Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• Pat0307Pat0307 Posts: 60
    edited February 2011
    simsace wrote:
    JantjeW wrote:
    SeaWater wrote:
    Probably already mentioned but miserable sims after latest patch.

Mentioned before I’m sure, however it desevers a shout not a mention.
    This singular “Miserable” bug/glitch alone, has broken the back of the game. It is completely unplayable. Anyone having this bug knows your sim will do nothing, except read or some other pointless thing. That's with all of the meters in the green, full of positive moodlets, worth millons, and lifetime dream achived. This must be fixed.
    This. It's unplayable cause of this!

I dont even have late night and i have this bug!

I had this problem after updating, and i believe i killed the bug for myself. What i did was when my sims were weirdly miserable, i did shift+click+C and typed in "resetsim <first name> <last name>". Even though my first sim infected others in the family, i was able to clear the bug and have been clear for a days now. although it took a couple tries...
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2011
    INteresting bug I found.

Apparently, wall decorations that can have their hieght adjusted keep lowering on their own the more you move them back and forth on the wall. They appear to reset to their original height the moment they turn red when you pull them off the wall.

I also noticed that they lower on their own after you click the mouse for them to set where you like them.

The incriments they lower are actually smaller than the ones the feature allows us, but it can get bothersome if you are raising, say, a wall light to go over a doorway only to have it suddenly turn red on you because it lowered on its own when you moved it two squares over to place it over the door. When that happens, the game will pop up the "Objects cannot intersect" prompt.

This is with the latest patch, BTW.
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited February 2011
    Can't uninstall two of my games,so that I can reinstall them to correct a conflict of missing files,which causes it to crash to to the desktop every time I try to play a game.Any help appreciated that's in simple terms,thanks. :roll: :?:
  • LazycouchtaterLazycouchtater Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    Patched version 6.2.4.010001

Bug one: Family tree for founding sim and all sims descended from that sim after some point between the second and third generation being born, becomes unavailable/non-existent. To click the family tree button of a sim descended from the founding sim, nothing will come up. To click the family tree of a wife and then click on the sim descended from the founder gives a completely blank page.

Bug two: Sometimes, rare, but it reoccurs often enough to note, sims' mood inexplicably falls. You could have the love of your life by your side, after having your first kiss, marrying, with no negative mood bars, and have your mood at still be at half. To enter a room with dirty dishes or trash being in the inventory, lowers the mood so much that nothing can be done besides sleep, eat, shower, use the toilet, and go to work. Their mood becomes too low for anything else.

There are no unauthorized mods on my game. I'll check in every once in a while, but until its fixed, I'll stick with COD, GTA IV, and Civilization 5 because its frankly less stressful than to spend so much time building sims up only to have them become useless and become best used as food for the Omni plant.
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I found out the source of the "Ceiling is too low" glitch.

If you have a building that has any kind of roof outside of the Flat room AND said roof intersects with a wall, you will encounter this glitch.

Basically, the game still reads that space as it having a ceiling even though the roof isn't shown cutting through the wall. This is very common with diagonal roofs that I've used that butt up against the wall visually. In actuality, the roof have to cut through the wall, and anything put in that space won't fit.

You can fix this glitch by raising the roof so that it clears the top of the wall.

I'll try to get screencaps soon to better illustrate what's going on, but with my game constantly crashing thanks to the new patch that came with OLS, it may be a while.

EDIT:

IMAGE OF BUG
    wtx56u.png

This is what the building looks like when I remove the top-most roof. As you can see, the roof that makes up the front of the building is cutting through the walls. This is because of the diagonal front of the building. The objects you see cutting through the roof were put there with the moveobject cheat, but are completely unuseable by the Sims. Among these include the chair and table on the right, the toilet in the Men's room, and the sink in the women's room.

Again, this applies to every roof that has to cut into the building's wall like in the screen shot linked. If the roof clears the object, it is usable. My sims can use the nectar racks in the screen shot, for example.

The "low ceiling" also affects routing. None of my Sims can find their way in to either of the restrooms in the screen shot, especially the men. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2011
    Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but my Sim can't go to bed (greyed out) when a baby is crying in another room.
  • DoctorZuberDoctorZuber Posts: 72 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Serenade/Cancel drops your instrument

(Version 1.19/2.14/3.10/4.7/5.5/6.2/7.0)
    (No Mods)

Fairly self explanatory, but here's a detailed STR for anybody too boneheaded to reproduce this. This reproduces reliably and is not in any way random. Furthermore to my knowledge this bug has existed since the very beginning of sims 3, and is still around. Please fix it.

1. Place instrument in your inventory
    2. Serenade someone with the instrument in your inventory
    3. Cancel your action by clicking on it (top left corner)

If this occurs anywhere other than on your home lot, you have just lost your instrument. It is no longer yours, it now belongs to whatever lot you happen to be standing on.

Also you don't need to cancel yourself, you can just as easily be interrupted by any autonomous behavior, like being chatted at.
    edited February 2011
    Serenade/Cancel drops your instrument

(Version 1.19/2.14/3.10/4.7/5.5/6.2/7.0)
    (No Mods)

Fairly self explanatory, but here's a detailed STR for anybody too boneheaded to reproduce this. This reproduces reliably and is not in any way random. Furthermore to my knowledge this bug has existed since the very beginning of sims 3, and is still around. Please fix it.

1. Place instrument in your inventory
    2. Serenade someone with the instrument in your inventory
    3. Cancel your action by clicking on it (top left corner)

If this occurs anywhere other than on your home lot, you have just lost your instrument. It is no longer yours, it now belongs to whatever lot you happen to be standing on.

Also you don't need to cancel yourself, you can just as easily be interrupted by any autonomous behavior, like being chatted at.
    I can confirm this bug, as it happened to me as well. Serenade action was canceled by autonomous behavior. (My Sim had to pee. :oops:)
    edited February 2011
    Got a new bug for you!

Post-OLS Patch

My Sims can no longer gain any skills! That's right.

Cooking on a stove or reading a book does nothing. Taking a cooking class works in getting the Sim to Level 1, but you can't advance after that.

Same thing happened with my Athletic Sim. Worked out at the gym? No skill gain. Worked out at home? No skill gain. And he can't read a book on fitness, so it was off to the stadium! Got to Level 1 after the class, but he still couldn't gain any experiance from working out.

Full test report found here - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/340833.page
  • rosierealearosierealea Posts: 419 Member
    edited February 2011
    How can a glitch such as constant sim freezing NOT be fixed as of yet? This bug has been tracked back to November. This is really such a pity EA. It's a bit pathetic to say the least. Very disappointed and may rethink Sims 3 all together since you don't seem to care that most of your faithful users and buyers now cannot actually even PLAY the game without 'resetsims' every 5 seconds.

The last patch was complete junk to say the least.

I'm having the exactly same problem. I load the game and literally give up within 10 minutes. It's unplayable.

I'll try some of the fixes mentioned upthread.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited February 2011
    Guys you have to be patient, EA WILL release a patch once they have many bugs and glitches to fix. They also need to find out where the source of the bugs and glitches are coming from, so that they could release a patch that would fix them all instead of making many separate patches to fix a couple of problems at a time.
    edited February 2011
    sam123 wrote:
    Guys you have to be patient, EA WILL release a patch once they have many bugs and glitches to fix. They also need to find out where the source of the bugs and glitches are coming from, so that they could release a patch that would fix them all instead of making many separate patches to fix a couple of problems at a time.
    So their next EP is a patch?
  • chrissy240chrissy240 Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble ordering omni plant seeds from the mailbox?
  • ranma6899ranma6899 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2011
    please fix late night ,i started a new game it was going ok then after awhile i got lags i noticed cars everywhere my sims had there own cars but kept having those other junk cars in there invtory ,i dont use mods ,one the hot tub in outdoors will freeze the game it the one with the water fall. to many celbrates ,and pop framing .i tired of all laging and slow down i didnt have that much trouble until i installed late night. please fix them ,barnicle bay unplayable to much lag, i found two world i never laged at all until i installed outdoor ,i finally delted those worlds ,i should not have to do that ea goto someone world to get rid of the lag .,there from the group i with with machine those maps i used they dont mod them.
  • naturelover101naturelover101 Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2011
    please can you help me!! my sims won't take care of their needs anymore so when they are tired they won't go to bed and so on
    so please help me get rid of this glitch!!!!! please!!!
  • brebee2010brebee2010 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I can't get the latest update to download...it says there is a package verification error. Help!!
    edited February 2011
    please can you help me!! my sims won't take care of their needs anymore so when they are tired they won't go to bed and so on
    Make sure your free will is still set to High. If it is still set to High, run a test game and observe your Sims.

Normally, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute before the Free Will feature takes over a Sim and they become autonomous. If that doesn't work, then go through your downloads and remove any mods you may have that you forgot to meantion about.
    edited February 2011
    chrissy240 wrote:
    Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble ordering omni plant seeds from the mailbox?
    They made it impossible to order Omniplant Seeds after you install Late Night and any patch after that. :roll:
  • ksc0010ksc0010 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2011
    i played for 3 days after she got caught and she is gone from the game and never came home. i assume this is a bug of some kind.
  • naturelover101naturelover101 Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2011
  • Kat1Kat1 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I've been reading through the thread and I've seen a lot about sim lagging- I have this problem but it's not just the sims, it's the whole game. Every 3 seconds the game freezes for about a minute and it's very frustrating and unplayable. I have never had this problem before and I have everything up to date so I don't know what's wrong. I've restarted the game and my computer over and over again but nothing seems to work. Is it because I have just installed the latest patch? Is anyone experiencing the same and does anyone know how to fix it?
    edited February 2011
    Kat1 wrote:
    I've been reading through the thread and I've seen a lot about sim lagging- I have this problem but it's not just the sims, it's the whole game. Every 3 seconds the game freezes for about a minute and it's very frustrating and unplayable. I have never had this problem before and I have everything up to date so I don't know what's wrong. I've restarted the game and my computer over and over again but nothing seems to work. Is it because I have just installed the latest patch? Is anyone experiencing the same and does anyone know how to fix it?
    It could be a hardware thing. Do you know how much RAM you have, your processor speed, and the memory size of your graphics card? Those are usually what you need to check first.
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2011
    The message has been deleted due to another incident of "hoof and mouth disease".
  • ExoDude3ExoDude3 Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if it's a game problem or just a glitch, but my sim is in a nightclub, and he cant go down to the lower floors.
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2011
    The inventor skill is not working properly.

A new glitch for me is that he's has achieved a level 8 for the skill when a wish appears for level 6. He has invented only 3 gadgets. The last time he was asked to invent something new he was working for hours and created nothing.

Does someone know if moving him to another neighborhood would help the situation? If the house is from Late Night could I still have the problem if he takes it with him? Another thought is because he started this job in Late Night the damage is there and cannot be corrected.

Any ideas?

Thank you one and all. irene

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top