Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2010
    - NoMosaic --> Don't know which one you have there, but replace with new version
    - GainFasterSkill --> Probably the culprit. Remove and delete your cache files
    - VisaFaster --> Should be fine
    - LifeTimeHappiness --> Unsure. Check with the creator.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thought and talking bubbles are huge and empty, +/- signs are huge, No effects from the new effect machine, no fish in the digital Aquarium, fire not visible, build sparkles don't go away
    NoMosaicAMB mod. Mod has been updated. Get the new one at MTS. This Mod can cause other issues, especially missing or strange effects.

From the original thread post.

I have this most recent one from Mod the Sims and I still have giant thought bubbles, no water spraying from sinks when broken and bubbles at the bottom of the bathtub. I'm going to test right now to see if I need the Late Night one (despite the fact that I don't have LN), because of the LN code in the recent patch.

I have just done this and it corrected the problem. I have 4.5.6 (I don't have the most recent patch, but the one before it because I was unable to get the most recent patch). Despite this, I still had to use the LN patch to correct my problems caused by the outdated no mosaic file in my opinion due to code put into the patch that was bundled to include Late Night even if you don't have the EP. This patch also causes my sims to want to 'Buy a Hot Tub'. I can choose the Vehicle Enthusiast trait but I've never had Fast Lane. I think the patches need to be broken up by expansion pack. This is just getting too annoying.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    SkopzSkopz Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have two glitches that have probably already been mentioned, but I can't seem to find answers for.

1. Various Late Night NPCs in Bridgeport have odd, "descriptive" names instead of actual ones. For example, the woman that rooms with Raphael Striker by default's name is "Vampire Culthead" in my game. I also have characters with names like "clubby Vampire," "Reality Vampire," "Partybartende Clubber," and others. I have many mods installed, but it would take hours to go through each one. Anyone know the cause, specifically?

2. My sims, while they can join and create bands just fine, as well as gain skill points in their instruments, they can't get any gigs. The opportunities have all been empty for three sim weeks, and I haven't gotten a single call about a gig. My sim's cell phone is not silent, he's self-employed as in a band, and he has a 4-person band. Why's he not getting called?

Many thanks for anyone that can help.
  • Options
    SayoneSayone Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    I don't know whether this has been discussed before and I'm sorry for posting again if it has but the problems I'm having are when I call for service I don't get the option for a butler and my sims could skinny dip before but after I saved my game and went back in that option is grayed out. Can anyone help me? As far as I know my game is updated. I just got it for Christmas and when I loaded it, it asked me if I wanted to update to the latest version and I did. Thanks
  • Options
    CRH698CRH698 Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    - NoMosaic --> Don't know which one you have there, but replace with new version
    - GainFasterSkill --> Probably the culprit. Remove and delete your cache files
    - VisaFaster --> Should be fine
    - LifeTimeHappiness --> Unsure. Check with the creator.

I remove all the mods and i only left the lifetimehapiness and now i see the bartender and my sims can dance in the dance floor and play the instruments.

Thank you soo much :)
  • Options
    EllabellsEllabells Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I'm not able to click on people and to talk to them. Ever since I installed the late night expansion pack. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it didn't help. And when my sim's phone rings I can't answer it either.
  • Options
    RenanCNRenanCN Posts: 81
    edited December 2010
    I Found 3 bugs:
    1: When my vampires sleeps in the vampiric bed, after the update, they only use "half" of the bed, before the update they sleeped in the middle, now they only use the side from where they approached the altar; (this happened with all vampires that i tested)
    2: The muscle sliders don't work correctly on teens, when my Male teen is using a top part without sleeves, i can see the changes in the entire body, but when is isn't using a top part (swimsuit for example) only the kness seen to be modified);
    3: Some of the new insect spawners don't work, i place them but nothing never comes out of them...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2010
    More bugs

Resturent (not diner) doesn't work right. Sims can no longer eat outside on the tables were the bar is just in the resturent. They could earlier.

Sims can't fix a drink for their friend or group at home. They can fix them they just can't ask the sim to drink it. Aggrevating if you want the unplayable sim to drink a mood drink or party drink. :roll:

Not a bug but something that needs fixing anyway

EA forgot to add in coding so that sims can ask their group to join them at the bubble blower. If you sit at the blower your group is going to leave.
    Workaround for now is with testingcheatsenabled true to shift click on the group sims and add them to active family then when your done with them go into edit neighborhood and move them back into their house.

You can also use the master controller to fix this issue if you download mods but I don't.

EA forgot to add coding on the food truck so sims can buy food for their group. They can't and the group will leave if your sim eats. Workaround is the same the add to active family cheat or the master controller mod. :x
  • Options
    HamagirlHamagirl Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    the curved edges of pools appear as shaded grass above and sqaure pool below - same with fountains
  • Options
    KataWallaKataWalla Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    I'm only having one main problem. After downloading a new version (6.0.81.0090001) about a week after I got Late Night the Sims game will no longer play. I click the play button on the launcher and the launcher does not respond to anything else afterward.
  • Options
    fugitambyfugitamby Posts: 36 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This has probably already been posted. But, the random excavation sites (does not include tombs or parks/lots) in Egypt, China, etc. still do not work. :x

I have noticed this was a problem when the Ambitions expansion pack was released.

Again, sorry if this has been posted already. :-o
  • Options
    MiguelbernuyMiguelbernuy Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    After all my efforts to join Daisy Swizzle to my family (almost imposible because she always said something like "sure I meet you in your house" an then "sorry finally I'm busy I can't go" that was a pain) y saved game, all good to this point. But then I load and she is in loop, claping and beeping "happy sounds" with voice of male; game doesn't let me choose her, and "resetsim" console comand is useless. I have the latest updating, yes I know this is not the corretc forum, but I didn't find one for my situation. This is one of the very much bugs I found in that game, it's a shame that you market this expensive expansion pack full of annoying bugs.
  • Options
    AlexurtAlexurt Posts: 3,807 New Member
    edited January 2011
    KataWalla wrote:
    I'm only having one main problem. After downloading a new version (6.0.81.0090001) about a week after I got Late Night the Sims game will no longer play. I click the play button on the launcher and the launcher does not respond to anything else afterward.

Hey there,

What are your current numerical game versions for each game installed? Are you on a PC or MAC? Also, if on PC, what versions of the EADM (EA Download Manager) are you running? Go to options > Help > About > Version #
  • Options
    cindyseebregtscindyseebregts Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2011
    my sims disapear

• Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited January 2011
    Other travelling issues (My game is not patched):

I went to China only since I installed the EP and I've noticed that:

- locals wear normal clothes (see image below) They don"t wear asian clothes anymore

screenshot-3140.jpg

- No gems or stone anywhere, even with the gem collector. The only way to find local gems was to buy them at the local store.
  • Options
    yanqui9yanqui9 Posts: 16
    edited January 2011
    fugitamby wrote:
    This has probably already been posted. But, the random excavation sites (does not include tombs or parks/lots) in Egypt, China, etc. still do not work. :x

You mean they STILL haven't fixed this bug?!?!? WTH?!? I just consider that as soon as a new expansion comes out, EA stops supporting the old expansions. So I guess this bug will never get fixed.

I wish they would come up with some way for the Sims AI to be able that an item they are routed to is already routed to by another Sim. Or is it just tradition that 12 Sims run for the same toilet and get stuck in the bathroom? Kinda funny the first time, all the shouting and stuff, but gets old quick. Certainly they could code some AI that checks to see if the object is already engaged before the sim actually gets there.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2011
    I've just discovered a bug - missing guitar song names. I clicked on my sim, the guitar in inventory, and then selected perform and the songs were blank - 4 neighborhoods are effected and my sims maxed out the guitar skill plus learned the 5 you buy at the bookstore. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And then there is the excavation site bug that has been mentioned in posts above mine.
  • Options
    PiinkGemPiinkGem Posts: 50 New Member
    edited January 2011
    1. Sims won't reproduce, my town is over-populated with seniors!

2. No one goes to the night clubs... even if it's a hotspot!

There are more.. but I can't remember at the moment!
    Is there a patch? :S
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Added as my last task for tonight.

Good Night.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    gghhdddssgghhdddss Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    i have problem with affect sound in new world(LOS angiegos) this happened when i downloaded the latest patch
  • Options
    jlucky39jlucky39 Posts: 23
    edited January 2011
    has anyone come across the majority of there sims in town becoming "homeless"? most of my sims stand around outside of waylans haunt and the prospect room and just keep going back and forth between the two. they dont go home or go to work or eat or sleep. ive tried resetting that doesnt work. any other ideas other then mods or starting a new game....again.
  • Options
    Liana84Liana84 Posts: 28
    edited January 2011
    I recently bought the game and Late Night appears when I click on the sims no interaction available. How do I solve this problem?

The game is unique.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Liana84 wrote:
    I recently bought the game and Late Night appears when I click on the sims no interaction available. How do I solve this problem?

The game is unique.

Sounds like outdated mods. Do you have any mods that change the social behavior ? If so, remove them.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I have a gardening level 10 vampire and yet if she places a plasma fruit or seed on the ground the option to plant doesn't come up. But if I have a few plasma seeds or fruit in her inventory she gets the plant many option and can plant them just fine. Weird huh? :?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top