it?
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    I will just say that Fort Sim has some of the best bars/clubs of any city available for download. If I didn't have severe ADD which causes me to change worlds all the time, I would still be there, partying at the Green Gator with the homies, waiting for the sun to rise.

:shock:

Thanks Yorkchop, I am glad you like it! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ryty1231 wrote:
    Is this world populated, because there isn't any Sims in it? And if it isn't, how do I populate it?

When you first install Fort Sim, the only Sims in the world are the service Sims on Community lots. The world will populate itself. Just go about your normal routines and Sims will begin to show up.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited May 2011
    I love the fact that you continue to add to this world a bit at a time.
    My sim is not overwhelmed and has a chance to enjoy each new community lot as it is added.
  • Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2011
    Greenb70 wrote:
    My sim is not overwhelmed and has a chance to enjoy each new community lot as it is added.

I agree. Ed is the mayor and he is in charge. Fort Sim continues to prosper under his leadership!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Greenb70 wrote:

I agree. Ed is the mayor and he is in charge. Fort Sim continues to prosper under his leadership!

It's nice to be Mayor..... :wink:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    SharonhorsteSharonhorste Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Hello!

Even on my high-end machine, many of the lots (for example, the Gator Club and the Lighthouse Keeper's mansion) appear fully white and take some time to load, but revert as soon as you look away from them.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hello!

Even on my high-end machine, many of the lots (for example, the Gator Club and the Lighthouse Keeper's mansion) appear fully white and take some time to load, but revert as soon as you look away from them.

I am not sure why that is happening, Sharonhorste. I have noticed some of the lots appearing white/gray when I first open Fort Sim. But once they are finished rendering, I don't see that problem while I play. Maybe it is in your settings?

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited July 2011
    I finally got around to downloading your world, Ehaught. I know it's been around practically forever, but I'm slow that way. I haven't actually started playing in it yet because I downloaded the earlier version and wanted to get the lots for Ambitions from your studio. I did load it long enough to look around and decide I like it well enough to give it a test run. (Nine out of ten worlds I install never get a Sim moved in. :lol: )

Here are some things I noticed. I don't think I've ever loaded an empty world that took as long as this one did. While I love large worlds, I do tend to avoid those with many, many lots. However, here is one thing I think will save me on this world. You put lots just about everywhere I could have ever imagined a lot should be placed in this world and then some. This means if I end up deleting some of the empty lots I'll STILL have lots everywhere I want them! :D

One of the very first things I do when looking at a world is to see exactly where the 60x60 residential lot/lots is/are located. I was plum floored to find you had stuck not one, but TWO 60x60 lots on an overlook right smack over the city area where Sims on those lots are out of town yet don't have to drive forever to get to the city center. Too much of the time if there is a large lot at all, it's out in Kookamonga and takes forever for my Sims to get to town. Just because I had been thinking about how I might like a 64x64 lot for this particular family, I deleted the two 60x60s and replaced it with a single 64x64. I don't know if it was anything you did on purpose (perhaps road sections being lined up perfectly with the grid), but that lot just snapped into place as slick as a whistle and fit perfectly!

I know this was released a long while back so I'm not expecting any problems but I did want you to know how much my first impressions of this world excited me. This is the first time in a while I've felt like I might be able to move my main Sims family into a town they could stay in for a while. That's not to say I don't have some other awesome worlds installed, but none of those are right for this particular family.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zoiks. I hate to even ask this but I have a question about a problem I've run into with Fort Sim (WA version) so was wondering if anyone might have an idea. My Sim can't fish in any water that's not on a lot. The rivers and ponds all have no options and the water is missing its texture. I was thinking it might be a fluke so I loaded up another town and fishing options are there, then went back to Fort Sim and again the water is dull and my Sim can't fish.

I also discovered fish spawners on various lots in really odd places, like on residential lots where there's no water, and in the large park in the center of town. None of the three fish spawners there are actually in the water.

The spawners out of water are easily fixed but I can't fix the rivers and ponds.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Zoiks. I hate to even ask this but I have a question about a problem I've run into with Fort Sim (WA version) so was wondering if anyone might have an idea. My Sim can't fish in any water that's not on a lot. The rivers and ponds all have no options and the water is missing its texture. I was thinking it might be a fluke so I loaded up another town and fishing options are there, then went back to Fort Sim and again the water is dull and my Sim can't fish.

I also discovered fish spawners on various lots in really odd places, like on residential lots where there's no water, and in the large park in the center of town. None of the three fish spawners there are actually in the water.

The spawners out of water are easily fixed but I can't fix the rivers and ponds.

Hi BSIRegina! I am glad that you took interest in Fort Sim. I am not having any of the problems that you have mentioned about fishing, other than I did notice that fish seem to float in some places and I couldn't get them to appear correctly when I tried to fix them. They still work correctly, so I gave up and just left them that way. The water texture appears correctly on my computer, so the only thing I can think of that might be causing that problem is with the settings. I have a tricked-out, high-end computer, so I can set all of my settings on high. As for fishing in the world ponds outside of lots, I did not put a fish spawner in all of them, so that may be why you can't catch fish in them. Where the fish spawners came from outside of water, I have no idea. Must be accidents that I did not catch when building. As you probably have noticed, I only built one world. It took me 3 months to complete, and after that, I just wanted to build lots. I have been considering building another world, but have not had the motivation to do it. Thanks for your comments, and I hope you enjoy playing Fort Sim as much as I do. :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Update: New drive-in movies lot added... check here!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/413666.page#5907280

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited August 2011
    ehaught, I've always been a fan of yours. I downloaded a bunch of your creations for Sims 2; so I am thrilled to download your stuff for Sims 3 as well. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hi BSIRegina! I am glad that you took interest in Fort Sim. I am not having any of the problems that you have mentioned about fishing, other than I did notice that fish seem to float in some places and I couldn't get them to appear correctly when I tried to fix them. They still work correctly, so I gave up and just left them that way. The water texture appears correctly on my computer, so the only thing I can think of that might be causing that problem is with the settings. I have a tricked-out, high-end computer, so I can set all of my settings on high. As for fishing in the world ponds outside of lots, I did not put a fish spawner in all of them, so that may be why you can't catch fish in them. Where the fish spawners came from outside of water, I have no idea. Must be accidents that I did not catch when building. As you probably have noticed, I only built one world. It took me 3 months to complete, and after that, I just wanted to build lots. I have been considering building another world, but have not had the motivation to do it. Thanks for your comments, and I hope you enjoy playing Fort Sim as much as I do.

Ed

Sorry I haven't taken the time to reply back. Only three months to build? WOW! You did a fantastic job of it.

I'm thinking it really shouldn't be a problem with settings on my game but I'll check that when I have the time and energy all at once (that's my main problem right now--I have so much going on that at the end of the day I'm just too exhausted to play anything--last evening I loaded C-A-W thinking I'd work on my world for a few minutes but ended up watching a couple of videos and nearly fell asleep at my computer). The odd thing about this world is that when I do think of playing TS3, this is the one world out of several I feel the strongest desire to return to.

I wondered if per chance those spawners out of water on the residential lots were a left-over from possibly placing a lot there that had a fish spawner on it. Ever since WA, any spawners are left behind.

At any rate, I've got to get myself in gear for the day, get into town and get some groceries. I'll try loading up a brand new Fort Sim and see if the river thing rights itself. In a worst-case scenario I'll wait until after I install LN and try that version. I just really don't want to install it yet because I've been working on the Shire and don't want it to end up needing LN because I accidentally placed something from it in C-A-W.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Hi BSIRegina! I am glad that you took interest in Fort Sim. I am not having any of the problems that you have mentioned about fishing, other than I did notice that fish seem to float in some places and I couldn't get them to appear correctly when I tried to fix them. They still work correctly, so I gave up and just left them that way. The water texture appears correctly on my computer, so the only thing I can think of that might be causing that problem is with the settings. I have a tricked-out, high-end computer, so I can set all of my settings on high. As for fishing in the world ponds outside of lots, I did not put a fish spawner in all of them, so that may be why you can't catch fish in them. Where the fish spawners came from outside of water, I have no idea. Must be accidents that I did not catch when building. As you probably have noticed, I only built one world. It took me 3 months to complete, and after that, I just wanted to build lots. I have been considering building another world, but have not had the motivation to do it. Thanks for your comments, and I hope you enjoy playing Fort Sim as much as I do.

Ed

Sorry I haven't taken the time to reply back. Only three months to build? WOW! You did a fantastic job of it.

I'm thinking it really shouldn't be a problem with settings on my game but I'll check that when I have the time and energy all at once (that's my main problem right now--I have so much going on that at the end of the day I'm just too exhausted to play anything--last evening I loaded C-A-W thinking I'd work on my world for a few minutes but ended up watching a couple of videos and nearly fell asleep at my computer). The odd thing about this world is that when I do think of playing TS3, this is the one world out of several I feel the strongest desire to return to.

I wondered if per chance those spawners out of water on the residential lots were a left-over from possibly placing a lot there that had a fish spawner on it. Ever since WA, any spawners are left behind.

At any rate, I've got to get myself in gear for the day, get into town and get some groceries. I'll try loading up a brand new Fort Sim and see if the river thing rights itself. In a worst-case scenario I'll wait until after I install LN and try that version. I just really don't want to install it yet because I've been working on the Shire and don't want it to end up needing LN because I accidentally placed something from it in C-A-W.

LOL! You sound a lot like me! I have been falling asleep at the computer from exhaustion myself! I don't know if you have noticed, but I have been averaging 1 lot a month instead of 1 per week, lately. I guess I am starting to feel my age.... :?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ehaught you are the best ! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ehaught you are the best ! :)

:D Thanks, Scorpina2009! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, age, stress, whatever. :lol:

At any rate, I did finally manage to load up a fresh one and did come to realize it is only the ponds in the golf course that aren't fishable, which no doubt goes back to that thing of water having to touch the perimeter water at some point in its existence to work. It's a real pity that problem also causes no water texture over those areas.

Goofy me, I really know to pay more attention to things like exactly where my Sim is located with stuff like that.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Yeah, age, stress, whatever. :lol:

At any rate, I did finally manage to load up a fresh one and did come to realize it is only the ponds in the golf course that aren't fishable, which no doubt goes back to that thing of water having to touch the perimeter water at some point in its existence to work. It's a real pity that problem also causes no water texture over those areas.

Goofy me, I really know to pay more attention to things like exactly where my Sim is located with stuff like that.

Wow! I didn't know that about the ponds. It makes sense when you think about it, though. :?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    New lot posted for Fort Sim. Hope you like it. :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4679458

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thats a really nice house Ed. I gave it a rec. I like the upper terrace.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I love the layout of the land in your world. This is one of my favorites to play. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    happyjme wrote:
    Thats a really nice house Ed. I gave it a rec. I like the upper terrace.

Thanks, happyjme! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I love the layout of the land in your world. This is one of my favorites to play. :)

Thanks, Scorpina2009! :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top