Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sims on a group can't ask the group to join them at the bubbleblower. This needs fixing with a patch. :roll:
  • Options
    maddiekay13maddiekay13 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I might have missed it.

My Sims are getting stuck. They keep yelling that something is in their way, but doesn't specify what is in the way, because nothing is there. They can't go to work, leave or enter the apartment via elevator, get stuck in some rooms, won't get in bed, get stuck in the pool, etc.

The problem only seemed to arise when I started to move the walls in an apartment. Resetsim doesn't help at all.

PS I'm not sure if I'm patched or not :S
  • Options
    onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have a couple of problems. Firstly, one of my Sims achieved her lifetime wish (the 5 star celebrity and worth 100,000) but it is not showing up as achieved. She has been 5 star celebrity for a long time, and is worth about 110,000 but it hasn't recognised it as achieving her LTW.

Secondly, I have been having problems with one of the clubs, Aquarius. It was fine for a while, but now if I send a Sim there then all of the staff are standing around the elevator on the ground floor and nobody will go in, including my Sim.

I have no mods or CC installed, I am fully patched, and I have all 3 EPs but no SPs.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited January 2011
    Since installing LN and the latest patch (I did them together, so I don't know which one to blame), I have found that, with some of my sims, their mood bars don't and won't deplete. With one of them, it was just the energy bar that was always full, so that sim would never sleep. With another, it was both the energy bar and the hygiene bar. It was as though they had somehow been given lifetime rewards that I had never purchased for them - and certainly did not want.

This happened first with one of the sims from my main family, which I had been playing with for a very long time. Eventually, it annoyed me so much that I had to destroy the whole family and start it again from scratch, but, blow me down, it then happened again with two of the sims from the new family - just as I was getting their skills and relationships up. Fortunately, I had a recent copy in the Library and was able to replace the new family with a clone.

I must stress that not only would the mood bar not go down by itself over time, as it should, but neither could I adjust it manually by using the testing cheat. It was completely stuck on full all the time.
  • Options
    kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2011
    Probably already mentioned but miserable sims after latest patch.
  • Options
    BsoOomBsoOom Posts: 44
    edited January 2011
    thank you
  • Options
    SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2011
    Probably mentioned a few times here, but I'm unable to build clubs and the movieset in other neigborhoods. And yes the space is big enough and yes I've changed it to community.
  • Options
    robbiethecoolrobbiethecool Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    FKM100 wrote:
    Since installing LN and the latest patch (I did them together, so I don't know which one to blame), I have found that, with some of my sims, their mood bars don't and won't deplete. With one of them, it was just the energy bar that was always full, so that sim would never sleep. With another, it was both the energy bar and the hygiene bar. It was as though they had somehow been given lifetime rewards that I had never purchased for them - and certainly did not want.

This happened first with one of the sims from my main family, which I had been playing with for a very long time. Eventually, it annoyed me so much that I had to destroy the whole family and start it again from scratch, but, blow me down, it then happened again with two of the sims from the new family - just as I was getting their skills and relationships up. Fortunately, I had a recent copy in the Library and was able to replace the new family with a clone.

I must stress that not only would the mood bar not go down by itself over time, as it should, but neither could I adjust it manually by using the testing cheat. It was completely stuck on full all the time.

try resetsimssimsnamehere no spaces it worked on my sim with the same problem
  • Options
    SeaWaterSeaWater Posts: 1
    edited January 2011

Mentioned before I’m sure, however it desevers a shout not a mention.
    This singular “Miserable” bug/glitch alone, has broken the back of the game. It is completely unplayable. Anyone having this bug knows your sim will do nothing, except read or some other pointless thing. That's with all of the meters in the green, full of positive moodlets, worth millons, and lifetime dream achived. This must be fixed.
  • Options
    meddlemeddle Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    jlucky39 wrote:
    has anyone come across the majority of there sims in town becoming "homeless"? most of my sims stand around outside of waylans haunt and the prospect room and just keep going back and forth between the two. they dont go home or go to work or eat or sleep. ive tried resetting that doesnt work. any other ideas other then mods or starting a new game....again.

Exact problem I've got. I thought it was the elevator glitch that quite a few people seem to have got but I deleted The Prospect Room and now they're just standing around the path way outside it. Even my own Sims were stuck with them for ages.

• Options
    Pauligirl216Pauligirl216 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

This is the first post I've ever made on this site, so I'm sorry if some of my problems have already been discussed.

I got Late Night for Christmas, I loved the game and had no problems with it until recently (well except the fact that every time I went to play a message came up saying my launcher wasn't working, but then it still loaded the game so I've just been ignoring that). The last couple of times I've played I've noticed some things.

Firstly, at my home lot my Sim can't go up the elevator, and I have to teleport her to get into her apartment. This is a pain because other Sims can't get up the elevator either, and so the babysitter can't get up to take care of the kids.

These next two problems just occurred a little bit ago when I was playing. Mixologists and Bouncers kept randomly showing up at my Sim's house. And then when one of my toddlers went to play with any toy they'd go down the elevator (when doing so their body's stretched very strangely) and played with it in the lobby. Then the only way to get back into the apartment was to teleport since as I said earlier Sims can't go up the elevator.

I've never had any major bug problems with the Sims before, but these little problems are starting to add up and make the game not as fun. Should I reinstall?

• Options
    SerenityBreSerenityBre Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    How can a glitch such as constant sim freezing NOT be fixed as of yet? This bug has been tracked back to November. This is really such a pity EA. It's a bit pathetic to say the least. Very disappointed and may rethink Sims 3 all together since you don't seem to care that most of your faithful users and buyers now cannot actually even PLAY the game without 'resetsims' every 5 seconds.

The last patch was complete junk to say the least.
  • Options
    JantjeWJantjeW Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    SeaWater wrote:

This singular “Miserable” bug/glitch alone, has broken the back of the game. It is completely unplayable. Anyone having this bug knows your sim will do nothing, except read or some other pointless thing. That's with all of the meters in the green, full of positive moodlets, worth millons, and lifetime dream achived. This must be fixed.
    This. It's unplayable cause of this!
  • Options
    xMooSpicexxMooSpicex Posts: 71 New Member
    edited February 2011
    The latest update is useless! Is this lagging problem never going to be fixed? Because of this lagging problem I haven't been able to play my Sims 3 LN and is really close to going back to the Sims 2!
  • Options
    moot27moot27 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I can't get the latest patch to work!! My sims3 game won't work now!! I installed the new patch but how do I uninstall it?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2011
    Moot27,

Unfortunately, you can't uninstall the patch without uninstalling the entire game. So I won't be downloading the patch now until I finish the map I'm currently working on. I wish there was a way you could delete it. I feel bad for you. You've been having a lot of trouble lately.
  • Options
    Envie42Envie42 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited February 2011
    crinrict thank you for this informative and accurate list. I've experienced many of these glitches and bugs. Your list is being reposted / linked on the general discussion forum, that's how I found it. It should be there stickied. More people need to be aware of the issues of the game (with or without late night) because sadly I think a great many people think their game is supposed to play that way! :shock:

People are pretty irate that the patch addresses only two minor issues and none of the major ones that are making sims nearly unplayable (for me, the two gamebreakers are broken skill gains and unable to make sim happy bugs).
  • Options
    YeshanuYeshanu Posts: 89 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have a couple of problems. Firstly, one of my Sims achieved her lifetime wish (the 5 star celebrity and worth 100,000) but it is not showing up as achieved. She has been 5 star celebrity for a long time, and is worth about 110,000 but it hasn't recognised it as achieving her LTW.

Secondly, I have been having problems with one of the clubs, Aquarius. It was fine for a while, but now if I send a Sim there then all of the staff are standing around the elevator on the ground floor and nobody will go in, including my Sim.

I have no mods or CC installed, I am fully patched, and I have all 3 EPs but no SPs.

Don't know if you've figured this out yet, but the Lifetime Wish isn't to be worth $100,000, it's to have that amount in cash. Big difference!

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2011
    EA has changed the way links work. Most links in the first posts are no longer working.

Please read this and make sure it gets the attention of the gurus:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/337264.page
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited February 2011
    Envie42 wrote:
    People are pretty irate that the patch addresses only two minor issues and none of the major ones that are making sims nearly unplayable (for me, the two gamebreakers are broken skill gains and unable to make sim happy bugs).

Agreed. My game was, for the most part, playable. Sure every few days I had to go manually delete a bunch of cars from every other household, but I could play. I patched it and it took an entire Sim day to do about 10 things due to the crazy lagging.

This is becoming a huge issue. I'm not buying any more expansion or stuff packs or store items until I can actually play the game.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Richelle21Richelle21 Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I have an issue, I am not sure if other people are having this issue, but I cannot complete the opportunity to create the simbot. The issue only happens in Bridgeport. I do all the necessary steps and when I have to go to the work bench there is no option to create the simbot.

I have no CCs, MODs, and I have all the patchs.
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited February 2011
    JantjeW wrote:
    SeaWater wrote:

This. It's unplayable cause of this!

I dont even have late night and i have this bug!
  • Options
    SorchaRSorchaR Posts: 67 New Member
    edited February 2011
    1. When one of my playable Sims leaves a hot tub on their property, they take the stereo that's there and put it in their inventory.

2. I don't have shy or star-quality available in Traits in Create-a-Sim.
  • Options
    sims3crazy1211sims3crazy1211 Posts: 14
    edited February 2011
    Is anyone else having trouble calling celebrities?
    I recently started a new game and my sims lifetime wish is to be a 5 star celebrity and have 100,000 but for some reason whenever I go into my phone book thing all the celebs my sims knows dont show up. My sim is in Sunset Valley not Bridgeport and also when I go to her contacts the celebrities are there but then when I click on their pictures the option to ring doesnt come up.
    Is this because my sim isnt a celebrity or some kind of glitch?
  • Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited February 2011
    yeah I would love an explanation about the last crap patch that didn't fix any major issues? That was pointless! What about vamps and celebs overrunning towns I don't want any mods on my computer to fix it that's EA's job...honestly no other ep has more bugs that LN. EA should be disappointed for releasing it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top