Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My World: Fort Sim_by ehaught58

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    There isnt a lot on top of the waterfall so it must be in the world itsself.

I have not had anyone report to me that they have the problem you are talking about. The only thing I can think of that may be causing the problem is that you may have your graphics options set to low. Other than that, I don't know what is causing the problem.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Envie42Envie42 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Sometimes objects placed in CAW do not transfer over exactly (lot placement, community objects, roads) when someone downloads it. I've downloaded a lot of player made worlds to look at and had it happen a few times. I'm not sure what causes it but previous poster has it correct that its something you can correct by going into world editor, picking up and placing the item back in the same spot. Seems to 'snap' it back into correct position. I'm not sure this will work for waterfalls however, as they are a CAW exclusive item - I don't know if you can edit them in player mode world editor. I had this exact thing happen with an island I was playing. I never realized there was supposed to be a waterfall until I saw a screenshot. I just thought that one area had been oddly designed by the maker with rocks haha. The water of the fall never appeared correctly for me. Probably just some buggy coding between CAW and the file a player gets.

PS: Still madly playing Fort Sim and having a blast Ed, so are my sims who live there! Everyone is very happy with their homes and the community lots! I furnished out the apartment building you made. I tried using a multi-owner door mod from ModtheSims which would make the doors of the apartments behave like real apartment doors, excluding or including only the sims I designate - but its not working correctly. Oh well, still hoping for that Apartment Life EP in the future! My Fort Sim Flight School troops are doing great... many have made it to Flight Officer rank and others are 'washing out' and moving back out into town for civilian life (hence my apartment building experiment). I have tons of screenshots and when I can get myself to stop playing long enough to blog it, I will post pics of the fun the sims are having in Fort Sim town!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Envie42 wrote:
    Sometimes objects placed in CAW do not transfer over exactly (lot placement, community objects, roads) when someone downloads it. I've downloaded a lot of player made worlds to look at and had it happen a few times. I'm not sure what causes it but previous poster has it correct that its something you can correct by going into world editor, picking up and placing the item back in the same spot. Seems to 'snap' it back into correct position. I'm not sure this will work for waterfalls however, as they are a CAW exclusive item - I don't know if you can edit them in player mode world editor. I had this exact thing happen with an island I was playing. I never realized there was supposed to be a waterfall until I saw a screenshot. I just thought that one area had been oddly designed by the maker with rocks haha. The water of the fall never appeared correctly for me. Probably just some buggy coding between CAW and the file a player gets.

PS: Still madly playing Fort Sim and having a blast Ed, so are my sims who live there! Everyone is very happy with their homes and the community lots! I furnished out the apartment building you made. I tried using a multi-owner door mod from ModtheSims which would make the doors of the apartments behave like real apartment doors, excluding or including only the sims I designate - but its not working correctly. Oh well, still hoping for that Apartment Life EP in the future! My Fort Sim Flight School troops are doing great... many have made it to Flight Officer rank and others are 'washing out' and moving back out into town for civilian life (hence my apartment building experiment). I have tons of screenshots and when I can get myself to stop playing long enough to blog it, I will post pics of the fun the sims are having in Fort Sim town!

Thanks Envie42! :mrgreen: I really enjoy hearing about your FS Flight School troops. It sounds like the military lots are working the way I envisioned them. Thanks for filling me in... please keep me informed with your continuing progression.

Ed :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    AEP5AEP5 Posts: 241
    edited December 2010
    *squeels* OMG The world is amazing! Thank You so much for putting it up on the exchange! You are litterally my favorite builder! Merry christmas, by the way!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AEP5 wrote:
    *squeels* OMG The world is amazing! Thank You so much for putting it up on the exchange! You are litterally my favorite builder! Merry christmas, by the way!

Thank you AEP5! :mrgreen: Merry Christmas to you, too! :D

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    SPECIAL NOTICE: It has been pointed out to me that some of the lots may not appear correctly in the neighborhood view of the new updated Exchange version. This does not affect the play of the lot, but is rather a nuisance to look at. To fix this, simply save the lot to the library and use it (or the one posted on the exchange) to replace the lot in the neighborhood. It will then show up correctly in the neighborhood view.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited December 2010
    ehaught58 wrote:
    SPECIAL NOTICE: It has been pointed out to me that some of the lots may not appear correctly in the neighborhood view of the new updated Exchange version. This does not affect the play of the lot, but is rather a nuisance to look at. To fix this, simply save the lot to the library and use it (or the one posted on the exchange) to replace the lot in the neighborhood. It will then show up correctly in the neighborhood view.

Ed

I noticed that some lots had an odd monotone green color covering them.

Yes and that's what I did, copied the lot to my library and then bulldozed the existing lot and put the copy in place. Worked like a charm.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    simbilN99 wrote:
    ehaught58 wrote:

Ed

I noticed that some lots had an odd monotone green color covering them.

Yes and that's what I did, copied the lot to my library and then bulldozed the existing lot and put the copy in place. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for confirming the fix, simbilN99. :mrgreen:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey Ed, I got the waterfall working somehow, I dont know what the problem was but I noticed while I was playing that there was water coming down. Maybe for some reason I just didnt notice before lol
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    Hey Ed, I got the waterfall working somehow, I dont know what the problem was but I noticed while I was playing that there was water coming down. Maybe for some reason I just didnt notice before lol

That's great, happyjme! :D I am glad it works.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    AngelMufieAngelMufie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow, this looks amazing! You must have put a lot of time and effort into this world. big thanks and happy new year! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jewely13jewely13 Posts: 968 New Member
    edited January 2011
    ehaught58, you are a great builder! I love this world :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Good job! My rec was number 33 :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have posted a new lot for the Fort Sim river walk.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/327624.page#4431233

I hope you like it.... :wink:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the new river walk lot..i look forward for the new builds of river walks that u build for us..
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    redsilkSim wrote:
    Thanks for the new river walk lot..i look forward for the new builds of river walks that u build for us..

Thanks redsilkSim! :mrgreen: More river walk lots are coming, stay tuned....

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    redsilkSim wrote:

Whoops! Double post....
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited January 2011
    Great work :D I have to download this :mrgreen: :P
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    This world looks interesting. I may download it as well. I really like that waterfall.

I have a question about your church. Does it have any cc? I'm looking for a cc free church for weddings.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=100333
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    Ed never uses CC in his lots as far as I've ever noticed. Thats why I like his creations. Their fantasic and creative without using any CC!

Thanks for the new house to add to the riverwalk Ed!
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited January 2011
    I love your world!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    happyjme wrote:
    Theres been one thing ive been meaning to ask though. Ive downloaded FS twice since its releasr and both times the waterfalls dont show up in my game like in your pictures. Is there something that i need to download to put them in or something? Or am i the only one that this has happend too? Either way its not a deal breaker i still love your world :)

You said you fixed it. Did you set the visual effects up to medium or high? If their low they you won't see a waterfall. I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else can't see waterfalls. I found out the visual effects have to be turned up to atleast medium.
  • Options
    wright1wright1 Posts: 367 New Member
    edited January 2011
    As always I enjoy your work. In fact most of my favorites are your work. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SciffyCircoSciffyCirco Posts: 31 New Member
    edited January 2011
    happyjme wrote:
    Theres been one thing ive been meaning to ask though. Ive downloaded FS twice since its releasr and both times the waterfalls dont show up in my game like in your pictures. Is there something that i need to download to put them in or something? Or am i the only one that this has happend too? Either way its not a deal breaker i still love your world :)

This is just an assumption, but it's probably a spawner effect which needs to be picked up and put back down to get the effect he made it as.

I had the same problem with pigeons on Coconut Island. It was written correctly in CAW, "Pigeonwalkingfive" but when I went to test it in game they were showing up as fog (even with the name still "Pigeonwalkingfive"). I had to go into the lot, pick up the effects spawner and place it back down for the pigeons to pop in.

I'm not sure what to do if the spawners are on the world map and not in a lot. Is that how you did the waterfalls ehaught?

I wonder if this might be the answer to my question. I put the effects, hot air balloons, birds, jet streaks, meteor showers, sailboats on my CAW, and it all showed up on Edit In Game. But when I finished the world, started playing it... all I saw was the waterfall. I've checked the graphics options numerous times, high, low, middle. No idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I might have forgotten. I've never actually seen the effects in game, when they clearly show up in my videos. Any thoughts?

Whole playlist:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=23DF2A2B8595FAA2

Specific parts would be in 7, 8, and 9, the 1 month screenshots and videos, though you can certainly see a lot even in part 1.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    happyjme wrote:

This is just an assumption, but it's probably a spawner effect which needs to be picked up and put back down to get the effect he made it as.

I had the same problem with pigeons on Coconut Island. It was written correctly in CAW, "Pigeonwalkingfive" but when I went to test it in game they were showing up as fog (even with the name still "Pigeonwalkingfive"). I had to go into the lot, pick up the effects spawner and place it back down for the pigeons to pop in.

I'm not sure what to do if the spawners are on the world map and not in a lot. Is that how you did the waterfalls ehaught?

I wonder if this might be the answer to my question. I put the effects, hot air balloons, birds, jet streaks, meteor showers, sailboats on my CAW, and it all showed up on Edit In Game. But when I finished the world, started playing it... all I saw was the waterfall. I've checked the graphics options numerous times, high, low, middle. No idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I might have forgotten. I've never actually seen the effects in game, when they clearly show up in my videos. Any thoughts?

Whole playlist:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=23DF2A2B8595FAA2

Specific parts would be in 7, 8, and 9, the 1 month screenshots and videos, though you can certainly see a lot even in part 1.

I don't know what to say about this problem, because I have never experienced it.
    fkgck4xkargo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top